PDA

View Full Version : Rob Johnson's Dad is Tuel's trainer

Skooby
05-19-2013, 02:45 AM
http://m.buffalonews.com/story/?story=1&sec=sp

trapezeus
05-20-2013, 08:59 AM
that explains why he was injured all the time.

JoeMama
05-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Good ol' RJ.

Had a few flashes of brilliance but ultimately never possessed the 6th sense required by elite QBs to sense pressure.

Didn't have the body to withstand an NFL beating either.

I was thinking about the San Fran game from 1998 the other day. What an amazing game.

The downtrodden 0-3 Buffalo Bills, universally regarded as the worst team in the NFL at the time.

The undefeated juggernaut Niners rolling into town like they owned the place.

Shocked everyone that day. I was in a state of uninterrupted bliss the next 7 days.

And it was ultimately the game that acted as a springboard to the magical rebound that season.

Most of my RJ memories are bad. Not that one.

TigerJ
05-20-2013, 09:11 AM
that explains why he was injured all the time. The same personal QB coach/trainer who works with Tom Brady and Drew Brees also worked with Tim Tebow. Does the fact he worked with Tim Tebow make him a poor coach/trainer?

justasportsfan
05-20-2013, 09:26 AM
same guy that trained Sanchize? :idunno:

trapezeus
05-20-2013, 11:24 AM
The same personal QB coach/trainer who works with Tom Brady and Drew Brees also worked with Tim Tebow. Does the fact he worked with Tim Tebow make him a poor coach/trainer?

i mostly kidding since RJ was routinely hurt and tuel's knock is that he was hurt...ergo the humor.

RedEyE
05-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Rob Johnson...

When I read the name Rob Johnson the first thing that pops into my head is that Music City Miracle drive where he loses his shoe and is running around all floppy sock.

That lone visual is the epitome of his career.

What a doofus.

The last buffalo fan
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Rob Johnson...

When I read the name Rob Johnson the first thing that pops into my head is that Music City Miracle drive where he loses his shoe and is running around all floppy sock.

What a doofus.

Special teams coverage, Ralph Wilson, BUM Lil Phillips and referes cost us this miracle game, not a doofus man. :ill:

acehole
05-20-2013, 05:19 PM
This would make Jeff the 2nd "tool" coached by this man.

feldspar
05-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Special teams coverage, Ralph Wilson, BUM Lil Phillips and referes cost us this miracle game, not a doofus man. :ill:

I will believe until the day that I die that the Bills would have won that game had they stuck with Flutie. There is no telling how far the Bills would have gone in the playoffs too...perhaps the Super Bowl. We had a really good shot that year. We had the #1 defense in the NFL.

DynaPaul
05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
I hear there's a picture of Tuel in the next Sports Illustrated sitting in a hot tub shirtless.

mikemac2001
05-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Rob Johnson...

What a doofus.

dont we get a big first down on that play....pretty sure the sock didnt blow the coverage

justasportsfan
05-21-2013, 12:02 PM
HA!

Rob Johnson is best known for his rein as #11 Quarterback for Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Buffalo Bills, where his unique style and technique helped lead his team to a Super Bowl championship.

http://www.campquarterback.com/rob-johnson-camp-quarterback-coach/

trapezeus
05-21-2013, 12:36 PM
I will believe until the day that I die that the Bills would have won that game had they stuck with Flutie. There is no telling how far the Bills would have gone in the playoffs too...perhaps the Super Bowl. We had a really good shot that year. We had the #1 defense in the NFL.

that's funny, i remember thinking after he got the score to put us up that that drive would be legendary. a guy scoring without a shoe.
i kind of believe that if the bills won that game, he would have kept building his confidence. instead, he went squarely backwards.

Mouldsie
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
HA!

http://www.campquarterback.com/rob-johnson-camp-quarterback-coach/
Wow that bio is awesome

justasportsfan
05-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Wow that bio is awesome

they should have mentioned along with his sb ring that Jim Kelly doesn't have one.

The last buffalo fan
05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
they should have mentioned along with his sb ring that Jim Kelly doesn't have one.

What do you think of Canelo Alvarez, serious question.

bf1
05-21-2013, 03:51 PM
I bet Tuel can stand on the 20 yard line and drop footballs in garbage cans in the corners of the endzone. All day.

The last buffalo fan
05-21-2013, 04:39 PM
I bet Tuel can stand on the 20 yard line and drop footballs in garbage cans in the corners of the endzone. All day.

If we put two dummies there, I could take the bet.

RedEyE
05-21-2013, 09:01 PM
dont we get a big first down on that play....pretty sure the sock didnt blow the coverage
All for what?

The point is despite any of the upside Rob Johnson might of had, in the end he wasn't any better than that floppy ol sock.

The guy was a doofus. Case closed.

Oaf
05-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Good ol' RJ.

Had a few flashes of brilliance but ultimately never possessed the 6th sense required by elite QBs to sense pressure.

Didn't have the body to withstand an NFL beating either.

I was thinking about the San Fran game from 1998 the other day. What an amazing game.

The downtrodden 0-3 Buffalo Bills, universally regarded as the worst team in the NFL at the time.

The undefeated juggernaut Niners rolling into town like they owned the place.

Shocked everyone that day. I was in a state of uninterrupted bliss the next 7 days.

And it was ultimately the game that acted as a springboard to the magical rebound that season.

Most of my RJ memories are bad. Not that one.

Did Flutie start that game?

Skooby
08-25-2013, 01:11 AM
How old is Rob again?

The Jokeman
08-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Did Flutie start that game?

No, this was two games before Flutie's bootleg and RJ's ultimate benching. http://www.nfl.com/player/robjohnson/2501452/gamelogs?season=1998 Yet so many fans forget this game because of what followed.

How old is Rob again?

He turned 40 in March.