PDA

View Full Version : Southwest 72 hour sale - Bills away game?

Parzival
06-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi Everybody

Just thought I'd spread the news that Southwest has a 72 hour sale going on right now and it's a great way to get cheap air fare to an away game if you were so inclined. I got round trip to Phoenix last season for 99 bucks. Thinking about NO this year but not sure Ill be able to get the time off.

Anyway, happy hunting if you're flying out of Roc or Buffalo

http://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/click-n-save-sale.html?RMID=L_130611_CNS_A&RRID=cmN3aGl0ZTEwMTBAZ21haWwuY29t&src=MAILCNSTUESWOWPP0130611A

TigerJ
06-11-2013, 10:05 PM
I have family member who is a pilot for Southwest. Occasionally, which is all I fly anyway, I can bum a buddy pass off of him and fly free.

better days
06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Much as I hate the influx of Tourists, Come on down to Fla for the Tampa game in Dec, you will enjoy yourself.

Parzival
06-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Much as I hate the influx of Tourists, Come on down to Fla for the Tampa game in Dec, you will enjoy yourself.

If I still lived in NY it wouldn't be a question. I do have some friends in family there but I already have two weddings I have to fly back for. Oh and I just put 1300 bucks into repairs and maintenance for my car. Otherwise I'd be there haha.

gebobs
06-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Just thought I'd spread the news that Southwest has a 72 hour sale going on right now and it's a great way to get cheap air fare to an away game if you were so inclined.
Sweet! That Cleveland game should be epic!

gebobs
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Thanks. We can go to the game and then argue about Tebow over beers after!

BillsFever21
06-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Damn them are some cheap freaking rates. I'd like to take advantage of some of them. I'd have to pay for my girlfriend too and I'm not doing that out of principle just because she can't manage her money and thinks she needs to spend 2k on Christmas for her one kid. I should look into some of these spots though.

gebobs
06-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Remember People's Express. Round trip flights from Buffalo to Newark for $19.

better days
06-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Damn them are some cheap freaking rates. I'd like to take advantage of some of them. I'd have to pay for my girlfriend too and I'm not doing that out of principle just because she can't manage her money and thinks she needs to spend 2k on Christmas for her one kid. I should look into some of these spots though.

We were on a Catamaran going from Key West to the Dry Tortugas some years ago ( GREAT day trip from Key West). I overheard a young guy by himself talking to a group of OLD Ladies. He was telling them pretty much the same thing you posted.

Did not look like he was having too much fun to me. He looked LONELY. I would bet you would have more fun with your girlfriend than your principles. Too cheap to spend a few dollars on your girlfriend because she spoils her kid?

If you can't afford it, that is one thing, but principle ?

BillsFever21
06-12-2013, 10:46 PM
We were on a Catamaran going from Key West to the Dry Tortugas some years ago ( GREAT day trip from Key West). I overheard a young guy by himself talking to a group of OLD Ladies. He was telling them pretty much the same thing you posted.

Did not look like he was having too much fun to me. He looked LONELY. I would bet you would have more fun with your girlfriend than your principles. Too cheap to spend a few dollars on your girlfriend because she spoils her kid?

If you can't afford it, that is one thing, but principle ?

Well I wouldn't be going by myself. That would just be plain stupid if that guy was there by himself. I would go with family or friends. It wasn't just because of spoiling the kid it's all contributing factors. Although she is even the type who spent $400 on him for EASTER and buys HIM mother's day gifts. All that and she can't get him to clean his room or help her out around the house. He's 11 years old and not 5 years old.

It has nothing to do with being cheap or not being able to afford it. Believe me if you knew how she foolishly blew money and then cried that she is broke then it sticks with you. I try and teach her money management but it doesn't work. She gets her 6k income tax check then it's gone in a few months and she blames it on the same day loans at 20% that she takes out for Christmas, the advancements on her taxes, the rent she lets go and pays back to use towards Christmas, the stuff she gets from Rent to Own places, etc. Well hello that's the biggest reason why you're broke I tell her. I try to teach her and it will work for a month or two if that. Heck I even offer to do her taxes for her but she would rather spend $200 to get them done at H & R Block so she can get a $500 advancement on her taxes at Christmas time. That's just foolish.

I have sympathy for people who is broke because they are just trying to make ends meet or falls on hard times. I don't feel sorry if they're broke because of mismanaging their money or not trying to improve themselves. If all the further you can look into the future is your next paycheck or on a month-to-month basis to decide if you can afford something then don't cry when you're broke and can't afford to repair your car or do whatever in between paychecks. I go without a lot of stuff I want for my future well being. If others can't do it then I'm not going to follow in their footsteps and spend the money I saved on them and then be broke myself.

BillsFever21
06-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Sometimes it takes learning a lesson the hard way before people wake up and change what they're doing. If you want to live in the moment and can pay your bills then that's your choice and more power to you. When you're broke and can't pay them or do other things because of money mismanagement then don't cry to me about it. Some people wake up to the fact and others don't. Some don't care and would rather live in the moment and others would rather plan ahead. To each their own.

better days
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Well I wouldn't be going by myself. That would just be plain stupid if that guy was there by himself. I would go with family or friends. It wasn't just because of spoiling the kid it's all contributing factors. Although she is even the type who spent $400 on him for EASTER and buys HIM mother's day gifts. All that and she can't get him to clean his room or help her out around the house. He's 11 years old and not 5 years old.

It has nothing to do with being cheap or not being able to afford it. Believe me if you knew how she foolishly blew money and then cried that she is broke then it sticks with you. I try and teach her money management but it doesn't work. She gets her 6k income tax check then it's gone in a few months and she blames it on the same day loans at 20% that she takes out for Christmas, the advancements on her taxes, the rent she lets go and pays back to use towards Christmas, the stuff she gets from Rent to Own places, etc. Well hello that's the biggest reason why you're broke I tell her. I try to teach her and it will work for a month or two if that. Heck I even offer to do her taxes for her but she would rather spend $200 to get them done at H & R Block so she can get a $500 advancement on her taxes at Christmas time. That's just foolish.

I have sympathy for people who is broke because they are just trying to make ends meet or falls on hard times. I don't feel sorry if they're broke because of mismanaging their money or not trying to improve themselves. If all the further you can look into the future is your next paycheck or on a month-to-month basis to decide if you can afford something then don't cry when you're broke and can't afford to repair your car or do whatever in between paychecks. I go without a lot of stuff I want for my future well being. If others can't do it then I'm not going to follow in their footsteps and spend the money I saved on them and then be broke myself.

OK, I see your point. Don't know that you can change her though so you will either have to trade her in on a new model or learn to live with it. And yeah that guy was STUPID to go to Key West by himself. No worse place a straight guy could go to alone.

BillsFever21
06-13-2013, 03:21 PM
OK, I see your point. Don't know that you can change her though so you will either have to trade her in on a new model or learn to live with it. And yeah that guy was STUPID to go to Key West by himself. No worse place a straight guy could go to alone.

As long as we're not combining our money then I don't care what her or any girlfriend does with their money. If it ever came to that point then I would care.

Yeah it's pretty stupid to go there by yourself. He should've went with some buddies. Actually most guys would rather go to Key West with some buddies rather then their girlfriend with all the tail running around there looking to have some fun. If he did decide to go by himself he still might've/could've found some fun if you know what I mean. They would probably think you're some creep or loser going on vacation by yourself though.

better days
06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
As long as we're not combining our money then I don't care what her or any girlfriend does with their money. If it ever came to that point then I would care.

Yeah it's pretty stupid to go there by yourself. He should've went with some buddies. Actually most guys would rather go to Key West with some buddies rather then their girlfriend with all the tail running around there looking to have some fun. If he did decide to go by himself he still might've/could've found some fun if you know what I mean. They would probably think you're some creep or loser going on vacation by yourself though.

Yeah, if it gets serious, tell her you are in control of the money.

As for Key West, our Son-inlaw was stationed down there a couple years in the Navy. We were down there all the time. I used to go off base into town by myself often & I can tell you there are many pretty girls to see, but I could tell you most were not available. I observed many guys getting shot down. Most were with boyfriends or girlfriends.

Great place to go with your buddies though. And you never know, I'm sure some guys do get lucky. I just think Miami or Tampa would be better places to pick up women.