PDA

View Full Version : would you say bryan scott is a lock to make the team?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-20-2013, 02:26 AM
I mean, is a part time nickel lb that hard to replace? cant dowtin/searcy fill that spot? I would hate to see us cut meeks or robey and keep him...

better days
05-20-2013, 09:48 AM
You need some Vets on the roster. I say Scott is a lock to be on the roster opening day.

justasportsfan
05-20-2013, 09:50 AM
everyone has to fight for a roster spot especially now that the bills, brought in a bunch of linebackers.

ServoBillieves
05-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Bryan Scott... our most reliable player for the past how long? No clue how Dowtin would take his place, or how he's even in the same sentence... Playmaker, does what he's told (Hey! You're a safety, oh wait, you're a linebacker, wait, now you're a hybrid, wait, you're a linebacker again, WAIT You're...)

He should be on the roster day 1. Just an opinion.

DBrown77
05-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Not The Dude = Mitchmurraydowntown?

ServoBillieves
05-20-2013, 08:54 PM

It's the same person in about 10 avatars.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-21-2013, 01:49 AM
IMO he will not only make the roster, he will be the starting WR by week 2 1/2.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-21-2013, 01:59 AM

im not nwf...lol what is nwf anyway?

swiper
05-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Bryan Scott was asked to play out of place last year. He is what he is... a good safety in run support. Perhaps he is reliable for covering slot receivers/TEs, IDK. He's been a good, unheralded player for a while now. Whether he makes this roster with this coaching staff only time will tell. If not he would likely land with Jauron or Fewell or somewhere like that.

TigerJ
05-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Scott does several things well. The main thing that is worrisome is that when Scott was on the field as a linebacker last season, the Bills' run defense was as porous as any team in the NFL. The question Pettine has to answer is, was that on Scott, or was it due to the scheme? Dowtin knows the scheme. He's fast, and he's a little bigger than Scott, but he's also a virtual youngster by comparison. Of course, none of us really knows the answer, but the tendencies we've seen from Pettine and the entire organization this offseason suggest they may go with the younger and more aggressive option.

Mace
05-24-2013, 08:13 PM
There's no way whatever to pretend Scott does anything well. As a tampa 2 tweener, he was damaged by contact by running backs, as a DB he's too slow to cover, as the primary nickel linebacker he could not cover tight ends, and running backs carry him 5 yards a pop on a rush. He has been present on some of the worst Bills defenses in NFL history, he is somehow Chris Kelsay and will not go away. Somehow, they made Barnett carry the solo linebacker load and gave Scott the second most LB snaps despite that we had other linebackers last year. He's a monstrous huge part of why it seemed we had no LB's out there while Barnett was running around trying to be several of them and looking bad at it. He will absolutely be on the opening day roster and if anyone whoever will ever be able to make any kind of use of him it will be in a Rex Ryan/Pettine theoretical defense. That said, I personally think he is another flavor of the entirely useless Sabby Piscitelli but would love for Pettine to make me look stupid. Unfortunately, I also wanted Edwards, Fewell and Wannstedt to make me look stupid as well, and I predict Scott goes down for the season when a tight end blocks him on purpose in week 3 or 4.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-24-2013, 08:26 PM
No, and I also don't think that he is going to be our leading receiver and I really don't know how much weight you could lose drinking mountain dew while watching youtube clips of Bryan Scott.

The Jokeman
05-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Nope he might be replaced with a younger version of himself in Marcus Dowtin.

kishoph
05-26-2013, 01:11 PM
I think he'll make it because of his versatility, which Pettine seems to be looking for in his players. With players that can play multiple positions and gaps, techniques, etc., offense's won't be able to tell what defense the Bills will be in, just by what personnel they have out there.

Buddo
05-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Scott will almost certainly make the roster. The thing he has going for him above most of our other DBs/LBs, is a nose for the football, and at times when it actually helps the team.
The guy is a solid player, who understands the game, and will make a contribution when called upon.
While he's not really starting quality, he's a very versatile backup, of the type that teams need - especially as a veteran in a younger looking squad.

Homegrown
05-26-2013, 02:51 PM
I hope not...Like Kelsay, Wilson, S Johnson he's a big part of some crappy d's the last 5-6 years ... IMHO, his roster spot should be given to a much younger man

NOT THE DUDE...
05-26-2013, 04:28 PM
No, and I also don't think that he is going to be our leading receiver and I really don't know how much weight you could lose drinking mountain dew while watching youtube clips of Bryan Scott.

you mad bro?

Buffalo Billy Bison
05-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Absolutely! The coaching staff loves his versatility!

Skooby
05-27-2013, 12:45 AM

My writing style or opinions usually lead to a mix of previous posters, I'll assure all that I do not post on here in any other way here in any way shape or fashion.

Skooby
05-27-2013, 12:49 AM

Using mild autism, a slight ******ism & some alcoholic tendencies, this might seem the case. Reality is that many people copy but I'm the same name on multiple boards, love or hate me the same.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-27-2013, 09:28 PM
My writing style or opinions usually lead to a mix of previous posters, I'll assure all that I do not post on here in any other way here in any way shape or fashion.

hahahahahahahahaha

NOT THE DUDE...
05-27-2013, 09:30 PM

its hilarious that you actually think that.

jimbohastle51
05-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Very good player and very cheap. Injury is the only way he would end up not playing for the bills this season.

Mr. Pink
05-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Veteran who provides depth and roster versatility on the cheap.

No reason he's not here this upcoming season.

That being said, when it comes to contract time, I don't see him a lock to be retained.