X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Why the Bills Suck

Hate to go into this topic however it should serve our rosé colored glasses friends a very friendly reminder. When the below changes, so will the Bills fortunes:

3 Bills Myths
    1) Building through the Draft: this only works if you draft well and resign your 'top' players.

a) Levitre: became a top guard and the Bills let him walk in FA due to $$$ reasons. Then we let his backup go, and created one big hole.

b) Peters: became an elite LT and we traded him for a low 1st round pick all because of $$$!

c) Lynch: we had a PB RB in Lynch yet we drafted another top RB and got diddly squat for this pro bowler. This is a typical Bills moves. Spiller is an exceptional talent and if they were going to play this game, they should have traded Lynch a year before he left the team after comming off of a steller PB season and recieved top value for him. I saw the writing on the wall and even posted a thread about it: trade lynch- instead they waited and got nothing in return.

d) Kelsy & Co: signing (FA) and resigning bad players to big contracts instead of putting $$ into good players.

* Byrd: will Bills resign him or let him go? If they let him walk in FA, it will be yet another very good player we let walk.

****Now if the Bills -sucky Bills- cant afford to resign a Guard & Safty how can Denver, SF, NE, etc... All afford to have all star teams???

2) Hiring Within: For years Bills have hired GMs from within. It has not worked and chances are it won't work.

3) Were smarter than rest of the NFL: when a team as poor as the Bills think they are smarted in draft, FA, and hiring than the rest of the NFL your BS sensor should go on high alert. The results are picking a Maybin, Flowers, hiring DJ, Gaily, etc...

Hopefully EJ doesn't fall into this category.
    Please Make Sense
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Why the Bills Suck

the bills have sucked for 1 reason, and one small sub reason the past 13 years. no franchise qb, and poor pass rushers until last year. simple as that

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Hate to go into this topic however, it's that time of my month.
      Summer reruns already ? (yawn). This act is beyond played.

Time to go outside, get some fresh air & grill.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
        the bills have sucked for 1 reason, and one small sub reason the past 13 years. no franchise qb, and poor pass rushers until last year. simple as that
        The Bills have sucked for one reason and one reason only: Ralph Wilson. He won't spend on top coaches, and even if he wants to, he has created a situation where top coaches and players don't want to come here. He constantly hires from within, he meddles, he's cheap, and he has an inner circle of yes-men who are never held accountable.

Buffalo has managed to find maybe 2 franchise QB's in 53 years- Kemp and Kelly. The only consistent person in charge in that time span is Ralph. His cheapness and blind loyalty and bad decisions are what holds this team back. I like some of the things that the team has done this off-season, but I don't think anything will really be different as long as Ralph and/or his lackey Russ Brandon are in charge.

Like Mike said, the Byrd and Levitre situations are proof that nothing has really changed.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Myth no. 4
          Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          The Bills have sucked for one reason and one reason only: Ralph Wilson. He won't spend on top coaches,
          Bills have sucked because Ralph listened to the GM's who hired the wrong coaches.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            Myth no. 4
            Bills have sucked because Ralph listened to the GM's who hired the wrong coaches.
            And who hired the GM's? Ralph. He hires yes-men from his inner circle and rarely goes outside the organization.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

The fish rots from the head down, #1 issue in Buffalo? Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                And who hired the GM's? Ralph. He hires yes-men from his inner circle and rarely goes outside the organization.
                I wasn't talking about Ralph hiring the wrong GM's. I will fault him for that. And I agree it's mostly Ralph's fault except for you implying that Ralph won't spend on expensive coaches. We've gone through this already. He wanted Sherman , Levy wanted Jauron. He wanted to go for Shanahan, Cowher and Gruden . They all said no thanks. I agree none of them wanted to play for Ralph but that still doesn't mean Ralph wasn't willing to pay.

As for Donahoe, Ralph would have said yes to anything Donahoe wanted. Everything from Hiring Drew , Milloy, Spikes and co (who weren't cheap) . The problem there was Ralph had no way of knowing that Donahoe was damaged by the power struggle he had lost to Cowher in Pitts. That's the reason why they hired yes man's to Donahoe.
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-29-2013, 09:33 AM.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mike
                  • Jan 2009

In any organization the ultimate responsibilities fall on the ownership, board of directors/CEO, etc....

Personally, after Donehue I think Ralph has coasted by with the main focus being financial. He is 94 years old and chances are that he won't see a champion in buffalo in his lifetime regardless of what he does.
                  Please Make Sense

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Question: Who sucks more, the Bills or some of their fans?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
                      I should make this singnature but the first thing in the term in franchise QB, is franchise. Build a franchise and you can win a Super Bowl even with Trent Dilfer at QB.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

I would add Fergy to that list, OP,but you are basically spot-on.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          Question: Who sucks more, the Bills or some of their fans?
                          Bills fans have to get some sort of pass if they've put up with mediocrity for the past 15 years or more and still are die hard enough to contribute to fan forums. So, I would say that the Bills suck more.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Another D-Bag thread reminding us all of how we should be miserable, piss off.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Did anyone mention that Ralph is the reason this team sucks yet?
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X