PDA

View Full Version : Ej Manuel to Da'Rick Rogers

DraftBoy
05-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Just reading through some of the OTA reports from the Bills official site and it appears these two seem to be finding a nice rhythm. They've connected on three long TD plays over the last two weeks and Rogers also had a big play in Day 1 with Kolb. His size and speed is exactly what the Bills need at QB and with Manuel developing a good feel for him its nice to see. Manuel has more than enough arm to put it out there and now Rogers can go get it.

OTA's mean very little but I am excited about this combination.

Jaybird
05-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Rogers can be a stud if he keeps his head in the game... The guy was a mosnter in the NCAA.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-30-2013, 07:52 AM
rogers will start opening day if he stays focused. hes way too talented and tough

ThunderGun
05-30-2013, 08:21 AM
I wanted us to draft him...figured he'd go in the 4th. I was amazed that he went undrafted, and even more amazed when we actually signed him.

Skooby
05-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Da'Rick will probably be our #1 WR by the end of the year, based on total receiving yards. He's one mean M-F.

justasportsfan
05-30-2013, 09:09 AM
If we can keep our qb upright and yet have a dangerous running game, we could have one hell of an offense. Rogers and Graham (who's been the most impressive wr at camp) can stretch the field while Woods and Stevie can be in the slot.

jamze132
05-30-2013, 09:15 AM
I just hope he can stay out of trouble. It appears he has a pretty short leash, not to mention the fact that he is an UDFA. He needs to keep his shot group tighter than a nun's ****.

Mouldsie
05-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Da'Rick will probably be our #1 WR by the end of the year, based on total receiving yards. He's one mean M-F.
There is no way Rogers is better than Stevie before year 3 in the league.

X-Era
05-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Just reading through some of the OTA reports from the Bills official site and it appears these two seem to be finding a nice rhythm. They've connected on three long TD plays over the last two weeks and Rogers also had a big play in Day 1 with Kolb. His size and speed is exactly what the Bills need at QB and with Manuel developing a good feel for him its nice to see. Manuel has more than enough arm to put it out there and now Rogers can go get it.

OTA's mean very little but I am excited about this combination.
I'm really stoked about having Robert Woods but Da'rick Rogers has me very impressed and hopeful of what he could add to this team.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no way Rogers is better than Stevie before year 3 in the league.I think he meant #1 by role not by talent level. At least that's what I hope he meant.

tampabay25690
05-30-2013, 03:41 PM
I wanted us to draft him...figured he'd go in the 4th. I was amazed that he went undrafted, and even more amazed when we actually signed him.

I thought a team would take a chance on him in the 2nd round....
Just like a Janoris Jenkins who slipped to the 2nd...

ThunderGun
05-30-2013, 03:56 PM
I thought a team would take a chance on him in the 2nd round....
Just like a Janoris Jenkins who slipped to the 2nd...

Right. Another guy i DESPERATELY wanted us to draft. I'm surprised didn't draft Rodgers in the 7th. They certainly aren't afraid to take guys with character concerns.

better days
05-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm really stoked about having Robert Woods but Da'rick Rogers has me very impressed and hopeful of what he could add to this team.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he meant #1 by role not by talent level. At least that's what I hope he meant.

Yeah, I could see Woods & Rogers on the outside with Stevie in the slot.

Mouldsie
05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
I think he meant #1 by role not by talent level. At least that's what I hope he meant.
What?

better days
05-30-2013, 04:27 PM
What?

Role................the #1 usually plays on the outside & it has been reported Stevie will see time in the slot.

X-Era
05-30-2013, 05:00 PM
What?
Welker was the #1 WR on the Pats last year as far as skill level but played in the slot (mostly) and not at the #1 WR spot which lines up outside.

TedMock
05-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Welker was the #1 WR on the Pats last year as far as skill level but played in the slot (mostly) and not at the #1 WR spot which lines up outside.

Andre Reed did a lot of damage from the slot.

ParanoidAndroid
05-30-2013, 05:26 PM

OTA's. T-shirts and shorts. 7 on 7.
I can't wait either, but reel it in, bro.

Skooby
05-30-2013, 06:34 PM
OTA's. T-shirts and shorts. 7 on 7.
I can't wait either, but reel it in, bro.

Fitzpatrick -------> Stevie

EJ ---------> Stevie

I was being sarcastic but the DR. is in.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-30-2013, 06:59 PM
So do you guys think our main 3 wr set will be stevie, rogers, woods?

Skooby
05-30-2013, 07:18 PM
So do you guys think our main 3 wr set will be stevie, rogers, woods?

Yeah, with Graham a close 4th.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Yeah, with Graham a close 4th.

yeah, graham will rotate to run the 9 route, like dedric ward did for the jets in 1998

elltrain22
05-30-2013, 07:51 PM
This guy has talent. There is no question about it. Had he have stayed at Tennessee, kept his nose clean, he would have probably been a very early first round pick. Thats the question about this guy. Is he willing to be a professional, w/ a professional attitude? If so, which is a very big if, this kid can really be a productive wr for this team.

Goobylal
05-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Motivation and talent are NOT issues with Rogers, so people need to stop questioning it. What he needs to learn is to either stop toking or use proper masking agents (I couldn't care less which he does, just as long as he doesn't get suspended), and staying humble (he's already learned humility). He's now got an agent and teammates to help him with the pot issue, while I can't see him being arrogant unless/until he makes a Pro Bowl and signs a huge contract.

DraftBoy
05-31-2013, 06:07 AM
This guy has talent. There is no question about it. Had he have stayed at Tennessee, kept his nose clean, he would have probably been a very early first round pick. Thats the question about this guy. Is he willing to be a professional, w/ a professional attitude? If so, which is a very big if, this kid can really be a productive wr for this team.

I said this on the days after the draft, I think that with this team and this coaching staff he can/will. We have a lot of recent former players in charge now including his positional coach in Ike Hilliard. Hilliard was one of the most well respected and hardest working WR's I've seen. He was never close to as talented as Rogers physically but he worked hard on his craft. I think his influence will be the most strongly felt with Rogers. I also think Rogers has some serious growing up to do and that being around players like Stevie Johnson, Kyle Williams, and even Robert Woods will be very good for him. There are players and coaches on this team he can bond and relate to and I think that's why he may be very successful here.

DraftBoy
05-31-2013, 06:11 AM
Motivation and talent are NOT issues with Rogers, so people need to stop questioning it. What he needs to learn is to either stop toking or use proper masking agents (I couldn't care less which he does, just as long as he doesn't get suspended), and staying humble (he's already learned humility). He's now got an agent and teammates to help him with the pot issue, while I can't see him being arrogant unless/until he makes a Pro Bowl and signs a huge contract.

Agreed with the first statement and I think he has been humbled by this, PFT had a quick piece up a couple of weeks back with a Rogers quote in it;

“I cherish it like gold. This is it. This is my last opportunity,” Rogers said, via the Associated Press. “I’ve got to make the best of it.”

“I feel like I was one of the top receivers in the draft, but with the off-the-field issues that I had, the things that I was doing, it hit me and it hurt me,” he said. “It just makes the chip on my shoulder that much bigger. There’s a lot of doubters and a lot of haters out there. I’m here not to prove them wrong, but to show who I am and what I’m really about.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/12/bills-willing-to-give-darick-rogers-one-chance/

That second to last line, to me, speaks volumes about his maturity. I've met Rogers once, when he was in HS, he is so talented. Its just ridiculous how good this kid is. With his head on straight there is not another WR on this team (and maybe not in the AFC East) that can match his potential.

Goobylal
05-31-2013, 06:20 AM
Agreed with the first statement and I think he has been humbled by this, PFT had a quick piece up a couple of weeks back with a Rogers quote in it;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/12/bills-willing-to-give-darick-rogers-one-chance/

That second to last line, to me, speaks volumes about his maturity. I've met Rogers once, when he was in HS, he is so talented. Its just ridiculous how good this kid is. With his head on straight there is not another WR on this team (and maybe not in the AFC East) that can match his potential.
He's saying all the right things and hopefully he means it. I think he does, but no one except for Da'Rick knows for sure. I don't think though that he'll be mouthing off to Hilliard, much less Marrone.