PDA

View Full Version : Tebows back...

The King
06-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Schefter reports the Pats are signing Tebow, he'll be reporting tomorrow.

jamesiscool
06-10-2013, 04:32 PM
greeeaatttt....

trapezeus
06-10-2013, 04:33 PM
christ and satan together...awesome.

jimmifli
06-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Odds he starts taking snaps at TE? If anyone could convince him to do it...

X-Era
06-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Upside: The Patriots have downgraded yet another roster spot considering any legitimate QB or WR is a better NFL player.

Dowside: The Patriots are blown way too much already by the media and now have added the NFL's biggest hype machine.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-10-2013, 04:51 PM

So the Mormons were correct in that regard afterall? :D

trapezeus
06-10-2013, 04:55 PM
it would be excellent if tebow gets the pats cheating system taught to him and then can't live with himself and blows the cover off the story of how they cheat and get the * firmly planted on their "championships"

then i can finally see what value tebow has in the nfl.

Mr. Pink
06-10-2013, 04:55 PM
He'll be cut.

EDS
06-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Yup, or at least some h-back hybrid.

Mr. Pink
06-10-2013, 04:59 PM
:rofl:

at the thought Tebow would take snaps from Hernandez or Gronk.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2013, 05:00 PM
It makes sense. He's no threat to the starter whatsoever and Belichick and McD have job security enough to develop him. This is his chance.

THRILLHO
06-10-2013, 05:02 PM
So?

coastal
06-10-2013, 05:04 PM
My wife just stated she has a reason now to root for the Patriots.

i might as file the order of protection for her now.

Blondie
06-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I am soooo happy!

Looks like I will be a Pats fan next year!!!

Gooooooo Tebow!!!!

JoeMama
06-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I like this move because it doesn't intimidate me as a Bills fan. Unlike most moves the Patriots make.

It'll be interesting to see what role The Hoodie has in mind for Tebow.

JoeMama
06-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I am soooo happy!

Gooooooo Tebow!!!!

This is the #1 drawback to signing Tebow.

All his groupies come with him like they're part of the deal.

If the Bills signed him -- and thank goodness they didn't -- this kind of fandom would bother me. I don't like it when non-Bills fans come out of the woodwork and instantly have a dog in our personnel battles. And with Tebow, a lot of times you see non-football fans joining the fray who are motivated solely by religious or political reasons. I don't want those freaks associated with my team.

My ex-girlfriend's family had more pictures of the Tebow family on their fridge than of themselves. Tebow fans get so weird with it.

GingerP
06-10-2013, 05:34 PM
If he shows progress, he'll be a 3rd string QB in hopes they can develop him. If not, they cut him. While he learns, maybe he can help out somewhere else, like a Jim Jenson kind of player. No real downside for them.

The funny part is, if Tebow does well he won't be heard from for the next year. Brady isn't coming out of the game for some Wildcat QB, and Tebow is a 3rd string/developmental guy. I guarantee they won't be a press conference for him signing like there was in NY. He'll become just another player, assuming he doesn't just suck enough for them to cut him before the season.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-10-2013, 05:38 PM
again with the new 46 man active roster, the 3 rd qb is an emergency qb( not a competent one), and can play rb/te/wr/fb/lb/special teams, etc... this is that type of signing, like brad smith...

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2013, 05:43 PM
again with the new 46 man active roster, the 3 rd qb is an emergency qb( not a competent one), and can play rb/te/wr/fb/lb/special teams, etc... this is that type of signing, like brad smith...

Oh for the love of god, TEBOW IS NOT A LINEBACKER.

Typ0
06-10-2013, 05:51 PM
this is perhaps the best media move in the history of the NFL. They are going to use him on finesse plays and the media will focus most on him leaving the rest of the team along. Very cunning and a solid move for the psychology of the team. In NY the guy was a cancer and in a well minded program like the pats he's got a lot of value....

Blondie
06-10-2013, 05:54 PM

If the Bills signed him -- and thank goodness they didn't -- this kind of fandom would bother me. I don't like it when non-Bills fans come out of the woodwork and instantly have a dog in our personnel battles. And with Tebow, a lot of times you see non-football fans joining the fray who are motivated solely by religious or political reasons. I don't want those freaks associated with my team.

My ex-girlfriend's family had more pictures of the Tebow family on their fridge than of themselves. Tebow fans get so weird with it.

I adopted a dog in 2008 because his name is Tebow.

coastal
06-10-2013, 05:59 PM
****ing concrete pissing Tebow.

GingerP
06-10-2013, 06:09 PM

Maybe he can play a little NT too.

I'll tell you what, Bob Kraft must be loving this move. They are going to sell tons of Tebow jerseys.

JoeMama
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM

Well it's good to see you're finding healthy outlets for your Tebowmania!

The Jokeman
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Schefter reports the Pats are signing Tebow, he'll be reporting tomorrow.

I know Belichick went on record to say he didn't hate him but damn now he's signing him to prove it? Yet I will say if there was ever a coach that could deal with the media circus that is Tebow Bill might be the perfect one for it.

JoeMama
06-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Maybe he can play a little NT too.

LOLZ

Isn't it funny how Tebow fans think he can do anything?

Like he's Bugs Bunny in that episode where he plays all 9 positions on the baseball diamond.

"First base, Bugs Bunny! Second base, Bugs Bunny!" etc etc

Meathead
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
watch me paralyze this pathetic palooka with a powerful paralyzing perfect pachydermous percussion pitch

NOT THE DUDE...
06-10-2013, 07:22 PM

EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY, ............ can you read???

SpikedLemonade
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM

Too short.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I am soooo happy!

Gooooooo Tebow!!!!

Coasty now has legitimate grounds for divorce. :D

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2013, 07:36 PM
EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY, ............ can you read???

Tebow is not an emergency linebacker. If your depth chart is so freaking depleted that you have to use your 3rd string QB as a linebacker - forfeit.

Meathead
06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
tebow to the cheats

oooo im scaared

Mike13
06-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Tim Tebow lacks the Football IQ to pick up Tony Sparano's offensive system in NY,
So how the hell is he gonna understand Bellichick's system?

NOT THE DUDE...
06-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Tebow is not an emergency linebacker. If your depth chart is so freaking depleted that you have to use your 3rd string QB as a linebacker - forfeit.

in an emergency, yes he can, he played special teams for the jets on punt coverage dumbass... he can be a qb/fb/hb/rb/te/ lb/ and special teams same with brad smith

kishoph
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Good, let the Tebow circus infect the Pats.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2013, 07:53 PM
in an emergency, yes he can, he played special teams for the jets on punt coverage dumbass... he can be a qb/fb/hb/rb/te/ lb/ and special teams same with brad smith

He was a punt protector, FFS. You do realize there's about a mile of difference between the two? This is as ridiculous as you claiming Brad Smith could play db.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
He was a punt protector, FFS. You do realize there's about a mile of difference between the two? This is as ridiculous as you claiming Brad Smith could play db.

so he has to tackle someone correct? lol? wow

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say he could, I said he could in AN EMERGENCY.... read read read

BillsFever21
06-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I wonder how many games it will take for the Tebow fans to say he should be playing instead of Brady? Maybe after their first loss they would probably say he could lead them to more wins.

I wouldn't want this circus anywhere near my team for the value of play he represents. I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick gets sick of during training camp and he doesn't even make the team.

BillsFever21
06-10-2013, 08:21 PM
The thought of Tebow as a LB even on an emergency basis is so damn stupid I'm not even going to get into it.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-10-2013, 08:33 PM
The thought of Tebow as a LB even on an emergency basis is so damn stupid I'm not even going to get into it.

than why was he on the coverage units?? your not making sense, when he was asked to tackle people. again, its in case a few lbs go down, but he obviously mostly a offensive guy. your arguing about something that is obvious and insignificant. he was on the coverage units lol

BillsFever21
06-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I think they can even use Tebow as a DE when it's needed. The guy can play anywhere. I'd write him a 10 year contract with a blank check if I was a GM.

Meathead
06-10-2013, 08:51 PM
ok i looked it up. actually its

"Watch me paste 'dis pathetic palooka with a powerful, paralyzing, perfect, pachydermous, percussion pitch."

that sounds more like it

Mace
06-10-2013, 09:00 PM
If he can make it there he'll make it anywhere......

He can't throw or I read, catch, but he can run heftily. I'd hate to see his career end this fast so woo ! I'll kind of be real amused if Belichick uses him in everyones face, and then people will try and say Belichick is not all that. Or I'll scoff at the failure and say Belichick is not all that in which case it's another woo. Win/win. Really hate Belichick but it's fun to watch whatever he is doing when he is evidently doing it or might not be, but he's reading the paper and snickers at you for thinking it was a big deal.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2013, 09:04 PM
than why was he on the coverage units??

HINT: It wasn't for his tackling ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPj5HAtCrUA

your not making sense, when he was asked to tackle people. again, its in case a few lbs go down, but he obviously mostly a offensive guy. your arguing about something that is obvious and insignificant. he was on the coverage units lol

Is tackling is all that's required of a linebacker?

gebobs
06-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't like it when non-Bills fans come out of the woodwork and instantly have a dog in our personnel battles.

This is a hypothetical, right?

TigerJ
06-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Odds he starts taking snaps at TE? If anyone could convince him to do it...I was listening to ESPN radio tonight (translation - no link) and they were saying he was signed to play QB. I'm thinking Bill Belichick figures there's going to be some carryover in the Jets offensive play book from last season to the upcoming one. Obviously the Patriots are secure enough in their QB situation to be confident that fans aren't going to be calling for Bellichick to start Tebow.

JoeMama
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
This is a hypothetical, right?

Of course.

We haven't had an influx of idiot fans of an individual player since 2002 when we rolled out the red carpet for Drew Bledsoe.

His fans were unbearable. I was so glad when they all defected to Dallas in 2004.

I couldn't handle a repeat of that experience. Especially given that Tebow's fans are a million times more obnoxious.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-10-2013, 10:19 PM
HINT: It wasn't for his tackling ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPj5HAtCrUA

Is tackling is all that's required of a linebacker?

you don't seem to comprehend emergency backup, like troy brown playing cb, or calvin Johnson playing db... good lord

BillsFever21
06-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Of course.

We haven't had an influx of idiot fans of an individual player since 2002 when we rolled out the red carpet for Drew Bledsoe.

His fans were unbearable. I was so glad when they all defected to Dallas in 2004.

I couldn't handle a repeat of that experience. Especially given that Tebow's fans are a million times more obnoxious.

That stuff was terrible. They weren't fans of the Bills but were just fans of Bledsoe. As you said there are millions more of Tebow fans and worse of all is he completely sucks as a QB and not just slightly average like Bledsoe was when we got him.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2013, 10:56 PM
you don't seem to comprehend emergency backup, like troy brown playing cb, or calvin Johnson playing db... good lord

You don't seem to comprehend that he's never played a snap of linebacker, and the fact that he played punt protector and maybe had to tackle a returner once is utterly irrelevant. There is no situation so dire that you would think playing Tebow at linebacker is a good option. LMAO @ you if you think Detroit keeps Calvin Johnson around so he can sub in at DB on hail mary plays.

You have this weird fetish for "versatility." Tebow can run well, and he's big, so people think he can play h-back. Why? He's never caught a single pass in college or high school. Tom Brady has more career receptions than Tebow, FFS.

BillsFever21
06-10-2013, 10:56 PM
When/if Kolb isn't starting this season we can always use him as an emergency LB, S, RB, K, P or on ST coverage everyone. We should feel fortunate we signed him.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2013, 10:58 PM
When/if Kolb isn't starting this season we can always use him as an emergency LB, S, RB, K, P or on ST coverage everyone. We should feel fortunate we signed him.

Kolb is irrelevant, Mario Williams has played OLB and DE, so we can just make him our #3 halfback, tightend, and head scout. For emergencies.

BillsFever21
06-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Kolb is irrelevant, Mario Williams has played OLB and DE, so we can just make him our #3 halfback, tightend, and head scout. For emergencies.

Good idea. Kolb hasn't ever played anything else at the collegiate or pro level plus he's pretty brittle. He would definitely get hurt playing anything besides kicker or punter. If we did need a kicker or punter in an EMERGENCY then we could trot him out there though.

We will save a ton of roster spaces if we use Mario in them positions. We could also use other guys like Aaron Williams and McKelvin in emergencies to fill in too.

BADTHINGSMAN
06-11-2013, 02:09 AM
In an absolute emergency Ralph Wilson could return kicks.

kishoph
06-11-2013, 02:56 AM
In an absolute emergency Ralph Wilson could return kicks.

I had to laugh when I seen this, because I was thinking the exact same thing.

Night Train
06-11-2013, 04:39 AM
I hope the media circus puts Belechick into a frenzy. This should be good.

Tebow will say " I'm excited " 187 times at the press conference. Drink a shot every time he says it. :up:

swiper
06-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Tebow to be the the new Teddy Bruschi. Superman of New England.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-11-2013, 07:39 AM
You don't seem to comprehend that he's never played a snap of linebacker, and the fact that he played punt protector and maybe had to tackle a returner once is utterly irrelevant. There is no situation so dire that you would think playing Tebow at linebacker is a good option. LMAO @ you if you think Detroit keeps Calvin Johnson around so he can sub in at DB on hail mary plays.

You have this weird fetish for "versatility." Tebow can run well, and he's big, so people think he can play h-back. Why? He's never caught a single pass in college or high school. Tom Brady has more career receptions than Tebow, FFS.

then why was he on coverage units? youre being illogical. position versatility doesn't mean you are actually good at some of those spots, otherwise they would start or be a main backup there. let it go man, lol I didn't say calvin is kept for being a db, I said he can do that in an emergency or special option... again, learn to comprehend words. you are making it sound like lindell can play db in an emergency. good god, what a nut

- - - Updated - - -

its like saying dan klecko couldn't be a te or guard in an emergency...

NOT THE DUDE...
06-11-2013, 07:41 AM

hmmm, did Mario Williams play te in hs? like warren sapp? stop trying to cover up how ignorant you are, its only making it worse

- - - Updated - - -

the last 4-5 guys on the 53 can usually play a few spots, but apparently you didn't know that

Blondie
06-11-2013, 07:47 AM
I wonder how many games it will take for the Tebow fans to say he should be playing instead of Brady? Maybe after their first loss they would probably say he could lead them to more wins.

I wouldn't want this circus anywhere near my team for the value of play he represents. I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick gets sick of during training camp and he doesn't even make the team.

No Tebow fan would ever think or say he is better than Brady.

gebobs
06-11-2013, 07:54 AM
then why was he on coverage units?
Gimmick. End of story. Tebow would embarrass himself if he EVER tried to make a tackle.

its like saying dan klecko couldn't be a te or guard in an emergency...
We'll see if he ever plays again.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-11-2013, 07:54 AM
dorin Dickerson cant be an emergency lb either, don't say that....lol

trapezeus
06-11-2013, 08:03 AM
you do realize that LB's get refered to as the QB of the defense, right? their responsibilities are pretty complex. To say that a guy with size can just step in and pick up the calls and lead a defense on an emergency basis, is pathetic. No team would ever do that.

They would go to the undrafted list and pick up a journeyman for the long haul. if it happened in a game, they'd slide to a 2 LB with more DB's and or a DE that drops into coverage.

Again, this is not madden. to ask a player to really learn all the positions for "emergency" purposes is unrealistic. then on top of that you give that responsibility to a dyslexic tebow and it's definitely not happening.

DynaPaul
06-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Even "The Genius" Bill Belichick won't find a use for this guy. The Patriots just became a laughing stock.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-11-2013, 08:08 AM
you do realize that LB's get refered to as the QB of the defense, right? their responsibilities are pretty complex. To say that a guy with size can just step in and pick up the calls and lead a defense on an emergency basis, is pathetic. No team would ever do that.

They would go to the undrafted list and pick up a journeyman for the long haul.
if it happened in a game, they'd slide to a 2 LB with more DB's and or a DE that drops into coverage.

Again, this is not madden. to ask a player to really learn all the positions for "emergency" purposes is unrealistic. then on top of that you give that responsibility to a dyslexic tebow and it's definitely not happening.

I am talking about a serious rash of injuries where out of 5 active lbs, 3 get hurt. would probably never happen, although ive seen a team from time to time lose 3 guys are one spot. then he can be an emergency backup/come in for a few plays. troy brown did this, marcus coleman for the jets played wr a little in special spots in 2000, dan klecko played de/rush lb/dt/fb/te/backup oline.... tebow can play te/hb/qb/fb/and even a little rb. since hes on coverage units, he can be an EMERGENCY LB, EMERGENCY. I was simply stating his athletic versatility. and to simply say it's unrealistic, when you only have 46 active players is dumb as ****. you need 4-5 guys that can play multiple spots. mike vrabel is another example. again, pure ignorance and beyond stupid. its a classic sign of someone who has never played ball beyond hs and spends too much time in fantasy football land . AGAIN, he wasn't signed as a qb, he was signed for his positional versatility with the new 46 man roster change

trapezeus
06-11-2013, 08:49 AM
they would never slide tebow over. i guarantee you that. if somehow in the pathetic career of tebow he ends up as LB, i'll straight up send you $20.

i'd even be willing to go with this premise if most of the stuff you say isn't ridiculous. but seeing that this is in line with a long line of nonsense put forth by you, i can't let it go. it will never happen. even in an emergency.

Bill Cody
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM

He'd be like 4th string there so what's the point? I think they may let him compete with Mallett for the backup job. And if Tebow shows something get what they can for Mallett. They may also put him out there in the red zone as an H back kind of guy, pitch him the ball let him run or throw it. I doubt Brady would stand for sitting 10-15 snaps a game.

OpIv37
06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm not really sure what Bellicheck wants from him. NE is loaded at TE and there's no way Tebow will take snaps from Gronk or Hernandez. They could use a Welker replacement but Tebow is too slow for that. They're not gonna sit Brady to give Tebow wildcat snaps. And if Brady gets hurt (God willing), there's no way they will piss the season away by letting Tebow start full time.

And I'm not even going to entertain the ridiculous thought of Tebow playing defense.

So what exactly are they doing with him?

justasportsfan
06-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I'd be worried if I were you guys. This means that THE NFL will do everything to make sure the Pats will win the SB the next 5 years.

GingerP
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM

He is their 3rd-string QB. Why over-complicate it.

OpIv37
06-11-2013, 09:51 AM
He is their 3rd-string QB. Why over-complicate it.

Because he can't play QB. There aren't a lot of starting QB options out there, but there are plenty of 3rd string options. Hell, TJax is a better third stringer than Tebow.

OpIv37
06-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I'd be worried if I were you guys. This means that THE NFL will do everything to make sure the Pats will win the SB the next 5 years.
Pretty sure they were gonna do that anyway- Brady getting near the end of his career, terror attack in Boston.... It's too perfect.

justasportsfan
06-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Pretty sure they were gonna do that anyway- Brady getting near the end of his career, terror attack in Boston.... It's too perfect.

love him or hate him, Tebow makes money for the NFL and the PAts have the most expensive ticket sales .

k-oneputt
06-11-2013, 10:02 AM
He is there to run scout team and give Belichick's defense a look at the read-option.

gebobs
06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
love him or hate him, Tebow makes money for the NFL and the PAts have the most expensive ticket sales .

LOL I doubt Patriots' ticket sales spike on this news.

ticatfan
06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Even the CFL did not want him. lol Nice circus coming.

jimmifli
06-11-2013, 11:15 AM
He'd be like 4th string there so what's the point? I think they may let him compete with Mallett for the backup job. And if Tebow shows something get what they can for Mallett. They may also put him out there in the red zone as an H back kind of guy, pitch him the ball let him run or throw it. I doubt Brady would stand for sitting 10-15 snaps a game.

They run enough 2 TE sets that he'd still see a few snaps. Mostly I was thinking Redzone for now, but if he proves he can do it, the Pats make a deal for picks.

Blondie
06-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Well has he signed??

Am I getting the best Birthday Present today ever?!?!?!

GingerP
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Well has he signed??

He is signed. He was at minicamp today. Here is proof: https://vine.co/v/blbHwDApir9

gebobs
06-11-2013, 11:28 AM
They run enough 2 TE sets that he'd still see a few snaps. Mostly I was thinking Redzone for now, but if he proves he can do it, the Pats make a deal for picks.
It's not an easy position since you need to be able to block, run precise routes, and catch balls in traffic to be a complete TE. Of course, Tebow doesn't need to be all that if he's just called in on passing downs. Then again, he hasn't caught a pass since Pop Warner either.

Wasn't there a big hoopla about an Aussie rules fellow signed by someone last year to play TE? How'd that go?

Mike13
06-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Well has he signed??

A Tim Tebow/Tom Brady Sex Tape?

NOT THE DUDE...
06-11-2013, 11:33 AM
they would never slide tebow over. i guarantee you that. if somehow in the pathetic career of tebow he ends up as LB, i'll straight up send you $20.

i'd even be willing to go with this premise if most of the stuff you say isn't ridiculous. but seeing that this is in line with a long line of nonsense put forth by you, i can't let it go. it will never happen. even in an emergency.

he covers kicks for Christ sake, drop it

OpIv37
06-11-2013, 11:50 AM
he covers kicks for Christ sake, drop it

And how exactly does covering kicks qualify him to play LB? He has one solo tackle and one assisted for a grand total of.... two.

And btw, you don't get to make a stupid point then tell other people to "drop it" when you get your ass handed to you in an argument.

justasportsfan
06-11-2013, 11:56 AM
time for a new avatar

trapezeus
06-11-2013, 12:12 PM
anyone think this is just belichick's "troll for information on the jets" and can the player before the official camp starts?

sukie
06-11-2013, 12:19 PM
anyone think this is just belichick's "troll for information on the jets" and can the player before the official camp starts?

Does anyone need inside info on the Jets? Really?

justasportsfan
06-11-2013, 12:24 PM
LOL I doubt Patriots' ticket sales spike on this news.

the jerseys should sell.

Funny move really. It will bring a lot of media attention to a headcoach who hates talking to media. Marsha will have to answer more questions about Tebow than about football.

gebobs
06-11-2013, 12:28 PM

Also, the Jets have a new system this year.

But trap's post and your response reminded me of a similar situation. I think it was last year when one of our divisional rivals signed one of our guys and people here (or was it The Range) speculated that it was for scouting. Like you, I lol'd at the mere thought of any team needing inside info that bad.

Then again, Belichick is a humongous douche so why put it past him?

Blondie
06-11-2013, 01:14 PM

can I be in the middle :D

IlluminatusUIUC
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM

TMZ.com

HAMMER
06-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Good Lord, some of you people bicker like school girls. Get a job.

gebobs
06-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Good Lord, some of you people bicker like school girls. Get a job.
What do you think I'm doing? :-)

mayotm
06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
can I be in the middle :D
No, but Coastal can.

coastal
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
No, but Coastal can.
Sick.

Typ0
06-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm not really sure what Bellicheck wants from him. NE is loaded at TE and there's no way Tebow will take snaps from Gronk or Hernandez. They could use a Welker replacement but Tebow is too slow for that. They're not gonna sit Brady to give Tebow wildcat snaps. And if Brady gets hurt (God willing), there's no way they will piss the season away by letting Tebow start full time.

And I'm not even going to entertain the ridiculous thought of Tebow playing defense.

They want the media frenzy to surround him which will allow the rest of them to focus on the football.

BillsFever21
06-11-2013, 06:53 PM
He didn't even get any guaranteed money. When/if Belicheck can't keep Tebow and the media circus under control he will cut him in a heartbeat if he doesn't see any value in him and it won't cost them anything. It doesn't matter if he can play QB, RB, TE, LB and ST or not.

X-Era
06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
he covers kicks for Christ sakeLiterally.

Novacane
06-11-2013, 08:16 PM

But they'll say he should start anyway

BillsFever21
06-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Don't be so sure with some of them crazies out there. Of course it wouldn't be a majority or even a large minority that would be claiming it but there will be some who will say/think it eventually. Hell there were even some out there who thought keeping Tebow instead of signing Manning was a better alternative for the Broncos.

BillsFever21
06-11-2013, 08:38 PM
What's Skip Bayless going to do now? He already has a love affair with Tom Brady and now his biggest man crush has also signed with the Patriots. That's all you will hear on FT everyday throughout the football season.

It's funny as hell reading a few of the user comments on the yahoo article. Some "Tebow fans" think he will be a top QB in a the NFL in a few years now and others think he will be the best TE in the NFL and are comparing him to Bavaro and some of the other great TE's to ever play the game. What a group of delusional people. And of course "his" fans are coming out of the woodwork and not fans of the Pats.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tebow-signs-pats-england-opens-134402003--nfl.html

gebobs
06-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Sick.
Thou doth protsteth too much, methinks.

better days
06-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Don't be so sure with some of them crazies out there. Of course it wouldn't be a majority or even a large minority that would be claiming it but there will be some who will say/think it eventually. Hell there were even some out there who thought keeping Tebow instead of signing Manning was a better alternative for the Broncos.

Well, how many years do you think Manning plays for the Broncos? Manning did not even get the Broncos as far as Tebow did his first year as a Bronco.

jimmifli
06-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Literally.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8X_Ot0k4XJc?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8X_Ot0k4XJc?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

jimmifli
06-12-2013, 12:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/m2xMHnS.jpg

kishoph
06-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Just because he has the size and athletic ability doesn't mean he can play TE, how many routes has this guy ran in his football career ? You have players that have played the position for 3-4 years in college that can't land a roster spot on any team and people expect Tebow to be a TE for the Pats, who probably gear their offense on the TE position more than any other team. As far as playing LB, that's just a joke. The Pats said that he will be competing for a QB spot, which is great, anytime you can get Brady off the field is a plus for the opposition. I'd love to see them yank Brady off the field on 3rd down and bring in Tebow and I'd bet that would go over real well with Brady also.

gebobs
06-12-2013, 04:14 AM
Well, how many years do you think Manning plays for the Broncos? Manning did not even get the Broncos as far as Tebow did his first year as a Bronco.

So the Broncos should have kept Tebow?

gebobs
06-12-2013, 04:15 AM
Just because he has the size and athletic ability doesn't mean he can play TE, how many routes has this guy ran in his football career ?
Zero. Not in pro or college.

JoeMama
06-12-2013, 09:01 AM

Oh yes a Tim Tebow fan would.

Most of them already say he's better than first ballot HOFer and Super Bowl champion, Peyton Manning.

better days
06-12-2013, 09:10 AM
So the Broncos should have kept Tebow?

As a fan of Tebow, I absolutely think the Broncos should have kept Tebow.

He could have developed behind Manning & when Manning retires in the next few years he would have been ready to take over.

And as much as I like Tebow I can never root for him while he is a Pat*.

JoeMama
06-12-2013, 09:19 AM

Saw this elsewhere but I really liked it.

Tim Tebow Embraces Pure Evil As Requirement of Patriots Contract

"All hail Satan," Says Pats Newest QB.

FOXBOROUGH, MA – As part of his contractual obligation to his new team, just-signed New England Patriots QB Tim Tebow renounced all allegiences to God, His son Jesus Christ, and the Southern Baptist religious faith, and pledged eternal loyalty to Lucifer, Prince of Darkness, as well as High Demonic Priest Bill Belichick, team sources confirmed today.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/EVIL-TIM-TEBOW-SIGNS-WITH-PATRIOTS-300x225_zps4e0dcb8a.png (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/EVIL-TIM-TEBOW-SIGNS-WITH-PATRIOTS-300x225_zps4e0dcb8a.png.html)

http://profootballmock.com/tim-tebow-embraces-pure-evil-as-requirement-of-patriots-contract/

gebobs
06-12-2013, 10:02 AM
He could have developed behind Manning & when Manning retires in the next few years he would have been ready to take over.
That's the opinion of a lot of people. Tebow wasn't ready for the NFL when he was drafted but it was possible he could be groomed. Possible, not necessarily probable. At 25, he's well behind the curve.

Personally, I think Mallet has more upside. Brady's 35 and though he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down, the end is (thankfully) within sight. Having those two guys gives the Patriots the leisure to toss the dice and hope it comes up seven. There is zero downside here for New England.

And if you ask me who is the better gimmick quarterback, Tebow or Brad Smiff, there's no question. And his contract over two years is $3.4 million compared to $7.5 million that Smith will take home.

justasportsfan
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
over.

And as much as I like Tebow I can never root for him while he is a Pat*.

I like Tebow too but wouldn't call myself a fan but he sold his soul to the dark side.

trapezeus
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM

one miscoverage "won" tebow a playoff game when he did mostly nothing during that game. One miscoverage by the broncos gave away a game where manning did enough to win in 58 minutes of football.

you need to get off of Tebow's excellence. he's a poor man's fitz. he had a couple good weeks greatly aided by a solid defense.

JoeMama
06-12-2013, 10:26 AM

Two things that are wrong here.

1) I think you mean Tebow's second year.

2) Manning's Broncos lost in the divisional round of the playoffs, same as Tebow.

So yes, Manning did get them as far. And he didn't rely on dumb luck, like winning a division with an 8-8 record and back-peddling into the playoffs (which seems criminal).

Also, football IS a team game... a Tebow fan should know that full well since Tebow would have been a nobody in 2011 without the Broncos D and Matt Prater.

better days
06-12-2013, 11:05 AM
one miscoverage "won" tebow a playoff game when he did mostly nothing during that game. One miscoverage by the broncos gave away a game where manning did enough to win in 58 minutes of football.

you need to get off of Tebow's excellence. he's a poor man's fitz. he had a couple good weeks greatly aided by a solid defense.

NO team that wins does so without good play by the defense. Tebow took advantage of the blown coverage as all good QBs do.

gebobs
06-12-2013, 11:40 AM
So yes, Manning did get them as far.
And with that blunt comparison, let's apply some magnification.

............Manning Tebow
Record....13-3......7-4
YPG........291.......123
Sack%.....3.5%....8.3%
Fumble%...1.0%....3.5%
INT%.......1.9%....2.5%
Rate.......105.8....72.9

In order to account for the different styles, I used both rushing attempts and pass attempts to calculate sack and fumble percentages.

I know better days isn't saying that Tebow is better than Manning. But when he says "Manning did not even get the Broncos as far as Tebow", he is comparing the two. So, as you say, he did take them as far. And he was far, far better doing it.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-12-2013, 11:43 AM

This is the part that slays me about Tebow's haters, they are just as myopic as the Tebowmaniacs they claim to hate.

Look back at the two Broncos playoff games you mentioned:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201201080den.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201301120den.htm

Tebow had 286 yards of offense, two touchdowns, zero turnovers in regulation, and the game only went into overtime because the Broncos couldn't stop a 10 point 4th quarter rally by the Steelers (aided by a McGahee fumble).

Yet he "did mostly nothing" during the game until the Thomas TD.

Meanwhile, Manning accounts for fewer yards, two game-breaking turnovers accounting for 10 points including the GW field goal, and gets two TDs gifted to him by Holliday.

Yet he's the one who "did enough to win."

Manning is a better QB then Tebow. Anybody sensible would say that. But it seems to me like Tebow outperformed him on this occasion.

better days
06-12-2013, 11:53 AM
And with that blunt comparison, let's apply some magnification.

............Manning Tebow
Record....13-3......7-4
YPG........291.......123
Sack%.....3.5%....8.3%
Fumble%...1.0%....3.5%
INT%.......1.9%....2.5%
Rate.......105.8....72.9

In order to account for the different styles, I used both rushing attempts and pass attempts to calculate sack and fumble percentages.

I know better days isn't saying that Tebow is better than Manning. But when he says "Manning did not even get the Broncos as far as Tebow", he is comparing the two. So, as you say, he did take them as far. And he was far, far better doing it.

Well, if comparisons are to be made, it should be to the games Manning played his first 2 years vs Tebows first 2 years.

My point about Manning was that the Broncos paid him a lot of money. Poor return on that investment thus far.

justasportsfan
06-12-2013, 11:54 AM
league minimum with no guaranties?

Sounds like Tebow was brought in to emulate Ej in their scout team.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM
league minimum with no guaranties?

Sounds like Tebow was brought in to emulate Ej in their scout team.

Yeah that's the big deal. Tebow can run all through training camp and get cut before opening day and the Patriots won't pay him a single dollar. In addition any schmuck like, say, Chickie that goes out and buys Pat gear is pure profit.

gebobs
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Well, if comparisons are to be made, it should be to the games Manning played his first 2 years vs Tebows first 2 years.
Nope. You compared Tebow 2011 to Manning 2012. All I'm doing is commenting on that comparison.

My point about Manning was that the Broncos paid him a lot of money. Poor return on that investment thus far.
I suppose, but not nearly as bad as the $33M max, $11M base and $9M guaranteed contract they gave Tebow. On top of that, the 1st round pick used.

GingerP
06-12-2013, 01:46 PM
I suppose, but not nearly as bad as the $33M max, $11M base and $9M guaranteed contract they gave Tebow. On top of that, the 1st round pick used.

though a 1st round pick was used, they actually used a 2nd, 3rd & 4th to trade for it. Baltimore took Sergio Kindle, Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta.

TacklingDummy
06-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Schefter reports the Pats are signing Tebow, he'll be reporting tomorrow. Sad thing is, Tebow will have more of a career than that Bust EJ Manuel.

TacklingDummy
06-12-2013, 11:13 PM

Yes, and you also wanted Johnson over Flutie. so we see what your opinion means..

kishoph
06-13-2013, 03:03 AM
It seems to me that Robert Kraftmay have led the charge to get Tebow and a lot of it had to do with his Spirituality. OMG

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211632/article/pats-owner-robert-kraft-tim-tebows-spirituality-a-plus

gebobs
06-13-2013, 04:59 AM
It seems to me that Robert Kraftmay have led the charge to get Tebow and a lot of it had to do with his Spirituality. OMG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l5-l7W6C7Ac/TdLzpGrAD-I/AAAAAAAAA-s/r6aLlz-_o4Q/s400/burns-excellent.gif]

gebobs
06-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Yes, and you also wanted Johnson over Flutie. so we see what your opinion means..

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbFwHr29gQLqwmOZl0Ykxm2apQVcP2yY4lX6mmySIBc60R6tq-

better days
06-13-2013, 09:47 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211632/article/pats-owner-robert-kraft-tim-tebows-spirituality-a-plus

Yeah, this is the reason the Pats* signed Tebow, Kraft wants to convert Tebow to Judaism

GingerP
06-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Right. Spirituality. Not jersey sales or anything.