PDA

View Full Version : top 5 RB's under 25.

mightysimi
05-24-2013, 12:46 PM
CJ comes in at number 2. If he starts next season, he will be number 1.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap2000000206075/Top-5-running-backs-under-25

Ed
05-24-2013, 02:04 PM
IF he starts? Is there seriously a possibility that he won't?

IlluminatusUIUC
05-24-2013, 02:22 PM
CJ comes in at number 2. If he starts next season, he will be number 1.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap2000000206075/Top-5-running-backs-under-25

Next season he won't be 25 either

/nitpick

Thief
05-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Who was one?

IlluminatusUIUC
05-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Who was one?

Lesean McCoy

SquishDaFish
05-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Mccoy
CJ
McFadden
Murray
Martin

kishoph
05-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Who was one?

LeSean McCoy. What a joke, Spiller gets no respect, he had 400 more yards than McCoy on 7 more carries, plus 6 rushing TD's to McCoy's 2 rushing TD's. Spiller may also be one of, if not the best back receiving, having 43 catches and averaging over 10 yards per reception. Imagine what his number's could of been last year if his head coach had any sense.

mightysimi
05-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Next season he won't be 25 either

/nitpick

Well if they make a top 6 under 26, he's in for sure.

gr8slayer
05-25-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm a huge DeMarco Murray fan, but he should not be in the top-five (under 25) list. He definitely has the upside and "potential", but if he can't stay healthy, it's all for not. Same for Darren McFadden, who I think will be the league MVP, as soon as he can get in 16 healthy games. Personally, my list would be:
- C.J. Spiller
- LeSean McCoy
- Alfred Morris
- Doug Martin
- Stevan Ridley

gr8slayer
05-25-2013, 09:20 AM
LeSean McCoy. What a joke, Spiller gets no respect, he had 400 more yards than McCoy on 7 more carries, plus 6 rushing TD's to McCoy's 2 rushing TD's. Spiller may also be one of, if not the best back receiving, having 43 catches and averaging over 10 yards per reception. Imagine what his number's could of been last year if his head coach had any sense.

It has nothing to do with respect, they are probably taking into account his total body of work vs. Spiller's.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-25-2013, 09:23 AM

Well just wait until January or February of 2014 and you'll feel absolutely sad because CJ Spiller will be completely worn out. I mean CJ Spiller is like a corvette or a Jaguar. You want to have it but you don't want to put too many miles on it because it reduces the value of car.*

* Extreme sarcasm intended.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-25-2013, 02:50 PM
It has nothing to do with respect, they are probably taking into account his total body of work vs. Spiller's.

Right, in 2011 McCoy was one of, if not, the best back in football. 1600 yards from scrimmage and a league-leading 20 TDs.

kishoph
05-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Well just wait until January or February of 2014 and you'll feel absolutely sad because CJ Spiller will be completely worn out. I mean CJ Spiller is like a corvette or a Jaguar. You want to have it but you don't want to put too many miles on it because it reduces the value of car.*

* Extreme sarcasm intended.

I'm not sure why people assume that Spiller can't carry a bigger work load, he's just as big as McCoy and really never takes any big hits.

Right, in 2011 McCoy was one of, if not, the best back in football. 1600 yards from scrimmage and a league-leading 20 TDs.

Spiller had 1,700 yards from scrimmage last season, with 8 TD's, which could of been much more, but he saw limited action in the red zone. Spiller doesn't have the biggest body of work, but that's no fault of his. In his 3 years Spiller has averaged 5 yards per carry and 8 yards per reception, with the highest numbers last season when he had the most touches of his career. Yet he is hardly ever mentioned when the talking heads talk about RB's.

Bert102176
05-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Only cause Spiller didn't see the field as much as he should have

swiper
05-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Out of all those backs I think I like Spiller the best. McFadden's got the talent, but the injuries are tough to take.

Would love to see CJ Spiller right up there with Adrian Peterson this year in yardage.

gr8slayer
05-28-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure why people assume that Spiller can't carry a bigger work load, he's just as big as McCoy and really never takes any big hits.

Spiller had 1,700 yards from scrimmage last season, with 8 TD's, which could of been much more, but he saw limited action in the red zone. Spiller doesn't have the biggest body of work, but that's no fault of his. In his 3 years Spiller has averaged 5 yards per carry and 8 yards per reception, with the highest numbers last season when he had the most touches of his career. Yet he is hardly ever mentioned when the talking heads talk about RB's.
Why do people care so much? What do the Bills have to gain from getting credit from the media? This whole Spiller vs. McCoy argument honestly makes no sense. You're comparing a guy who's a full-time starter, all-pro, Pro Bowler, to a guy who for the majority of the year was in a community backfield. If I had to pick one right now, I'd take Spiller in a heartbeat, but I completely understand the justification for people putting McCoy ahead of Spiller.

CleveSteve
05-28-2013, 10:56 AM
But Darren McFadden is 25.

gebobs
05-28-2013, 11:32 AM
But Darren McFadden is 25.

Yep, so is Spiller. In fact, CJ is a few weeks older than DMC.

I think the title was chosen to be poetical. The subtitle reads: "Jamie Dukes counts down his top 5 NFL running backs who are 25 years of age or under."

kishoph
05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Why do people care so much? What do the Bills have to gain from getting credit from the media? This whole Spiller vs. McCoy argument honestly makes no sense. You're comparing a guy who's a full-time starter, all-pro, Pro Bowler, to a guy who for the majority of the year was in a community backfield. If I had to pick one right now, I'd take Spiller in a heartbeat, but I completely understand the justification for people putting McCoy ahead of Spiller.

It matters to me as a Bills fan and especially a Buffalonian that the Bills organization and their players are always looked at as 2nd rate.

gebobs
05-28-2013, 02:03 PM
It matters to me as a Bills fan and especially a Buffalonian that the Bills organization and their players are always looked at as 2nd rate.
2nd rate would be an improvement.

gr8slayer
05-29-2013, 09:06 AM
That's just the reality of being a small market team that hasn't won anything of significance in decades. I guarantee you, if the Bills start the season 5-1, EVERYBODY will be talking about the Bills, just like they were in 2008 when it looked like a season full of promise. There's a lot of upside to being the team that's not on anybody's radar too. Frankly, the Bills fan in me loves the fact that nobody has any respect for the team, I'd like to think that it motivates the players.

"Winning takes care of everything."