PDA

View Full Version : Home Opener Vs. New England

BillsImpossible
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Okay, it's June now so we can all start counting down the days until the new look Buffalo Bills take on their AFC nemesis on September 8th.

14 point spread? I'm taking the Bills...

Whoever the quarterback is on opening day, I don't think they'll be throwing the ball more than 20 times.

I think coach Marrone is going to run the ball down New England's throats with Spiller and Jackson.

The Patriots are going to put 8 in the box and dare us to throw, especially if Manuel is the starting quarterback.

I haven't been this excited for a home opener since the Bills traded for Drew Bledsoe.

Bills win by, "TKO"....Kiko Alonso picks Brady off...twice.

Mario and Pat Williams combine for 4 sacks.

Dareus picks off Brady and takes it to the house, makes cover of Sports Illustrated.

31-3

BILLS

ServoBillieves
06-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Did I just get a concussion and go back to 2003?

Pat Williams is on the team again?

Generalissimus Gibby
06-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Nah, more like 24-20 Pats, or if we get real lucky 27-24 Bills in OT simply because the first game against the Pats is almost always winnable of course all too often its like seeing Wichita State playing Louisville in that we might take the lead but you know in the depths of your soul that its not going to last.

SquishDaFish
06-02-2013, 01:31 PM

LOL Thats what I was saying. Pat Williams??? Really LMAO

Meathead
06-02-2013, 02:52 PM

well close, its his brother

Meathead
06-02-2013, 02:53 PM
bills are going to get demolished. opening week spreads are notoriously low, but i wouldnt take the bills if you gave me twenty five points

SpikedLemonade
06-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I think we will keep it within 2 TDs.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-02-2013, 05:19 PM
bills are going to get demolished. opening week spreads are notoriously low, but i wouldnt take the bills if you gave me twenty five points

I disagree. Typically our first meeting with the Pats is the one where we keep it close.

FWIW in Gailey's first game against them as the Bills' coach it was 38-30 Pats. Dickie J's was 19-17 Pats. Mike M's was 31-17 Pats. Gregggg's was 21-11 Pats.

Only one even tied that 14 point spread.

mayotm
06-02-2013, 05:52 PM

Pat Williams is on the team again?It was actually Sam Adams that scored the pick six and was on the cover of SI.

Meathead
06-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I disagree. Typically our first meeting with the Pats is the one where we keep it close.

FWIW in Gailey's first game against them as the Bills' coach it was 38-30 Pats. Dickie J's was 19-17 Pats. Mike M's was 31-17 Pats. Gregggg's was 21-11 Pats.

Only one even tied that 14 point spread.

good points

i was intentionally exaggerating for emphasis, but realistically even fourteen points would be shaky. early season games are usually closer than normal, but this team is so super green i think there will be easy places for marcia to exploit all game long. the wr corps are also super young and there likely wont be anybody able to take the focus off steve

its hard to imagine keeping them below forty points, and its also hard to see a new qb with baby wrs scoring twenty six so id probably still give fourteen

SquishDaFish
06-02-2013, 06:39 PM
24-17 Buffalo you heard it here first lol

ServoBillieves
06-02-2013, 07:37 PM
It was actually Sam Adams that scored the pick six and was on the cover of SI.

Read the original post. He said Pat Williams will have a big game. He must've meant Kyle.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-02-2013, 07:40 PM
good points

i was intentionally exaggerating for emphasis, but realistically even fourteen points would be shaky. early season games are usually closer than normal, but this team is so super green i think there will be easy places for marcia to exploit all game long. the wr corps are also super young and there likely wont be anybody able to take the focus off steve

its hard to imagine keeping them below forty points, and its also hard to see a new qb with baby wrs scoring twenty six so id probably still give fourteen

It cuts both ways. We're young and green and all that, but Belichick and Brady won't have much film to dissect.

Don't get me wrong, we'll still lose unless CJ takes over the game and we catch some lucky breaks (like that tipped ball pick 6), but the Pats' biggest advantage is preparation and they can't do as much on us.

scartown
06-02-2013, 08:16 PM
good points

Pats are -7 right now. My early feeling it will close under that.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
If both the Pats and the Bills open their playbooks showing what they are going to do, there will be no contest. Pats will win handily: they have the better players, and they have the veteran players who knows how to adjust.

But like in battles, the saying is that you need people, geography, and timing. Pats have people advantage. The Bills have the geography (hone game).

And the Bills have the timing.

The Pats are in the open, most of their plays are known. They just execute.

The Bills are in the dark. Right now no one knows what the offense will look like. You may look at Jets tape to figure out the Bills D, but the Bills have a completely different set of players. The Bills have the surprise factor.

Make no mistake, the people factor is the dominating one. So overall, I'd bet on the Pats to win. But if you ask me ranking the best chance of Bills beating Pats this year - week 1 through 17, I'll definitely say week 1.

ublinkwescore
06-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Okay, it's June now so we can all start counting down the days until the new look Buffalo Bills take on their AFC nemesis on September 8th.

14 point spread? I'm taking the Bills...

Whoever the quarterback is on opening day, I don't think they'll be throwing the ball more than 20 times.

I think coach Marrone is going to run the ball down New England's throats with Spiller and Jackson.

The Patriots are going to put 8 in the box and dare us to throw, especially if Manuel is the starting quarterback.

I haven't been this excited for a home opener since the Bills traded for Drew Bledsoe.

Bills win by, "TKO"....Kiko Alonso picks Brady off...twice.

Mario and Pat Williams combine for 4 sacks.

Dareus picks off Brady and takes it to the house, makes cover of Sports Illustrated.

31-3

BILLS
umm I like every thing you said - that was coherenent and possible anyways - except for the SI cover bit. Remember, its cursed - FOR ALL SPORTS.

Night Train
06-03-2013, 04:50 AM
except for the SI cover bit. Remember, its cursed - FOR ALL SPORTS.

Then Brady appearing on the pre-season issue wearing a pink ascot is Karma.

GingerP
06-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Pats are -7 right now. My early feeling it will close under that.

How they could set a line on week 1 at this point is beyond me anyway, given teams don't show anything and so much changes year-to-year. Week 1 is a crapshoot, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills won or lost, because every year is so different. Granted, the Patriots have pretty much been a constant, but even they aren't usually set early in the season. Last year the Pats were 3-3 before putting things together. Week 1 is a good time to catch them.