PDA

View Full Version : Preseason priority - Buf Bills

MDFINFAN
07-11-2003, 04:04 PM
SportingNews latest assessment of your priorities heading into TC, I wondered if you guys agree???

Bills Team Report (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/bills/)

Romes
07-11-2003, 04:37 PM
I think it is a very fair and resonable assesment of our offseason and our needs.

I would have told you that for the offseason our #1 priority was to upgrade the pass rush. I think Posey and Adams will definitely help generate more QB pressure. LDE is still a mystery but it does seem that it will be better than last year.

It is good to see that Prioleau is stepping it up with the competition in camp.

Jan Reimers
07-11-2003, 04:39 PM
A good quick sketch. Mentions the two questionable areas on defense - LDE and FS, the importance of additions like Gash and LeBeau, and stays away from the "woe is me, we lost Price and Centers and Riemersma, how can we possibly match last year's passing numbers?" Wilson, unlike many others, seems to understand that we do not want to match last year's passing numbers.

SoCalBillsFan
07-11-2003, 04:41 PM
I wanted to see us upgrade our run D, and i think we did that very well. If we can stop the run, the rest of our defense will be a lot better.

MDFINFAN
07-11-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Romes
I think it is a very fair and resonable assesment of our offseason and our needs.

I would have told you that for the offseason our #1 priority was to upgrade the pass rush. I think Posey and Adams will definitely help generate more QB pressure. LDE is still a mystery but it does seem that it will be better than last year.

It is good to see that Prioleau is stepping it up with the competition in camp.

I still don't think you've upgraded your pass rush. your DE's just don't scare me and Adams won't be an issue in the 4th quarter, the guy is just not motivated enough to keep in top condition. He's just traveling around collecting pay checks on his past performances, i.e., Balt.. Posey may help. but a rb can pick him up. Moble QB's won't be too affected by your blitzing LB's. Until your DE's find a way of putting constance pressure on someone, you will eventually die by the blitz.