PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys draft board partially leaked

IlluminatusUIUC
05-30-2013, 02:38 PM
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/5/30/4378574/dallas-cowboys-2013-draft-board-leaked-almost-complete-7-round-board

Based on some photos taken in the room, bloggers have reconstructed the Cowboys draft board.

For the curious, here's where they ranked our picks. (Unseen could be unranked or simply obscured by people in the photos)

EJ Manuel - 4th round
Robert Woods - Unseen
Kiko Alonso - 4th Round
Marquise Goodwin - 6th round
Duke Williams - Unseen
Jonathan Meeks - 6th round
Dustin Hopkins - No special teamers listed
Chris Gragg - Unseen

So JERRY JONE would not have approved. Take that for what you will.

X-Era
05-30-2013, 02:49 PM
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/5/30/4378574/dallas-cowboys-2013-draft-board-leaked-almost-complete-7-round-board

Based on some photos taken in the room, bloggers have reconstructed the Cowboys draft board.

For the curious, here's where they ranked our picks. (Unseen could be unranked or simply obscured by people in the photos)

EJ Manuel - 4th round
Robert Woods - Unseen
Kiko Alonso - 4th Round
Duke Williams - Unseen
Chris Gragg - Unseen

So JERRY JONE would not have approved. Take that for what you will.18 players had 1st round grades...

And 22 in the 2nd, and 28 in the 3rd...

I guess chances are very good they think teams over-drafted players in rounds 2 and beyond. And that they set themselves up for self back-patting with "steals"

Turns out they did it in the 1st round by drafting Frederick who they had as a 2nd rounder... Maybe he didn't approve of this move in his own draft either.

2) Escobar is graded as a 2nd
3) Williams with a 2nd round grade (steal in their mind)
3b) Wilcox they had as a 3rd
4) Webb they had as a 3rd (steal to them)
5) Randle they had as a 3rd (super steal)
6) Holloman they had as a 5th (steal)

And the of course you have Barley and Nassib who they had as 2nd rounders... And if they stack vertically, they had Nassib as their top QB.

And Robert Woods doesn't even make their list... Maybe he's un-draftable to them.

I think what this points to is that their is very much a range in how teams feel about players. And that the boards are all very different. To play off on a comment from this morning, it seems to show evidence that statements like "the Bills tried to outsmart the league" are simply irrational. Teams all stack the board differently so there is rarely a pick that is unanimously bad or unanimously good... Statements like "everyone else had a 4th round grade on him" are also false.

That said, there still can be a general consensus where most teams feel player X is only worth a 4th rounder. But to make that statement one would have to see all the boards. And that is something that will never happen.

Robert Woods really makes the point the best; not Manuel. They didn't even have him on their board. And it's not like they didn't want a WR at all. They took Williams in the 3rd. To me Robert Woods is a way better prospect and it isn't very close. So there is no way this goes strictly by ranking. To them Robert Woods was not a fit at all. It also goes by the fit for the team and other factors... I think it's clear that this board is the Cowboys ranking for who would be the best for the Cowboys... in order. And most (if not all) teams would say that's how they do it too. The Bills have said it over and over.

It's interesting insight though for sure.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-30-2013, 02:59 PM

EJ Manuel - 4th round
Robert Woods - Unseen
Kiko Alonso - 4th Round
Duke Williams - Unseen
Chris Gragg - Unseen

So JERRY JONE would not have approved. Take that for what you will.

Jones has won exactly how many championships after he fired Johnson and Switzer? He's a turd who proves that you can't buy championships.

Mouldsie
05-30-2013, 03:06 PM
I had Manuel in the 3rd... with pretty much the whole class

Pinkerton Security
05-30-2013, 03:21 PM
if they didnt have Woods on their board AT ALL, then idk what they're doing there in Dallas. He was seen as a borderline first rounder by many.

trapezeus
05-30-2013, 03:24 PM
this from a team who keeps resigning tony romo, a guy that everyone knows will never win the big one.

X-Era
05-30-2013, 03:27 PM
this from a team who keeps resigning tony romo, a guy that everyone knows will never win the big one.And when Nassib and Barkley, who they had as 2nd round talents, were still sitting there in the 3rd round they skipped them. Even when they had 2, 3rd round picks.

gr8slayer
05-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Seems to happen every single year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the "leak" is completely intentional.

better days
05-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Well, Dallas has not drafted well since the Tuna left so I'm not concerned at all.

TedMock
05-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Who peed on Jerry Jones' head in that war room picture?

IlluminatusUIUC
05-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Guys, I said some players might have been obscured by people standing in the photos? We don't know where Woods was ranked, he may have been in the 2nd or he many have been off the board entirely.

FWIW, Jerry Jones doesn't seem to care for USC offensive skill players. According to this (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/draft.htm) the last one he took was a wideout in the 5th round in 1995.

better days
05-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Who peed on Jerry Jones' head in that war room picture?

It's hard to believe, but there are people that enjoy the Golden Shower. I guess Jerry is in that small group.

gr8slayer
05-30-2013, 04:43 PM
How do you figure?
Well, Dallas has not drafted well since the Tuna left so I'm not concerned at all.

BillsFever21
05-30-2013, 06:02 PM
I could really give a damn where Dallas had their players ranked. Every team has a different draft board outside of the top players. For those who acts like their draft board doesn't matter because they had Manuel as a 4th, Alonso as a 4th and other Bills players a lot further down the list would be doing the reverse if they had Manuel and Alonso listed as a 1st round pick. They would be using it as "proof" of how well the Bills drafted and how highly rated Manuel was.

TigerJ
05-30-2013, 10:41 PM
They're allowed to be all wrong if they want.

better days
05-30-2013, 11:29 PM
How do you figure?

Well, I figure they have not drafted well since Parcells left. That's how I figure. Having Jerry Jones run that team is the Same as if Ralph Wilson were REALLY running the Bills. Bills fans have complained about Ralph meddling in the past. Well, Jerry is the consummate meddler.

Bill Cody
05-31-2013, 12:44 PM
For the record we didn't have Tony Romo on our board. Wait neither did the Cowboys since he was a street free agent. I guess that means Manuel will be in the HOF.

better days
05-31-2013, 03:02 PM
For the record we didn't have Tony Romo on our board. Wait neither did the Cowboys since he was a street free agent. I guess that means Manuel will be in the HOF.

Well, I just hope the Bills don't give EJ $55 Mill GUARANTEED after winning only one playoff game after a pretty long career as the Cowboys just did with Romo.

Mouldsie
05-31-2013, 03:18 PM
lol

ya da Bills r awesomeXX!!!

Dr. Lecter
05-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Why would anybody assume the Bills are correct and another team is wrong unless (MAYBE) that team is Cleveland??????????

BillsFever21
05-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Why would anybody assume the Bills are correct and another team is wrong unless (MAYBE) that team is Cleveland??????????

Because it's the same people who always think this is the year, we had one of the best drafts and any FA we bring in off the street is going to all of a sudden become twice the player they were before. Oh and the good players we let go weren't very good to begin with.

Basically it's the people who think the Bills do all the right things and make all the right moves even though a long history as proved otherwise. I'm not saying this draft will be good or bad or that Jones' board was bad it's just the point being made that far too many people think that way.

better days
06-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Because it's the same people who always think this is the year, we had one of the best drafts and any FA we bring in off the street is going to all of a sudden become twice the player they were before. Oh and the good players we let go weren't very good to begin with.

Basically it's the people who think the Bills do all the right things and make all the right moves even though a long history as proved otherwise. I'm not saying this draft will be good or bad or that Jones' board was bad it's just the point being made that far too many people think that way.

Far too many people think past failures by past people are relevent to TODAYS team & the people running it TODAY.

JoeMama
06-01-2013, 08:09 AM
The Cowboys are a hot mess.

It's not like they have a golden draft board. So I'm not sure how much is bothers me their pecking order differs from our own. If at all.

My objection to most of our drafts is our inability to consistently obtain good players in the 2nd and 3rd.

I'm happy with Buddy's first rounders. It's the next two that leave a lot to be desired.

The Jokeman
06-01-2013, 02:16 PM
The Cowboys are a hot mess.

It's not like they have a golden draft board. So I'm not sure how much is bothers me their pecking order differs from our own. If at all.

My objection to most of our drafts is our inability to consistently obtain good players in the 2nd and 3rd.

I'm happy with Buddy's first rounders. It's the next two that leave a lot to be desired.

Hot mess or not, I'd rather have Jerry Jones as my team's owner than Ralph Wilson.

JoeMama
06-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Hot mess or not, I'd rather have Jerry Jones as my team's owner than Ralph Wilson.

Yeah but that's like choosing between Rod Marinelli and Marty Mornhinweg as head coach.

I get that Jerry Jones had a golden age in the 90s but his franchise lapsed into irrelevance since 2000 or so as well.

better days
06-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah but that's like choosing between Rod Marinelli and Marty Mornhinweg as head coach.

I get that Jerry Jones had a golden age in the 90s but his franchise lapsed into irrelevance since 2000 or so as well.

Ever since Jerry decided he knew as much as REAL Football people. I am HAPPY Jerry does not own the team I LOVE & I can not for the life of me undrstand why anyone would want him for an owner at this stage in his life. The Jerry Jones fat the time he bought the Cowboys........GREAT. The Jerry Jones TODAY.......................I'll PASS on that.