WNBA is ballin, NFL could learn something, Why not put the draft in August.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixxum
    • Mar 2006

WNBA is ballin, NFL could learn something, Why not put the draft in August.

So I am just surfin the web, and I have the TV on in the next room. Then I hear that Brittany Griner has dunked twice in her first game. I think wait, what?? The WNBA draft was only like two or three weeks ago. Three weeks ago Brittany didn't even know what team she was playing for. I think that with the NFL draft that there is a longer wait before the NFL draft and the preseason. There is the OTA's and then the dog days of summer.

The question is, would you like to extend the competitive season? Would you make compromises like, shorter games to get more games, or a larger roster?
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: WNBA is ballin, NFL could learn something, Why not put the draft in August.

Yeah if there's one business model the NFL should look to it's the WNBA
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

I'm pretty sure the WNBA also starts so soon is because they don't want to compete with every other major sport. If they're starting now then their season probably runs through the summer which is the offseason for everything but baseball.

The NFL already moved the draft back to May for next year anyways, right?
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Most female Basketball players are not particularly attractive, at least football guys can hide their ugly.
        Last edited by Skooby; 05-28-2013, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
          The NFL bleeds more than once a month.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THRILLHO
            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
            • Feb 2009

Are you sober when posting any of your threads?
            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
              Are you sober when posting any of your threads?
              You can't get hungover if you don't stop drinking, keep that in mind.

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Volvo following the WNBA into the ashbin of history?? Say it ain't so!
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mixxum View Post
                  So I am just surfin the web, and I have the TV on in the next room. Then I hear that Brittany Griner has dunked twice in her first game. I think wait, what?? The WNBA draft was only like two or three weeks ago. Three weeks ago Brittany didn't even know what team she was playing for. I think that with the NFL draft that there is a longer wait before the NFL draft and the preseason. There is the OTA's and then the dog days of summer.

The question is, would you like to extend the competitive season? Would you make compromises like, shorter games to get more games, or a larger roster?
                  That didn't sound right, so I looked it up. The WNBA draft was on Tax day, 6 weeks ago. Considering basketball schemes don't need nearly as much time to install, a shorter training camp and less preseason makes sense for them. But not for football.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Jul 2007

Already getting closer to August with it now being May 8th. That's... that's just asinine.
                    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                      • Feb 2009

I'll quote the great Dwight Schrute, but put my own spin on it... "What's the question? NFL, WNBA... one's a sport, ones a joke. I love sports and I love jokes"

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

I'm pretty sure the WNBA also starts so soon is because they don't want to compete with every other major sport.
                        This. They SHOULD play when normal bball is played but dont want to compete.

Comment

Working...
                        X