• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
    • Jan 2010

the 1990 buffalo bills...

for older bills fans over 35ish, when did you realize we were going to be great that year? favorite aspect of the offense? underrated player or part of the 1990 team? key game that year? what was your feeling when Kelly was hurt? and finally any secondary story related to the 1990 season, e.g. I was at the bar after the game, got in a fight, met a player that year, banged some hot chick, etc...
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: the 1990 buffalo bills...

Such innocence and hope in those days. We were already great, having played in three playoff games in the two years past and showing progress every year. Back then, it was Ronnie Harmon who was the goat, not Scott Norwood (or the refs in Tennessee... or Gary Bettman for that matter). I just remember being in high school and how everyone had gotten firmly on the bandwagon that year, if they hadn't already. That might just be the year that the city fell permanently in love with the Bills... moms, grandmas, 4 year old girls... the whole community. It was something. When your next door neighbor's great aunt knows more about football than the average 30 year old guy in a typical NFL town you know you're in the middle of something special. And even after the four losses to come, that something special has not died. The Bills community is wound tighter than just about any sports community I've ever seen in the four states I've lived and the many sports towns I've visited... and without nearly as much reason as those other places. To get that 1990 feeling back again... that would be unreal.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Key game that year was the the comeback game against Denver in week 4. We scored 21 points in under a minute and a half in the 4th quarter. Key play. Nate Odomes blocks a field goal try and Biscuit picks it up and goes something like 80 yards for the score.

I knew we were on our way then and we should have won the Super Bowl. If we would have played the Giants 10 times we would have beat them 9. Belichick was the reason, he designed the perfect defense to slow down the K-Gun. He used the same one to beat the Rams "Greatest Show on Turf".

Comment

• pmoon6
        Legendary Zoner
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
        for older bills fans over 35ish, when did you realize we were going to be great that year? favorite aspect of the offense? underrated player or part of the 1990 team? key game that year? what was your feeling when Kelly was hurt? and finally any secondary story related to the 1990 season, e.g. I was at the bar after the game, got in a fight, met a player that year, banged some hot chick, etc...
        HaHa. Sure. You probably weren't even alive.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
          Key game that year was the the comeback game against Denver in week 4. We scored 21 points in under a minute and a half in the 4th quarter. Key play. Nate Odomes blocks a field goal try and Biscuit picks it up and goes something like 80 yards for the score.
          This^

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. I will always remember this game as what looked like the game was in the bag for Denver turned out to be the game that clicked on all cylinders for the Bills.

Comment

• pmoon6
            Legendary Zoner
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
            This^

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. I will always remember this game as what looked like the game was in the bag for Denver turned out to be the game that clicked on all cylinders for the Bills.
            They did the same thing against Oakland the next week. Down something like 28-14 in the second half. They stormed back to win. Odomes again made a big play, ripping the ball out of Willie Gault's hands on a quick out and took it back for the TD.

Comment

• GreedoII
              • Aug 2007

The Miami game at home when they clinched division and home field with Reich at the helm was the big game and sealed the deal for me. A big loss in that game hurt them down the stretch I feel. Losing Beebe in that game. It hurt their long passing game a bit. Al Edwards was not good enough to compensate. So many great games that year: The Philly game when they unleashed the no huddle and throttled them in the 1st half. It was 24-0 before you can take your 1st piss. It was crazy. The Raider game with the Tasker blocked punt…awesome….42-0 drubbing of the Browns…the Giant victory in the rain….the year of my life to be a Bills fan...

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

That Denver game was the game where I became a bills fan - it was televised out here in central california - at least the part where bruce and Leon Seals were terrorising Elway (or EllieMay as Browns fans call him) and where we scored 3 tds in a buck 17

- - - Updated - - -

That Denver game was the game where I became a bills fan - it was televised out here in central california - at least the part where bruce and Leon Seals were terrorising Elway (or EllieMay as Browns fans call him) and where we scored 3 tds in a buck 17
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

BTW, I am only 33

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I am only 33
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                    BTW, I am only 33

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I am only 33
                    ONLY 33. Dude, to a teen that is ANCIENT.

I remember back LONG AGO when I was a teen, there was a slogen................Don't trust anyone over 30.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      ONLY 33. Dude, to a teen that is ANCIENT.

I remember back LONG AGO when I was a teen, there was a slogen................Don't trust anyone over 30.
                      What is it now? Don't trust anyone under 30?

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing about that game.

I was back in Buffalo for the week and my sister rented a big screen TV and had a party in her garage for the game. When we were down, some of the guys were saying "Kelly Sucks" and "the Bills' suck". I kept telling them there's plenty of time left and don't give up. It came from years of watching Roger Staubach because the Cowboys were always the second game on Sundays in the '70's. I said the same thing in'93 when all looked hopeless against the Oilers. Never give up and always stay positive.

I remember Daryl Talley saying, when we lost, "We didn't really lose, we just ran out of time"

Comment

• gebobs
                          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                          • Sep 2003

HaHa. Sure. You probably weren't even alive.
                          While I think NTF is somewhat annoying and reminds me of a similar fellow on The Range (name escapes me), I'm pretty sure he's asking for reminiscences, not giving them.
                          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• gebobs
                            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                            • Sep 2003

I remember Daryl Talley saying, when we lost, "We didn't really lose, we just ran out of time"
                            Quoting Lombardi is always a good idea.

My favorite: "If you're not fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." As a former coach, parents would ask what do we do to motivate players. We prepare them for the game. We make them confident in every nuance that they will be better than the other team. After that, motivation comes from within.
                            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                              While I think NTF is somewhat annoying and reminds me of a similar fellow on The Range (name escapes me), I'm pretty sure he's asking for reminiscences, not giving them.
                              NWF at the Range. You're right, I missed the e.g. part, but the guy is a bull****ter regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X