PDA

View Full Version : Would it be hilarious if Lindy got the Stars job?

chernobylwraiths
05-31-2013, 05:37 AM
Probably not to Derek Roy.

DetDannyWilliams
05-31-2013, 07:38 AM
Derek Roy plays for the Canuks now, Roy was traded at the deadline in exchange for defenceman Kevin Connauton and a 2nd Round Pick in this years draft

gebobs
05-31-2013, 08:00 AM
Derek Roy plays for the Canuks now, Roy was traded at the deadline in exchange for defenceman Kevin Connauton and a 2nd Round Pick in this years draft

I know, but it was still funny.

The Jokeman
05-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Probably not to Derek Roy.

I thought Roy was an UFA?

OpIv37
05-31-2013, 10:43 AM
yeah, watch him get the job and 3 years later win the Cup by beating the Sabres in the finals.

It's the Buffalo way- losses can't just hurt. They have to be soul-crushing.

trapezeus
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
im fairly certain ruff will end up as ineffectual has he has always been. maybe if he ends up in NY for the rangers. they have what lindy covets the most. a goalie he can ride 90% of the time and make up for the fact his system can't do anything. also, torts has already killed the team spirit, so i doubt he'd do worse. plus lindy works well with all-star type talent (his help with canada olympic team and such).

also NYC is a 45 min flight to buffalo.

i fielded a bunch of questions about lindy from rangers fans the last couple days. i told them i always liked the guy but just don't see him getting over the hurdle because he can be the dick jauron of hockey. just keeps doing the same thing no matter how many times it doesn't work.

swiper
05-31-2013, 06:22 PM
just keeps doing the same thing no matter how many times it doesn't work.

Actually that's not true at all. I had read an article, now had to be a few years back, that underscored the fact that Ruff successfully transitioned the team from the Peca years & talent to the Briere & Drury years, also adapting to rule changes, etc. He was simply saddled with lousy talent. This new ownership, so far, has proven to be as ineffectual as the last two owners. Or worse. I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere and succeeded. IDK about doing so under Sather though. Sather is a more glossy version of Regier.

chernobylwraiths
06-01-2013, 09:42 AM

Damn, gotta get out from under this rock.

black N yellow
06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Lindy's epic fail offense and power play has gotten him a reputation. I find that pretty funny.

Mace
06-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Actually that's not true at all. I had read an article, now had to be a few years back, that underscored the fact that Ruff successfully transitioned the team from the Peca years & talent to the Briere & Drury years, also adapting to rule changes, etc. He was simply saddled with lousy talent. This new ownership, so far, has proven to be as ineffectual as the last two owners. Or worse. I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere and succeeded. IDK about doing so under Sather though. Sather is a more glossy version of Regier. No, it's real true. He spent 15 years trying to make the same team of offensive players being defensive, and defensive players be offensive (ha ha), with the puck being passed from player to player to player to player and no one taking a shot until they fell back into their lockdown defense that didn't stop anything, year after year after year after year. They had a couple impressive seasons in that 15 years, which could be considered success, except the following seasons they were again lost, which sort of makes it look like that success was blind luck to me. He didn't have lousy talent. Columbus had lousy talent. He had decent talent which he was incapable of using, or the wrong talent for his defensive offensive scheme which the league has yet to comprehend until the revolution comes and you get points for passes instead of goals on the power play. I despise Ruff as a coach, but seriously think he should have been the GM after 8 or so years with a real coach to use the talent. But if he ever adapted to the "flow" of the league in some wiley manner, it was too wiley for my comprehension because I kept seeing the exact same generic game for a decade easy.

swiper
06-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Drury and Briere never had trouble finding the net.

gebobs
06-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Any schadenfreude out there for Robin Regehr and his play this series"?

PTI
06-03-2013, 08:23 AM
More hilarious if Lindy got no job, after we kept him for all those years and were constantly force fed how quickly he would obtain another job fast.

SabreEleven
06-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Rumors say Lindy is the head candidate for the Rangers job.

trapezeus
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Actually that's not true at all. I had read an article, now had to be a few years back, that underscored the fact that Ruff successfully transitioned the team from the Peca years & talent to the Briere & Drury years, also adapting to rule changes, etc. He was simply saddled with lousy talent. This new ownership, so far, has proven to be as ineffectual as the last two owners. Or worse. I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere and succeeded. IDK about doing so under Sather though. Sather is a more glossy version of Regier.

but at the end of the day, his career was a success because he had great goaltending from top names. and he never figured a way to get goaltenders adequate rest so they could hold up. true, maybe it didn't matter because he got oh so close once with a goalie in his prime and pretty darn close in 2006. But he never had a great power play, he only had that one 2007 team that started to fizzle that openned up hot and just crushed other teams.

but he's always been bringing teams into the playoffs in the back end, and beating expectations.

trapezeus
06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Rumors say Lindy is the head candidate for the Rangers job.

he's an ideal fit. he'a got a great goalie and a more or less veteran team with a strong captain. his role is minimal but to just manage these guys who may have been burnt out by Tort's yelling. Plus lindy's ability to say one or two choice comments to the media will play over well here in the beginning.

I agree with PTI that it would be great if he didn't get a job simply because we were told he was so excellent. but i like Lindy the person and would be happy if he could have success. i think he wanted it badly for buffalo, and he had a GM that didn't really help him get the all-star team that he really kind of needed. The rangers won't hesitate getting him pieces.

swiper
06-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Any schadenfreude out there for Robin Regehr and his play this series"?

Didn't he just sign a 2 year contract extension with them?

gebobs
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
he's an ideal fit. he'a got a great goalie and a more or less veteran team with a strong captain.
Not to mention, he's a Rangers alum.

gebobs
06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Didn't he just sign a 2 year contract extension with them?
Yup...$3M per year through 2015.

Meathead
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Damn, gotta get out from under this rock.

neighbor!