PDA

View Full Version : Jets Circus is just beginning. Love it.

mixxum
05-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Geno is going to be found in the corner in the fetal position with soiled pants by the time September rolls around. Geno 3-10 with a pick. Sanchez with 3 picks.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/22/jets-mark-sanchez-struggles-in-practice/?sct=hp_t2_a10&eref=sihp

(http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/22/jets-mark-sanchez-struggles-in-practice/?sct=hp_t2_a10&eref=sihp)

BillsFever21
05-22-2013, 08:07 PM
It's still too early to tell what will happen with them. We all know Sanchez sucks but it remains to be seen with Geno Smith. Almost the entire board wanted Geno Smith a month before the draft but all of a sudden we pass on him and he was drafted by the Jets and he automatically turns into the worst draft pick of the year? At least people can be objective about it.

X-Era
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
It's still too early to tell what will happen with them. We all know Sanchez sucks but it remains to be seen with Geno Smith. Almost the entire board wanted Geno Smith a month before the draft but all of a sudden we pass on him and he was drafted by the Jets and he automatically turns into the worst draft pick of the year? At least people can be objective about it.
Where did someone call him the worst draft pick of the year?

He's gone to a team that's volatile and quick to chastise. I feel bad for him.

better days
05-22-2013, 09:18 PM

GET real. There were a FEW people that wanted Geno but NOT the majority of this board. For every person that wanted Geno, there was at least one that didn't.

BillsFever21
05-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Where did someone call him the worst draft pick of the year?

He's gone to a team that's volatile and quick to chastise. I feel bad for him.

It's how people are acting towards it. Many people who were on the kick of drafting a QB at #8 no matter what wanted or would've been fine with Geno Smith. Now many of them same people are laughing about how bad him and the Jets are going to be.

There was even one person who said that Nassib and Wilson would probably be first round picks and wanted to make a bet with me too lol. I think you know who it is.

BillsFever21
05-22-2013, 09:27 PM
GET real. There were a FEW people that wanted Geno but NOT the majority of this board. For every person that wanted Geno, there was at least one that didn't.

There were more then a few people who wanted Geno Smith who was on the bandwagon of drafting a QB at #8 no matter what happened. Now that he went to the Jets he automatically sucks.

And I guess if for every person who wanted Geno there was one who didn't would mean that the majority of people who wanted a QB wanted to draft Geno Smith or would've been fine with him.

I hope he ends up sucking. I hate the Jets and always will. It's comical how people change their tune when it's a divisional opponent.

better days
05-22-2013, 09:29 PM
It's how people are acting towards it. Many people who were on the kick of drafting a QB at #8 no matter what wanted or would've been fine with Geno Smith. Now many of them same people are laughing about how bad him and the Jets are going to be.

There was even one person who said that Nassib and Wilson would probably be first round picks and wanted to make a bet with me too lol. I think you know who it is.

Well, I hope you don't think that person was me. Like I told you before, go through my posts if that is what you think. You will NOT find a post by me wanting to bet on ANY QB drafted.

But I think MOST people would have rather had either Nassib or Wilson than Geno.

BillsFever21
05-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Well, I hope you don't think that person was me. Like I told you before, go through my posts if that is what you think. You will NOT find a post by me wanting to bet on ANY QB drafted.

But I think MOST people would have rather had either Nassib or Wilson than Geno.

I remembered who it was. It was the one I was replying it too.

Jeff1220
05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
I think the Jets drafting him seriously decreased his chances of being a good pick/player.

DynaPaul
05-22-2013, 10:10 PM
To be fair to Sanchez that headband he was wearing cut off circulation to his brain and contributed to those errant throws.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-23-2013, 04:32 AM
lol chill out, its mini camp in may....lol their d is still badass

jamze132
05-23-2013, 05:09 AM
I like Geno Smith until I found out how small his head is

X-Era
05-23-2013, 05:53 AM

If I made that bet I will pay up.

I was shocked at how this unfolded. If you looked at the patterns over the past few years there was no way to see this coming. I honestly thought it would be much like the Locker/Ponder/Kaep draft as far as over-drafting went. And it definitely was not like that at all. In fact, Barkley and maybe even Nassib may have been under-drafted. Many felt they were naturally ranked as 2nd rounders.

The Bills may have still over drafted a QB but it wasn't every team and every top QB. It was very surprising.

trapezeus
05-23-2013, 08:04 AM

i was pretty anti geno during the hype being built up around him. remove that one 8 TD game and what do you have? a guy who was average to below average in big games. who looked lost and isn't that athletic that he'll change the game by playing his brand of football.

and his tantrum since with the agents and the draft, he is not made for NY media. i honestly expect to see him on tears in the huddle at some point. and then for Jet fans the debate of "was the butt fumble worse or the crying in the huddle"

and frankly that will be a great debate question.

kishoph
05-23-2013, 08:04 AM
From the start of draft talk I always though of Smith as my 3rd option at QB, by the time the draft rolled around, he was my 4th or 5th option, although if there were no other QB's available I would of still took a shot at drafting Smith, but not with our 1st pick. I think Smith has tools to be a good QB, but the biggest problem right now is he has no supporting cast with the Jets. The best option he has is Holmes, who is 30 years old, coming off an injury and has had his work ethic questioned. It won't be easy for Smith or any other QB for the Jets.

better days
05-23-2013, 08:08 AM
I remembered who it was. It was the one I was replying it too.

Well, he may owe you zone bucs, but you owe me an apology.

JoeMama
05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
I experience severe schadenfreude when bad things happen to the Jets, Fins, and Pats.

The Jets circus in particular is like a gift that keeps on giving.

It's wonderful.

pmoon6
05-23-2013, 08:32 AM
lol chill out, its mini camp in may....lol their d is still badassReally? They cut Laron Landry, Yeramiah Bell and Bart Scott, all starters. They replaced Landry with his brother who played in Jacksonville. They also traded Darrelle Revis.

You're right about it being May, but it looks like they're going with youth in a mini rebuild. Not that they had a choice, they signed vets to big contracts in FA the last couple years in hopes of getting past the AFC Championship game, but couldn't afford those players long term.

They may still be good, but it's going to be a different D than you saw the last few years. Saying they're "badass" is premature.

ublinkwescore
05-23-2013, 08:36 AM
I wanted Geno at one time, but just before the draft, it was Manuel that I gave my final blessing to. I also either wanted us to take tavon Austin at 8, then trade back up to the first, or trade down and take Manuel. I'm happy with the way it worked out though. Woods, and rogers are very nice weapons.

mayotm
05-23-2013, 08:41 AM
lol chill out, its mini camp in may....lol their d is still badassSays the guys who starts threads about who will start, who will make the team, etc on a daily basis.

GreedoII
05-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Who gives a rats arse about the Jets anyway...

justasportsfan
05-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Pettine knows Sanchez and Marrone knows how to defend Geno. These guys don't have any weapons either. I'm calling an automatic 2 wins for the bills this season.

Mr. Miyagi
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
It's still too early to tell what will happen with them. We all know Sanchez sucks but it remains to be seen with Geno Smith. Almost the entire board wanted Geno Smith a month before the draft but all of a sudden we pass on him and he was drafted by the Jets and he automatically turns into the worst draft pick of the year? At least people can be objective about it.No I never wanted him at all. Never.

EDS
05-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Pettine knows Sanchez and Marrone knows how to defend Geno. These guys don't have any weapons either. I'm calling an automatic 2 wins for the bills this season.

It will look pretty bad if the Bills can't beat the Jets for sure.

Bill Cody
05-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Before the draft I was in favor of drafting Geno. He could still be pretty good. But since the draft everything I've read makes me like Manuel more and Geno less.

trapezeus
05-23-2013, 01:27 PM

i think this is a fair assessment. and if the bills can not win these games, then we know the process is going to take longer than many of us would like

OLDSRIP
05-23-2013, 01:38 PM
i was pretty anti geno during the hype being built up around him. remove that one 8 TD game and what do you have? a guy who was average to below average in big games. who looked lost and isn't that athletic that he'll change the game by playing his brand of football.

and his tantrum since with the agents and the draft, he is not made for NY media. i honestly expect to see him on tears in the huddle at some point. and then for Jet fans the debate of "was the butt fumble worse or the crying in the huddle"

and frankly that will be a great debate question.

Now thats funny. I hope for Genos sake you are wrong. Imagine crying in the huddle. Ad just the image of the " butt fumble" should be in the Hall of Fame.

Mike13
05-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Geno Smith is not in a good situation. Their HC is a lame duck and he has no weapons and no defense.
Good thing the Jets took a chance on a ****ty QB in a ****ty QB class, as opposed to getting a good QB in a good QB class.

justasportsfan
05-23-2013, 02:37 PM
i think this is a fair assessment. and if the bills can not win these games, then we know the process is going to take longer than many of us would like

I'm not expecting the bills to go anywhere this year but I have moved the 3 yr. window to 2 with Marrone.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-23-2013, 03:36 PM
I wanted Geno before the draft and I still did even after this meaningless fracas about his agents. I wish he had gone outside the division so I could pull for him. But he didn't, so Booo geno

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted Geno before the draft and I still did even after this meaningless fracas about his agents. I wish he had gone outside the division so I could pull for him. But he didn't, so Booo geno

Homegrown
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Jest Circus 6-2 vs Bills since Rexy took over ... just saying

better days
05-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Jest Circus 6-2 vs Bills since Rexy took over ... just saying

Jets..............WINLESS against the Bills since Pettine left them...just saying.

CoolBreeze
05-23-2013, 11:01 PM

Let's be fair here guy, how were we suppose to know he was going to throw a temper tantrum like a five year old during the draft? He really showed terrible attitude those few days, and even after the draft. That plus going to the most scrutinized team in the NFL where camera's are rolling 24/7, I like many don't think he's mature enough to handle it. He's got the extreme boom-bust factor going on, and I just think he's going to crack under the pressure

BleedinGreenNC
05-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Jets..............WINLESS against the Bills since Pettine left them...just saying.

You actually think Pettine ran the Jets defense?

better days
05-24-2013, 09:47 AM
You actually think Pettine ran the Jets defense?

That was a JOKE. Do you not get the Bills & Jets have not played any games since Pettine joined the Bills?

And do you actually think Pettine did not learn anything from Rex in his time with the Jets?

I think it was very interesting when Rex said he would wish Pettine well unless he joined the Bills.

feldspar
05-24-2013, 02:41 PM
No I never wanted him at all. Never.

I didn't want Geno Smith ever, either. In fact, I said several times before the draft that I hope the Jets pick him.