Clear All
  • hammerbillsfan
    • Aug 2005

30 for 30: Clint Malarchuk

• Dude
    that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
    • Feb 2005

Re: 30 for 30: Clint Malarchuk

I was at that game. Holy **** it was scary.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I watched this last night, hardly an uplifting piece.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
        I watched this last night, hardly an uplifting piece.
        That was tough to watch, but there's a good ending to the story.
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
          That was tough to watch, but there's a good ending to the story.
          Yea but 9 minutes is dedicated to the bad.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• gebobs
            • Sep 2003

Yea but 9 minutes is dedicated to the bad.
            Sure. Like I said...it was a rough ride. I thought it was great and I'd like to know more about what he went through and how he's doing now.

It's great that he's working in hockey. Hockey owes him a debt.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Here's a thought how badly would hockey suffer if they dulled their blades a bit?
              It was all

Comment

• gebobs
                • Sep 2003

Here's a thought how badly would hockey suffer if they dulled their blades a bit?
                Greatly with little benefit.

I got cut once when I was a kid. Had just finished the season opener where I collected 4 helpers. We were screwing around in the locker room and one of the other guys stepped on my foot with his skate. Blood everywhere but nothing major. 20 stitches or so. Still have a beauty scar. Missed a few weeks.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

It seems like every year there's at least one incident now.
                  It was all

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

It seems like every year there's at least one incident now.
                    Really? I don't remember any really serious ones except Malarchuk and Zednik. There was Erik Kalsson, but that was just an Achilles tendon.
                    Last edited by The King; 05-30-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Dude
                      that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                      • Feb 2005

If you dull the blades then stopping would be a real *****.

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                        Really? I don't remember any really serious ones except Malarchuk and Zednik. There was Erik Kalsson, but that was just an Achilles tendon.
                        Taylor Hall caught a blade on the face last year, in a pregame skate.

It was all

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                          If you dull the blades then stopping would be a real *****.

I think they have the cut proof ones or something. I remember hearing about it after the Karlsson incident.
                          It was all

Comment

• gebobs
                            • Sep 2003

Taylor Hall caught a blade on the face last year, in a pregame skate.
                            I suppose they could play with nerf balls and foam sticks if you really want to make it safe.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

there was a thing on the NHL network a few nights ago how guys are really flailing about in the playoffs and they showed a bunch of guys legs go really high and barely miss people. it was kind of insane how many near misses there were in like a 3 week span.

i don't wear a neck guard when i play because i hate how it feels, but perhaps nhler's should start doing so to reduce the stigma elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X