X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixxum
    • Mar 2006

I'm just going to lose it

Are you kidding me. I watched ESPN's 30 for 30 which showcased the 1983 NFL draft. I think they called it from Elway to Marino. Two things I learned from this episode. I never realized that Kelly hated the Bills so much. Took a LARGE contract to entice him after the USFL folded. We were his second choice. Kinda pissed at Jim. Oh and I sorry if I am posting something that everyone already knows.

1983 NFL DRAFT, FIRST ROUND, 14TH PICK ... "I sure don't want to play for the Buffalo Bills" ... "Please don't pick me" ... "I cried" ... "You've gotta be k...

Secondly, please watch this video. Holy Sh$t. A secretary actually came in and interrupted negotiations between the Bills and Kelly. She stated that you must take this phone call. This interruption cost the Bills Kelly. I am just wondering is this the same secretary who patched the prank callers through to Buddy Nix?? I am starting to see a trend here. I am going to make a BOLD statement here.

THE SECRETARY IS THE REASON WHY THE BILLS SUCK.

Down with the Secretary

"The Secretary is cheaper then Ralph"
    Last edited by mixxum; 05-31-2013, 02:24 AM.
  • Gibby
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    • Jun 2006

Re: I'm just going to lose it

You must be the last person -- at least the last Bills "fan" -- to know this.

Comment

• DGreg
      • Jan 2006

No, you are wrong MSTblahblahblah. Nice to be rude right out of the gate. Some of us Bills fans are actually in our twenties. With that being said. I think we should start a Secretary thread. How the Secretary is at fault. How this Beeeotch screwed the Bills. Could be fun. Ill go first, and maybe the last.

The secretary patched me through to my self.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Yes Jim Kelly wanted no part of the Bills back then.

No it was not a secret.

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

Until he found out how Buffalonians liked to drink.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

You have to understand all the factors going on 30 years ago.

1. Chuck Knox had enough of Ralph and left for Seattle just a few months before. Bills are getting lots of bad press
            2. Kay Stevenson was offered the coaching job and responded " You want ME ?? " in disbelief. Completely unqualified and an obvious Ralph move.
            3. Kelly was immediately told he would backup Ferguson and needed to learn ( Fergy was on his way down ). Fergy had 26 TD's and 25 INT's in 1983.
            4. The USFL was throwing $$ around recklessly, signing anyone with a name.

Don't hate the player..hate the game. Kelly did the right thing then and eventually learned to love Buffalo more than most anyone.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

1. Chuck Knox had enough of Ralph and left for Seattle just a few months before. Bills are getting lots of bad press
              2. Kay Stevenson was offered the coaching job and responded " You want ME ?? " in disbelief. Completely unqualified and an obvious Ralph move.
              3. Kelly was immediately told he would backup Ferguson and needed to learn ( Fergy was on his way down ). Fergy had 26 TD's and 25 INT's in 1983.

Don't hate the player..hate the game. Kelly did the right thing then and eventually learned to love Buffalo more than most anyone.
              Good points.. Tony Hunter and Darryl Talley who were the other top picks in 1983 also weren't happy about being drafted by Buffalo.. Even though Jim was from Western Pennsylvania he also wasn't thrilled about the "Buffalo Snow" but you hit the nail on the head for the most part it was the situation those draftees were walking into organizationally that left them less than enthusiastic about being drafted by Buffalo

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Old news but look at him now. Poor Jim is stuck in the same perpetual hell as the rest of us...cannot get enough of the Buffalo Bills.

And there were a **** ton of players in that era that left the NFL for the USFL. In all honesty, Kelly or no Kelly, I think professional football would be in a better place if the USFL hadn't collapsed. After all the NFL is a monopoly. Competition would only lower costs as each league competes for your fans and their money.

The real farse there isn't Kelly, its the NFL.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

It was like one of those teen drama movies where the jock thinks he's better than the geek, but eventually falls in love with the geek and lives happily ever after without a super bowl ring.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    Yes Jim Kelly wanted no part of the Bills back then.

No it was not a secret.
                    Everyone makes mistakes. He's grown to love Buffalo and now is in the Buffalo tourism commercial on TV, pleading everyone to come to Buffalo.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I still think that damn blue buffalo is the culprit!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Are we really going to hate on Kelly for not wanting to be a part of this piece of garbage organization?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

Timely thread. Anybody care to discuss Joe Cribbs' contract situation?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Are we really going to hate on Kelly for not wanting to be a part of this piece of garbage organization?
                            Knew this was coming. I even told my dog you'd post something like this, and he even said "duh". Why just complain about our current situation when you ALSO complain about how badly the organization was run in 1983!!! Its like Christmas come early!

Comment

• Thurmal
                              • Oct 2005

If Kelly had played for the Bills from Day 1, we wouldn't have sucked enough to get the first pick to draft Bruce Smith. Glass is half-full!
                              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

Working...
                              X