06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Per V-Text

-Bill

MTBillsFan
06-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Nice, some depth and competition.

jimbohastle51
06-05-2013, 02:33 PM
He has a legitimate chance to start here. Given his age, position fits, and his 50 appearances with 17 starts under his belt, my guess is its a 3yr deal.

Skooby
06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Sweet.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-05-2013, 02:50 PM
He has a legitimate chance to start here. Given his age, position fits, and his 50 appearances with 17 starts under his belt, my guess is its a 3yr deal.

Not sure about starting. He's classic AAAA type of player if I use baseball terms: better than backup, not good enough to start. Overall, he's better at center than guard.

Generally speaking, he's not a liability when he is in the game, by that I mean he won't "make the play" for you, but definitely does not need extra help to prevent bad thing from happening.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Let the booing and hissing begin.

ServoBillieves
06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Good signing, adds a veteran to the pot at the so-far empty guard position.

All we need is Pouncey in a few years when Wood goes to have a Pittsburgh interior.

EDS
06-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Good replacement for Rinehart.

Homegrown
06-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I hear he wants Jersey #78

SpikedLemonade
06-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Better than Green who the Pats looked at for a week or so and then cut.

DraftBoy
06-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Who'd they cut?

cookie G
06-05-2013, 04:09 PM
He will officially be sworn in as the grand marshall for the Dyngus Day parade tomorrow.

DynaPaul
06-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Great depth addition and possible starter. We need guys like this for the O-Line. I'm happy we got him.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-05-2013, 05:08 PM
could start, and keeps the oline as a major strength. how long did he sign for? glenn, legursky,wood, urbik, hairston --- sanders, young, brown, pears ---- ps - chibane

superbills
06-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Who'd they cut?

Tyronne Green

NOT THE DUDE...
06-05-2013, 05:11 PM
greg Lloyd was cut

SpikedLemonade
06-05-2013, 05:31 PM
could start, and keeps the oline as a major strength.

Not sure where you get this stuff from.

cookie G
06-05-2013, 05:35 PM
a day in the life of the newest Bill

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r1Iczbc-lbg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsFever21
06-05-2013, 05:43 PM

He just signed with Buffalo so obviously that makes him a starting worthy player now.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Legursky's pretty close to Nagurski! Hall of Fame!

X-Era
06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Since when do we only care about all-pro signings? Have we forgotten how we light up the league in numbers on our IR roster?

Jaybird
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
bottom line.. Wood has a history of injuries and the team recognizes that. we now found a solid back up and possible starting guard

jimbohastle51
06-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Not sure about starting. He's classic AAAA type of player if I use baseball terms: better than backup, not good enough to start. Overall, he's better at center than guard.

Generally speaking, he's not a liability when he is in the game, by that I mean he won't "make the play" for you, but definitely does not need extra help to prevent bad thing from happening.

I agree with you on his performance but he does have a legitimate chance to start in buffalo. He is the most experienced player competing at the left guard position right now and given alone his 12 straight starts at left guard during the 2011 season he is by far the best option right now. Training camp will be interesting and when his contract comes out we will know more,

Meathead
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
ralph is slightly less cheap

NOT THE DUDE...
06-05-2013, 10:28 PM

6th in rushing, less than 30 sacks allowed, young oline, pff

NOT THE DUDE...
06-05-2013, 10:30 PM

literally every stat, film, new magazine, scout says the bills have a very solid oline with even more potential. im not sure how you don't see it lol

The last buffalo fan
06-05-2013, 10:33 PM
bottom line.. Wood has a history of injuries and the team recognizes that. we now found a solid back up and possible starting guard
Who cares, just sign your damn contract NOW!!

BillsFever21
06-05-2013, 10:36 PM
could start, and keeps the oline as a major strength. how long did he sign for? glenn, legursky,wood, urbik, hairston --- sanders, young, brown, pears ---- ps - chibane

How many different players are you going to pencil in as Levitre's replacement and as a good starting caliber player? It started off with Sanders moving there and then it was Young who was going to be the guy. I think there was another one somewhere in there too. We have so many good guards we should trade one or two of them.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-05-2013, 10:45 PM
How many different players are you going to pencil in as Levitre's replacement and as a good starting caliber player? It started off with Sanders moving there and then it was Young who was going to be the guy. I think there was another one somewhere in there too. We have so many good guards we should trade one or two of them.

going off notes from otas son

ServoBillieves
06-06-2013, 07:56 AM
a day in the life of the newest Bill

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r1Iczbc-lbg?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Where he's from in Beckley is gorgeous. Everyone can make their cracks about West Virginia but New River Gorge and that general area along 77 is a great scenic place.

better days
06-06-2013, 08:40 AM

I wanted to pay Levitre & keep him in Buffalo but the vast majority of this board did not want the Bills to do that. The majority thought he was easy to replace & was all for letting Levitre walk.

But as I said before, the Bills lost ONE QUALITY starter, Levitre. The vast majority of teams have lost at least one starter with some teams losing much more than that

Meathead
06-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Where he's from in Beckley is gorgeous. Everyone can make their cracks about West Virginia but New River Gorge and that general area along 77 is a great scenic place.

he does have a mighty purdy mouth

trapezeus
06-06-2013, 10:21 AM
the curse of NTD has struck again.

i'm happy with the signing. they gave up a solid starter and his back up through free agency's start. they didn't draft much in the way of linemen - in a line heavy draft.

on one had you have to have some faith marrone's OL coaching can get lower end players up to snuff, on the other hand, you have to be terrified that they had a good thing last year and will have a hard time replicating that with a new system and not a lot of depth.

Just getting OL into the mix for injuries and competition is a good thing.

to think that last year will carry over to this year is short sighted.

I also think we are going to see Fred Jackson potentially hit a wall. he seemed to bounce back from his injuries slower. and i think marrone will use CJ much more willingly. so his injury rate may go up. and if Freddie is close to being done, then we don't really have much of a run game if CJ goes down. and we have an injury prone qb and a rookie whose mechanics are being fixed.

doesn't look good to me if you have to play the odds.

Lone Stranger
06-06-2013, 10:28 AM
If this guy is so good why did the Steelers let him go?

The last buffalo fan
06-06-2013, 01:10 PM
It is always a money issue. It could be something similar to what we had with Levitre, good player but wasn't worth the asked money, I think.

better days
06-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Cap space. He is a good guy to have on the team because he is versatle, but he was injured last year & did not have a good season & is easily replaced.

I hope he does not win the starting LG job or we may be in trouble. But he is a good player to have sitting on the bench in case of injury.

cookie G
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
It is always a money issue. It could be something similar to what we had with Levitre, good player but wasn't worth the asked money, I think.

I have no idea what his contract is with the Bills, or what he was asking from the Steelers, but he made around 1.2 million last year in Pitt.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5262/doug-legursky

This is now the 4th former Steeler OL signed by the Bills in the past few years

better days
06-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I have no idea what his contract is with the Bills, or what he was asking from the Steelers, but he made around 1.2 million last year in Pitt.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5262/doug-legursky

This is now the 4th former Steeler OL signed by the Bills in the past few years

That was probably the last year of his rookie deal. I'm sure the Bills paid him MORE than that as the Steelers would have had to do as well.

ServoBillieves
06-06-2013, 07:01 PM
he does have a mighty purdy mouth

He likes them french fried taters as well rrrmmmhmm.

BillsFever21
06-06-2013, 07:15 PM
I wanted to pay Levitre & keep him in Buffalo but the vast majority of this board did not want the Bills to do that. The majority thought he was easy to replace & was all for letting Levitre walk.

But as I said before, the Bills lost ONE QUALITY starter, Levitre. The vast majority of teams have lost at least one starter with some teams losing much more than that

I wanted Levitre back too but I didn't even bring that up since it's done and over with. I was talking about how NTD has named about every person on the OL roster as a great candidate for his replacement at one point or another LOL. I'm sure there will be plenty more once camp begins. If that's the case then we have the best line in the history of the NFL and we need to trade all of these great quality starting backups to improve the team.

As far as losing him goes sure just about every team loses a starter(s) but the vast majority of the teams already have a lot more quality starters then we do and/or they already had viable replacements set to take over for them. That and some brought in other viable starters to add to the team. The Bills losing a quality starter isn't the same as the 49ers losing a quality starter.

BillsFever21
06-06-2013, 07:18 PM
going off notes from otas son

Did all of this great blocking ability you have seen come from all of the no contact OTA sessions? LOL

better days
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I wanted Levitre back too but I didn't even bring that up since it's done and over with. I was talking about how NTD has named about every person on the OL roster as a great candidate for his replacement at one point or another LOL. I'm sure there will be plenty more once camp begins. If that's the case then we have the best line in the history of the NFL and we need to trade all of these great quality starting backups to improve the team.

As far as losing him goes sure just about every team loses a starter(s) but the vast majority of the teams already have a lot more quality starters then we do and/or they already had viable replacements set to take over for them. That and some brought in other viable starters to add to the team. The Bills losing a quality starter isn't the same as the 49ers losing a quality starter.

Agreed. Levitre will not be as easy to replace as many on this board thought.

RedEyE
06-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Its like having our very own Larry The Cable Guy.

THATHURMANATOR
06-07-2013, 08:55 AM
The guy did start in the superbowl a few years back.

Not sure why we are complaining about signing a veteran who has experience and multiple positions??

better days
06-07-2013, 09:35 AM
The guy did start in the superbowl a few years back.

Not sure why we are complaining about signing a veteran who has experience and multiple positions??

Well, he started at Center. I think he is a good signing, but mostly as a back up.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Did all of this great blocking ability you have seen come from all of the
no contact OTA sessions? LOL
if you think ota sessions are not competitive, and no contact, and coaches are not making evaluations, you never played ball past hs and have no clue. like jim mora said, you think you know but you never will...

NOT THE DUDE...
06-07-2013, 09:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHipzGL4dwM

feldspar
06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Legursky can squat 705 pounds.

cookie G
06-07-2013, 02:11 PM
That was probably the last year of his rookie deal. I'm sure the Bills paid him MORE than that as the Steelers would have had to do as well.

He didn't have a rookie deal. He's a former UDFA/practice squad player.

His contract for 2012 was a 1 year deal. The Steelers never offered him a new contract this year.

cookie G
06-07-2013, 02:20 PM

I've only driven through WVA once. It reminds me of the Ozarks in Southern Missouri. And that's complimentary. It is beautiful country.

GingerP
06-07-2013, 03:08 PM
His contract for 2012 was a 1 year deal. The Steelers never offered him a new contract this year.

He played last year on the low-level RFA tender, which was $1.26M. He was an UFA this year.

It is doubtful that the cap had anything to do with Legursky being out there. At this point in the free agent process he is just looking for a shot to earn an roster spot, and would have no leverage to negotiate. He likely signed a 1-year non-guaranteed deal that pays him the minimum salary for a player with his experience, which is $715K. Because that would qualify for the Veteran Minimum Salary Exception his cap number would only be $555K. He probably even has a salary split in his deal, so he earns less if injured and placed on IR.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-07-2013, 03:34 PM

Yeah teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore and New England lose players to free agency because they have too much talent to afford it all. Buffalo loses players because they gave out contracts to bums.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-07-2013, 05:38 PM
WHAT IS DOUGS CONTRACT?

BillsFever21
06-07-2013, 06:14 PM
if you think ota sessions are not competitive, and no contact, and coaches are not making evaluations, you never played ball past hs and have no clue. like jim mora said, you think you know but you never will...

Of course the coaches are evaluating them but it's in the CBA that contact isn't allowed during OTA's. That's why they are in shorts and no pads. I guess the Bills are just breaking the rules.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Of course the coaches are evaluating them but it's in the CBA that contact isn't allowed during OTA's. That's why they are in shorts and no pads. I guess the Bills are just breaking the rules.

Just because they are in shorts and no pads doesn't mean there is no serious contact bro

Mace
06-08-2013, 11:47 PM
6th in rushing, less than 30 sacks allowed, young oline, pff If you have a head for numbers, Pittsburgh's interior o-line was junk. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.

27th in run blocking to our previous 8th, 15th in pass protection to our 10th and 31st to our 6th up the gut. Oh yeah, we grabbed a gem. That said, Steelers boards are unhappy they lost him, so it defaults to adequate replacement for Chad Rinehardt. Good to know though he was mentored by the utterly woeful previous Bills o-line coach Sean Kugler who the Steelers inexplicably grabbed to protect Big Ben after he did such an awesome job with the Bills line back in the Jauron days.

Best argument is that he couldn't start on a bad line, but might be not bad because you never know.

And Kudos to UTEP who have a Sean Kugler as head coach. Good luck with that.

swiper
06-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Agreed. Levitre will not be as easy to replace as many on this board thought.

While others on this board continue to make too big a deal out of the guard position. He's a guard. C'mon.

swiper
06-09-2013, 05:15 AM
If you have a head for numbers, Pittsburgh's interior o-line was junk. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.

27th in run blocking to our previous 8th, 15th in pass protection to our 10th and 31st to our 6th up the gut. Oh yeah, we grabbed a gem. That said, Steelers boards are unhappy they lost him, so it defaults to adequate replacement for Chad Rinehardt. Good to know though he was mentored by the utterly woeful previous Bills o-line coach Sean Kugler who the Steelers inexplicably grabbed to protect Big Ben after he did such an awesome job with the Bills line back in the Jauron days.

Best argument is that he couldn't start on a bad line, but might be not bad because you never know.

And Kudos to UTEP who have a Sean Kugler as head coach. Good luck with that.

Agree with all that. But remember the Steelers gave up on Urbik too. He's no world-beater, however he did turn out to be competent.

X-Era
06-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Well, he started at Center. I think he is a good signing, but mostly as a back up.Which still is a good signing.

I really don't get it. Chris Scott and Sam Young are so damn good that we have no need for competition?

better days
06-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Which still is a good signing.

I really don't get it. Chris Scott and Sam Young are so damn good that we have no need for competition?

I agree he is a good signing. Even if he never starts a game.

I have read the Steeler boards to see what their fans think about losing him & it is like reading this board.

Their thoughts range from he will be missed, sorry to lose him, wish him luck in Buffalo, to glad he is gone.

Mace
06-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Agree with all that. But remember the Steelers gave up on Urbik too. He's no world-beater, however he did turn out to be competent. Very.