do you think we will end up trading byrd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

do you think we will end up trading byrd?

will we end up trading him before or during camp? and if so, what type of compensation should we expect? drafting meeks seems like a key hint that they are unsure... I know its a 5th rd pick, but we still took a safety when we already had bodies there....
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: do you think we will end up trading byrd?

I just don't think we are going to pay 9-10 mil per

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
      • Oct 2002

No, he will make 4.5 mil playing S and 4.5 mil being the number 1 WR.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

we are going to re-sign him. they are working on it now. it will be done just before preseason gets here - like 2 weeks before preseason.

- - - Updated - - -

we are going to re-sign him. they are working on it now. it will be done just before preseason gets here - like 2 weeks before preseason.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

We better trade him.

Don't get me wrong- I'd love to keep him, but there is no way this team will pay. Byrd walks after this season. We already lost Levitre for nothing. This season is a disaster waiting to happen, so I'd rather get some return for Byrd than keep him for a wasted season just to watch him leave with no compensation.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

If we sign him, we're wasting $$.

If we don't sign him, we fail to sign our best players and suck as an organization. Win/Win for the resident Zoloft Society members. This act is played.

He has the toughest agent in the biz, Eugene Parker, who wants his players paid and holds them out.

Let the process play out and we'll see what happens. Let's check back in 2-3 months...when it actually matters.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              We better trade him.

Don't get me wrong- I'd love to keep him, but there is no way this team will pay. Byrd walks after this season. We already lost Levitre for nothing. This season is a disaster waiting to happen, so I'd rather get some return for Byrd than keep him for a wasted season just to watch him leave with no compensation.
              but you argue that we have to keep our own. this is one that we need to keep. especially with the attacking defense they want to put into play. this could be the system to make byrd really good.

if they do trade him this season, they really are saying, "we don't care about 2013. we are just going to see what we have and see where we go. we want a total rebuild with only pieces we've collected." and i put that quote in as marrone saying it.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

So the fact we drafted a guy in the 5th round means Byrd is gone?

What?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  but you argue that we have to keep our own. this is one that we need to keep. especially with the attacking defense they want to put into play. this could be the system to make byrd really good.

if they do trade him this season, they really are saying, "we don't care about 2013. we are just going to see what we have and see where we go. we want a total rebuild with only pieces we've collected." and i put that quote in as marrone saying it.
                  Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I would like to see the Bills keep him and lock him up long-term. I just don't believe they actually will. For whatever reason, this team doesn't want to play ball with him. Maybe it's the cap, maybe they don't think his play warrants the contract, maybe it's just Ralph being cheap again. I really don't know. I just know that, if this re a priority for the organization, it would be done already. They just don't seem to have the interest that they should.

So the next best thing is to trade him and get something for him. I really don't see any point for keeping him for 2013. If he does flourish in this D, it will only drive his price up and make it even less likely that we retain him after the season.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i just don't see it. this isn't the nhl. no one is sending us a player equal to byrd for byrd. so a low pick is barely anything worth getting excited about.

the negotiation is in byrd's favor now. but if the bills get to the start of the season, and he's not playing, the bills make him sit a year. that will hurt his longer term value.

i think there is time for it to work out. i would suspect this goes to hold out. and i suspect the bills wil get him to play at the franchise tag. You can't miss all of camp with new schemes and then expect to play great and/or even see the field. byrd is taking quite a bit of risk. in the long term because if the bills are offering a fair contract and he's haggling for pennies, the bills will screw him in the long run which may hurt his contract value in the longer term.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

How can he hold out if he's been tagged? The Bills put the tag on him to keep him and for some leverage. There is a lot of risk involved with his playing a season he would much rather be under a longer term contract with more guaranteed money than just playing this season under the tag and then playing the market. That doesn't mean he won't go the second route I'm just talking about closing the gap of risk reward between the two sides. Now, negotiating with the Bills just looks a lot more attractive to the other side. If Byrd plays under the tag and gets a big injury he stands to lose many millions of dollars ... that is a significant factor.

Comment

• mightysimi
                        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                        How can he hold out if he's been tagged? The Bills put the tag on him to keep him and for some leverage. There is a lot of risk involved with his playing a season he would much rather be under a longer term contract with more guaranteed money than just playing this season under the tag and then playing the market. That doesn't mean he won't go the second route I'm just talking about closing the gap of risk reward between the two sides. Now, negotiating with the Bills just looks a lot more attractive to the other side. If Byrd plays under the tag and gets a big injury he stands to lose many millions of dollars ... that is a significant factor.
                        He can hold out if he doesn't sign the franchise tender. He only has to report before week 10 to get credit for the season and be a FA next year.

Comment

• jwenger
                          snoopy the dog
                          • Mar 2013

No No No HELL NO----- Don't "trade" Byrd. Everytime this team
                          "trades" someone we always end up getting screwed we never
                          get fair value. He is a top young DB and just getting to his prime.
                          You resign him Period. Have guys like Mario etc. restructure to get
                          the money if you have to. I can't understand how some teams can
                          manage money and are always able to sign their guys.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

He will be signed by end of preseason.

PS Is it your goal to make 1-10 different threads per day?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              So the fact we drafted a guy in the 5th round means Byrd is gone?

What?
                              wtf???

Comment

Working...
                              X