PDA

View Full Version : Avalanche open to trading the top overall pick in the draft.

DetDannyWilliams
05-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Among the things Roy mentioned on Tuesday, that the Avalanche should be open
to trading the top overall pick in the draft. Sabres GM Darcy Regier has been
very open about the fact the Sabres are looking to move up from the 8th spot
they currently hold.

How realistic is a trade? Adam Benigni spoke with Rod Mackey of KUSA-TV
Sports in Denver.
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/216108/4/Avs-Introduce-Roy---Trade-with-Sabres-Possible

Ginger Vitis
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
So Patrick Roy says "if you get a 1 or a 2 or a 3 you are set in this draft" cant see him trading down any lower than 3rd.. Darcy would have to offer 3 future 1st Round picks or Thomas Vanek and 2 future 1st Rounders and maybe even more compensation to get Patrick Roy to even think of moving down to 8

Skooby
05-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Give him Vanek, he's a non-leader pansy.

The Jokeman
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Give him Vanek, he's a non-leader pansy.

Alexander Mogilny wasn't a leader either but once we added Pat LaFontaine and Dale Hawerchuk with him things turn around for the Sabres. Hodgson and Ennis played well year but we still need a 1st line play maker to go with Vanek and 2nd line guy to give us a team to reckon with. I'm hoping Darcy can use his good trade powers to land a solid 2nd/1st liner and goalie he can start 50 games (as I don't mind giving Enroth 30 or so starts). So that's why would love to see if the Ducks are still willing to part with Bobby Ryan. I posted it in another thread as counting on the draft is nice but it's high time this team brings in a viable NHL talent as right now to really expect us to turn things around.

Skooby
05-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Alexander Mogilny wasn't a leader either but once we added Pat LaFontaine and Dale Hawerchuk with him things turn around for the Sabres. Hodgson and Ennis played well year but we still need a 1st line play maker to go with Vanek and 2nd line guy to give us a team to reckon with. I'm hoping Darcy can use his good trade powers to land a solid 2nd/1st liner and goalie he can start 50 games (as I don't mind giving Enroth 30 or so starts). So that's why would love to see if the Ducks are still willing to part with Bobby Ryan. I posted it in another thread as counting on the draft is nice but it's high time this team brings in a viable NHL talent as right now to really expect us to turn things around.

Is Miller being traded ??

The Jokeman
05-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Is Miller being traded ??

I'd move him over Vanek.

trapezeus
05-31-2013, 11:29 AM
give them vanek and miller and next year's first. yes, it sounds ******ed, but the only thing darcy is good for is making other people see his logic in lopsided trades.

OpIv37
05-31-2013, 12:22 PM

That's the problem with Vanek. He's not a #1 guy but the Sabres are trying to use him as one. We need to find a LaFontaine to pair him with, or else we might as well just move him because we'll get more of the same: He'll put up numbers but still have cold streaks, and the numbers won't translate to wins. I'm not hell-bent on trading Vanek because, despite his faults, he's still the best player on the team by far. We'd have literally zero offense without him. That being said, clearly the current makeup of the team isn't going to win, and we need to add youth and talent. If he could be packaged for the first overall pick, it would be worth it.

Of course, trading Miller makes the most sense. He's gonna walk for nothing after next season when his contract expires because he wants to be closer to his wife and because he's approaching the end of his career and will want to go to a contender rather than mess around with the Sabres' rebuilding mess.

Ginger Vitis
05-31-2013, 12:59 PM
I did bring up Vanek earlier but I doubt Patrick Roy has any interest in Vanek or Miller.. Darcy shouldn't bother bugging Roy unless he's willing to offer up 3 1st Round picks to go from 8 to1

jamze132
05-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Miller, #8, and 2014 1st RD. Get it done!

coastal
06-01-2013, 07:51 AM
1.) What is it that Roy doesn't like about Seth?

2.) Why does anyone think he would want Miller and Vanek?

3.) I'd go with Drouin if we traded up to 1

Ginger Vitis
06-03-2013, 08:23 AM
1.) What is it that Roy doesn't like about Seth?

2.) Why does anyone think he would want Miller and Vanek?

3.) I'd go with Drouin if we traded up to 1

1) Nathan Mackinnon got the best of Seth Jones at the Memorial Cup.. Plus Patrick Roy might be leaning towards taking a Quebec junior player in Mackinnon or Drouin

2) Two players approaching or already on the downside of there careers with one year left on there contracts I dont think Roy has any interest in them and if I was running the show in Colorado I wouldnt either..

3) I prefer Jones or Mackinnon a little more to Drouin but I wouldnt hate it it Regier took Drouin if he trade up to 1