PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Roy returns to Avs, NHL—as coach

DetDannyWilliams
05-23-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671814&navid=DL|NHL|home

OpIv37
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
well that's two coaches the Sabres missed out on to stick with Rolston.

To be fair, though, we didn't really have a chance at getting Roy with the Avs job open.

Homegrown
05-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Patrick Roy is going to find out how hard it is to coach in the NHL without a Patrick Roy in net....

Crisis
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1lTkNE1z8ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My favorite Roy moment.

Skooby
05-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Roy is kinda of putz.

sukie
05-24-2013, 10:52 AM
well that's two coaches the Sabres missed out on to stick with Rolston.

To be fair, though, we didn't really have a chance at getting Roy with the Avs job open.

Rolston had to be the choice. Who would coach with a GM that is sitting with the seat warmers on?

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Rolston had to be the choice. Who would coach with a GM that is sitting with the seat warmers on?

This should probably be its own thread, but what is it going to take to get Darcy fired? He has the same horrendous record as Ruff, he let Briere and Drury walk, two of the 3 guys he tried to build around had to be traded (Roy and Pominville), two of his big acquisitions- Leopold and Regher- already had to be moved again, Rivet was a disaster, Leino is a disaster.... And that's just the last 5 years or so.

It's amazing that this guy is still employed.

The Jokeman
05-30-2013, 06:55 PM
This should probably be its own thread, but what is it going to take to get Darcy fired? He has the same horrendous record as Ruff, he let Briere and Drury walk, two of the 3 guys he tried to build around had to be traded (Roy and Pominville), two of his big acquisitions- Leopold and Regher- already had to be moved again, Rivet was a disaster, Leino is a disaster.... And that's just the last 5 years or so.

It's amazing that this guy is still employed.

and yet that same GM can acquire guys like Hodgson for Kassian. Or Briere for Chris Gratton. Or getting a 1st Rounder for Gaustad. I also have a feeling that that we're going to end up winning the Pominville trade too when things all said it done. Some of the moves you brought up he had no control over because of the salary cap. I also expressed my disappointed in Leino as wanted Fleischmann much more at the time. While I'd like a new GM I can't say he's been an utter failure as a GM.