PDA

View Full Version : I'm just going to lose it

mixxum
05-31-2013, 02:21 AM
Are you kidding me. I watched ESPN's 30 for 30 which showcased the 1983 NFL draft. I think they called it from Elway to Marino. Two things I learned from this episode. I never realized that Kelly hated the Bills so much. Took a LARGE contract to entice him after the USFL folded. We were his second choice. Kinda pissed at Jim. Oh and I sorry if I am posting something that everyone already knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RPupMIRAxg

Secondly, please watch this video. Holy Sh$t. A secretary actually came in and interrupted negotiations between the Bills and Kelly. She stated that you must take this phone call. This interruption cost the Bills Kelly. I am just wondering is this the same secretary who patched the prank callers through to Buddy Nix?? I am starting to see a trend here. I am going to make a BOLD statement here.

THE SECRETARY IS THE REASON WHY THE BILLS SUCK.

Down with the Secretary

"The Secretary is cheaper then Ralph"

Generalissimus Gibby
05-31-2013, 02:26 AM
You must be the last person -- at least the last Bills "fan" -- to know this.

DGreg
05-31-2013, 02:48 AM
No, you are wrong MSTblahblahblah. Nice to be rude right out of the gate. Some of us Bills fans are actually in our twenties. With that being said. I think we should start a Secretary thread. How the Secretary is at fault. How this Beeeotch screwed the Bills. Could be fun. Ill go first, and maybe the last.

The secretary patched me through to my self.

Mr. Pink
05-31-2013, 02:56 AM
Yes Jim Kelly wanted no part of the Bills back then.

No it was not a secret.

swiper
05-31-2013, 05:13 AM
Until he found out how Buffalonians liked to drink.

Night Train
05-31-2013, 06:19 AM
You have to understand all the factors going on 30 years ago.

1. Chuck Knox had enough of Ralph and left for Seattle just a few months before. Bills are getting lots of bad press
2. Kay Stevenson was offered the coaching job and responded " You want ME ?? " in disbelief. Completely unqualified and an obvious Ralph move.
3. Kelly was immediately told he would backup Ferguson and needed to learn ( Fergy was on his way down ). Fergy had 26 TD's and 25 INT's in 1983.
4. The USFL was throwing $$ around recklessly, signing anyone with a name.

Don't hate the player..hate the game. Kelly did the right thing then and eventually learned to love Buffalo more than most anyone.

Ginger Vitis
05-31-2013, 07:00 AM

1. Chuck Knox had enough of Ralph and left for Seattle just a few months before. Bills are getting lots of bad press
2. Kay Stevenson was offered the coaching job and responded " You want ME ?? " in disbelief. Completely unqualified and an obvious Ralph move.
3. Kelly was immediately told he would backup Ferguson and needed to learn ( Fergy was on his way down ). Fergy had 26 TD's and 25 INT's in 1983.

Don't hate the player..hate the game. Kelly did the right thing then and eventually learned to love Buffalo more than most anyone.

Good points.. Tony Hunter and Darryl Talley who were the other top picks in 1983 also weren't happy about being drafted by Buffalo.. Even though Jim was from Western Pennsylvania he also wasn't thrilled about the "Buffalo Snow" but you hit the nail on the head for the most part it was the situation those draftees were walking into organizationally that left them less than enthusiastic about being drafted by Buffalo

RedEyE
05-31-2013, 07:29 AM
Old news but look at him now. Poor Jim is stuck in the same perpetual hell as the rest of us...cannot get enough of the Buffalo Bills.

And there were a **** ton of players in that era that left the NFL for the USFL. In all honesty, Kelly or no Kelly, I think professional football would be in a better place if the USFL hadn't collapsed. After all the NFL is a monopoly. Competition would only lower costs as each league competes for your fans and their money.

The real farse there isn't Kelly, its the NFL.

jamze132
05-31-2013, 07:30 AM

It was like one of those teen drama movies where the jock thinks he's better than the geek, but eventually falls in love with the geek and lives happily ever after without a super bowl ring.

Typ0
05-31-2013, 08:26 AM
I still think that damn blue buffalo is the culprit!

Mr. Miyagi
05-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Yes Jim Kelly wanted no part of the Bills back then.

No it was not a secret.Everyone makes mistakes. He's grown to love Buffalo and now is in the Buffalo tourism commercial on TV, pleading everyone to come to Buffalo.

OpIv37
05-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Are we really going to hate on Kelly for not wanting to be a part of this piece of garbage organization?

mayotm
05-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Timely thread. Anybody care to discuss Joe Cribbs' contract situation?

Pinkerton Security
05-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Are we really going to hate on Kelly for not wanting to be a part of this piece of garbage organization?

Knew this was coming. I even told my dog you'd post something like this, and he even said "duh". Why just complain about our current situation when you ALSO complain about how badly the organization was run in 1983!!! Its like Christmas come early!

Thurmal
05-31-2013, 09:04 AM
If Kelly had played for the Bills from Day 1, we wouldn't have sucked enough to get the first pick to draft Bruce Smith. Glass is half-full!

kishoph
05-31-2013, 09:14 AM

I can't understand why you want anything to do with "this piece of garbage organization." If you hate this team and organization so much, why the **** on you on a Bills message board, for any other reason than to Troll ?

OpIv37
05-31-2013, 09:21 AM
I can't understand why you want anything to do with "this piece of garbage organization." If you hate this team and organization so much, why the **** on you on a Bills message board, for any other reason than to Troll ?

Because I started liking the team when I was a kid, long before I understood how ****ty the organization is. Yeah, I know, it's not rational, but there's nothing rational about being a fan. If there was, teams like the Bills would have no fans whatsoever.

Captain Obvious
05-31-2013, 09:51 AM
piece of garbage organization?

it wasnt a garbage organization from 1988-2000..Look it up

Joe Fo Sho
05-31-2013, 10:06 AM

Kelly was drafted in 1983, while it was still garbage. He was a big reason why this organization became respectable in that time frame.

OpIv37
05-31-2013, 10:10 AM

well, we're talking about '83, when Kelly was drafted.

And yes, the organization wasn't garbage from 88 to 2000, yet they still failed to win a SB. And they were garbage from 1960 to 1988, save the AFL championships in 64 and 65. And they were garbage again from 2001-2013 (and counting).

So, do the math. Out of the 53 years seasons this team has been around, they were garbage for 38 of them. And that's being generous because there was a bad year or two in that 1988-2000 span.

mayotm
05-31-2013, 10:31 AM
well, we're talking about '83, when Kelly was drafted.

And yes, the organization wasn't garbage from 88 to 2000, yet they still failed to win a SB. And they were garbage from 1960 to 1988, save the AFL championships in 64 and 65. And they were garbage again from 2001-2013 (and counting).

So, do the math. Out of the 53 years seasons this team has been around, they were garbage for 38 of them. And that's being generous because there was a bad year or two in that 1988-2000 span.I know the word "generous" is the first word that comes to mind we reading your posts about the Bills.

trapezeus
05-31-2013, 11:34 AM
jim kelly didn't want to play in the cold. he was told that cold weather shortens your career as it takes a toll on your arm. that was what he was told and really didn't want to come here because of that.

it didn't hvae anything to do with the organization or the town.

and that would be so tragic if it was the same secretary.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-31-2013, 12:55 PM
No, you are wrong MSTblahblahblah. Nice to be rude right out of the gate. Some of us Bills fans are actually in our twenties. With that being said. I think we should start a Secretary thread. How the Secretary is at fault. How this Beeeotch screwed the Bills. Could be fun. Ill go first, and maybe the last.

NTD or MMDT will soon enough.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-31-2013, 03:59 PM

Read Mix's doomsday posts and then talk about being rude right out of the gate. Also, I am in twenties for two more days. With that being said its not my fault that you haven't read Kelly's autobiography yet. You can get it fairly cheaply on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Armed-Dangerous-Jim-Kelly/dp/0385424515

The Jokeman
06-01-2013, 02:04 PM
The issue is had we signed Kelly out of Miami in 1983 would we have been so bad that in we'd up drafting first overall in 1985 and been able to draft Bruce Smith? Or have the right picks in place to make the trade for Biscuit in 1987? Or would we have had the patience to let Kelly develop while Marino and Elway took the NFL by storm? Kelly's biggest strength, the ability to put points up on the board with little time was both his biggest weakness. As one has to wonder if we ran a more time consuming/move the type chains offense wold are defense been more rested and more dominate than they were? I'll admit I've never been a Kelly supporter because to me he was very much a flawed QB not to mention I always preferred guys like Ken O'Brien who were accurate and could sustain offenses on long drives etc. compared to the gunslinger Kelly types.

lmcshadow
06-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Who's the new guy??

Generalissimus Gibby
06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
The issue is had we signed Kelly out of Miami in 1983 would we have been so bad that in we'd up drafting first overall in 1985 and been able to draft Bruce Smith? Or have the right picks in place to make the trade for Biscuit in 1987? Or would we have had the patience to let Kelly develop while Marino and Elway took the NFL by storm? Kelly's biggest strength, the ability to put points up on the board with little time was both his biggest weakness. As one has to wonder if we ran a more time consuming/move the type chains offense wold are defense been more rested and more dominate than they were? I'll admit I've never been a Kelly supporter because to me he was very much a flawed QB not to mention I always preferred guys like Ken O'Brien who were accurate and could sustain offenses on long drives etc. compared to the gunslinger Kelly types.

Yeah, O'Brien was one of the most overlooked qbs of that class, but **** I'd still want Kelly over him.