PDA

View Full Version : WNBA is ballin, NFL could learn something, Why not put the draft in August.

mixxum
05-28-2013, 01:27 AM
So I am just surfin the web, and I have the TV on in the next room. Then I hear that Brittany Griner has dunked twice in her first game. I think wait, what?? The WNBA draft was only like two or three weeks ago. Three weeks ago Brittany didn't even know what team she was playing for. I think that with the NFL draft that there is a longer wait before the NFL draft and the preseason. There is the OTA's and then the dog days of summer.

The question is, would you like to extend the competitive season? Would you make compromises like, shorter games to get more games, or a larger roster?

Crisis
05-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Yeah if there's one business model the NFL should look to it's the WNBA (http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ten-brands-that-will-disappear-in-2014-181419498.html?.tsrc=yahoo&page=2)

Crisis
05-28-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty sure the WNBA also starts so soon is because they don't want to compete with every other major sport. If they're starting now then their season probably runs through the summer which is the offseason for everything but baseball.

The NFL already moved the draft back to May for next year anyways, right?

Skooby
05-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Most female Basketball players are not particularly attractive, at least football guys can hide their ugly.

Night Train
05-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Yeah if there's one business model the NFL should look to it's the WNBA (http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ten-brands-that-will-disappear-in-2014-181419498.html?.tsrc=yahoo&page=2)

The NFL bleeds more than once a month. :up:

THRILLHO
05-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Are you sober when posting any of your threads?

Skooby
05-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Are you sober when posting any of your threads?

You can't get hungover if you don't stop drinking, keep that in mind.

gebobs
05-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Volvo following the WNBA into the ashbin of history?? Say it ain't so!

IlluminatusUIUC
05-28-2013, 11:53 AM
So I am just surfin the web, and I have the TV on in the next room. Then I hear that Brittany Griner has dunked twice in her first game. I think wait, what?? The WNBA draft was only like two or three weeks ago. Three weeks ago Brittany didn't even know what team she was playing for. I think that with the NFL draft that there is a longer wait before the NFL draft and the preseason. There is the OTA's and then the dog days of summer.

The question is, would you like to extend the competitive season? Would you make compromises like, shorter games to get more games, or a larger roster?

That didn't sound right, so I looked it up. The WNBA draft was on Tax day, 6 weeks ago. Considering basketball schemes don't need nearly as much time to install, a shorter training camp and less preseason makes sense for them. But not for football.

ServoBillieves
05-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Already getting closer to August with it now being May 8th. That's... that's just asinine.

CoolBreeze
05-29-2013, 01:11 AM
I'll quote the great Dwight Schrute, but put my own spin on it... "What's the question? NFL, WNBA... one's a sport, ones a joke. I love sports and I love jokes"

Pinkerton Security
05-29-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure the WNBA also starts so soon is because they don't want to compete with every other major sport.

This. They SHOULD play when normal bball is played but dont want to compete.