PDA

View Full Version : Sabres info

tampabay25690
06-07-2013, 03:46 PM
OK my friends.....

This is what I have for you as of today!

Sabres are undecided on Vanek and Miller.
There was NO chance that Miller was going to be moved at the deadline last season but yea some things have changed.

Neither guy wants to be moved and that is a fact, or you can listen to the media that is making it sound like they want out!!!
Absolute opposite.

Will both or 1 be gone its up in the air but dont be surprised to see both back with the Sabres.

Why would you move the 2 players that are your stars???
But what I know is both will be back as of today unless there is a guy they want bad.
Yes look for Leino to get bought out thats a given...

OpIv37
06-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Why would you move two players that are stars? Well, their contracts are up next year and there's a good chance we won't be able to re-sign them and will lose them for nothing.

Better to get something now.

I have a hard time believing that neither wants out. Vanek- I could maybe buy that he doesn't want out but I don't know why he'd want to waste his prime on a rebuilding team instead of going to a contender. Miller is on the downside of his career and his next contract will likely be his last, or at least his last as a starter. There are the rumors about his wife, and let's face it- the organization hasn't exactly treated him well. They give huge contracts to guys like Stafford and Leino after he took less money to stay, they overplayed him almost every year of his career, and of course the Lucic incident. Combine that stuff with the fact that he's getting old and we are 2 or 3 years away (at least) from being contenders, and I just don't buy that he still wants to be here.

Good news on Leino. What a waste.

Night Train
06-07-2013, 07:34 PM
There are no stars on teams consistently missing the playoffs.

tampabay25690
06-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Why would you move two players that are stars? Well, their contracts are up next year and there's a good chance we won't be able to re-sign them and will lose them for nothing.

Better to get something now.

I have a hard time believing that neither wants out. Vanek- I could maybe buy that he doesn't want out but I don't know why he'd want to waste his prime on a rebuilding team instead of going to a contender. Miller is on the downside of his career and his next contract will likely be his last, or at least his last as a starter. There are the rumors about his wife, and let's face it- the organization hasn't exactly treated him well. They give huge contracts to guys like Stafford and Leino after he took less money to stay, they overplayed him almost every year of his career, and of course the Lucic incident. Combine that stuff with the fact that he's getting old and we are 2 or 3 years away (at least) from being contenders, and I just don't buy that he still wants to be here.

Good news on Leino. What a waste.

I do agree about some u said...
Miller has been treated like crap by the organization and he has never asked to be traded out.

I dont see Vanek leaving if anything Miller....

I do know for 150%% that Miller was never going to be shipped out then all the rumors were flying from the media....It was funny for me to listen since I was with them in Tampa before the trade deadline.....Tampa was the destinantion if any but was never happening with them coming to our division. Tampa was offering plenty for Ryan.

Miller is a fav by Terry and the rest of the management so it will take a lot for him to be gone...
We will see, things change everyday.

My gut says its 80/20 if he stays or goes, 80% staying.....
If anything he stays and if the Sabres are bad he is gone mid season.....
Just my feeling..

Skooby
06-08-2013, 10:04 PM
The Ville is sold, that's a lock. Vanek actually scores some goals but Miller is a complete head case, which is obviously a concern. Maybe there's a sign that we because we can beat Boston regularly, there's hope.

Tickets should be easier to get this coming season, we rimmed the tank again.

swiper
06-09-2013, 05:17 AM
How has Miller been treated like crap by the organization?

tampabay25690
06-09-2013, 07:45 AM
How has Miller been treated like crap by the organization?

You serious?
I probably will say more the awful Buffalo media that tries to find anything to write a story on a star..
Look at the Kaleta vs Miller crap that happened....
So many examples I don't have the time.

YankeeInRaleigh
06-09-2013, 08:47 AM
We have absolutely got to get rid of miller ASAP imo. We already know we're rebuilding, we won't be competitive for the next few years, it makes zero sense to have a goalie like miller do time in a situation like that. Trade him for some great picks/prospects.

trapezeus
06-10-2013, 08:17 AM
what was tampa offering for miller?

my concern with miller is that the org doesn't ship him this offseason and does as you say and deals him mid year during a bad year. that's less in return, and the team will be bad.

chances are the sabres will suck next year given no talent and minimal heart. Trade miller, and get some players in. let OTT be the captain, hold people accountable without stepping on a veteran like miller's toes, and compete.

If they do it the way described above, they will surely get no value for miller during a season the were "trying" to be relevant.

the fanbase will be more sympathetic and supportive of new blood trying than old blood still falling short.

that being said, you can't trade the guy for peanuts so if no one is offering, then he stays.

DetDannyWilliams
06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Ott doesn't want to be a captain, speculation Mike Weber will be the Captain. http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130517/SPORTS/130519254/1104

swiper
06-10-2013, 12:53 PM
You serious?
I probably will say more the awful Buffalo media that tries to find anything to write a story on a star..
Look at the Kaleta vs Miller crap that happened....
So many examples I don't have the time.

The media is the media. I wouldn't question that. But give one example how the Sabres organizations have treated him poorly.

OpIv37
06-10-2013, 01:00 PM
The media is the media. I wouldn't question that. But give one example how the Sabres organizations have treated him poorly.

He took less money to stay then they give huge contracts to asshats like Leino and Stafford.
They never got sufficient back-up and overplayed him pretty much every single year.
They wasted his prime because Darcy stuck to his core and wouldn't bring in the players they needed to win.
They didn't have the grit to stand up for him after the Lucic incident.

OpIv37
06-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Ott doesn't want to be a captain, speculation Mike Weber will be the Captain. http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130517/SPORTS/130519254/1104

Ott's a good leader but not captain material. Captains sometimes need the diplomacy to diffuse a situation with the refs or the other team. Ott is more of the "throw gasoline on the fire" type.

PTI
06-10-2013, 01:02 PM

I don't see in the article that it says Ott doesn't want to be, but I am nos surprised, self awareness is a good thing, he knows he is an unpredictable dick, and likes being like that, and that is not what a captain should be.

Dude
06-10-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't see in the article that it says Ott doesn't want to beHis name isn't even mentioned. But consider the source.

gebobs
06-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Someone today said they should package Miller, Vanek, and the #8 for Colorado's #1.

Hello what? Dude, let's just give thanks that Darcy is a bit more shrewd than that.

swiper
06-13-2013, 05:48 AM
He took less money to stay then they give huge contracts to asshats like Leino and Stafford.
They never got sufficient back-up and overplayed him pretty much every single year.
They wasted his prime because Darcy stuck to his core and wouldn't bring in the players they needed to win.

Your first three are weak. And they fired Ruff. What more would you like? Stop babying the baby.

They have NOT treated Ryan Miller badly.

swiper
06-13-2013, 05:49 AM
Someone today said they should package Miller, Vanek, and the #8 for Colorado's #1.

Hello what? Dude, let's just give thanks that Darcy is a bit more shrewd than that.

They can have Miller, Stafford and #8 in a minute.

chernobylwraiths
06-13-2013, 07:11 AM

I wouldn't say any of that, nor that it was the "organization's fault".
He was one of the top paid goaltenders when the contract was signed (and still is up there)
They had sufficient backups, they just never played him.
While this can't be refuted, I don't think it is an example of treating Miller poorly. More like treated the fans poorly.
That was the team, not the organization. Organization went out and got John Scott.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't say any of that, nor that it was the "organization's fault".
He was one of the top paid goaltenders when the contract was signed (and still is up there)
They had sufficient backups, they just never played him.
While this can't be refuted, I don't think it is an example of treating Miller poorly. More like treated the fans poorly.
That was the team, not the organization. Organization went out and got John Scott.

If they had sufficient back-ups, they would have played them. There's a reason those guys rode the pine.

I absolutely think it's an example of treating guys like Miller and Vanek poorly- expect them to win without getting the tools to do it.

The org got John Scott LAST YEAR. They said they were going to get tougher and more physical when Drury and Briere left in 2007. That's a 5 year void. And it was too late for Miller as they got Scott AFTER the Lucic incident.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Your first three are weak. And they fired Ruff. What more would you like? Stop babying the baby.

They have NOT treated Ryan Miller badly.

You calling them weak doesn't make it so. They fired Ruff like what, 25 games ago? Miller wasted his prime in that POS system. They have treated him badly.

chernobylwraiths
06-13-2013, 09:08 AM
If they had sufficient back-ups, they would have played them. There's a reason those guys rode the pine.

I absolutely think it's an example of treating guys like Miller and Vanek poorly- expect them to win without getting the tools to do it.

The org got John Scott LAST YEAR. They said they were going to get tougher and more physical when Drury and Briere left in 2007. That's a 5 year void. And it was too late for Miller as they got Scott AFTER the Lucic incident.

That is simply not true. The only time we ever played the backups more than a game or two was because of injury. That was all Lindy.

They had the tools, but kept letting them go.

I don't think they ever publicly said they needed to get tougher except for the last couple of years, especially last year. They might have said it is going to GET tougher after Briere and Drury left though.

swiper
06-15-2013, 06:03 PM
You calling them weak doesn't make it so. They fired Ruff like what, 25 games ago? Miller wasted his prime in that POS system. They have treated him badly.

When Ruff goes somewhere else and succeeds and Miller continues to be a whiny littly loser, then I'll remind you of this herculian post.

Skooby
06-16-2013, 10:37 AM
When Ruff goes somewhere else and succeeds and Miller continues to be a whiny littly loser, then I'll remind you of this herculian post.

Ruff picks favorites and sticks with them, kiss of death for coaches.

swiper
06-17-2013, 12:32 PM

Definitely one of his problems.

SabreEleven
06-17-2013, 07:38 PM
But it helped Ruff hand on for 15+ years.

swiper
06-18-2013, 05:18 AM
But it helped Ruff hand on for 15+ years.

You can't criticize the guy for finding job security at a position that typically has none. You can, and should, criticize his boss however IMO for allowing it. Barry Trotz was hired in 1998 and hasn't done anything particularly spectacular either.