PDA

View Full Version : Peters arrested.

BidsJr
06-13-2013, 07:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9379077/jason-peters-philadelphia-eagles-arrested-louisiana-report

lol. Who got the better end of the deal?

jamze132
06-13-2013, 07:52 AM
LOL

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Yes, clearly the Bills knew he'd get arrested 4 years after they traded him. Pure brilliance.

Meathead
06-13-2013, 07:57 AM
reports coming in that it was russ brandon driving the other car

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 08:12 AM
reports coming in that it was russ brandon driving the other car

so the other car had no seats, no stereo, no a/c or heat, a lawnmower engine and advertising stickers covering every inch of the exterior, even the windshield?

DynaPaul
06-13-2013, 08:13 AM
From train wreck to car wreck...

Pinkerton Security
06-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Yes, clearly the Bills knew he'd get arrested 4 years after they traded him. Pure brilliance.

We still got the better outcome of the deal in the end, not to say the Bills foresaw that. He hasnt been able to stay healthy and his payday seems to have inflated his ego enough to make him pull boneheaded stunts like this.

PTI
06-13-2013, 09:05 AM
I saw the headline, 'Pro Bowler arrested in high speed chase', and I thought it would be Peter Weber.

Goobylal
06-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Peters missing time was predictable. And this isn't surprising either. That he's not protecting his QB's blindside and thus grossly overpaid though is hilarious.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Peters missing time was predictable. And this isn't surprising either. That he's not protecting his QB's blindside and thus grossly overpaid though is hilarious.

"He's not on the Bills anymore, so he sucks."

mayotm
06-13-2013, 09:36 AM
"He's not on the Bills anymore, so he sucks."Or from your point of view Captain Contrarian, "He is a Bill, so he sucks."

BidsJr
06-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Hahahahaha!

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Or from your point of view Captain Contrarian, "He is a Bill, so he sucks."

That's not my point of view- that's the reality. Just look at the results on the field.

Pinkerton Security
06-13-2013, 09:41 AM
That's not my point of view- that's the reality. Just look at the results on the field.

This is why everyone gets annoyed at you...I know you dont care but you HAVE to hijack EVERY SINGLE THREAD EVER with about how much we suck as an organization. Gets pretty old, whether its the truth or not.

better days
06-13-2013, 09:42 AM

Yeah, because Coaching & schemes have nothing to do with results on the field.

Night Train
06-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Didn't he score a 6 on the Wonderlic, IIRC ?

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 09:43 AM
This is why everyone gets annoyed at you...I know you dont care but you HAVE to hijack EVERY SINGLE THREAD EVER with about how much we suck as an organization. Gets pretty old, whether its the truth or not.

Don't blame me. Blame the organization for continuing to suck.

mayotm
06-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Don't blame me. Blame the organization for continuing to suck.Same schtick. Different thread.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Same schtick. Different thread.

lmao- it's not "schtick." The team is what it is.

People are so desperate to give the organization credit that they are giving them credit for NOT paying a top LT, as if the team actually knew that he would have injury problems and get arrested years later. And if someone like me points that out, suddenly people like you try to make the thread about me so you don't have to talk about the reality of how bad the team is.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah, because Coaching & schemes have nothing to do with results on the field.

It's not all coaching and scheme. This team lacks talent on an epic level.

Night Train
06-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Thank God we didn't get off subject.

Pinkerton Security
06-13-2013, 09:58 AM

Just because something is true, doesnt mean it needs to be repeated over and over ad nauseam. I know this isn't going to change anything, so i guess I'll quit. Its just sad that you're damn near a troll with the amount of whining you post, not many others could get away with probably 50,000 terribly negative posts that even hijack entire threads.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 09:58 AM

Bills don't suck at LT which was Peters' position. So in Hindsight, SO FAR the bills were right to let him go since he's turning into a headache that isn't worth the contract the eagles paid him. BTW, I was one that wanted the bills to give him a contract like you.

mayotm
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
lmao- it's not "schtick." The team is what it is.

People are so desperate to give the organization credit that they are giving them credit for NOT paying a top LT, as if the team actually knew that he would have injury problems and get arrested years later. And if someone like me points that out, suddenly people like you try to make the thread about me so you don't have to talk about the reality of how bad the team is.You make it about you by hijacking every thread. If Peters was still a Bill, you would be completely ripping him for being injured all the time, skipping OTA's, getting arrested and being an all around tool. Most people aren't really giving the Bills a ton of credit for not retaining Peters. Rather, they are simply happy that he's a constant headache for the Eagles.

better days
06-13-2013, 10:04 AM
It's not all coaching and scheme. This team lacks talent on an epic level.

I totally disagree. This team has lacked a QB & good Coaching. I think the talent level on this team is comparable to most teams in the NFL.

If you compare the roster of the Pats* to that of the Bills, I think the Bills roster is better. Yet the Pats* are favored to win in every game they play.

Brady & Belichick might have something to do with that, you think?

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Just because something is true, doesnt mean it needs to be repeated over and over ad nauseam. I know this isn't going to change anything, so i guess I'll quit. Its just sad that you're damn near a troll with the amount of whining you post, not many others could get away with probably 50,000 terribly negative posts that even hijack entire threads.

Except that a) I didn't hijack this thread- I was talking about Peters. The thread got hijacked when people had to point out how "negative" I was for simply stating the reality, attempting to make it about me so they don't have to deal with the team's problems. And b) my posts aren't "terribly negative." They simply reflect the reality of the fledgling football team that is the main subject of this board.

TacklingDummy
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9379077/jason-peters-philadelphia-eagles-arrested-louisiana-report

lol. Who got the better end of the deal?

I'll say Peters got the best end of the deal. He got paid. Now he's a lazy, injury prone, lawbreaking, has been.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:07 AM
I totally disagree. This team has lacked a QB & good Coaching. I think the talent level on this team is comparable to most teams in the NFL.

If you compare the roster of the Pats* to that of the Bills, I think the Bills roster is better. Yet the Pats* are favored to win in every game they play.

Brady & Belichick might have something to do with that, you think?

Lmao. You are simply incapable of being objective if you really think that's true.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
You make it about you by hijacking every thread. If Peters was still a Bill, you would be completely ripping him for being injured all the time, skipping OTA's, getting arrested and being and all around tool. Most people aren't really giving the Bills a ton of credit for not retaining Peters. Rather, they are simply happy that he's a constant headache for the Eagles.

I'm making it about me? You're posting your opinion of how you think I would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never occurred. YOU'RE making it about me by doing this nonsense.

The Bills didn't get rid of Peters because they knew he'd be a headache. They got rid of him because they were cheap and now that he's a headache, people like you are trying to give them credit. And then when I point that out, suddenly I'm being "negative" and "hijacking" the thread? Please.

mayotm
06-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm making it about me? You're posting your opinion of how you think I would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never occurred. YOU'RE making it about me by doing this nonsense.

The Bills didn't get rid of Peters because they knew he'd be a headache. They got rid of him because they were cheap and now that he's a headache, people like you are trying to give them credit. And then when I point that out, suddenly I'm being "negative" and "hijacking" the thread? Please.Same schtick. Different thread.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Same schtick. Different thread.

Yup, same schtick.

"The organization's not incompetent despite 13 years of losing and the longest active playoff drought in the NFL. Op's just negative."

You didn't even address the point about why they got rid of Peters, you just made it about me. But supposedly I'm the one hijacking the thread. Please.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 10:15 AM
They got rid of him because they were cheap and now that he's a headache,

are you sure they didn't get rid of him because they knew he'd be a headache and keep asking for a new contract? If they were being cheap then they wouldn't have gone out and paid Mario more than what Peters was asking.

You are also forgetting Peters didn't want to be in buffalo. He wanted out so don't blame the entire situation on the bills.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:18 AM
are you sure they didn't get rid of him because they knew he'd be a headache and keep asking for a new contract? If they were being cheap then they wouldn't have gone out and paid Mario more than what Peters was asking.

You are also forgetting Peters didn't want to be in buffalo. He wanted out so don't blame the entire situation on the bills.

So, why does the organization always get off the hook when players don't want to be here? It's part of their job to create a place where players WANT to play.

And it was what? 3 years after trading Peters before they signed Mario? Sorry but signing one big FA every 3-5 years does NOT mean that the team isn't cheap. That's just terrible logic.

Of course Peters wanted a new contract. He was getting RT money to be a LT and LT's make a LOT more money than RT's. Buffalo was trying to get something for nothing. And then you wonder why he doesn't want to play here? Come on.

Bill Cody
Didn't he score a 6 on the Wonderlic, IIRC ?

He's a tard. Rumor was he was moved from TE to OL because he couldn't learn the playbook. He has the IQ of a fern. This latest case is not the reason why we got the better of the deal it just reinforces it. Peters is a greedy lazy moron. Sure he's talented but we don't need him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

mayotm
Yup, same schtick.

"The organization's not incompetent despite 13 years of losing and the longest active playoff drought in the NFL. Op's just negative."

You didn't even address the point about why they got rid of Peters, you just made it about me. But supposedly I'm the one hijacking the thread. Please.You're nuts if you don't think character concerns played a role in their decision to keep or trade Peters.

Bill Cody
06-13-2013, 10:20 AM
So, why does the organization always get off the hook when players don't want to be here? It's part of their job to create a place where players WANT to play.

And it was what? 3 years after trading Peters before they signed Mario? Sorry but signing one big FA every 3-5 years does NOT mean that the team isn't cheap. That's just terrible logic.

Of course Peters wanted a new contract. He was getting RT money to be a LT and LT's make a LOT more money than RT's. Buffalo was trying to get something for nothing. And then you wonder why he doesn't want to play here? Come on.

Wrong. The Bills offered to make one of the highest paid LT's in the league. He wanted out. Toodles.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:20 AM
You're nuts if you don't think character concerns played a role in their decision to keep or trade Peters.

other than asking for more money, what character concerns were there about Peters at the time? He moved from TE to RT to LT every time the team asked. He never got arrested or got in other trouble when he was a Bill.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Wrong. The Bills offered to make one of the highest paid LT's in the league. He wanted out. Toodles.

They still offered him less than what he wanted and less than what other LT's were making. "One of" is the operative phrase there.

better days
06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Lmao. You are simply incapable of being objective if you really think that's true.

Just got Lindys mag, here is what they say (higher number is better)

Bills Pats*

Coaching- 7 Coaching- 9.5

QB- 7 QB- 9.5

RB- 8 RB- 6.5

Receivers- 7.5 Receivers- 7

OL- 7.5 OL- 8

DL- 8 DL- 7.5

LB- 6.5 LB- 6.5

Secondary- 7 Secondary- 6

Special teams- 7 Special teams- 8

Intangibles +1 Intangibles +1

These are the views of non biased outsiders.

These teams are VERY COMPARABLE except for the QB & Coaching.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 10:25 AM

.but the bills don't get credit from you either when the players sign here in the first place. Bills sign Spikes, but Spikes gets upset and decides to leave when the bills let go of Jeff stinkin Posey.

You praised the bills for signing and paying guys like Dockery to a bunch of $$ and then still call them cheap .

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 10:27 AM

this is more inaccurate crap from you.

Was signing Fletcher, Spikes, Milloy, Bledsoe , three years apart from each other?

those weren't cheap signing and IT DIDN'T WORK. Bills are cheap if they sign a bunch of people and cheap if they don't.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Just got Lindys mag, here is what they say (higher number is better)

Bills Pats*

Coaching- 7 Coaching- 9.5

QB- 7 QB- 9.5

RB- 8 RB- 6.5

Receivers- 7.5 Receivers- 7

OL- 7.5 OL- 8

DL- 8 DL- 7.5

LB- 6.5 LB- 6.5

Secondary- 7 Secondary- 6

Special teams- 7 Special teams- 8

Intangibles +1 Intangibles +1

These are the views of non biased outsiders.

These teams are VERY COMPARABLE except for the QB & Coaching.

Either you left the Tight Ends off that list, or they are being included in the receivers score in which case LMAO at ranking the Bills higher.

And how exactly do they justify us having the same linebackers score?

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:34 AM
this is more inaccurate crap from you.

Was signing Fletcher, Spikes, Milloy, Bledsoe , three years apart from each other?

those weren't cheap signing and IT DIDN'T WORK. Bills are cheap if they sign a bunch of people and cheap if they don't.
Well, actually you're wrong. Bledsoe- not so much, but Fletcher, Spikes and Milloy gave us the 2nd best D in the NFL two years in a row. It was the offense's fault that we sucked.

And yes, the Bills spent on those guys, but then used it as an excuse to be cheap for 4 years until they signed Dockery. That didn't work, and they used it as an excuse to be cheap until they signed Mario. They do JUST ENOUGH to dupe people into thinking they're not cheap.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Well, actually you're wrong. Bledsoe- not so much, but Fletcher, Spikes and Milloy gave us the 2nd best D in the NFL two years in a row. It was the offense's fault that we sucked.. that D that lost to Pitts backup? And while you're blaming the O for that there was money on the O with Drew and a huge contract for retaining Moulds.

And yes, the Bills spent on those guys, but then used it as an excuse to be cheap for 4 years until they signed Dockery. That didn't work, and they used it as an excuse to be cheap until they signed Mario. They do JUST ENOUGH to dupe people into thinking they're not cheap. thats false. They resigned Lee Evans , Shobel, and Kelsay to what people said was a lot of money at that time. THey spent money in every GM era from Polian to Nix. Just because they failed doesn't mean they didn't spend money.

Bill Cody
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
They still offered him less than what he wanted and less than what other LT's were making. "One of" is the operative phrase there.

He had made 1 Pro Bowl and still had 2 years left on the contract HE signed and he wanted Walter Jones money- 11m+ a year, the Bills were offering 8-9m. Anyone can ask for anything but Peters was being unreasonable IMO. Don't forget the Bills took him off the street and developed him into a great player. For that he spit in the Bills faces. F him.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 10:56 AM
that D that lost to Pitts backup? And while you're blaming the O for that there was money on the O with Drew and a huge contract for retaining Moulds.
thats false. They resigned Lee Evans , Shobel, and Kelsay to what people said was a lot of money at that time. THey spent money in every GM era from Polian to Nix. Just because they failed doesn't mean they didn't spend money.

just because they spent SOME money doesn't mean they weren't cheap. They were below the cap almost every single year.

JoeMama
06-13-2013, 11:21 AM
"He's not on the Bills anymore, so he sucks."

Jason Peters was a freak of nature LT while he was here. Believe me, I was disappointed when we traded him rather than pony up the cash to retain him.

But he's been a bust in Philly. Big time.

Once Peters got his money he quit trying and started doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.

He's a low character, profoundly lazy player. We don't need that BS on our team.

So in hindsight, I'm happy we traded him away and don't mind being wrong.

better days
06-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Either you left the Tight Ends off that list, or they are being included in the receivers score in which case LMAO at ranking the Bills higher.

And how exactly do they justify us having the same linebackers score?

The TE's are included in the receivers. That is why it does not say WR. If they were not included, the WR group for the Pats* would be MUCH lower than the Bills.

I don't have to justify anything, I'm just posting what Lindys had to say.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 11:31 AM
The TE's are included in the receivers. That is why it does not say WR. If they were not included, the WR group for the Pats* would be MUCH lower than the Bills.

What? We have Stevie Johnson, Graham and a bunch of rookies at WR. Completely unproven.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Jason Peters was a freak of nature LT while he was here. Believe me, I was disappointed when we traded him rather than pony up the cash to retain him.

But he's been a bust in Philly. Big time.

Once Peters got his money he quit trying and started doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.

He's a low character, profoundly lazy player. We don't need that BS on our team.

So in hindsight, I'm happy we traded him away and don't mind being wrong.

That's not the problem. The problem is that the Bills traded him because they didn't want to pay him, and now everyone's acting like the FO knew that he'd start doing hoodrat stuff with his friends as soon as he got a payday. They didn't- they were just being cheap and they lucked out that he turned out to be a bust in Philly.

If the Bills were THAT good at evaluating talent and character that they saw the Peters bust coming, our roster would be MUCH better.

Bulldog
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
That's not the problem. The problem is that the Bills traded him because they didn't want to pay him, and now everyone's acting like the FO knew that he'd start doing hoodrat stuff with his friends as soon as he got a payday. They didn't- they were just being cheap and they lucked out that he turned out to be a bust in Philly.

If the Bills were THAT good at evaluating talent and character that they saw the Peters bust coming, our roster would be MUCH better.

So the Bills refused to give Peters a contract that he's proven he's not worth, and they're cheap? Really? Just want to make sure I got this right.

Bulldog
06-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Either that or they knew his work ethic was less than desirable, and if given a new contract, his level of play would probably fall off. That's that's not that far fetched and its not the first time a team would make the determination. Fo all you know his injury was the result of not training properly.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 11:53 AM
So the Bills refused to give Peters a contract that he's proven he's not worth, and they're cheap? Really? Just want to make sure I got this right.

They didn't know he wasn't worthy at the time. They didn't give it to him because they didn't want to pay. Yes, that's cheap.

Bulldog
06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
They didn't know he wasn't worthy at the time. They didn't give it to him because they didn't want to pay. Yes, that's cheap.

And you know this how? IF that's your opinion, then state it as such. You portray your argument like it's based on facts, which is completely not true.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Either that or they knew his work ethic was less than desirable, and if given a new contract, his level of play would probably fall off. That's that's not that far fetched and its not the first time a team would make the determination. Fo all you know his injury was the result of not training properly.

well if that's the case, then why did they sign Dockery?

- - - Updated - - -

And you know this how? IF that's your opinion, then state it as such. You portray your argument like it's based on facts, which is completely not true.

I know it how?

Look at all the poor personnel decisions they've made. Somehow they got this one right, but the overwhelming majority wrong? Sorry, not buying it.

Bulldog
06-13-2013, 12:02 PM
well if that's the case, then why did they sign Dockery?

- - - Updated - - -

I know it how?

Look at all the poor personnel decisions they've made. Somehow they got this one right, but the overwhelming majority wrong? Sorry, not buying it.

Considering he was a member of their organization, I'm guessing they had a little better grasp on Peters than they did Dockery. Just a hunch. OP, you just have this notion that every single move the Bills make is either horrible, or they got lucky. Can't have it both ways man. Learn how to give credit where credit is due. I'm in no ways defending the organization for their less than stellar performance for the majority of their existance, but I'm willing to give them credit when they actually do something right.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Considering he was a member of their organization, I'm guessing they had a little better grasp on Peters than they did Dockery. Just a hunch. OP, you just have this notion that every single move the Bills make is either horrible, or they got lucky. Can't have it both ways man. Learn how to give credit where credit is due. I'm in no ways defending the organization for their less than stellar performance for the majority of their existance, but I'm willing to give them credit when they actually do something right.

Except I don't think they got it right- they got lucky. It wasn't that they didn't WANT Peters and just flat-out cut him. They did make him an offer. Someone in this thread said he wanted $11 million and the Bills offered him $9 million- I don't remember so I'll just assume those numbers are correct. Well, that means they offered $9 million to a bust and just got lucky that someone else offered him more.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 12:14 PM
the bills have paid players in the past and recently that no team was willing to pay them. Anderson, Merriman and Mario. The bills HAVE PROVEN they will spend in every GM era pay as long as the GM's tell Ralph to do so.

It's OP's OPINION that they were only willing to do so every 3-4 years. He doesn't have FACTS.

trapezeus
06-13-2013, 12:15 PM
neither got a good deal. the bills traded a guy without having the depth to replace him immediately. in the end they got away with it and drafted some LT that will be ok. but this is why missing on drafts routinely hurt. once a good guy emerges you have to pay him because you don't hvae the depth there. We also didn't hit on the pick they gave us if i remember correctly.

and the eagles got burned because they paid him too much and vick is still routinely hurt. and kolb got crushed in there too. so he wasn't worth it.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM

Then that's still ridiculous. We have one wr or te who's accomplished anything at the NFL level, Johnson. They have Gronk and Hernandez, arguably the best TE duo ever. The Patriots may lack a true #1 but they haven't had that since Moss left and it hasn't slowed them down.

Nor did I expect you do. Which is why I asked how "they" (Lindys) justified it rather than asking how "you" (better days) did.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 12:18 PM
the bills have paid players that no team was willing to pay them, Anderson, Merriman and Mario. The bills HAVE PROVEN they will pay as long as the GM's tell Ralph to do so.

Anderson and Mario weren't that expensive. And where's your proof of this? How do you know the GM's weren't clamoring for more money and those were the only times Ralph ponied up?

We've had several 3-5 year periods where we were dormant in FA and many seasons where our salary was much lower than the cap. I think that's proof enough that the team is cheap. Hell, even this year- no big name FA's, couldn't re-sign Levitre, couldn't lock up Byrd. If they're not being cheap, what exactly are they spending on?

better days
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
What? We have Stevie Johnson, Graham and a bunch of rookies at WR. Completely unproven.

And the PAts* have 2 very good TEs that are both injured & Amendola that has never not been injured & that is about all they have.

Like I said this comes from Lindys, not me. They are totally unbiased.

And as I said before, the Bills can be compared to most teams in the NFL & I think they will come out about even with the exception of a couple teams like the 49ers. I haven't checked yet, but I think they would win hands down against the Bills & just about any other team.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Anderson and Mario weren't that expensive. And where's your proof of this? How do you know the GM's weren't clamoring for more money and those were the only times Ralph ponied up? they signeg with the bills for more money than they ever got anywhere else. That's my proof.

We've had several 3-5 year periods where we were dormant in FA and many seasons where our salary was much lower than the cap. I think that's proof enough that the team is cheap. Hell, even this year- no big name FA's, couldn't re-sign Levitre, couldn't lock up Byrd. If they're not being cheap, what exactly are they spending on?

you think that spending on FA is the only way of proving whether a team is cheap or not? What about re-singing overpaid players like Kelsay?

I wonder if anyone could pull up the FA signing the patriots have made through the years and see if they are big spenders. Same with Polian and the colts.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
they signeg with the bills for more money than they ever got anywhere else. That's my proof.

you think that spending on FA is the only way of proving whether a team is cheap or not? What about re-singing overpaid players like Kelsay?

I wonder if anyone could pull up the FA signing the patriots have made through the years and see if they are big spenders. Same with Polian and the colts.

Well of course they got more money here- the cap goes up every year and player salaries go up with it. That proves nothing.

JoeMama
06-13-2013, 12:27 PM

Criticism taken but let me use the "ends justify the means" argument just this once.

As a rule, I'd rather see us compensate homegrown talent rather than let guys walk. So I get your point.

BUT...

I think Jason Peters may be an exception where the Bills deserve a break. When the trade happened, I read a lot of "reports" that indicated Peters was being deliberately unreasonable in contract negotiations (almost laughably so); the implication being he wanted out of Buffalo altogether -- no matter what kind of $$$ we offered.

And in hindsight I'm inclined to believe those reports had some merit, given what an indolent punk Peters turned out to be.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Well of course they got more money here- the cap goes up every year and player salaries go up with it. That proves nothing.

If it's my opinion at least its a FACT they they've been paid more . You brought nothing other than your opinion without anything or any quotes to imply that Ralph is cheap.

I find it hilarious that not a single person in the football world whether it's Polian ( who publicly stated Ralph NEVER limited his spending) , Levy, Donahoe etc. ever implied that Ralph was cheap. But a mb poster like you seem to know more than them. Funny.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
If it's my opinion at least its a FACT they they've been paid more . You brought nothing other than your opinion without anything or any quotes to imply that Ralph is cheap.

I find it hilarious that not a single person in the football world whether it's Polian ( who publicly stated Ralph NEVER limited his spending) , Levy, Donahoe etc. ever implied that Ralph was cheap. But a mb poster like you seem to know more than them. Funny.

What do you mean, without facts?

We signed all those guys you mentioned in 2002/2003, then made no big FA signings until Dockery in '07. Then, we had no big FA signings until last year with Mario. This year, we've only been bit players in FA and couldn't even re-sign our own guys in Byrd and Levitre.

We had multiple years when our payroll was far less than the cap.

Those are FACTS.

better days
06-13-2013, 12:33 PM

Almost as funny as your avatar.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 12:33 PM
What do you mean, without facts? . It's a FACT that the bills paid them more money than they've ever gotten anywhere.
The bills had to overpay them for them to sign here.

We signed all those guys you mentioned in 2002/2003, then made no big FA signings until Dockery in '07. Then, we had no big FA signings until last year with Mario. This year, we've only been bit players in FA and couldn't even re-sign our own guys in Byrd and Levitre.

We had multiple years when our payroll was far less than the cap.

Those are FACTS.

again, is spending all about FA signings? What about re-signing players on the team to new and bigger contracts?

and once again, how do you know it was Ralph and not the GM's? Please bring me a quote or something from someone who has been close to Ralph say he wasn't willing.

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
It's a FACT that the bills paid them more money than they've ever gotten anywhere.
The bills had to overpay them for them to sign here.

again, is spending all about FA signings? What about re-signing players on the team to new and bigger contracts?

and once again, how do you know it was Ralph and not the GM's? Please bring me a quote or something from someone who has been close to Ralph say he wasn't willing.

How do you know it was the GM's and not Ralph? You don't have a quote either. Your whole premise is based on your assumption that none of the former GM's have publicly called out Ralph for being cheap, which is just stupid. Levy's retired but he has a good relationship with Ralph from his coaching days and isn't going to call him out publicly. Guys like Donahoe want to work again and trash-talking their old boss to the media isn't going to help them find a new boss.

You talk about me not having facts- who did we re-sign in all those years when we didn't sign big name FA's? Where are your facts?

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 12:49 PM
How do you know it was the GM's and not Ralph? You don't have a quote either. Your whole premise is based on your assumption that none of the former GM's have publicly called out Ralph for being cheap, which is just stupid. Levy's retired but he has a good relationship with Ralph from his coaching days and isn't going to call him out publicly. Guys like Donahoe want to work again and trash-talking their old boss to the media isn't going to help them find a new boss. there should be at least 1 disgruntled GM or some else other than a mb poster like you no? I have Polian . It was an interview on wgr. Go find it.

You talk about me not having facts- who did we re-sign in all those years when we didn't sign big name FA's? Where are your facts?Lee Evans was re-signed to a huge contract. Even you would agree that Kelsay was overpaid when we resigned him. Bills will overpay for players they want not the ones you want.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
there's also TO. No one was willing to pay him what we paid him .

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 01:07 PM
here you go OP.

in 2007 bills was ranked 4th in player salary

go through every year if you want, a cheap team would be close to the bottom every year. The bills weren't. As a matter of fact the patriots were at the bottom more often than the bills since 2000.

It may not be accurate but what to you have? Bring me something.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/salaries/team/2000

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I forgot about TO. I'll give you Evans. Kelsay was overpaid in terms of his production, but you saw what we gave Mario. It was still far cheaper than trying to lure a DE away from someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

here you go OP.

go through every year if you want, a cheap team would be close to the bottom every year. The bills weren't. As a matter of fact the patriots were at the bottom more often than the bills since 2000.

2007 was when we got Dockery. I already said that was one of the few years when they did spend. In 2006 we were 3rd from last. We were middle of the pack in 08 and 09 but Dock's salary was still on the books. The data doesn't go past that.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
I forgot about TO. I'll give you Evans. Kelsay was overpaid in terms of his production, but you saw what we gave Mario. It was still far cheaper than trying to lure a DE away from someone else.

Didn't we pay Shobel a lot of money too? For all the crap you talked about Kelsay, paying him $1 would be overspending. We OVERPAID him.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 01:20 PM
but you saw what we gave Mario. It was still far cheaper than trying to lure a DE away from someone else.

it was still more than ANYONE was willing to give him which means we were overpaying for him as far as other teams are concerned.

Captain Obvious
06-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Or from your point of view Captain Contrarian, "He is a Bill, so he sucks."

So determined is OPIV in this view to hold to the mantra "every Bills player sucks" he wont acknowledge or admit CJ Spiller is a good football player

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 03:17 PM
So determined is OPIV in this view to hold to the mantra "every Bills player sucks" he wont acknowledge or admit CJ Spiller is a good football player
and what exactly are you basing that statement on?

better days
06-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Then that's still ridiculous. We have one wr or te who's accomplished anything at the NFL level, Johnson. They have Gronk and Hernandez, arguably the best TE duo ever. The Patriots may lack a true #1 but they haven't had that since Moss left and it hasn't slowed them down.

Nor did I expect you do. Which is why I asked how "they" (Lindys) justified it rather than asking how "you" (better days) did.

They do have Gronk & Hernandez, but both are injured.

This is what Lindys said;

Bills Receivers: "Sixth-year pro Stevie johnson has posted three straight 1,000-yard seasons. He uses his basketball-type moves and short area quickness to get good seperation. He hasn't had nearly enough help the past three years. The Bills think they got an instant starter in second- round draft pick Robert Woods of Southern Cal. He caught 252 passes in three years for the Trojans. He's not a burner, but he's smooth and has great hands. T.J.Graham has 4.41 speed and caught 31 passes as a rookie last year. He needs to take a big step forward as a reliable weapon. If he doesn't he could be pushed by third- round draft pick Marquise Goodwin of Texas, who has 4.27 speed. He's not polished, but maybe he can be utilized in situational roles. Marcus Easley is getting one more shot to produce after three injury plagued years. Veteran Brad Smith must carve out a niche with the new coaching staff. Tight End Scott Chandler is a big, reliable target who caught 43 passes with 6 touchdowns last year. He's coming off major knee surgery but is expected to be ready for the start of the season. The Bills drafted Chris Gragg, an H-back, in the seventh round."

Pats* receivers: "The Patriots are loaded at tight end but lacking at wide receiver, where they continue to search for someone who can stretch opposing defenses. If rob Gronkowski, who's coming off several surgeries to repair a broken forearm, and Aaron Hernandez, who sat out six games last season, can avoid injury problems, they're as potent a 1-2 punch at the tight end positionas there is in the league. But it seems just about impossibleto replace Welker, who caught at least 111 passes for the Pats in five of the last six seasons. The Pats brought in Danny Amendola from the Rams to fill his spot. Versitle Julian Edelman, a slot receiver and return manwho also has been pressed into service as a defensiveback, had 21 catches in nine games last season before going on injured reserve. Donald Jones was undrafted when he signed with Buffalo in 2010, but improved his numbers every year with the Bills. After catching a touchdown pass in both games against New England last season, including a 68 yarder, the Pats decided to sign him in hopes he can be the deep threat they've been looking for sincethe departure of Randy Moss. Brandon Lloyd wasn't the answer and has been released. Tight ends Michael Hoomanawanui and daniel Fells are used primarily as blockers. Second-round draft choice Aaron Dobsonwill be counted onto produce right away at wide receiver. The Pats also picked 5-11 Josh Boyce in the fourth round."

trapezeus
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM
i didn't read the whole pissing match between justa and op, but cheap to me is usually spending money poorly.

sure the bills spend the 4th most in 2007, but they sucked. so were they cheap? to me, if i'm cheap, it works when you are successful and have a low payroll. You are an idiot (in any industry) when you have a high cost of goods and little to show for it.

Ralph is the king of spending poorly. he has nothing to show for it when he does spend.

that all being said, i still think losing peters was probably for the best, but the bills didn't have a back up plan. they just expected someone else who wasn't on the team yet to step up and replace him.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-13-2013, 04:13 PM
They do have Gronk & Hernandez, but both are injured.

This is what Lindys said;

Bills Receivers: "Sixth-year pro Stevie johnson has posted three straight 1,000-yard seasons. He uses his basketball-type moves and short area quickness to get good seperation. He hasn't had nearly enough help the past three years. The Bills think they got an instant starter in second- round draft pick Robert Woods of Southern Cal. He caught 252 passes in three years for the Trojans. He's not a burner, but he's smooth and has great hands. T.J.Graham has 4.41 speed and caught 31 passes as a rookie last year. He needs to take a big step forward as a reliable weapon. If he doesn't he could be pushed by third- round draft pick Marquise Goodwin of Texas, who has 4.27 speed. He's not polished, but maybe he can be utilized in situational roles. Marcus Easley is getting one more shot to produce after three injury plagued years. Veteran Brad Smith must carve out a niche with the new coaching staff. Tight End Scott Chandler is a big, reliable target who caught 43 passes with 6 touchdowns last year. He's coming off major knee surgery but is expected to be ready for the start of the season. The Bills drafted Chris Gragg, an H-back, in the seventh round."

Pats* receivers: "The Patriots are loaded at tight end but lacking at wide receiver, where they continue to search for someone who can stretch opposing defenses. If rob Gronkowski, who's coming off several surgeries to repair a broken forearm, and Aaron Hernandez, who sat out six games last season, can avoid injury problems, they're as potent a 1-2 punch at the tight end positionas there is in the league. But it seems just about impossibleto replace Welker, who caught at least 111 passes for the Pats in five of the last six seasons. The Pats brought in Danny Amendola from the Rams to fill his spot. Versitle Julian Edelman, a slot receiver and return manwho also has been pressed into service as a defensiveback, had 21 catches in nine games last season before going on injured reserve. Donald Jones was undrafted when he signed with Buffalo in 2010, but improved his numbers every year with the Bills. After catching a touchdown pass in both games against New England last season, including a 68 yarder, the Pats decided to sign him in hopes he can be the deep threat they've been looking for sincethe departure of Randy Moss. Brandon Lloyd wasn't the answer and has been released. Tight ends Michael Hoomanawanui and daniel Fells are used primarily as blockers. Second-round draft choice Aaron Dobsonwill be counted onto produce right away at wide receiver. The Pats also picked 5-11 Josh Boyce in the fourth round."

Steve Johnson is playing through his own injuries, including a broken vertebrae just revealed today.

Meanwhile Lindys apparently just ignored Jake Ballard, who the Patriots picked up to work into their tight end rotation and who had a quite productive sophomore year with the Giants.

BidsJr
06-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Not surprisingly, this turned into about the dumbest thread of all time.

BillsFever21
06-13-2013, 04:41 PM
here you go OP.

I see a team that runs right around the middle of the pack in salary every season just like their record. They had ONE year they were towards the top and one or two years they were towards the bottom. That only runs through 2009 also. They definitely weren't near the top of the league the past few years.

They don't mind signing guys where they don't gave to commit a huge amount of guaranteed money or signing bonus on. They will every once in a while but then after that you won't see much of anything for a few years.

To one of your previous posts what it said about them signing Kelsay. Well that's just stupidity. In most years they would rather have several guys making 5 million on a shorter deal without a lot of guarantees rather then have one star making a bulk of that money. Then when they do spend it they usually mess up. No matter which way you try and swing it this organization has done a terrible job.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 10:54 PM
i didn't read the whole pissing match between justa and op, but cheap to me is usually spending money poorly.

sure the bills spend the 4th most in 2007, but they sucked. so were they cheap? to me, if i'm cheap, it works when you are successful and have a low payroll. You are an idiot (in any industry) when you have a high cost of goods and little to show for it.

Ralph is the king of spending poorly. he has nothing to show for it when he does spend.

that all being said, i still think losing peters was probably for the best, but the bills didn't have a back up plan. they just expected someone else who wasn't on the team yet to step up and replace him.

Say what?

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 10:57 PM

I see a team that runs right around the middle of the pack in salary every season just like their record. They had ONE year they were towards the top and one or two years they were towards the bottom. That only runs through 2009 also. They definitely weren't near the top of the league the past few years.

They don't mind signing guys where they don't gave to commit a huge amount of guaranteed money or signing bonus on. They will every once in a while but then after that you won't see much of anything for a few years.

To one of your previous posts what it said about them signing Kelsay. Well that's just stupidity. In most years they would rather have several guys making 5 million on a shorter deal without a lot of guarantees rather then have one star making a bulk of that money. Then when they do spend it they usually mess up. No matter which way you try and swing it this organization has done a terrible job.
I agree they didn't spend wisely. They threw money at the wrong people but they threw money nonetheless. Maybe trap will understand that .

trapezeus
06-14-2013, 08:29 AM
I agree they didn't spend wisely. They threw money at the wrong people but they threw money nonetheless. Maybe trap will understand that .

i'm not arguing that. i think ralph spends money on players instead of infrastructure. having russ brandon as the CEO who has been largely a failure other than to pick some more pennies up with the toronto expansion is the wrong guy to have. to have a rotating GMship that is ineffective is a waste of money. to short change coaches his entire life hasn't helped either.

look at the teams with a real infrastructure in the front end. they have a draft strategy and have success and are in the playoffs routinley. Look at the owners trying to save money on coaches and front office, and you ahve overpaid players and constant coaching changes.

but justa, please jump back on russ's jock and tell us how he never has been in a senior role because you've never read about it before. Justa don't complain when the team is well below entertaining for the 14th year in a row.

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 08:34 AM

You still don't get it: from time to time they throw money around. Then, when it doesn't work, they use it as an excuse to be cheap for 4-5 years. Meanwhile, they consistently go cheap on coaches and GM's.

Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I have some expensive stuff, mostly electronics. But when it comes to clothes, going out to eat, food shopping, etc, I go cheap every single time. For me, though, those are compromises. I know I can't afford everything so I put the money where it's going to give me the most enjoyment. For the team, the trade-off doesn't give anyone any enjoyment except the one FA every 5 years who gets a big payday.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 09:21 AM
i'm not arguing that. i think ralph spends money on players instead of infrastructure. having russ brandon as the CEO who has been largely a failure other than to pick some more pennies up with the toronto expansion is the wrong guy to have. to have a rotating GMship that is ineffective is a waste of money. to short change coaches his entire life hasn't helped either.

look at the teams with a real infrastructure in the front end. they have a draft strategy and have success and are in the playoffs routinley. Look at the owners trying to save money on coaches and front office, and you ahve overpaid players and constant coaching changes.

but justa, please jump back on russ's jock and tell us how he never has been in a senior role because you've never read about it before. Justa don't complain when the team is well below entertaining for the 14th year in a row.
no one is arguing that Ralph made mistakes in choosing GM's. The argument is whether he spent money. He did.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 09:27 AM
You still don't get it: from time to time they throw money around. Then, when it doesn't work, they use it as an excuse to be cheap for 4-5 years. Meanwhile, they consistently go cheap on coaches and GM's.

No , you don't get. No one in the NFL has ever said that Ralph ever told them not to spend but you. However , it seems like Ralph is known for meddling.

Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I have some expensive stuff, mostly electronics. But when it comes to clothes, going out to eat, food shopping, etc, I go cheap every single time. For me, though, those are compromises. I know I can't afford everything so I put the money where it's going to give me the most enjoyment. For the team, the trade-off doesn't give anyone any enjoyment except the one FA every 5 years who gets a big payday. Ha! It's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about when you're comparing apples and oranges. You don't know what you're talking about . Thats just a stupid comparison. Bills vs. your personal enjoyment? Funny.

Captain Obvious
06-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

I don't believe you

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 09:33 AM
No , you don't get. No one in the NFL has ever said that Ralph ever told them not to spend but you. However , it seems like Ralph is known for meddling.

Ha! It's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about when you're comparing apples and oranges. You don't know what you're talking about . Thats just a stupid comparison. Bills vs. your personal enjoyment? Funny.

Well, whether you like my comparison or not is irrelevant.

Your whole premise is based on your assumption that no one has ever publicly said Ralph told them not to spend. Yet, you fail to account for the fact that people don't often want to criticize former bosses publicly (especially if they want another job) and that many of these guys have personal relationships with Ralph as well. More importantly, none of them spent. So, your premise is that 3 or 4 different GM's didn't spend money to fix a losing team when their jobs were on the line even though Ralph didn't prohibit them from spending money.

That's just absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe you

well you're a troll who never offers up an opinion and does nothing on this board except follow me around in fruitless attempts to catch me in a "gotcha" moment.

So, no one really cares what you believe.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Well, whether you like my comparison or not is irrelevant.
your comaprison counts when you're trying to tell us to just believe you. That was a sad attempt.

Your whole premise is based on your assumption that no one has ever publicly said Ralph told them not to spend. Yet, you fail to account for the fact that people don't often want to criticize former bosses publicly (especially if they want another job) and that many of these guys have personal relationships with Ralph as well. More importantly, none of them spent. So, your premise is that 3 or 4 different GM's didn't spend money to fix a losing team when their jobs were on the line even though Ralph didn't prohibit them from spending money.

That's just absurd.

my whole premise has more fact/examples of spending and you have nothing but your opinion? Please bring more than lip service to a gun fight

Did you know that the bills had the highest cap during the Kelly era? Did you know that even after that the bills went out and grabbed Spielman and Paup to huge contracts? Too bad they got hurt.

Then there's all the spending in Donahoes era.

Then there's the spending in Marv era and now Nix era.

Whether it's FA or re-signing their own players RALPH SPENT. FACT!

I postee a link that proves that bills were not even at the bottom of the league most of the time.

I asked you for lists of NE FA signings through the years. You brought nothing.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 09:44 AM

I never claimed RUSs to be a CEO /GM genius so how am I on his jock? I do however think he did a great job in marketing a bad product. He got you to spend all that money and time to travel and watch the bills didn't he?

I can see that it's not about me being in his jock but you being bitter that you got fooled. :snicker:

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 09:51 AM
your comaprison counts when you're trying to tell us to just believe you. That was a sad attempt.

my whole premise has more fact and you have nothing but your opinion? Please bring more than lip service to a gun fight

Did you know that the bills had the highest cap during the Kelly era? Did you know that even after that the bills went out and grabbed Spielman and Paup to huge contracts? Too bad they got hurt.

Then there's all the spending in Donahoes era.

Then there's the spending in Marv era and now Nix era.

Whether it's FA or re-signing their own players RALPH SPENT. FACT!

I postee a link that proves that bills were not even at the bottom of the league most of the time.

I asked you for lists of NE FA signings through the years. You brought nothing.
Your definition of "spent" and mine are different.

Bills were never higher than the middle of the pack in spending, save the year they signed Dockery. They've frequently been way below the salary cap. After they added Spikes and Fletcher, they didn't make a big splash in FA until they signed Dockery. After Dockery, they didn't make a big splash until they signed Mario Williams. This year, they failed to attract any big FA's AND failed to retain Levitre or lock up Byrd.

Yeah, I know you'll say they resigned guys like Kelsay and Evans, but look at all the players they let walk: Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Jonas Jennings, Jason Peters, Paul Posluzny, Donte Whitner, Andy Levitre- and that's just off the top of my head so I'm probably missing a few. And no, I'm not saying they should have re-signed all those guys (I've made my feelings on Poz and Whitner well known), but it's not about what I wanted. The fact that they let all these guys walk goes against your contention that they were spending to retain their own.

I haven't been able to find salary data on Gailey or Marrone but Jauron was the 2nd lowest paid coach in the league.

Those are facts, not lip service.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 09:59 AM
This year, they failed to attract any big FA's AND failed to retain Levitre or lock up Byrd. why would they? They just brought in a new head coach. New head coaches usually see what they inherited first before they go spending. Did you see Bellicheat spend a lot in his first year at NE? Have you seen Bellicheat spend a lot in FA EVER?

Yeah, I know you'll say they resigned guys like Kelsay and Evans, but look at all the players they let walk: Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Jonas Jennings, Jason Peters, Paul Posluzny, Donte Whitner, Andy Levitre- and that's just off the top of my head so I'm probably missing a few. And no, I'm not saying they should have re-signed all those guys (I've made my feelings on Poz and Whitner well known), but it's not about what I wanted. The fact that they let all these guys walk goes against your contention that they were spending to retain their own.

show me a team that re-signed all their players I DARE YOU!!!!!!

I haven't been able to find salary data on Gailey or Marrone but Jauron was the 2nd lowest paid coach in the league.

Those are facts, not lip service. We've gone through this already and you get owned all the time. We ended up with Jauron because Marv wanted him and Ralph wanted Sherman.

We ended up with Gailey because Shanahan , Cowher and Gruden weren't interested.

They interviewed Lovie, and other coaches with experience. Hiring Marrone has nothing to do with salary. ANYONE WHO IMPLIES WE HIRED MARRONE BECAUSE OF SALARY IS BEING STUPID.

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 10:10 AM
And you don't think salary had anything to do with why Shanahan, Cowher and Gruden weren't interested? Please

And you always SAY that Ralph wanted Sherman- where's your proof? And where's your proof that Sherman would have made more?

And even if Sherman would have cost more, that's ONE example from a guy who has CONSISTENTLY underpaid coaches. It's the old Billszone mantra of attempting to use the exception to prove the rule.

And it's not about how well other teams do at retaining their players. Your contention is that the Bills spent to keep their own. I just gave you a list of their own that they didn't keep. What other teams do is irrelevant to this discussion.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 10:13 AM
And you don't think salary had anything to do with why Shanahan, Cowher and Gruden weren't interested? Please

Are Gruden and Cowher coaching now? NO. They just weren't interested in coaching for ANYONE . PLEASE.

You're getting pwnd.

I'm still waiting for your list of big FA signings by the partiots since BB took over. :tap:

Please compare it to the bills.

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Are Gruden and Cowher coaching now? NO. They just weren't interested in coaching for ANYONE . PLEASE.

You're getting pwnd.

I'm still waiting for your list of big FA signings by the partiots since BB took over. :tap:

Please compare it to the bills.

Once again, irrelevant. I'm not talking about the Patriots.

I'm talking about Ralph being cheap.

It's ridiculous to compare us to the Patriots. Why? Because whatever they're doing- however much they're spending or not spending- it's working. Whatever the Bills are doing- well, it's ****ing garbage. And when they don't spend, they aren't using all the possible avenues to fix it.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Once again, irrelevant. I'm not talking about the Patriots.

I'm talking about Ralph being cheap.

It's ridiculous to compare us to the Patriots. Why? Because whatever they're doing- however much they're spending or not spending- it's working. Whatever the Bills are doing- well, it's ****ing garbage. And when they don't spend, they aren't using all the possible avenues to fix it.

You're entire premise is that the bills are cheap because of not spending in FA. Well, I'm comparing their FA spending not only to a big market team but the most successful team in the last decade.

It's ridiculous because you HAVE NOTHING. I'll give you 1 name . Adalius Thomas .Wooohoooo! Big Spenders.

The patriots are cheap because they keep trading down in the draft. :snicker:

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 10:29 AM
You're entire premise is that the bills are cheap because of not spending in FA. Well, I'm comparing their FA spending not only to a big market team but the most successful team in the last decade.

It's ridiculous because you HAVE NOTHING. I'll give you 1 name . Adalius Thomas .Wooohoooo! Big Spenders.

The patriots are cheap because they keep trading down in the draft. :snicker:

If the Bills were winning as much as the Patriots, I wouldn't give two ****s about how much they are spending because they are accomplishing the goal: winning.

But the Bills aren't winning. The NFL really only gives you two ways to improve your team: the draft and FA. When they don't spend in FA, they are neglecting one of the two ways to improve. It's that simple.

And I also showed you where the Bills went cheap by not re-signing their own and where the Bills went cheap on coaches, and your only response was, well, you didn't have one.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 10:32 AM
If the Bills were winning as much as the Patriots, I wouldn't give two ****s about how much they are spending because they are accomplishing the goal: winning.

But the Bills aren't winning. The NFL really only gives you two ways to improve your team: the draft and FA. When they don't spend in FA, they are neglecting one of the two ways to improve. It's that simple. Still nothing huh? Thought so.

And I also showed you where the Bills went cheap by not re-signing their own and where the Bills went cheap on coaches, and your only response was, well, you didn't have one.
been there , done that.

Translation: pwned again.

:snicker:

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Still nothing huh? Thought so.

been there , done that.

Translation: pwned again.

:snicker:

Lmao- you haven't proven anything. Your whole argument is based on what former GM's didn't say to the media and some "fact" that Ralph was willing to pay Sherman that you pulled out of your ass. This Patriots comparison is ridiculous because the Patriots are winning. Again, if the Bills were winning, Ralph being cheap would be irrelevant. But they're not winning. Let's assume that you're right and the Bills and the Patriots have similar spending- well the Patriots are winning with that amount of spending. The Bills aren't. So, the Bills can either be stupid and keep doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results, or they can admit that they can't get by at the current spending levels and stop being cheap. Once again, it's that simple.

"but but but.... the Patriots, Ralph wanted Sherman, the GM's didn't say bad stuff about Ralph to reporters...." Please. I'm not the one who got pwnd here.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Lmao- you haven't proven anything. Your whole argument is based on what former GM's didn't say to the media and some "fact" that Ralph was willing to pay Sherman that you pulled out of your ass. This Patriots comparison is ridiculous because the Patriots are winning. Again, if the Bills were winning, Ralph being cheap would be irrelevant. But they're not winning. Let's assume that you're right and the Bills and the Patriots have similar spending- well the Patriots are winning with that amount of spending. The Bills aren't. So, the Bills can either be stupid and keep doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results, or they can admit that they can't get by at the current spending levels and stop being cheap. Once again, it's that simple.

"but but but.... the Patriots, Ralph wanted Sherman, the GM's didn't say bad stuff about Ralph to reporters...." Please. I'm not the one who got pwnd here.

still nothing no list. thought so.

Pretty sure you didn't even know that Sherman interviewed for the job in 2006. It's a fact!

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
still nothing no list. thought so.

Pretty sure you didn't even know that Sherman interviewed for the job in 2006. It's a fact!

lmao that you still think a list of what the Patriots did is somehow relevant to this discussion.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Levy, Wilson Split? WGR radio is reporting that Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson are split on who the next head coach should be. Sources told the station Levy wants Dick Jauron while Wilson wants Mike Sherman. This would make sense since Jauron worked in Chicago where Levy lives and use to have Bears broadcasting assignments. Sherman also may want more control being a former GM at that may cause conflict with Levy.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/archives/2006/jan3.shtml

Bills | Debating head coaching situation

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills team sources said there may be a split inside the organization, with some favoring Dick Jauron and others liking Mike Sherman as the team's next head coach. If that is the case, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Dom Capers could become the compromise candidate.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=288893-bills---debating-head-coaching-situation#ixzz2WCrTPsfF

pwned again.

OpIv37
06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
http://www.billsdaily.com/news/archives/2006/jan3.shtml

pwned again.

Ha, not at all.

Once again, Ralph being willing to pay ONE time does not mean he's not cheap. I can show you a handful of games where Fitz played great. That doesn't make him a great QB.

Pwnd, again. You haven't come up with a single relevant point yet.

justasportsfan
06-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Ha, not at all.

Once again, Ralph being willing to pay ONE time does not mean he's not cheap. I can show you a handful of games where Fitz played great. That doesn't make him a great QB.

Pwnd, again. You haven't come up with a single relevant point yet.

lol.

I just pwned your "Ralph is cheap for hiring Jauron" and that I "pulled the Sherman thing out of your ass"

:roflmao:

you talk about relevant and yet you comapred your spending to the Bills spending? you pwned yourself on that one

:roflmao:

PromoTheRobot
06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey maybe Peters will get released by the Eagles. Then the Bills can right a great wrong by signing Peters to a $15M/yr deal. I mean the guy is a lock for the hall of fame and all. Peters really showed us by making the Eagles so good.

PTR

Bill Cody
06-19-2013, 09:47 AM
They didn't give it to him because they didn't want to overpay. Instead they got 2 draft picks in return and removed a cancer. Yes, that's smart.

Fixed it for you

POTLAND PSILBYLO
06-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I know I'm just butting in, but ... Bills to the SB!!!