PDA

View Full Version : Russ Brandon on the Jim Rome show

Ginger Vitis
05-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Some of Russ Brandons musings to Jim. "Buddy Nix took the talent level to a much higher level his three years here" "We will go to the ends of the earth to bring a championship to Buffalo" "The Bills fans will grow to love Doug Marrones exciting approach to football" IIRC Russ said all these things at his press conference announcing that Ralph Wilson had given him complete control over the organization. One thing that Russ does that is a little irritating is start every sentence "Well you know"

Homegrown
05-31-2013, 01:13 PM
"We will go to the ends of the earth to bring a championship to Buffalo"

Well you know Rusty, the earth is round ....there are no "ends" to it

trapezeus
05-31-2013, 01:23 PM
really hard to improve the talent in 3 years when 4 years ago you had a guy named LEON JOE helping solidify a decimated linebacker corp. He had a qb battle between sucks and sucksmore.

i thoroughly hate how much of a politician russ is and how much he thinks he's helping. it's been worse each year he stays. The bills would be better if they gave a draft pamphlet to most of this board and then asked littman to take a hike.

Ginger Vitis
05-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Last year when the Bills were 3-4 Russ lectured the Bulldog and Mike Schopp telling them "there is still lots of football left and lots of parity in the NFL. Look at the Giants last year who only won 9 games to win their division and ended up wining the Super Bowl" After the interview was done and Russ hung up Schopp was screaming on air "If there is so much parity in the NFL how come the Bills haven't made the Playoffs in 12 years!!!

OpIv37
05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Some of Russ Brandons musings to Jim. "Buddy Nix took the talent level to a much higher level his three years here" "We will go to the ends of the earth to bring a championship to Buffalo" "The Bills fans will grow to love Doug Marrones exciting approach to football" IIRC Russ said all these things at his press conference announcing that Ralph Wilson had given him complete control over the organization. One thing that Russ does that is extremely irritating is showing complete managerial incompetence in almost every decision he makes

I fixed it for you

better days
05-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Last year when the Bills were 3-4 Russ lectured the Bulldog and Mike Schopp telling them "there is still lots of football left and lots of parity in the NFL. Look at the Giants last year who only won 9 games to win their division and ended up wining the Super Bowl" After the interview was done and Russ hung up Schopp was screaming on air "If there is so much parity in the NFL how come the Bills haven't made the Playoffs in 12 years!!!

What did you expect Russ to say? Well, you know we suck. Chan made a HUGE mistake hiring David Wannestadt & I plan to fire Chan at the end of the season.

Ginger Vitis
05-31-2013, 03:10 PM
What did you expect Russ to say? Well, you know we suck. Chan made a HUGE mistake hiring David Wannestadt & I plan to fire Chan at the end of the season.
I know he is in a tough spot trying to justify and rationalize the losing of the last 12 years. Still though he insults my intelligence when he speaks sometimes

ServoBillieves
05-31-2013, 03:34 PM
really hard to improve the talent in 3 years when 4 years ago you had a guy named LEON JOE helping solidify a decimated linebacker corp. He had a qb battle between sucks and sucksmore.

i thoroughly hate how much of a politician russ is and how much he thinks he's helping. it's been worse each year he stays. The bills would be better if they gave a draft pamphlet to most of this board and then asked littman to take a hike.

We all miss Teddy Lehman.

trapezeus
05-31-2013, 03:41 PM
i'd rather he say, "i've been intimately involved with this team for 13 years. i eat sleep drink bills football. It hasn't gone anywhere close to how i'd imagine it. but you know what? I'm a buffalo guy. i've been knocked down and i am going to get back up and finish what i started. With the transition from Ralph to me, i view this as my team. no one cares more than me. i know it's been a brutal 13 years. The fans think i don't know that, but i do. And we've learned from our mistakes, and we have the starting of something good. i believe in it so much that i'd step down as CEO if Doug and this team can't get us into the playoffs in 3 years. I don't expect to be loved, but i expect to get a chance. Bills fans love this team. They are going to come out for the first few games to see if anything we changed. and I know we are going to win them over by winning games early."

instead he has no humility that rightly or wrongly, he is one of the constant faces of failure. and he doesn't seem to act like he gets it. he just keeps doing whatever he wants with very little chance of getting a winning team out of the field quickly.

Joe Fo Sho
05-31-2013, 03:45 PM
i'd rather he say, "i've been intimately involved with this team for 13 years. i eat sleep drink bills football. It hasn't gone anywhere close to how i'd imagine it. but you know what? I'm a buffalo guy. i've been knocked down and i am going to get back up and finish what i started. With the transition from Ralph to me, i view this as my team. no one cares more than me. i know it's been a brutal 13 years. The fans think i don't know that, but i do. And we've learned from our mistakes, and we have the starting of something good. i believe in it so much that i'd step down as CEO if Doug and this team can't get us into the playoffs in 3 years. I don't expect to be loved, but i expect to get a chance. Bills fans love this team. They are going to come out for the first few games to see if anything we changed. and I know we are going to win them over by winning games early."

instead he has no humility that rightly or wrongly, he is one of the constant faces of failure. and he doesn't seem to act like he gets it. he just keeps doing whatever he wants with very little chance of getting a winning team out of the field quickly.

I was going to respond with what I thought he should have said, but you did it much better than I would've.

He needs to hold himself accountable.

jamze132
05-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Look, the bottom line is that Russ Brandon is a marketing guy and was able to make Ralph Wilson a very rich guy without even sniffing the playoffs. Brandon has no business being involved in football operations and I hope that he lets Whaley and Marrone do what they want and see where it gets us.

swiper
05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm still trying to decide who I hate more, Brandon or Rome.

OpIv37
05-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Look, the bottom line is that Russ Brandon is a marketing guy and was able to make Ralph Wilson a very rich guy without even sniffing the playoffs. Brandon has no business being involved in football operations and I hope that he lets Whaley and Marrone do what they want and see where it gets us.

I hope that happens too.

But it hasn't happened yet so I'm not holding my breath.

Don't Panic
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM
I hope that happens too.

But it hasn't happened yet so I'm not holding my breath.

I think it has. I don't think Russ Brandon could walk into a room with those two and even dream of opening his mouth with football-related advice. The Doug's run the show now... Russ is in exactly the position he should have been the whole time.