PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly Sick?

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2013, 11:04 AM
From his wife's Facebook page...

http://i.imgur.com/P7u620x.png

She is asking for prayers for Jim's health and describes it as serious.

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 11:13 AM
He probably fell off the wagon.

Captain Obvious
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM

Wrong as usual..

http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x1037524456/Former-Bills-QB-Kelly-overcomes-health-problems#ixzz2Uh514LQJ

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2013, 11:17 AM
In March of this year, this article summarized his health status ==> http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x1037524456/Former-Bills-QB-Kelly-overcomes-health-problems

Meathead
05-29-2013, 11:17 AM
looked pretty fat on the news this week

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Wrong as usual..

http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x1037524456/Former-Bills-QB-Kelly-overcomes-health-problems#ixzz2Uh514LQJ

That article was in March.

His wife's post is more recent.

I think it is safe to assume that this is a new serious health situation that she says she can't reveal now.

Skooby
05-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Wrong as usual..

That's a few months ago, so it's probably something else.

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Wrong as usual..

That article was in March.

His wife's post is more recent.

I think it is safe to assume that this is a new serious health situation that she says she can't reveal now.

And as usual, I'm not wrong. Nice try though.

TedMock
05-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I don't have facebook, but you may want to verify the date she posted that. She posted pictures of Jim at the Tim McGraw concert in NY this past weekend (posted May 26-27).

trapezeus
05-29-2013, 11:56 AM
i swear to god, ralph wilson is going to outlive us all.

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2013, 12:01 PM

The same thought crossed my mind.

Of course, there is the possibility that he never was truly alive.

EricStratton
05-29-2013, 12:05 PM

Going right to the drunk jokes Op? You have a lot of hate in you.

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Going right to the drunk jokes Op? You have a lot of hate in you.

I don't hate Jim Kelly. He's my second favorite Bills player ever, and he was really cool when. I had some interactions with him at his football camp. I still wear his jersey. In fact, it's the only Bills jersey that I wear at the moment.

But it is what it is. There are alcoholics and addicts in my family- I've been to AA and Al-Anon meetings with them- and the stories of people kicking the habit for good the first time are few and far between. Most people in recovery are on and off. So, if you've got someone who has been fairly open with the public about his health suddenly being cryptic about it, falling off the wagon is a strong possibility.

That's the reality. Everyone always jumps to the conclusion that I'm being "negative" or "hateful" when the truth is that sometimes- often- reality just sucks. Don't accuse me because I'm willing to see things as they are.

mayotm
05-29-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't hate Jim Kelly. He's my second favorite Bills player ever, and he was really cool when. I had some interactions with him at his football camp. I still wear his jersey. In fact, it's the only Bills jersey that I wear at the moment.

But it is what it is. There are alcoholics and addicts in my family- I've been to AA and Al-Anon meetings with them- and the stories of people kicking the habit for good the first time are few and far between. Most people in recovery are on and off. So, if you've got someone who has been fairly open with the public about his health suddenly being cryptic about it, falling off the wagon is a strong possibility.

That's the reality. Everyone always jumps to the conclusion that I'm being "negative" or "hateful" when the truth is that sometimes- often- reality just sucks. Don't accuse me because I'm willing to see things as they are.I'll use some Op logic on you. You're family has some alcoholics. There are studies that argue alcoholism and addiction are heriditary. That means there is a strong possbilbilty that you're an alcoholic or an addict.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-29-2013, 12:55 PM
So if reality is so bad, why are you still alive? Surely suicide and nonexistence would be better than the dreck you constantly post.

justasportsfan
05-29-2013, 01:01 PM

So you are right? Where's your link?

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 01:06 PM
I'll use some Op logic on you. You're family has some alcoholics. There are studies that argue alcoholism and addiction are heriditary. That means there is a strong possbilbilty that you're an alcoholic or an addict.

It makes me more likely to be an alcoholic or an addict. "More likely" is far different from "strong possibility" though. Take a statistics class.

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
So if reality is so bad, why are you still alive? Surely suicide and nonexistence would be better than the dreck you constantly post.

Lmao. Some of you just can't handle life without sugar-coating everything, can you?

mayotm
05-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Lmao. Some of you just can't handle life without sugar-coating everything, can you?On the flip side, you can't handle life without s**t-coating everything.

mayotm
05-29-2013, 01:19 PM
It makes me more likely to be an alcoholic or an addict. "More likely" is far different from "strong possibility" though. Take a statistics class.I'll admit it's been about 20 years since I took statistics in college. That stated, statistics was much easier to understand than Op logic.

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 01:23 PM
On the flip side, you can't handle life without s**t-coating everything.
Once again, I don't ****-coat anything. Reality is what it is. Shoot the messenger syndrome. You people just get pissed when I ruin your delusion with, you know, reality. It's easier to take it out on me than to accept it.

mayotm
05-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Once again, I don't ****-coat anything. Reality is what it is. Shoot the messenger syndrome. You people just get pissed when I ruin your delusion with, you know, reality. It's easier to take it out on me than to accept it.What is the reality in this situation? You don't have proof that Kelly "fell off the wagon". You're purely speculating.

Joe Fo Sho
05-29-2013, 01:41 PM
What is the reality in this situation? You don't have proof that Kelly "fell off the wagon". You're purely speculating.

That wasn't a joke? I took it as a joke. Jim Kelly has a history of alcohol abuse, no? Just like the rest of us probably. God forbid anyone try to crack a joke about it.

mayotm
05-29-2013, 01:44 PM
That wasn't a joke? I took it as a joke. Jim Kelly has a history of alcohol abuse, no? Just like the rest of us probably. God forbid anyone try to crack a joke about it.I don't think he was joking. Read the entire thread. But thanks for the input.

Joe Fo Sho
05-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't think he was joking. Read the entire thread. But thanks for the input.

Well when everybody jumps on you for making a joke, you have to defend it.

OpIv37
05-29-2013, 02:07 PM
That wasn't a joke? I took it as a joke. Jim Kelly has a history of alcohol abuse, no? Just like the rest of us probably. God forbid anyone try to crack a joke about it.

This. It was a joke based on the reality of Kelly's history, and it's also not outside the realm of possibility that its what really happened.

Like I said, I like Kelly. But that's not going to stop me from acknowledging and, yes, joking about the reality that he has a problem. I guess some of you don't want to believe your sports heroes aren't perfect. I can't think of any other reason for the reactions tha happened here.

JoeMama
05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
The Kelly's seem like good people. If Jill Kelly says it's serious, I'm inclined to believer her.

The health scare from March sounds ugly. Like he could have potentially developed oral cancer or something.

If it is in fact a relapse with alcohol, that would be better news IMO. At least he can "start over" if need be.

Historian
05-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Given that laundry list of things he had done, my guess is that there was a complication somewhere.

Probably one of the discs.

sukie
05-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Given that laundry list of things he had done, my guess is that there was a complication somewhere.

Probably one of the discs.

I would guess there was a recurrance of whatever was groing in his maxillary sinus that was removed. I would venture that he had it removed. It was cancerous and "they got it all". but they didn't really.

justasportsfan
05-29-2013, 02:56 PM
This. It was a joke based on the reality of Kelly's history, and it's also not outside the realm of possibility that its what really happened.

Like I said, I like Kelly. But that's not going to stop me from acknowledging and, yes, joking about the reality that he has a problem. I guess some of you don't want to believe your sports heroes aren't perfect. I can't think of any other reason for the reactions tha happened here.

Hijack! Hijack! :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
05-29-2013, 03:15 PM
STOP TALKING **** ON JIM KELLY YOU DICKS!!!!

feldspar
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I'll use some Op logic on you. You're family has some alcoholics. There are studies that argue alcoholism and addiction are heriditary. That means there is a strong possbilbilty that you're an alcoholic or an addict.

Opie is a crack baby.

DBrown77
05-29-2013, 03:34 PM
I hate it when people post vague things like that on facebook. Whats the point if you cant share the news?

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2013, 04:03 PM
I would guess there was a recurrance of whatever was groing in his maxillary sinus that was removed. I would venture that he had it removed. It was cancerous and "they got it all". but they didn't really.

That would be my guess.

It was his wife who posted and asked for prayers.

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
I hate it when people post vague things like that on facebook. Whats the point if you cant share the news?

I am sure his wife was more emotional than logical when she posted it.

****! That woman has been through a lot.

Dr. Lecter
05-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Guys, Op is Irish.

He is somewhat of an expert on drinking, so give him a break.

That should be pretty clear from his posts anyway.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-29-2013, 04:27 PM
The same thought crossed my mind.

Of course, there is the possibility that he never was truly alive.

No, he was alive at one point, but it could be in the mid 2000s that they embalmed him like Lenin and then for PR purposes they wheel him around and his staffers don't allow reporters to have press conferences.

Typ0
05-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Alcoholism kills....

THATHURMANATOR
05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
What is this alcoholism ****?

How did this rumor start?

THATHURMANATOR
05-29-2013, 06:05 PM
There is this.....

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130529/UPDATES/130529026/Joe-Theismann-replacing-Jim-Kelly-Legends-events

"Jim Kelly is being replaced by Joe Theismann as the headliner of the Legends Sports Clinics in Sioux Falls next month.

Thiesmann played at Notre Dame but is known mostly for his 12-year NFL stint with the Washington Redskins, where he was a two-time Pro Bowl selection and helped the team win Super Bowl XVII.

Kelly pulled out of the event due to a personal/family matter, according to event coordinator Tyler Schulte"

Yasgur's Farm
05-29-2013, 06:44 PM

Like I said, I like Kelly. But that's not going to stop me from acknowledging and, yes, joking about the reality that he has a problem. I guess some of you don't want to believe your sports heroes aren't perfect. I can't think of any other reason for the reactions tha happened here.OP... I usually appreciate the edge you walk... But in this case, I gotta say your being inappropriate with your commentary. Ocassional discretion is not always a bad thing.

Don't Panic
05-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Seriously... how ****ing depressed do you have to be to post this ****? What a douche...

better days
05-29-2013, 09:33 PM

That's the reality. Everyone always jumps to the conclusion that I'm being "negative" or "hateful" when the truth is that sometimes- often- reality just sucks. Don't accuse me because I'm willing to see things as they are.

IF it is the case that Kelly "fell off the wagon" then you would be willing to see things as they are. You have no idea if that is the case or NOT. As it is, this is just more of your negative BS.

MikeInRoch
05-29-2013, 09:39 PM
You guys are making way too much of Op's comment. It's a joke, kids.

Joe Fo Sho
05-29-2013, 09:56 PM

Op gets a bad rap around here, he can't even joke with these guys anymore.

better days
05-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Op gets a bad rap around here, he can't even joke with these guys anymore.

Op has a well deserved rep as one of the most negative, pessimistic posters on this board. It may have been a joke. If so, it was in POOR taste.

MikeInRoch
05-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Most of the best ones are.

jamesiscool
05-30-2013, 02:00 AM
Jim has a camp in the town I live in, frequents my bar a few handfuls of times a year, a month ago a good friend of mine was at his camp, drinking beer with Jim, lee smith, Kevin kolb Eric wood and a few other current/ex bills.
Whatever thismisnit must be a new ailment because he's seemed right as rain lately, my thoughts and prayers are with his family in either case.

feldspar
05-30-2013, 02:25 AM

Yeah, cuz is hilarious to subtly put a guy down when people are speculating that he might be sick...a Hall of Fame player on a Buffalo Bills message board...a proud member of the Buffalo community and Bills organization.

Pretty funny stuff.

Night Train
05-30-2013, 04:33 AM
That list of surgeries he's had is pretty depressing.

By following the logic here, I should start a 1 way rant about how the OL sucked at pass protection in the 1980's-90's. Then blame Ralph.

swiper
05-30-2013, 06:19 AM
Well it is Wilson's team.

Captain Obvious
05-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Op has a well deserved rep as one of the most negative, pessimistic posters on this board.

And uninformed

jamze132
05-30-2013, 09:26 AM
What is the reality in this situation? You don't have proof that Kelly "fell off the wagon". You're purely speculating.

I'm pretty sure, probably 100% sure that it was a joke. Get over yourself.

Joe Fo Sho
05-30-2013, 09:35 AM
And uninformed

Really? Uninformed? You need a new user name, guy.

Bill Cody
05-30-2013, 10:16 AM

pure speculation

OpIv37
05-30-2013, 10:27 AM
pure speculation

Maybe so.... but it's still reasonable speculation and still not wrong until someone comes up with proof that it's something different.

trapezeus
05-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Op, i didn't think kelly had a publicized drinking issue. i just assumed he enjoyed his drink as much as the next guy. So i took your comment as an off-color joke.

seeing that jim kelly is our luke skywalker, i don't like any joking about his health.

and based on that link it seems like its probably a bit more serious than a drinking issue.
I hope he has a speedy recovery because his charasmatic nature is pretty much the only thing we have to hope for if his investor group is for real.

Bill Cody
05-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Maybe so.... but it's still reasonable speculation and still not wrong until someone comes up with proof that it's something different.

lame

OpIv37
05-30-2013, 11:53 AM
lame

lmao- so lame that the only response you could come up with is "lame"? If it was really lame, you should be able to do much better than that.

gebobs
05-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't have facebook, but you may want to verify the date she posted that. She posted pictures of Jim at the Tim McGraw concert in NY this past weekend (posted May 26-27).
It was posted on two days ago.

OpIv37
05-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Op, i didn't think kelly had a publicized drinking issue. i just assumed he enjoyed his drink as much as the next guy. So i took your comment as an off-color joke.

seeing that jim kelly is our luke skywalker, i don't like any joking about his health.

and based on that link it seems like its probably a bit more serious than a drinking issue.
I hope he has a speedy recovery because his charasmatic nature is pretty much the only thing we have to hope for if his investor group is for real.

Well, I recall reading that Kelly was quite the party animal during his early-mid playing days. At some point in the mid-90's, he had a "come to Jesus" moment, stopped drinking and partying, and re-committed to his wife. If I was misinformed or if I am remembering it wrong, feel free to correct me.

As far as joking about his health, I take the mindset that anything is fair game for jokes. Some will like them, some won't, but everyone has something that they consider "offensive" because it hits a little too close to home. If we start limiting jokes based on that subjective standard, we'll be out of material for jokes in about 3 seconds.

As far as Jim Kelly's buying group, is there any actual evidence of it other than cryptic quotes to the media from Kelly himself? We all know Kelly doesn't have the money to buy the team outright, so he'd need some heavy backing if this were to happen. But I have yet to hear another name involved, let alone a name or names with enough bankroll to make it happen.

trapezeus
05-30-2013, 12:31 PM
the same evidence that he has a investor group exists on him having a drinking problem. but i've heard more about the investor group than an actual problem. no doubt they were party guys and i think we heard the story that superbowl 1 was poorly played because most of the guys had been out partying way past alcohol.

HE did have his jesus moment around the time hunter was born. not sure if that was because of abuse or just because he had a sobering event in his life.

you can joke about whatever, but when the first post is about a hero being sick, the second post can't be "he's drinking again" without having stepped over the line a little. i agree, mock whatever, but things on the line and past the line get scrutinized by the authority of good taste.

like i said, i'm with you99% of the time on most things. this once just seemed poorly timed.

justasportsfan
05-30-2013, 12:57 PM
As far as joking about his health, I take the mindset that anything is fair game for jokes. Some will like them, some won't, but everyone has something that they consider "offensive" because it hits a little too close to home. If we start limiting jokes based on that subjective standard, we'll be out of material for jokes in about 3 seconds.

it was a joke until you started defending the joke and the joke became an argument..

OpIv37
05-30-2013, 01:00 PM
it was a joke until you started defending the joke and the joke became an argument..

yeah well you of all people should know how easy it is to goad me into an argument.

justasportsfan
05-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Me? How would I know?

bigbry
05-31-2013, 05:44 PM

I sure hope so.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 08:16 AM
I guess we know what the problem is now...

Novacane
06-03-2013, 08:29 AM
As usual stupid *******s on this site jump to conclusions before they know **** about things and show how stupid they really are!

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Who exactly jumped to a conclusion?

buftex
06-03-2013, 09:04 AM
When did "Bills Nation" become populated by so many dickheads? This thread is disgraceful, or a lot of it.

Best wishes Jim.

Don't Panic
06-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Who exactly jumped to a conclusion?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219069-Jim-Kelly-Sick?p=3800402&viewfull=1#post3800402

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
When did "Bills Nation" become populated by so many dickheads?

Looks like one more just jumped in.

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 09:13 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219069-Jim-Kelly-Sick?p=3800402&viewfull=1#post3800402

http://www.onlymyhealth.com/what-causes-jaw-bone-cancer-1323949379

Causes of Jaw Bone Cancer (http://www.onlymyhealth.com/bone-cancer-1295949175.html)

Dental Causes – Cavities, broken teeth, abscesses and infection can lead to development of jaw cancer. This is felt as pain in the lower jaw.
Tobacco and alcohol – If you are an addict of any of the two, it aggravates the risk much higher. The chemicals and acids present in these addictives eats into body cells and leads to the development of cancer. Several other medical conditions also result from such a substance abuse.
Age and unhealthy diet (http://www.onlymyhealth.com/diet-plans-1295957443.html) – With advancing age, the ability of your body to fight diseases, i.e. the immune system takes a beating. You are not able to ward off diseases such as cancer. This is aggravated by a lifestyle of not having adequate nutrients. This allows the cancerous cells to invade the body and cause jaw bone cancer (http://www.onlymyhealth.com/cancer-1295950250.html).
Other diseases – Some medical conditions can cause jaw bone cancer. Leukoplakia is one such condition whose symptom is formation of whitish patches inside the mouth or throat. Another one is Erythroplakia, which causes red and raised patches in the mouth.
HPV – Human Papilloma Virus (http://www.onlymyhealth.com/human-papilloma-virus-hpv-1295953379.html) (HPV) is known to cause jaw bone cancer. It is a sexually transmitted virus and is one of the main reasons behind jaw bone cancer.

Was he wrong to assume it was alcohol related?

Ginger Vitis
06-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Was he wrong to assume it was alcohol related?

Holy smokes that is one heck of a reach lol Umm no that is not what Op was referring too

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Holy smokes that is one heck of a reach lol Umm no that is not what Op was referring too

Almost as big of a reach as assuming Op wasn't joking.

TacklingDummy
06-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Egg meet Face.

SpikedLemonade
06-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I started this thread because Jill Kelly's FB post pretty much foreshadowed that another announcement was soon coming.

I hope the operation is completely successful.

Historian
06-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Guys used to get that from dippin...

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 10:15 AM

That's not jumping to a conclusion. That's cracking a joke.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 10:17 AM
When did "Bills Nation" become populated by so many dickheads? This thread is disgraceful, or a lot of it.

Best wishes Jim.

"Bills Nation" has ALWAYS been populated by a ton of dickheads. For example, how many people think it was ok that McKelvin's house was vandalized after we lost the opener against New England a few years back? How many people think it's ok to get tanked at a Bills game and beat up fans of other teams in the stands?

Generalissimus Gibby
06-03-2013, 10:26 AM
"Bills Nation" has ALWAYS been populated by a ton of dickheads. For example, how many people think it was ok that McKelvin's house was vandalized after we lost the opener against New England a few years back? How many people think it's ok to get tanked at a Bills game and beat up fans of other teams in the stands?

In general I agree with you, except for the bolded part. I doubt people go to see games and think I'm gonna get drunk and beat up another team's fans. Generally the thought that its time to beat up fans from other teams comes after someone is already pretty soused, and as such the decision wasn't the product of a rational thought. As for the McKelvin incident, yeah that was a stain on Bills nation.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 10:52 AM
How many Bills fans celebrated when Tom Brady got injured? That is a dickhead move.

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 11:03 AM
How many Bills fans celebrated when Tom Brady got injured? That is a dickhead move.

I don't understand this. How does me celebrating have any effect on Tom Brady's life/recovery? If I wish him to get hurt, does that make it my fault it happened?

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Cheering that an injury happened is a dickhead move. Period.

Of course your cheering doesn't have an effect on his life. What moron would think that?

trapezeus
06-03-2013, 11:46 AM
i never thought of myself as a dickhead, but if rooting brady to get hurt makes me a dickhead...i am proudly a dickhead. i hate that guy, his style of play, his ability to accept all accolades and deflect all criticism. and there is a huge asterisk in my books that he continuously took low end offers (significant discounts) compared to other top QBs who had lesser credentials. it just cements in my mind that he knows exactly how the cheating with the patriots works and is totally fine getting that benefit because he knows he's a lacklaster 6th round pick without it.

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Cheering that an injury happened is a dickhead move. Period.

Of course your cheering doesn't have an effect on his life. What moron would think that?

So why does it make you a dickhead? You didn't answer my question.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 12:10 PM
So why does it make you a dickhead? You didn't answer my question.

That's not either question you asked. You asked "How does it have an effect on his life/recovery?" and "Does it make it my fault?"

The answer to "Why does it make you a dickhead?" is that cheering when another human being gets hurt to the point of requiring hospitalization, (likely) several surgeries, and a long painful rehab just because you don't like what colors he wears on his back makes you a dickhead.

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 12:23 PM
That's not either question you asked. You asked "How does it have an effect on his life/recovery?" and "Does it make it my fault?"

Well when you're right, you're right.

The answer to "Why does it make you a dickhead?" is that cheering when another human being gets hurt to the point of requiring hospitalization, (likely) several surgeries, and a long painful rehab just because you don't like what colors he wears on his back makes you a dickhead.

So you don't have an answer, huh?

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Well when you're right, you're right.

So you don't have an answer, huh?

How is it that "Cheering when another human being gets hurt to the point of requiring hospitalization, (likely) several surgeries, and a long painful rehab just because you don't like what colors he wears on his back makes you a dickhead." doesn't answer your question?

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 01:43 PM
How is it that "Cheering when another human being gets hurt to the point of requiring hospitalization, (likely) several surgeries, and a long painful rehab just because you don't like what colors he wears on his back makes you a dickhead." doesn't answer your question?

Mostly because your answer is..."it's being a dickhead because it's being a dickhead."

And I was cheering when he got hurt for way more reasons than the colors he wears on his back. There are players on the Patriots that I actually like, but Tom Brady can go **** himself and I don't consider anyone who feels that way to be a 'dickhead.'

justasportsfan
06-03-2013, 01:49 PM

Admit it, you :dance3: when he got injured

Skooby
06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Jim said they caught it in time:
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Kelly-We-caught-it-in-time/48098c19-ccf5-413c-921b-e39509d94c30

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Mostly because your answer is..."it's being a dickhead because it's being a dickhead."

And I was cheering when he got hurt for way more reasons than the colors he wears on his back. There are players on the Patriots that I actually like, but Tom Brady can go **** himself and I don't consider anyone who feels that way to be a 'dickhead.'

That's because it's freaking obvious. Like saying "pushing a child down the stairs is a dickhead move". You don't cheer when someone is forced into hospitalization, no matter what you think of that person.

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 02:40 PM
That's because it's freaking obvious. Like saying "pushing a child down the stairs is a dickhead move". You don't cheer when someone is forced into hospitalization, no matter what you think of that person.

Pushing a child down the stairs and having a positive emotion when you hear about a person, who's soul job is to entertain you, getting injured are 2 completely different things. Emotions are anything but 'freaking obvious.' You can just say that you don't know, it's OK.

Plus that bolded part is just inaccurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim said they caught it in time:
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Kelly-We-caught-it-in-time/48098c19-ccf5-413c-921b-e39509d94c30

I absolutely hope that's the case.

imbondz
06-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Anyone know if Jim chewed? I have a lot of friends that do.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Emotions are anything but 'freaking obvious.' You can just say that you don't know, it's OK.

Plus that bolded part is just inaccurate.

You are correct that I don't know how any particular person will react. That doesn't mean that it's not a dickhead move to cheer when someone gets injured.

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
You are correct that I don't know how any particular person will react. That doesn't mean that it's not a dickhead move to cheer when someone gets injured.

But you still haven't explained why.

WagonCircler
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Anyone know if Jim chewed? I have a lot of friends that do.

Negative.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
http://www.onlymyhealth.com/what-causes-jaw-bone-cancer-1323949379

HPV – Human Papilloma Virus (http://www.onlymyhealth.com/human-papilloma-virus-hpv-1295953379.html) (HPV) is known to cause jaw bone cancer. It is a sexually transmitted virus and is one of the main reasons behind jaw bone cancer.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/explainer/2013/06/michael_douglas_hpv_why_oral_sex_can_cause_oral_cancer.html

Actor Michael Douglas has received praise (http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2013/05/behind_the_candelabra_steven_soderbergh_s_liberace_movie_starring_michael.html) in recent weeks for his portrayal of Liberace in the HBO biopic Behind the Candelabra, in part due to his somewhat graphic performances of gay sex with co-star Matt Damon. But an extremely candid interview with the Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jun/02/michael-douglas-oral-sex-cancer)over the weekend is drawing attention to Douglas’ real, heterosexual bedroom practices.Candelabra is the first film the actor has completed since receiving treatment for throat cancer two years ago, and though many assumed the disease was caused by Douglas’s well-known penchant for tobacco and alcohol, he told the Guardian it was the result of giving oral sex to female partners. Can you get cancer from cunnilingus?

Yes. You can get it from any kind of oral sex, for that matter. As Douglas suggests in the interview, a direct link has been shown between the human papillomavirus, which can be transmitted through oral sex, and oropharyngeal cancers. HPV comes in more than 100 different strains, but only a few, such as HPV-16, are among the high-risk set responsible for causing cancer. Most strains cause no symptoms, and most sexually active adults have been exposed to one or more of them. According to the Centers for Disease C (http://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm#a5)ontrol and Prevention, each year in the United States HPV causes an estimated 6,700 cases of oropharyngeal cancers in men and 1,700 in women.

Maybe Kelly was playing away from home? I like speculating.

gebobs
06-03-2013, 10:02 PM
IF HPV is a risk from eating snatch, I'll roll the dice.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 10:14 PM
But you still haven't explained why.

Why is anything at all a dickhead move?

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Maybe Kelly was playing away from home? I like speculating.

How dare you accuse Jim Kelly of such in act!!! Blasphemy!

Joe Fo Sho
06-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Why is anything at all a dickhead move?

Generally speaking, I would say that a dickhead move is an act that has a negative consequence.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Generally speaking, I would say that a dickhead move is an act that has a negative consequence.

Why?

IlluminatusUIUC
06-03-2013, 10:36 PM

Glory glory what a helluva way to die

Joe Fo Sho
06-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Why?

Ah, resorting to elementary tactics...nice.

Pushing a child down the stairs is a dickhead move as it directly causes harm to someone who has done nothing to deserve it.

Being happy when a person who averages $15 million per year to play a game gets injured has no direct correlation to that person. It doesn't affect his recovery time, it doesn't make the injury any worse.

MikeInRoch
06-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Just as you want me to explain why I think being a "dickhead" doesn't require actual harm to be done to a person, you should have to explain why you think it does require it.

If you were to come on here and say "I'm glad all those people died in the Bangladesh building collapse.", that does no harm, but it still makes you a dickhead.

Joe Fo Sho
06-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Just as you want me to explain why I think being a "dickhead" doesn't require actual harm to be done to a person, you should have to explain why you think it does require it.

If you were to come on here and say "I'm glad all those people died in the Bangladesh building collapse.", that does no harm, but it still makes you a dickhead.

I asked you first.

MikeInRoch
06-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Now who is resorting to elementary school tactics?

It's really a definition question. You think actual harm is required. I don't. Why you think it is remains completely unclear.

sukie
06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Will you two immature stupid heads shut your poo poo faces! Gee willikers.

Joe Fo Sho
06-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Now who is resorting to elementary school tactics?

It's really a definition question. You think actual harm is required. I don't. Why you think it is remains completely unclear.

You started it! Ha.

Because, no harm no foul...that's a thing.

JoeMama
06-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Will you two immature stupid heads shut your poo poo faces! Gee willikers.

Awesome.

feldspar
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Awesome.

Not really

JoeMama
06-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Not really

Okay?

jimmifli
06-06-2013, 12:28 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/vzh8iw.jpg

justasportsfan
06-06-2013, 09:30 AM
okay. I agree bills fans can be ----heads. But we all agree that OP was one of them in this thread. that's why he's MIA in this thread. Guilt :snicker:

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 10:34 AM
okay. I agree bills fans can be ----heads. But we all agree that OP was one of them in this thread. that's why he's MIA in this thread. Guilt :snicker:

Guilt? Why? Because I made a joke that was based on history and it turned out to be incorrect? I didn't realize jokes had to be factual.

I just didn't feel like arguing with a bunch of people who can't take a joke that hits too close to home or that they think is "too offensive" because of the subject matter.

justasportsfan
06-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Guilt? Why? Because I made a joke that was based on history and it turned out to be incorrect? I didn't realize jokes had to be factual.

I just didn't feel like arguing with a bunch of people who can't take a joke that hits too close to home or that they think is "too offensive" because of the subject matter.

lol. It was a matter of time. Gotcha going :snicker: Like I said, it was a joke until you got serious and had to defend your stance by saying you weren't wrong when in FACT you ARE wrong. So just admit it and be on your way.

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 10:50 AM
lol. It was a matter of time. Gotcha going :snicker: Like I said, it was a joke until you got serious and had to defend your stance by saying you weren't wrong when in FACT you ARE wrong. So just admit it and be on your way.

I jokingly guessed about the reason based on history and I guessed wrong. Oh well. Like I said, jokes don't have to be factual.

justasportsfan
06-06-2013, 10:53 AM
I jokingly guessed about the reason based on history and I guessed wrong. Oh well. Like I said, jokes don't have to be factual.Like Mikein Roch said
That is a dickhead move.

it's not the first time you stuck your foot in your mouth. :snicker:

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Joking is never a dickhead move.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Like Mikein Roch said

it's not the first time you stuck your foot in your mouth. :snicker:

Oh, well if MikeInRoch said it...

justasportsfan
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
You were WRONG!

:lolpoint:

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 12:11 PM
You were WRONG!

:lolpoint:

well I wasn't wrong when I made that post.

trapezeus
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
it's weird, when no name players die (potentially not even bills) and it's posted, everyone just posts. "RIP" or "Prayers"

but in two threads about kelly being sick we have a back and forth about jokes, OP, michael douglas, and very little on good wishes etc.

only here. i love this place.

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 12:25 PM
it's weird, when no name players die (potentially not even bills) and it's posted, everyone just posts. "RIP" or "Prayers"

but in two threads about kelly being sick we have a back and forth about jokes, OP, michael douglas, and very little on good wishes etc.

Well Kelly's not dead yet, and all indications are that this won't be what kills him anyway. Two different situations.

trapezeus
06-06-2013, 12:50 PM
true, i just expected the outpouring of support to be bigger on the board. he's as big a legend they come. surgery is tomorrow.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Welcome to the internet!

feldspar
06-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Well Kelly's not dead yet, and all indications are that this won't be what kills him anyway. Two different situations.

well I wasn't wrong when I made that post.

Joking is never a dickhead move.

I used to think that you were a crybaby and an idiot...still do...but now I can see that you are also a complete douchebag.

The man has cancer, douchebag...CANCER. And you not only think it's funny to call him an alcoholic (and nothing else beside that), but then you actually defend your accusation, which you call a joke.

Part of his jaw is going to removed, and you're making jokes about him. *** you, too. The man is beloved in Western New York and has done TONS for Buffalo and children...he's heavily involved in charities too.

What's next? Are you going to make fun of his son Hunter now? Just wish him well and shut the *** up, asswipe. You are an embarrassment.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2013, 01:36 PM
I used to think that you were a crybaby and an idiot...still do...but now I can see that you are also a complete douchebag.

The man has cancer, douchebag...CANCER. And you not only think it's funny to call him an alcoholic (and nothing else beside that), but then you actually defend your accusation, which you call a joke.

Part of his jaw is going to removed, and you're making jokes about him. *** you, too. The man is beloved in Western New York and has done TONS for Buffalo and children...he's heavily involved in charities too.

What's next? Are you going to make fun of his son Hunter now? Just wish him well and shut the *** up, asswipe. You are an embarrassment.

People have really lost their sense of humor. I don't get it. I called pretty much all of our players from the 90's drunks and I didn't get half the negative feedback as OP. I actually got a lot of positive. What's the difference?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/218985-Broadway-Joe-Says-Jets-wasted-pick-on-Geno?p=3798034#post3798034

I'm glad our ex-players from the 90's are just drunks, and not drunk attention whores.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 01:54 PM
People have really lost their sense of humor. I don't get it. I called pretty much all of our players from the 90's drunks and I didn't get half the negative feedback as OP. I actually got a lot of positive. What's the difference?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/218985-Broadway-Joe-Says-Jets-wasted-pick-on-Geno?p=3798034#post3798034

unbelievable...

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 02:07 PM

I joked about him being an alcoholic because I read that he's had problems with alcohol in the past. And just because he has cancer and has done good stuff for Buffalo doesn't mean he's off-limits for jokes.

You're trying to tell me what I can and can't joke about based on what YOU think is appropriate and you call ME a douchebag? Go **** yourself.

sukie
06-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Alcoholism is a disease according to the AMA. You laugh at alcoholism? Really?

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I'll laugh at anything if it's funny. And I have alcoholics in my family.

Here's the thing: everyone has a different line. You say we're not allowed to joke about alcoholism and someone else says we can't joke about cancer and someone else says we can't joke about HIV/AIDS and someone else says we can't joke about SARS or avian flu or whatever the news is using as the "scare the **** out of the public" pandemic this week and someone else says we can't make Asian jokes and someone else says we can't make black jokes or Irish jokes or Italian jokes or jokes about a particular disability and.....

Next thing you know, we're telling "why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes because they're the only thing left. There's a lot of **** in life that sucks. Being able to laugh about it is one way to deal with it. I don't want to live in a world where people can tell others what they can and can't joke about. Of course, you have the right to be offended by certain topics if that's how you feel, but then it's on you to not watch/read/listen to people who make those kinds of jokes. Don't tell people they can't joke about it because you don't like it.

MikeInRoch
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh, well if MikeInRoch said it...

Except I didn't say that. Keep putting words in my mouth.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM

If you only knew the things that I laugh at..

sukie
06-06-2013, 02:39 PM

Here's the thing: everyone has a different line. You say we're not allowed to joke about alcoholism and someone else says we can't joke about cancer and someone else says we can't joke about HIV/AIDS and someone else says we can't joke about SARS or avian flu or whatever the news is using as the "scare the **** out of the public" pandemic this week and someone else says we can't make Asian jokes and someone else says we can't make black jokes or Irish jokes or Italian jokes or jokes about a particular disability and.....

Next thing you know, we're telling "why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes because they're the only thing left. There's a lot of **** in life that sucks. Being able to laugh about it is one way to deal with it. I don't want to live in a world where people can tell others what they can and can't joke about. Of course, you have the right to be offended by certain topics if that's how you feel, but then it's on you to not watch/read/listen to people who make those kinds of jokes. Don't tell people they can't joke about it because you don't like it.

Fair enough. I was hoping you knew that alcoholism isn't a lack of will power and that being drunk isn't alcoholism... it is drunkism. I agree with what you wrote there. I joke about cancer everyday. I work in the cancer field. If you don't joke about it you become an alcoholic... Uh, no wait... Damn. I shoulda started joking earlier on.

- - - Updated - - -

If you only new the things that I laugh at..

Me too.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Except I didn't say that. Keep putting words in my mouth.

I didn't put any words in your mouth, Justa did.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 02:56 PM
I joked about him being an alcoholic because I read that he's had problems with alcohol in the past. And just because he has cancer and has done good stuff for Buffalo doesn't mean he's off-limits for jokes.

You're trying to tell me what I can and can't joke about based on what YOU think is appropriate and you call ME a douchebag? Go **** yourself.

You are an idiot douchebag crybaby with no sense of perspective. I read that somewhere...basically read it whenever you write something. You read it where, from other douchebags that have never met the man? I don't recall Jim ever getting into any trouble.

I dislike you quite a bit.

The man is SICK. He has CANCER, and you are talking to the demographic that LOVE the guy.

Tell ya what, if your mom gets cancer, I'll make a joke about how she's a fat, stupid, drunk whore, and her son is a douchebag. That would be a good one, wouldn't it? Jim Kelly is like family to the Buffalo community. Your "joke" was in TERRIBLE taste...

I'm as open minded as they come, but you oughta be ashamed of yourself.

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 03:00 PM
You are an idiot douchebag crybaby with no sense of perspective. I read that somewhere...basically read it whenever you write something. You read it where, from other douchebags that have never met the man?

I dislike you quite a bit.

The man is SICK. He has CANCER, and you are talking to the demographic that LOVE the guy.

Tell ya what, if your mom gets cancer, I'll make a joke about how she's a fat, stupid, drunk whore, and her son is a douchebag. That would be a good one, wouldn't it? Jim Kelly is like family to the Buffalo community. Your "joke" was in TERRIBLE taste.

If your joke is just calling her a fat, stupid drunk whore and her son is a douchebag, it wouldn't be funny. It's just name-calling. Now, if you put that in some context and told an ACTUAL joke about it, it could be very funny. And like I said pages ago, I love Kelly too. He's my second favorite player of all time, and he was cool when I met him at his football camp. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna joke about him. People aren't allowed to joke about things they like? That's just a stupid mentality.

****, you're lecturing me about "perspective" as you're judging jokes based solely on what's important to you. Again, go **** yourself and your BS sense of Internet moral superiority.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 03:03 PM
If your joke is just calling her a fat, stupid drunk whore and her son is a douchebag, it wouldn't be funny. It's just name-calling. Now, if you put that in some context and told an ACTUAL joke about it, it could be very funny. And like I said pages ago, I love Kelly too. He's my second favorite player of all time, and he was cool when I met him at his football camp. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna joke about him. People aren't allowed to joke about things they like? That's just a stupid mentality.

****, you're lecturing me about "perspective" as you're judging jokes based solely on what's important to you. Again, go **** yourself and your BS sense of Internet moral superiority.

I'd punch you in the head right now if I could.

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 03:19 PM
I'd punch you in the head right now if I could.

Wow, Internet moral superiority AND Internet tough guy.

justasportsfan
06-06-2013, 03:42 PM
OK. This thread is getting out of hand. OP you are wrong. Close thread.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Wow, Internet moral superiority AND Internet tough guy.

Douchebag...and if you don't think that you just basically called Jim Kelly a name in his hour of need, then look again.

Jim Kelly may be sick? He's an alcoholic...that's basically what happened. You call him a name or try to project a stereotype based on what "you've read somewhere." Then you don't have the common sense to back down from that ON A BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD. Yeah, you know me about as much as you know Jim Kelly. Act like such a douchebag around me in real life, and you'd know what's what.

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Douchebag...and if you don't think that you just basically called Jim Kelly a name in his hour of need, then look again.

Jim Kelly may be sick? He's an alcoholic...that's basically what happened. You call him a name or try to project a stereotype based on what "you've read somewhere." Then you don't have the common sense to back down from that ON A BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD. Yeah, you know me about as much as you know Jim Kelly. Act like such a douchebag around me in real life, and you'd know what's what.

His hour of need? WTF does that even mean? What I said has no bearing on whether or not Jim Kelly is sick or whether or not he'll get better.

I made a joke. You didn't like it. Fine. Keep talking tough. You're not going to get me to back down with your fake, whiny moral superiority and you're not going to get me to do it with physical threats. You are threatening me because you feel I insulted a guy who played QB for your favorite football team over 15 years ago on the Internet. But I'm the douchebag? Yeah, ok.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 04:32 PM
His hour of need? WTF does that even mean? What I said has no bearing on whether or not Jim Kelly is sick or whether or not he'll get better.

...just when I thought that you couldn't be a bigger douchebag. What you said had no bearing on whether Jim Kelly was sick? Did you happen to notice the title of the thread? It says "Jim Kelly Sick?" There was every single indication that he indeed is sick, unless you think his wife might find it funny to post rumors on the Internet about her husbands health. That might be a hoot too, wouldn't it? She says "say a prayer for Jim's health." Instead, you call him a name "in jest" based on "what you read somewhere." Consider where you are saying these things, asswhole.

I made a joke. You didn't like it. Fine. Keep talking tough. You're not going to get me to back down with your fake, whiny moral superiority and you're not going to get me to do it with physical threats. You are threatening me because you feel I insulted a guy who played QB for your favorite football team over 15 years ago on the Internet. But I'm the douchebag? Yeah, ok.

You are the douchebag, alright, and nothing I said was fake. ******* right I don't like it. You insult a guy based on "something you read" when his health is at serious risk, or there was every indication that it may be. Oh, but it's a joke, so it's understandable, if not commendable. Disgraceful. I don't personally know Jim Kelly, but I know people that do. He's a good person according to people that I trust.

Show some small measure of ****** RESPECT, douchebag.

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 04:43 PM
...just when I thought that you couldn't be a bigger douchebag. What you said had no bearing on whether Jim Kelly was sick? Did you happen to notice the title of the thread? It says "Jim Kelly Sick?" There was every single indication that he indeed is sick, unless you think his wife might find it funny to post rumors on the Internet about her husbands health. That might be a hoot too, wouldn't it? She says "say a prayer for Jim's health." Instead, you call him a name "in jest" based on "what you read somewhere." Consider where you are saying these things, asswhole.

You are the douchebag, alright, and nothing I said was fake. ******* right I don't like it. You insult a guy based on "something you read" when his health is at serious risk, or there was every indication that it may be. Oh, but it's a joke, so it's commendable. Disgraceful. I don't personally know Jim Kelly, but I know people that do. He's a good person according to people that I trust.

Show some small measure of ****** RESPECT, douchebag.

First I never said I didn't KNOW that he was sick. I said my joke has NO BEARING on whether or not he's sick. That doesn't mean I didn't know- it means that what I say or don't say WILL NOT AFFECT HIS HEALTH IN ANY WAY. It's completely harmless.

Second, you're lecturing me for insulting Jim Kelly for "something I read" as you insult me for something you read on an Internet message board. Hypocrite.

Third, his health isn't at "serious risk." It's at some risk, but all indications are that this type of cancer is very treatable. So enough with the hyperbole.

Third, the guy threatening people on the Internet and repeatedly calling people "douchebag" and "asswipe" is going to try to lecture me about showing respect? I will not bow to your subjective notion of "respect" and I will not show someone what you consider "respect" because someone you know said he's a "good person." Not everyone thinks like you do. Deal with it.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 06:22 PM
First I never said I didn't KNOW that he was sick. I said my joke has NO BEARING on whether or not he's sick. That doesn't mean I didn't know- it means that what I say or don't say WILL NOT AFFECT HIS HEALTH IN ANY WAY. It's completely harmless.

Second, you're lecturing me for insulting Jim Kelly for "something I read" as you insult me for something you read on an Internet message board. Hypocrite.

Third, his health isn't at "serious risk." It's at some risk, but all indications are that this type of cancer is very treatable. So enough with the hyperbole.

Third, the guy threatening people on the Internet and repeatedly calling people "douchebag" and "asswipe" is going to try to lecture me about showing respect? I will not bow to your subjective notion of "respect" and I will not show someone what you consider "respect" because someone you know said he's a "good person." Not everyone thinks like you do. Deal with it.

You are a punk, plain and simple.

punk.

Yasgur's Farm
06-06-2013, 06:29 PM
OP... I usually appreciate the edge you walk... But in this case, I gotta say your being inappropriate with your commentary. Ocassional discretion is not always a bad thing.Worth repeating OP... JMO.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Worth repeating OP... JMO.

Here is something else worth repeating: Opie is a douchebag and a punk.

JoeMama
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9RMZmcgJrxK0IuCeGE_1kdKl5SjwaIZLm3ZbIl2tbDSgUcGA1

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 09:58 PM

punk.

Lmao. That's all you got? Is that supposed to be an insult? Pathetic.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2013, 09:58 PM

punk.

Nice argument.

So what are you doing exactly to help Jim Kelly in his 'hour of need?'

feldspar
06-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Nice argument.

So what are you doing exactly to help Jim Kelly in his 'hour of need?'

There is no argument. There are those that think it's funny to put him down without apology in the process of finding out that he has cancer. Do you think there is something to argue about there? the man has cancer, so we'll call him names in the forum where he is most respected. If you are defending that, you are a punk as well. There is no argument.

I wish him the best and pray that he has a decent recovery. That's what I'm doing, as long as you ask, punk.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao. That's all you got? Is that supposed to be an insult? Pathetic.

Yeah that's all I got. That's all there is.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2013, 10:55 PM
There is no argument. There are those that think it's funny to put him down without apology in the process of finding out that he has cancer. Do you think there is something to argue about there? the man has cancer, so we'll call him names in the forum where he is most respected. If you are defending that, you are a punk as well. There is no argument.

I wish him the best and pray that he has a decent recovery. That's what I'm doing, as long as you ask, punk.

So you're doing nothing? How noble. That'll accomplish exactly the same thing as op's JOKE.

feldspar
06-06-2013, 11:01 PM
So you're doing nothing? How noble. That'll accomplish exactly the same thing as op's JOKE.

It's the same difference to a person that has no character.

And I'm done with this conversation. If you can't tell the difference, you are indeed a moron, a douchebag, and most of all, a punk.

OpIv37
06-06-2013, 11:16 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's all I got. That's all there is.
First, I didn't call him names. The only one who engaged in name-calling here is you.

Second, why should I have to apologize because he has cancer? I didn't give him cancer. My comment didn't give him cancer. It has nothing to do with me.

Joe Fo Sho
06-07-2013, 09:16 AM
It's the same difference to a person that has no character.

And I'm done with this conversation. If you can't tell the difference, you are indeed a moron, a douchebag, and most of all, a punk.

So if a person has character, and wishes his best to someone with cancer, there's an effect?

sukie
06-07-2013, 09:21 AM
So if a person has character, and wishes his best to someone with cancer, there's an effect?

Or praying for someone that has already asssumed room temerature?

justasportsfan
06-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Jim Kelly is cancer free

“I found out great news on Wednesday,” Kelly said Monday at the opening of his 26th annual Jim Kelly Football Camp. “I don’t have to go through radiation treatment and chemo, which is a blessing. From what I’ve been told everything that they did in surgery, if I had to do radiation or chemo it would put me way back.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Jim-Kelly-is-cancer-free/c8a3f127-776b-4ab4-b92c-ca02a3b91e7e

Meathead
06-24-2013, 07:10 PM
man am i glad op is taking all the heat for his joke and nobody even noticed mine. wait did i say that out loud

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.awesomeinventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/baby-shark-costume.jpg

Yasgur's Farm
06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Shut this thread down please... It's run it's course and offers nothing more.