PDA

View Full Version : David Garrard quitting New York Jets, cites knee issue

MDFINFAN
05-15-2013, 10:50 PM
Glad he's off their list, he did scare me a little if he'd won the QB comp.. but a really good guy, he had been named pretty much the starter for miami last year until he hurt his knee.

"Having to call it quits," Garrard wrote in a text message to NFL.com's Adam Schein. "My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000201035/article/david-garrard-quitting-new-york-jets-cites-knee-issue

better days
05-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Geno will no doubt start for the Jets. There is no point in starting Sanchez when they are going to cut him next year.

DynaPaul
05-16-2013, 03:44 PM
And thus he makes way for the triumphant return of Jamarcus Russell.

trapezeus
05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
if you are smart, you start sanchez again and have a bad season and hope geno can get it from learning from sideline.

if they put out geno raw as he is and he fails...if his draft showing was any sign of his character, when the jersey fans turn on him, he will leave in the middle of the seaosn. perhaps even the game.

jets are going to be a lot of fun to watch...as a bills fan.

better days
05-16-2013, 05:53 PM
if you are smart, you start sanchez again and have a bad season and hope geno can get it from learning from sideline.

if they put out geno raw as he is and he fails...if his draft showing was any sign of his character, when the jersey fans turn on him, he will leave in the middle of the seaosn. perhaps even the game.

jets are going to be a lot of fun to watch...as a bills fan.

Should be fun watching them implode this year. What is the over under on the Jets?

trapezeus
05-17-2013, 12:43 PM
3 wins? maybe 4

Bill Cody
05-17-2013, 12:57 PM
if you are smart, you start sanchez again

Agreed. Geno can see from the sidelines how to perform the butt fumble.

BleedinGreenNC
05-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Should be fun watching them implode this year. What is the over under on the Jets?

Last year was imploding, this year everyone knows the Jets will not be good, after this season the rest of the baggage is gone.

better days
05-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Last year was imploding, this year everyone knows the Jets will not be good, after this season the rest of the baggage is gone.

Last year is nothing compared to when the fans start calling for the head of Rex & the stupid greedy owner Woody.

Great way to start off Thursday Night football with the Jets, let the Circus go on.

BleedinGreenNC
05-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Last year is nothing compared to when the fans start calling for the head of Rex & the stupid greedy owner Woody.

Great way to start off Thursday Night football with the Jets, let the Circus go on.

Where have you been? The fans have been calling for his head for a long time, and no Jets fan likes Johnson. I love how Bills fans call the Jets a joke.

better days
05-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Where have you been? The fans have been calling for his head for a long time, and no Jets fan likes Johnson. I love how Bills fans call the Jets a joke.

I have been on Jets boards lurking. I KNOW they HATE Woody & why shouldn't they hate that greedy bastard. And Bills fans complain about Ralph. Everyone loved Rex when the Jets were winning, but his act does not go over well with a LOSING team.

I see the Jets having a terrible year with the fans exploding on Rex & Woody & the media selling a lot of papers & getting a lot of hits on the web.

After the season ends, the Jets fire Rex, hire an offensive minded HC & the Jets defense falls apart. The Jets draft 3rd or 4th, just out of reach of the franchise QB.

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2013, 03:37 PM
I have been on Jets boards lurking. I KNOW they HATE Woody & why shouldn't they hate that greedy bastard. And Bills fans complain about Ralph. Everyone loved Rex when the Jets were winning, but his act does not go over well with a LOSING team.

I see the Jets having a terrible year with the fans exploding on Rex & Woody & the media selling a lot of papers & getting a lot of hits on the web.

After the season ends, the Jets fire Rex, hire an offensive minded HC & the Jets defense falls apart. The Jets draft 3rd or 4th, just out of reach of the franchise QB.

I agree with you, i also see the Bills contending for a little this year, then they will miss the playoffs again.

better days
05-19-2013, 12:49 AM
I agree with you, i also see the Bills contending for a little this year, then they will miss the playoffs again.

Yeah, that would not surprise me at all. I think most Bills fans will be happy if there is still hope going into November.