PDA

View Full Version : Lingering Knee Issues Hampering Levitre in Tennessee

DynaPaul
06-02-2013, 10:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/02/lingering-knee-issue-hampering-levitre-in-tennessee/

Maybe this is why they didn't want to break the bank on him?

Guard Andy Levitre, one of the few free agents who cashed in this year by jumping from Buffalo to Tennessee, has yet to join the Titans’ OTAs due to lingering problems with a knee on which arthroscopic surgery was performed in 2012.

Skooby
06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
His knee was checked out by TN before he got a contract, Bills have zero responsibility. I'm just hoping that the Bills still get a late 3rd rounder for losing him, we don't get many picks that way.

feldspar
06-03-2013, 01:00 AM
I wonder if this played in with Buffalo's not re-signing him...

Night Train
06-03-2013, 04:47 AM
I wonder if this played in with Buffalo's not re-signing him...
Regardless, the comment below that article sums it up perfectly

" Even at 100%, no guard is worth $13 million for one year or $26 million for 3 years.."

swiper
06-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Regardless, the comment below that article sums it up perfectly

" Even at 100%, no guard is worth $13 million for one year or $26 million for 3 years.."

Yeah. I loved Levitre, but I cannot fault the Bills for not doing that.

DraftBoy
06-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Sorry to hear that.

GvilleBills
06-03-2013, 07:21 AM
I wish we could've kept him, but it became clear he wanted to test the market, and for good reason as he cashed in. I feel that the Bills will continue to look better in the long run, just too much $ for a guard. My only lament is we didn't sign Vasquez and keep Rhinehart, we could've had both for Levitre's price. I would've felt a lot better about the interior OL then.
Next man up...let's see who TAKES the job. None of that " best of the worst" crap.

DynaPaul
06-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah. I loved Levitre, but I cannot fault the Bills for not doing that.

Especially since we can use that money to lock up Byrd and pick up any decent free agents before the season starts.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-03-2013, 09:32 AM
He hasn't even missed a mandatory practice yet, let alone a game.

Pinkerton Security
06-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Especially since we can use that money to lock up Byrd and pick up any decent free agents before the season starts.

We had better, epecially the bold part!!

trapezeus
06-03-2013, 10:00 AM
i am assuming a lot of linemen have knee issues. if i was a titan fan, i would be concerned that a new player isn't there for OTA's to learn everything and go through the walk throughs. But the proof with Levtrie is that he starts and finishes everygame. i would trust that as a sign that he'll be ready for the season. but i would be pissed that one of the most expensive members of the team isn't ready to go right now.

also, i don't know why guard isn't worth a high price. if you have a good guard, you can get a good run game inside, which means the other team is going to wear down faster.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-03-2013, 10:07 AM
chris scott or sam young will be good.

trapezeus
06-03-2013, 10:59 AM
NTD, anyone you ever predict to not pan out? every single time a decent player moves, you find no name players and suggest the team will be fine with them as the replacement. and lo and behold that is yet another position where we suck.

Meathead
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
i first read the title as 'Lingerie Issues Hamper Levitre' which of course would have been compleeetely different

DraftBoy
06-03-2013, 12:21 PM
He hasn't even missed a mandatory practice yet, let alone a game.

But we killed Dareus for missing one week of OTA's.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-03-2013, 01:56 PM
But we killed Dareus for missing one week of OTA's.

I didn't.

trapezeus
06-03-2013, 02:14 PM
i gave dareus a hard time. and i'm giving levitre a hard time too. but he's not part of my team anymore, so i don't really care if he gets the scheme, etc etc.

If we signed a big name player at his position and he wasn't ready to go at OTA's, i'd be half pissed with the player and half pissed with FO to not see this.

but levitre has performed at all start capabilities....dareus has not.

The Jokeman
06-03-2013, 03:49 PM
chris scott or sam young will be good.

So good that the Bills are bringing in Doug Legursky for a looksy.

BADTHINGSMAN
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
NTD, anyone you ever predict to not pan out? every single time a decent player moves, you find no name players and suggest the team will be fine with them as the replacement. and lo and behold that is yet another position where we suck.

Makes me wonder how NTD felt about Chris Watson.

PromoTheRobot
06-04-2013, 10:52 AM

Bills: Here's $8M/yr for your client.

Parker: My client deserves to be the highest paid safety. Dashon Goldson makes almost $9M/yr.

Bills: Okay, here's $9M then.

Parker: I said "highest paid" not "tied for highest paid." $10M

Bills: Geez, okay $10M

Parker: Did I say $10M? I meant $11M. By the way, I just signed CJ Spiller as a client.

PTR

DynaPaul
06-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Parker: Did I say $10M? I meant $11M. By the way, I just signed CJ Spiller as a client.

PTR

Yeah that Parker guy is a real numb nut.

BillsFever21
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
My prediction is whoever wins the starting guard(s) spots and any other position NTD will think they will be great players.

Goobylal
06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Bills: Here's $8M/yr for your client.

Parker: My client deserves to be the highest paid safety. Dashon Goldson makes almost $9M/yr.

Bills: Dashon Goldson makes $8.25M/year and he was chosen 1st team AP All-Pro last year. Byrd was 2nd team. Here's $7.5M/year.

Parker: I say he's the best safety in the game! Forget what the AP said. I'll have him sit-out the first 9 games.

Bills: Quick, can you name the Jets' safeties under Mike Pettine? No? Didn't think so. $7.5M/year. And we'll franchise him again next year and he won't be an UFA before he's 28 years old.

Parker: Son of a...

BillsFever21
06-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Bills: Dashon Goldson makes $8.25M/year and he was chosen 1st team AP All-Pro last year. Byrd was 2nd team. Here's $7.5M/year.

Parker: I say he's the best safety in the game! Forget what the AP said. I'll have him sit-out the first 9 games.

Bills: Quick, can you name the Jets' safeties under Mike Pettine? No? Didn't think so. $7.5M/year. And we'll franchise him again next year and he won't be an UFA before he's 28 years old.

Parker: Son of a...

In all fairness Pettine might have been the DC of the Jets but it was Rex Ryan's defense and outside of around last year Rex Ryan called all the plays. He eventually had enough confidence in Pettine to call the plays last year and they did alright which is a good thing. It was still Ryan's defense though.

It's no different then when Marrone was the OC with the Saints. He was the OC but it was Payton's offense and Payton called all the plays. Just like with other HC's around the league that were great at what they did before getting a HC job. Lets just hope both of them learned good from them and can institute a good system on their own along with doing a good job of game planning and calling the plays within they system.

Goobylal
06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
In all fairness Pettine might have been the DC of the Jets but it was Rex Ryan's defense and outside of around last year Rex Ryan called all the plays. He eventually had enough confidence in Pettine to call the plays last year and they did alright which is a good thing. It was still Ryan's defense though.

It's no different then when Marrone was the OC with the Saints. He was the OC but it was Payton's offense and Payton called all the plays. Just like with other HC's around the league that were great at what they did before getting a HC job. Lets just hope both of them learned good from them and can institute a good system on their own along with doing a good job of game planning and calling the plays within they system.
I hear what you're saying. But my point is that you don't need high-priced safeties in Pettine's defense.