Jeff Tuel-Possible Diamond in the Rough for Backup? Maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Jeff Tuel-Possible Diamond in the Rough for Backup? Maybe.

I'm excited that the Bills have EJ to run the show when the times come if Kolb is ineffective. I just watched Tuel and I'm quite impressed with this kid. He has a great arm accuracy and the Bills might have a steal in this kid. It's EJ's show in the future, but Tuel may be a solid backup behind him. What do you think?

Last edited by blackonyx89; 06-11-2013, 09:22 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jeff Tuel-Possible Diamond in the Rough for Backup? Maybe.

I'm not reading much into the release of TJax other than they'd rather give more reps to both EJ and Kolb. Tuel is an extra arm that eventually goes to PS
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

I think that EJ should start from day 1, not when Kolb is ineffective. Kolb's only job should be with a clipboard, mentoring 1 or 2 rookies.
      If Tuel shows enough that other teams might try to sign him, then he makes the roster, otherwise he's waived & put on the practice squad, and the depth chart is Manuel, Kolb & B.Smith, with Smith used mainly on ST & WR & as the 3rd string QB. Unless Tuel is a hot enough commodity to get claimed on waivers, there's no reason he takes up a roster spot when he will never touch the ball all season.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
        I think that EJ should start from day 1,
        I'll take my chances with Kolb vs. the Pats.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

Tuel is better then many think he is. His problem in college was injuries and coaching changes.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            I think that EJ should start from day 1, not when Kolb is ineffective. Kolb's only job should be with a clipboard, mentoring 1 or 2 rookies.
            If Tuel shows enough that other teams might try to sign him, then he makes the roster, otherwise he's waived & put on the practice squad, and the depth chart is Manuel, Kolb & B.Smith, with Smith used mainly on ST & WR & as the 3rd string QB. Unless Tuel is a hot enough commodity to get claimed on waivers, there's no reason he takes up a roster spot when he will never touch the ball all season.
            We don't want to torpedo EJ like we did to Losman and Edwards. Throwing him against the wolves in week 1 vs NE is just dumb. Let Kolb eat the 40 point loss and keep EJ's confidence up. Let him play clean up duty once the game is out of hand and any mistakes he makes are inconsequential to the outcome- that's it.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Captain Obvious
              I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Let Kolb eat the 40 point loss
              Once again you massively overexaggerate.. The Patriots have beat the Bills by 40+ points only once since Bellichick became coach of the Patriots

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

We don't want to torpedo EJ like we did to Losman and Edwards. Throwing him against the wolves in week 1 vs NE is just dumb. Let Kolb eat the 40 point loss and keep EJ's confidence up. Let him play clean up duty once the game is out of hand and any mistakes he makes are inconsequential to the outcome- that's it.
                Losman sat for year (albeit because of an injury) and Edwards was "torpedoed" by Adrian Wilson in his 2nd season. The flaw in coaching Losman was trying to make him into a pocket guy when he clearly needed to be a rollout guy, at least at first.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                  Tuel is better then many think he is. His problem in college was injuries and coaching changes.
                  injury prone is injury prone and more likely in the pros. and if you are part of the bills, you'll have new coordinators every year. If you can't rise above those things, buffalo ain't the place for you.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                    Once again you massively overexaggerate.. The Patriots have beat the Bills by 40+ points only once since Bellichick became coach of the Patriots
                    Um, I never said that the Patriots beat us by 40 points more than once.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                      And Kolb BEAT the PAts* last year.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        injury prone is injury prone and more likely in the pros. and if you are part of the bills, you'll have new coordinators every year. If you can't rise above those things, buffalo ain't the place for you.
                        Negative Nancy.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Would be great if Tuel could even make an NFL roster (an hey, a spot on the the Bills QB depth chart is low hanging fruit for any signal caller), but way to early to tell.

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

There's a good deal to be said for this. Kolb might actually give us a better chance for a win against the Patsies, actually. If he's able to discern their coverages, then he might just give us a decent shot at them.
                            I have to say that although I would like EJ to actually win the job, and start immediately, I'm very reticent about letting Belicheck have first go at getting at him. The Pats aren't shy of a dirty trick or three either, and while being thrown in at the deep end can work, being thrown into the deep end when there are sharks about, tends to work out badly.
                            It might also be beneficial to some of the other rookies that are going to be out there early this season, to have Kolb as a steadying influence early on. Get the young WRs schooled better, before eventually EJ takes over.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

The same people that are predicting 2 wins or stating this season will be " a disaster " are now worrying that Manuel may start week 1 over Kolb.

It's not about the long term good of the team ( which people have been complaining about for 13 years ) but winning game #1 against the Pats and having America pat us on the back for a week.

I have now read/seen it all. Warped logic at it's finest.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X