PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams says Buffalo Bills gave him painkillers

justasportsfan
05-20-2013, 01:33 PM
"I took 3 hydrocodones this morning and no one knows," Williams allegedly wrote Marzouki. "I'm going to take 2 more on the plane and fade away ... No money in the world should leave me with suicidal thoughts."

Tim Graham of The Buffalo News reported Monday that Williams said the pills were prescribed and handed out by Bills, and Williams denied having suicidal thoughts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204582/article/mario-williams-says-buffalo-bills-gave-him-painkillers

RedEyE
05-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Just his ex trying to drag him through the mud.

MoormanRules8
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM

If the text messages were taken out of his phone records by investigators instead of his GF, then those texts are very real. If they are just hear say then yeah she is trying to ruin his credibility thinking it will get her something in the end.

Typ0
05-20-2013, 03:04 PM
she's got a lot more bad stuff I would imagine ... and then releasing this is a wake up call to him what he's in for if he doesn't bend over for her ....

NOT THE DUDE...
05-20-2013, 03:05 PM
:earpoke:

coastal
05-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Was that before or after his alleged wrist surgery?

DraftBoy
05-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Was that before or after his alleged wrist surgery?

Come on man, we're talking about a guy who very well may have a painkiller problem and be contemplating suicide. Whether you love or hate Mario I think its ok to drop this act for a little while and just care for the guy as a human being.

coastal
05-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Come on man, we're talking about a guy who very well may have a painkiller problem and be contemplating suicide. Whether you love or hate Mario I think its ok to drop this act for a little while and just care for the guy as a human being.Mario's a suicidal victim now?

give me an ever loving break.

im rooting for the chick in this case. Here's hoping she not only gets to keep the ring... but she gets all the books in the library too... and the couch for that matter!

:bigwave:

Btw... Ill let it go when everyone starts admitting this guy is what he is...

Fool's Gold.

DraftBoy
05-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Mario's a suicidal victim now?

im rooting for the chick in this case. Here's hoping she not only gets to keep the ring... but she gets all the books in the library too... and the couch for that matter!

Fool's Gold.

Sad you'd rather play out this shtick. To each his own.

Beebe
05-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Is this the first time an ex girlfriend talks **** about her ex? c'mon man so if he says i want to kill Tom Brady on the next play should we take it serious?

coastal
05-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Sad you'd rather play out this shtick. To each his own.
It ain't a shtick.

this guy is an adult dlinemen in the National Football League... not some butt hurt high school kid who just got punked at the prom.

grow the **** up.

Blondie
05-20-2013, 10:37 PM
If Mario was smart he'd take the couch and stfu at this point!

Lol

Novacane
05-20-2013, 11:35 PM
she's got a lot more bad stuff I would imagine ... and then releasing this is a wake up call to him what he's in for if he doesn't bend over for her ....

I agree. If he's smart he should just let her have the ring and chalk it up as an expensive lesson learned.

ublinkwescore
05-21-2013, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't let that gold-digging c#nt have the ring. Take the ***** to court and make her waste her limited (in comparison) resources on court costs.

ublinkwescore
05-21-2013, 12:42 AM
That ***** will never land another professional athlete again.

ParanoidAndroid
05-21-2013, 07:23 AM

Fool's Gold.

Right. You are way too smart to be in a messy divorce situation and never complain about your ex.

DraftBoy
05-21-2013, 07:29 AM
It ain't a shtick.

this guy is an adult dlinemen in the National Football League... not some butt hurt high school kid who just got punked at the prom.

grow the **** up.

Yes it is.

pmoon6
05-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Sad you'd rather play out this shtick. To each his own.Instead of pulling for one of our players to do well, he would rather constantly remind everybody what he thinks of Mario so he can pimp his "vast football knowledge". Totally ego driven, but there are a lot of guys like that in the Internet age.

As far as the Vicodin, depending on how many milligrams, his life probably wouldn't have been in danger even if he took 5 at once unless he has a heart condition. Vicodin is relatively mild in the lexicon of pain medication.

coastal
05-21-2013, 07:44 AM
If you don't stop picking on me moonie, I'm going to take another Advil.

I swear it.

DraftBoy
05-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Instead of pulling for one of our players to do well, he would rather constantly remind everybody what he thinks of Mario so he can pimp his "vast football knowledge". Totally ego driven, but there are a lot of guys like that in the Internet age.

As far as the Vicodin, depending on how many milligrams, his life probably wouldn't have been in danger even if he took 5 at once unless he has a heart condition. Vicodin is relatively mild in the lexicon of pain medication.

I agree, but it wasn't the pills that were prescribed that I'd be worried about. If he's really having suicidal thoughts then there are about 1,000 different ways he could end it if he so choose. Unfortunately people like coastal think this is the perfect opportunity to play the "I'm right" card, its just sad is all.

k-oneputt
05-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Three vic's for a 6'7'' 290 lb man is nothing. Really you think he is the only guy in the NFL taking painkillers ?As for his ex -fiance he needs to suck it up and shut -up with this in the media.

better days
05-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Three vic's for a 6'7'' 290 lb man is nothing. Really you think he is the only guy in the NFL taking painkillers ?As for his ex -fiance he needs to suck it up and shut -up with this in the media.

As for the Ex, Mario filed a lawsuite against her in an attempt to get his ring back. The lawsuit is public record & the media ran with it. Can't say I blame Mario, I would want the ring back if it were me.

EricStratton
05-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Texas law is on his side in the lawsuit.

As far as the Bills giving him pain killers there is a reason each team has doctors (with their licenses on the line) on staff.

Blondie
05-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately people like coastal think this is the perfect opportunity to play the "I'm right" card, its just sad is all.
Silly silly boy...

So you agree then that Mario was "fools gold" you just don't think its appropriate timing to point it out?

:D

Mahdi
05-21-2013, 08:51 AM

Fool's Gold.

Well fool's gold got 10.5 sacks while playing injured and was rated in the top 100 of NFL players by people who play against him.

We could care less what your opinion is.

pmoon6
05-21-2013, 09:14 AM
I agree, but it wasn't the pills that were prescribed that I'd be worried about. If he's really having suicidal thoughts then there are about 1,000 different ways he could end it if he so choose. Unfortunately people like coastal think this is the perfect opportunity to play the "I'm right" card, its just sad is all.That's the question. Is he really suicidal? I have a hard time believing it. The guy has everything in the world to live for.

However, it shouldn't be sloughed off if that's what he said. The people close to him should get him into counciling and stay close. He would need the support.

better days
05-21-2013, 09:20 AM
That's the question. Is he really suicidal? I have a hard time believing it. The guy has everything in the world to live for.

However, it shouldn't be sloughed off if that's what he said. The people close to him should get him into counciling and stay close. He would need the support.

I don't know if he needs counseling as much as another woman to get over that gold digger.

pmoon6
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
If you don't stop picking on me moonie, I'm going to take another Advil.

I swear it.Picking on you? I thought I was being nice.

I mean I could have brought up how you masterbate in front of Patrick Willis' fatboy on your wall.

pmoon6
05-21-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't know if he needs counseling as much as another woman to get over that gold digger.Nah, you don't immediately get into another relationship after something like this.

Mario should be thankful that he didn't actually marry her, maybe he can just concentrate on football and take his aggressions out on opposing players.

better days
05-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Nah, you don't immediately get into another relationship after something like this.

Mario should be thankful that he didn't actually marry her, maybe he can just concentrate on football and take his aggressions out on opposing players.

Who's talking relationship? I'm talking rebound, best thing in the world to get over someone.

k-oneputt
05-21-2013, 09:39 AM
If he's smart, and I'm not sure he is, he would let her keep the ring and end this now before it gets way worse.

gebobs
05-21-2013, 09:47 AM

Fool's Gold.

Self absorbed much?

gebobs
05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Texas law is on his side in the lawsuit.
Interesting. How so?

pmoon6
05-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Interesting. How so?

The dispute over a $76,000 engagement ring between Roy Williams, a Cowboys receiver, and Brooke Daniels, a former Miss Texas USA, has been settled after Daniels returned the ring.

It seemed like Daniels wanted to keep her precious rock even after ditching Williams. But if she broke the engagement off, whose ring is it legally?

"The general rule is that the ring is a conditional gift," said Houston family law attorney Barbara L. Schnack.

"That means that 'I give you this (ring) on the condition that you marry me in order for it to become a complete gift.' "

After marriage, the ring becomes the receiver's separate property, or complete gift. But in that period between the proposal and the altar, the ring is just a temporary offering.

Had Daniels and Williams gone to court, the conditional gift theory would have most likely been applied.Giving back an engagement ring is also based in tradition. I never heard of a woman that was going to keep it and that's how most women break up with their fiancé. They hand the ring back.

I thought that was common knowledge concerning manners and etiquette.

EricStratton
05-21-2013, 10:02 AM
In Texas an engagement ring is conditional on the two getting married no matter which one breaks it off.

No wedding, no ring.

gebobs
05-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Giving back an engagement ring is also based in tradition. I never heard of a woman that was going to keep it and that's how most women break up with their fiancé. They hand the ring back.

I doubt anyone has ever thought I might have even a passing knowledge. ;-)

In my own experience, it never came to that point in either time I gave a gal a ring. Both times we were married. The first marriage ended when I confronted my ex with the damning evidence that she was banging some other guy. And she was very nice about it and gave me the ring back. I said thank you very much. It took the ER just 15 minutes to extract it from my forehead. ;-)

But forgive my own self-absorption and back to the topic at hand...do the rules get bent depending on the culpability. If Williams broke off the engagement, should she be able to keep the ring, if for no other reason than for spite? Who ended this relationship?

And pardon my lack of sympathy, but he makes $15 million a year. As long as we're talking manners and etiquette, how about other stupid traditions? Like spending 25% of your salary on an engagement ring. Seems he's getting off lightly.

But as a liberal progressive, I'm not one for tradition. Any dumbass that would spend that much on jewelry is a fool and will probably be standing in line at the soup kitchen two weeks after retirement along with Evander Holyfield, Travis Henry and all the other financial geniuses that we shower with money.

My advice to Mario: Let her keep the damned ring and let it be a lesson to you. Get your head on straight and wear your jersey with pride. Your career, once so full of promise, is looking a bit in peril. Bank your money. You have 5 years left of virtually guaranteed income and you can retire like a king if you stop being such a wastrel.

gebobs
05-21-2013, 10:23 AM
In Texas an engagement ring is conditional on the two getting married no matter which one breaks it off.

No wedding, no ring.
Well, you said this is law. It doesn't seem that cut and dried.

coastal
05-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Well fool's gold got 10.5 sacks while playing injured and was rated in the top 100 of NFL players by people who play against him.

We could care less what your opinion is.
He was injured?

really?

coastal
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Self absorbed much?self-righteous indignation much?

justasportsfan
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
He was injured?

really?

was the arthroscopic surgery fake? :idunno:

coastal
05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
was the arthroscopic surgery fake? :idunno:
Was it real?

mikemac2001
05-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Mario had 10.5 sacks not to bad with an injured wrist for 6 games
Mario was over payed last year so people are complaining
Our D cord was also an idiot and likely lead to bad performance all around

people just love to hate mario wasnt the reason we sucked last year lay off the guy

JoeMama
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM

That ***** is no good.

pmoon6
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I doubt anyone has ever thought I might have even a passing knowledge. ;-)

In my own experience, it never came to that point in either time I gave a gal a ring. Both times we were married. The first marriage ended when I confronted my ex with the damning evidence that she was banging some other guy. And she was very nice about it and gave me the ring back. I said thank you very much. It took the ER just 15 minutes to extract it from my forehead. ;-)

But forgive my own self-absorption and back to the topic at hand...do the rules get bent depending on the culpability. If Williams broke off the engagement, should she be able to keep the ring, if for no other reason than for spite? Who ended this relationship?

And pardon my lack of sympathy, but he makes $15 million a year. As long as we're talking manners and etiquette, how about other stupid traditions? Like spending 25% of your salary on an engagement ring. Seems he's getting off lightly.

But as a liberal progressive, I'm not one for tradition. Any dumbass that would spend that much on jewelry is a fool and will probably be standing in line at the soup kitchen two weeks after retirement along with Evander Holyfield, Travis Henry and all the other financial geniuses that we shower with money.

My advice to Mario: Let her keep the damned ring and let it be a lesson to you. Get your head on straight and wear your jersey with pride. Your career, once so full of promise, is looking a bit in peril. Bank your money. You have 5 years left of virtually guaranteed income and you can retire like a king if you stop being such a wastrel.I don't care how much money I was making, I'm getting back a ring I paid 3/4 of a million dollars for on principle. Stupid to pay that much for a piece of jewelry? Sure. However, being rejected is bad enough, being rejected and being ripped off is beyond the pale of human endurance.

P.S. Sorry about your first marriage. That sucks.

coastal
05-21-2013, 12:18 PM
mario wasnt the reason we sucked last year lay off the guythe highest paid defensive player in the entire NFL doesn't burden some of the responsibility for the team's overall level of suck?

pmoon6
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Was it real?When Mario has 18 sacks next year we expect you to get on your knees and beg forgiveness for your error in judgment.

It won't be hard since you're used to being on your knees.

coastal
05-21-2013, 12:21 PM
When Mario has 18 sacks next year we expect you to get on your knees and beg forgiveness for your error in judgment.

It won't be hard since you're used to being on your knees.
Contrary to popular belief, I don't root for Mario to fail.

As much as anyone out here... I would love for him to merit out his contract.

trapezeus
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
the article i read said she had told him as he threatened to break up a couple times that either he needs to be serious about getting married or she's keeping the ring.

i don't think mario is blameless here, but she should do the right thing and return it. i find it so interesting when people who want to be broken up but keep the saga continuing.

i went through a divorce. we went to a mediator, treated each other kindly and broke it off. we both took some concessions and gained some things. we hardly talk now, but when we do, it's easy going and cordial. which is what we wanted.

i think the more telling this from her account of mario is that as a guy is hitting 30 in a trench position, it seems like these guys need to be heavily medicated from their years of service. really a sad thing. and it makes you wonder if he's going through some of hte head trauma that other stories have brought to light.

but i have to say, nothing to help your sporting self exceed expectations than heartbreak!

swiper
05-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Contrary to popular belief, I don't root for Mario to fail.

As much as anyone out here... I would love for him to merit out his contract.

For that kind of money he'd better be Reggie and Bruce wrapped into one.

justasportsfan
05-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Was it real?

no one else is implying it was fake but you. It's public that he had surgery done but unless you have proof it wasn't then I'll listen.

Blondie
05-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Giving back an engagement ring is also based in tradition. I never heard of a woman that was going to keep it and that's how most women break up with their fiancé. They hand the ring back.

I always thought that IF the ring was given to the girl of her Birthday or Christmas or Valentines Day or some other "holiday" then she could keep it as it was a GIFT.

HOWEVER .. if it was given to her any other time she must give it back as it was not a gift??

coastal
05-21-2013, 01:22 PM
no one else is implying it was fake but you. It's public that he had surgery done but unless you have proof it wasn't then I'll listen.
What was the injury and what surgery was done?

Mahdi
05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
He was injured?

really?

Ya he didn't get surgery done on his wrist for fun. And considering there was a marked difference in his play after what you call the "alleged" surgery it makes sense. Mario was always a power rusher and never a speed rusher, and it was obvious in the first half of the season that he didn't have his bull rush.

Mario is an all-around DE, he is not a 18 sack guy like Von Miller. So what you see is what you get with him.

Is he worth 100 mil? No, would we have gotten him for less? No. Would anyone have gotten him for less? No. That is the NFL.

EricStratton
05-21-2013, 01:51 PM
The NFL requires teams to report all injuries or face huge fines and possible loss of draft picks. Unless the whole organization was covering it up the team reported to the NFL that he had an operation on his wrist.

That pretty much ends the "is it's real" argument.

justasportsfan
05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
What was the injury and what surgery was done?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/10/29/person-familiar-with-plans-to-ap-de-mario-williams-rejoins-bills-expects-to/

coastal
05-21-2013, 02:44 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/10/29/person-familiar-with-plans-to-ap-de-mario-williams-rejoins-bills-expects-to/
Arthroscopic surgery for a sprained left wrist?

Really?

coastal
05-21-2013, 02:51 PM
The NFL requires teams to report all injuries or face huge fines and possible loss of draft picks. Unless the whole organization was covering it up the team reported to the NFL that he had an operation on his wrist.

That pretty much ends the "is it's real" argument.
Hey smug poster boy...

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1362546-bills-de-mario-williams-wrist-injury-being-investigated-and-more-afc-east-news

the organization apparently didn't know anything about it... then he has a quick arthroscopic surgery on a "sprained wrist" and subsequently is ready to beat up pn 3rd rate OT's for the remainder of the year?

I'm dying to see the surgical report.

gebobs
05-21-2013, 02:53 PM
self-righteous indignation much?
There's no indignation. It's not personal on my part at all. I'm just making an observation that you post "fool's gold" in every thread with Mario Williams in the title. Give it a rest. Everyone knows where you stand.

gebobs
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
I don't care how much money I was making, I'm getting back a ring I paid 3/4 of a million dollars for on principle. Stupid to pay that much for a piece of jewelry? Sure. However, being rejected is bad enough, being rejected and being ripped off is beyond the pale of human endurance.
Is that the case? MW's lawyers are painting her as a gold digger and that she ended the relationship. That's nice. I wonder what her side of the story is?

P.S. Sorry about your first marriage. That sucks.
No BFD. I'm in a better place. Unfortunately for my first wife, I can't say the say for her. Karma's a ***** and she's getting a real life lesson in it. The guy she was banging is divorcing her now too. He sounds like an A-1 jackalope too. After she supported him while he was getting a venture off the ground, he's leaving her in the lurch. I feel sorry for her. It sucks to be 50 with a fat ass and no one to ***** at.

EricStratton
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
So is your point that he had unnecessary surgery to save face for an average season?

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2013, 03:57 PM
I also hope Mario earns his contract, but the truth is that he did not really earn his contract in Houston.

Drafted 1 overall but never really reached his potential as a game changing difference maker.

I hope he is one this year but I will be surprised if he is.

coastal
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
There's no indignation. It's not personal on my part at all. I'm just making an observation that you post "fool's gold" in every thread with Mario Williams in the title. Give it a rest. Everyone knows where you stand.
No thanks.

I'll post how I want.

coastal
05-21-2013, 04:06 PM
So is your point that he had unnecessary surgery to save face for an average season?my point is to not lap it up.

swiper
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Doug Marrone is going to get an up-close look at the difference in dealing with NFL prima donnas vs kids in college with Mario Williams.

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Doug Marrone is going to get an up-close look at the difference in dealing with NFL prima donnas vs kids in college with Mario Williams.

The homers will tell you about Marrone`s vast experience as a NFL position coach.

swiper
05-21-2013, 06:45 PM
The homers will tell you about Marrone`s vast experience as a NFL position coach.

LOL. Right. He's such a juggernaut. How'd Wilson ever land him?

He comes in with the exact same pomp & circumstance that Gregg Williams did.

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Who gives a **** about this story? Why does everyone thing they have the right to pry into everyone's lives all the time.

Don't give me the we pay his salary nonsense. We pay Bill Gate's and Warren Buffet's salaries too. We don't get inside info on those guys. Hell I pay my mailman's salary too. Should I get to see an expose on him crushing Molson King can's in his living room??

ENOUGH.

gebobs
05-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Who gives a **** about this story?
Two words. Off-season. Wait. Does that count for one or two?

justasportsfan
05-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Arthroscopic surgery for a sprained left wrist?

Really? what you got? What your sources tell you?

coastal
05-22-2013, 06:30 AM
My brain tells me we didn't get the whole story and it was managed in house before it got too messy.

pmoon6
05-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Ya he didn't get surgery done on his wrist for fun. And considering there was a marked difference in his play after what you call the "alleged" surgery it makes sense. Mario was always a power rusher and never a speed rusher, and it was obvious in the first half of the season that he didn't have his bull rush.

Mario is an all-around DE, he is not a 18 sack guy like Von Miller. So what you see is what you get with him.

Is he worth 100 mil? No, would we have gotten him for less? No. Would anyone have gotten him for less? No. That is the NFL.The funny thing is before we signed Mario, Bills' Fans were *****ing about our lack of participation in FA. Then we sign the best FA defensive player available and it was too much money. That's why I think most Bills' Fans are a bunch of women. Very hard to please.

The truth is FA players are not going to come to Buffalo unless we overpay. The lack of success, the owner and the national perception of the city itself.

justasportsfan
05-22-2013, 08:55 AM
My brain tells me we didn't get the whole story and it was managed in house before it got too messy.

Well there you go. Who needs bb.com or any other sports news when we got you. ;) I'll make sure to check with you to confirm any news coming our from OBD

BTW, it was a torn ligament in his wrist not a sprain but that report is moot now that we have you.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8592362/mario-williams-buffalo-bills-de-had-torn-wrist-ligament-source

coastal
05-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Well there you go. Who needs bb.com or any other sports news when we got you. ;) I'll make sure to check with you to confirm any news coming our from OBD

BTW, it was a torn ligament in his wrist not a sprain but that report is moot now that we have you.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8592362/mario-williams-buffalo-bills-de-had-torn-wrist-ligament-source
"according to a team source"

:rofl:

Chris Brown is always on top of his PR anytime Russ says so.

justasportsfan
05-22-2013, 12:48 PM
"according to a team source"

:rofl:

Chris Brown is always on top of his PR anytime Russ says so.

I agree they are not the most reliable sources, but your "brain" is? Like i said, we'll check with you. BTW, what is Stevie's injury? Is he 100%? Troupe? Please enlighten us.

coastal
05-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I agree they are not the most reliable sources, but your "brain" is? Like i said, we'll check with you. BTW, what is Stevie's injury? Is he 100%? Troupe? Please enlighten us.wtf r u babbling about?

justasportsfan
05-22-2013, 12:59 PM
wtf r u babbling about?

I'm saying since you have your own sources as whether an injury is legit or fake in OBD, we should just check with you.

swiper
05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm saying since you have your own sources as whether an injury is legit or fake in OBD, we should just check with you.

I thought he was just asking the question.

justasportsfan
05-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I thought he was just asking the question.he was questioning the reports of the links I provided. So when I asked him if he has better sources , replied with

While it may be true it's hard for me to just simply accept his opinion/hunch without anything thing to back it up

coastal
05-22-2013, 02:03 PM
I have a documented image of Mario's injury...

trapezeus
05-22-2013, 04:45 PM

techincally most sprains are a low grade tear.