PDA

View Full Version : Bags no longer allowed in NFL stadiums

Meathead
06-13-2013, 02:39 PM
League alters bag policy for safety, convenience

The NFL is now prohibiting purses and other similar bags from pro football stadiums.

The NFL has confirmed that the policy, primarily intended to enhance safety, was revised based on the recommendation of the Stadium Security and Fan Conduct Committee.

Fans will be encouraged to bring no bags of any kind to NFL stadiums. Starting with the 2013 preseason, only certain bags will be permitted. Specifically, the bags must be clear, and they must be made of plastic, vinyl, or PVC. The dimensions may not exceed 12 inches by six inches by 12 inches. Alternatively, fans may bring a one-gallon Ziploc (product placement!) freezer bag.

Fans are limited to one bag each. Teams will be encouraged to make clear bags available for their belongings. Binoculars, phones, and cameras can be can be carried in to the stadium.

Coincidentally, clear plastic tote bags bearing official NFL team logos are available for purchase.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/league-alters-bag-policy-for-safety-convenience/

... so most fans will have to leave their wives at home <br><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.4shared.com/flash/player.swf?ver=9051" style="" id="ply" name="ply" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" wmode="opaque" flashvars="file=http://soundfxcenter.com/music/musical-instruments/749a13_Ba_Dum_Tss_Sound_Effect.mp3&amp;volume=50&amp;" height="20" width="200"></script>

OpIv37
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM
translation:

"too many people are sneaking in flasks and bags of peanuts so they don't have to pay for our $9 beers and $6 popcorn. We better do something about this."

IlluminatusUIUC
06-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Love this line:

Coincidentally, clear plastic tote bags bearing official NFL team logos are available for purchase.

justasportsfan
06-13-2013, 02:50 PM
looks like a lot of people will be walking funny

trapezeus
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
you'd think between the excellent sponsorship, great tv rates, stealing from state and county coffers for their fixed assets, they'd let a few of us eat some of the halfway decent food we have in our cars instead of eating the crap that aramak provides at 5x the rate.

PTI
06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
translation:

"too many people are sneaking in flasks and bags of peanuts so they don't have to pay for our $9 beers and $6 popcorn. We better do something about this."

That is part of it, the real reason is security though, I bet insurance rates are massive on stadiums and they do not want a bomb to go off. I bet they start having initial security points before the gate to tell people no bags.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
That is part of it, the real reason is security though, I bet insurance rates are massive on stadiums and they do not want a bomb to go off. I bet they start having initial security points before the gate to tell people no bags.

Yeah, I mean the concessions angle isn't going to hurt them but the real reason is the Boston marathon bombing.

coastal
06-13-2013, 04:21 PM
****ing stupid.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-13-2013, 04:34 PM
im going to the opener, ill just put a 1/5th of rum in my pants

Extremebillsfan247
06-13-2013, 06:39 PM
It's understandable, the last thing anyone wants is some nut job trying to replicate another Boston Marathon incident at an NFL game.

THATHURMANATOR
06-13-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't bring anything in anyways.

I am usually all good after the tailgate. Maybe a water and a popcorn, or coffee in the winter. I can splurge for 10 or 15 bucks.

This means nothing to me. I am sure we will hear the whiners with "I AM NEVER GOING AGAIN WAAAAA" just like when they banned dirty smokers.

Mace
06-14-2013, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't let any of you people bring bags into my stadium anyway if I owned one. As previously mentioned, if you cannot strap bags of hard liquor to your thighs you have no business drinking hard liquor that wasn't smuggled in strapped to your thighs. Man up and strap your booze to your thighs, this is America and people have been strapping booze to their thighs since I saw whoever I saw in the 70's and drank booze strapped to my thighs. I don't really remember who I saw in the 70's but it was a lot of bands believe you me. Put your alcohol in your pants like an American.

Meathead
06-15-2013, 05:58 AM
or you can do like me and convert your whizzinator (http://www.detoxforless.com/urine-test-device/whizzinator-fake-penis.aspx) into a decanter

feldspar
06-15-2013, 07:13 AM
If I can't bring a bag, then what the hell am I going to put over my head?

JoeMama
06-15-2013, 07:17 AM
But paper bags accessorize so nicely with Bills gear to complete a snappy ensemble.

It's a crime against fashion to take them away.

gr8slayer
06-15-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm fine with this.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-15-2013, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't let any of you people bring bags into my stadium anyway if I owned one. As previously mentioned, if you cannot strap bags of hard liquor to your thighs you have no business drinking hard liquor that wasn't smuggled in strapped to your thighs. Man up and strap your booze to your thighs, this is America and people have been strapping booze to their thighs since I saw whoever I saw in the 70's and drank booze strapped to my thighs. I don't really remember who I saw in the 70's but it was a lot of bands believe you me. Put your alcohol in your pants like an American.

Thank god Mace joined the zone. I missed posts like this.

DynaPaul
06-16-2013, 06:38 AM
... just like when they banned dirty smokers.

You're what's wrong with America.

DraftBoy
06-16-2013, 10:16 AM
This has been coming for a while, the tragedy in Boston just made it easier to justify.

Historian
06-17-2013, 10:24 AM
im going to the opener, ill just put a 1/5th of rum in my pants

Pissing on yourself doesn't count...

Meathead
06-17-2013, 10:46 AM
just for grins did anybody click on my sound bite link at the bottom?

idk why but that thing cracks me up every time. i come back here just to play it over again lol

Mace
06-21-2013, 08:45 PM
The rimshot ? Absolutely.