PDA

View Full Version : Who is That Player Marrone is talking about today?

ghz in pittsburgh
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Can you elaborate a little bit more on what you mean by the difference between having the pads off versus having them on? A: Sure. I can give you a better perspective from the offensive side of things, but I’ll try to give you both. For lack of a better example, I’m going to give an example for each. You’re a receiver and you’re coming over the middle and you’re in this type of phase of what we do, you know you’re no going to get hit. A little bit easier to go ahead and catch that ball in there. For the defensive side of things I think it’s a little bit easier to go in there and tag somebody when the reality is you’re going to have to go in there and tackle. I think those are the things that happen once you put the pads on. I’ve made that mistake before and I’ve said that publically. I’ve been in a situation where we’ve had a player perform extremely well in this type of environment to a point where we started putting in plays for him in our system going in to the preseason camp and that player didn’t perform the same way once the pads came off. We probably wasted a little bit of time. One thing about us as coaches and players, time management is quite big.

I'm going to guess Reggie Bush.

Oaf
06-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Once the pads came on*?

tatersalad
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
good guess

Extremebillsfan247
06-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Maybe WR Alec Lemon? Syracuse is where I'd imagine Marrone having enough power to build anything around a specific player. JMO

The last buffalo fan
06-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Stevie Johnson!

Homegrown
06-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Rudy

better days
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Maybe WR Alec Lemon? Syracuse is where I'd imagine Marrone having enough power to build anything around a specific player. JMO

he said WE'VE & WE, so it could have been the Saints as well.