• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Marv Levy: Manager of egos

#17 all-time.

ESPN counts down the 20 greatest coaches in NFL history. Which legends make the list?
  • Gibby
    • Jun 2006

Re: Marv Levy: Manager of egos

Nice article, but wasn't the K-Gun more Ted Marchibroda and Kelly's baby than it was Levy's? I read Kelly's autobiography "Armed and Dangerous" and it seems Levy had to be convinced to make the two minute offense the primary offense.

Comment

• Jaydog57
      Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
      • Oct 2002

Even though he was a coach for the Bills, he's still one of my all time favorite coaches. He's an English Literature major, and when he was coaching, he'd always sound off inspirational quotes to his players. My favorite after the Super Bowl loss to the Giants was from Sir Andrew Barton, 'I am hurt but I am not slain. I'll lay me down and bleed awhile, then I'll rise and fight again.'
      "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

He was a nice guy but we should have gotten at least 1 Super Bowl win with all of that talent.

Comment

• Gibby
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
          He was a nice guy but we should have gotten at least 1 Super Bowl win with all of that talent.
          You can't coach not fumbling the football and forever swinging momentum back to Dallas (XXVIII) and nor can you coach seven guys missing tackles on third and forever (XXV).

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Levy babysat everyday.

Comment

Working...
            X