PDA

View Full Version : artists rendering of 49ers new stadium

DetDannyWilliams
05-22-2013, 07:52 AM
just imagine a stadium like this down on Buffalo's waterfront, which will never happen! were stuck with the decrepit old RWS :sadwalk: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-21/nfl-49ers-new-santa-clara-stadium/

OpIv37
05-22-2013, 08:04 AM
They didn't show pictures of the bathroom with the the waist-high holes in the stall dividers.

better days
05-22-2013, 08:07 AM
I prefer the design for the new Vikings Stadium myself. And WHY would ANYONE want to be on the waterfront in Buffalo in the Winter in an open air Stadium?

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2013, 08:19 AM
I prefer the design for the new Vikings Stadium myself. And WHY would ANYONE want to be on the waterfront in Buffalo in the Winter in an open air Stadium?

We used to pride ourselves in playing in that type of weather.

better days
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Not right on the Waterfront.

EricStratton
05-22-2013, 08:44 AM
The weather for SuperBowl 50 in that building will be a factor.

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Not right on the Waterfront.

We used to be happy and willing to play in cold/windy/snowy weather.

better days
05-22-2013, 09:03 AM
We used to be happy and willing to play in cold/windy/snowy weather.

I think many people still would be happy to do that...........................at the Ralph, not on the Waterfront.

Typ0
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM

I think that stadium looks fugly myself ... however, they also have the twins playing there. That is 92 events in that venue minimum guaranteed every year. Plus concerts and other things that place will be booked up and a great investment. I'm pretty sure RWS just sits there taking up space 350 days a year and without another professional team here that would not change much with a new stadium :(

Typ0
05-22-2013, 09:18 AM
I think many people still would be happy to do that...........................at the Ralph, not on the Waterfront.

Not sure Joe rally understands what s/he is saying here. RWS is in a pretty heavy snow belt down there but it's nothing like down where those lakes meet in terms of wind and cold ... NO comparison whatsoever.

EricStratton
05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I think that stadium looks fugly myself ... however, they also have the twins playing there. That is 92 events in that venue minimum guaranteed every year. Plus concerts and other things that place will be booked up and a great investment. I'm pretty sure RWS just sits there taking up space 350 days a year and without another professional team here that would not change much with a new stadium :(

The Twins just opened a new building a year ago, is it the same place?

Typ0
05-22-2013, 09:28 AM
The Twins just opened a new building a year ago, is it the same place?

I don't know. I looked through the pictures and there was one with it set up for baseball with the twins logo so I just figured that was the deal out there. Don't know much about it really...

DraftBoy
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't know. I looked through the pictures and there was one with it set up for baseball with the twins logo so I just figured that was the deal out there. Don't know much about it really...

I believe its two different venues.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000169306/article/minnesota-vikings-unveil-images-of-new-downtown-stadium

Typ0
05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
OK. My mistake. Figures how assumptions go LOL. It is being build with baseball in mind though because it's in the design. And I read comments below about a lot of things they will be using that stadium for.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
OK. My mistake. Figures how assumptions go LOL. It is being build with baseball in mind though because it's in the design. And I read comments below about a lot of things they will be using that stadium for.

The Twins moved to the brand new Target Field in 2010, they won't be joining the Vikings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Field

If the state of Minnesota was smart, they would have combined U of Minnesota and the Vikings into one project, but the ship sailed on that one.

HAMMER
05-22-2013, 10:48 AM
They didn't show pictures of the bathroom with the the waist-high holes in the stall dividers.

Very poor attempt at humor.

better days
05-22-2013, 10:50 AM

WRONG again. It is FOOTBALL ONLY. And has been said the Twins already have a new Stadium. The new Vikings stadium will have a glass roof which is self cleaning so you don't feel closed in, it looks awsome IMO. I saw pics of it on profootballtalk.com.

gebobs
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Or the recycling bins for Raiders fans to drop off their empty clips.

gebobs
05-22-2013, 10:57 AM

Right here man! I would!

But Santa Clara? If you think OP is far away, hell Santa Clara is like going to Rochester!

Typ0
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
WRONG again. It is FOOTBALL ONLY. And has been said the Twins already have a new Stadium. The new Vikings stadium will have a glass roof which is self cleaning so you don't feel closed in, it looks awsome IMO. I saw pics of it on profootballtalk.com.

If, as you say, it's already been stated why do you feel the need to restate it? Just curious about that....

Here are some images included with the design plans:

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/tempstadiumscreens-021051313--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/tempbaseball--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

alnilla
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
just imagine a stadium like this down on Buffalo's waterfront, which will never happen! were stuck with the decrepit old RWS :sadwalk: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-21/nfl-49ers-new-santa-clara-stadium/

You would be the first to ***** about the high ticket price then if they did do it.

EricStratton
05-22-2013, 11:21 AM
I know the Vikings will gets dates out of the University on Minnesota, what college will use the Niners building.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
If, as you say, it's already been stated why do you feel the need to restate it? Just curious about that....

Here are some images included with the design plans:

Oh that's the University of Minnesota. Kinda ambitious for them to think they could sell out an NFL stadium for college baseball.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2013, 11:27 AM
I know the Vikings will gets dates out of the University on Minnesota, what college will use the Niners building.

Stanford is the only one close enough and large enough to justify it. Probably would only make sense as a neutral site game for the Cal-Stanford rivalry

gebobs
05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Stanford and Cal. Stanford is close (15 miles). Cal-Berkeley is about as far as SF (45 miles).

DraftBoy
05-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Stanford and Cal. Stanford is close (15 miles). Cal-Berkeley is about as far as SF (45 miles).

You don't just need local teams, you could play national games there to. They do it every year in Atlanta with the Chick-fil-a kickoff game. Last year Bama and Michigan met in Dallas at Jerryworld on opening weekend.

Imagine ND v. USC in that new stadium. Also new BCS National Championship game and semi-final site for college football playoff.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
You don't just need local teams, you could play national games there to. They do it every year in Atlanta with the Chick-fil-a kickoff game. Last year Bama and Michigan met in Dallas at Jerryworld on opening weekend.

Imagine ND v. USC in that new stadium. Also new BCS National Championship game and semi-final site for college football playoff.

I don't see the benefit of ND-USC playing in the bay area though. Dallas and Atlanta are both talent-rich markets, which is why teams like Michigan and Oregon are willing to play so far from home instead of fighting for the traditional home and home agreement.

For SC and Notre Dame, not only is Levi's Stadium smaller than both of their fields individually, but also they both play in northern california all the time. In fact, Notre Dame would likely prefer to play in Southern California for that very reason.

DraftBoy
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't see the benefit of ND-USC playing in the bay area though. Dallas and Atlanta are both talent-rich markets, which is why teams like Michigan and Oregon are willing to play so far from home instead of fighting for the traditional home and home agreement.

For SC and Notre Dame, not only is Levi's Stadium smaller than both of their fields individually, but also they both play in northern california all the time. In fact, Notre Dame would likely prefer to play in Southern California for that very reason.

Was more of a random example of two national teams than a viable option. And I think any national team that doesn't often get out west (like an SEC team) would jump at an opportunity to play a national tv game in front of recruits they don't get to see as much. Even if it is in Northern Cali.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Was more of a random example of two national teams than a viable option. And I think any national team that doesn't often get out west (like an SEC team) would jump at an opportunity to play a national tv game in front of recruits they don't get to see as much. Even if it is in Northern Cali.

Serious question: When was the last time an SEC team went to the west coast? I honestly can't even remember. The top teams there barely even go north, let alone west.

swiper
05-22-2013, 01:51 PM

But you don't taunt it.

gebobs
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Serious question: When was the last time an SEC team went to the west coast? I honestly can't even remember. The top teams there barely even go north, let alone west.

What for? The best teams are all here in conference. ;-)

UGA usually has no more than one non-conference road game a year and rarely travel past the Mississippi. Usually, it's against GaTech.

@ Colorado in '10
@ OK St. in '09
@ AZ St. in '08

Now get in your Way Back Machine...

@ Oregon St. in '71

gebobs
05-22-2013, 02:47 PM
But you don't taunt it.
They didn't call him "Snow J" for nothing.

Wait. That's not right.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2013, 03:17 PM
What for? The best teams are all here in conference. ;-)

It's not about the teams, silly, it's about the recruits. SEC teams generally don't seem to care about recruiting outside the south. I can't say I fault them for that, considering the results.

UGA usually has no more than one non-conference road game a year and rarely travel past the Mississippi. Usually, it's against GaTech.

@ Colorado in '10
@ OK St. in '09
@ AZ St. in '08

Now get in your Way Back Machine...

@ Oregon St. in '71

Wowza, four+ decades without seeing the Pacific ocean. After posting that, I saw that Alabama played @ Hawaii in 2003, so ten full years for them.