PDA

View Full Version : Vigneault reportedly being signed as Rangers HC

black N yellow
06-15-2013, 06:06 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22430504/report-alain-vigneault-to-become-rangers-coach

I gotta say, every job that passes over Ruff makes me a laugh a little when all we heard for years was how fast he would be picked up.

swiper
06-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Vigneault signed. Not a rumor. He was their guy all along. Messier was 2nd. Ruff was likely 3rd.

It's funny to watch the Ruff haters. Where were they all in '06 - '07?

SabreEleven
06-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Vigneault signed. Not a rumor. He was their guy all along. Messier was 2nd. Ruff was likely 3rd.

So we are suppose to kiss Ruff's ass because he had a good team who couldn't win the Stanley Cup over 6 years ago?

swiper
06-16-2013, 05:49 AM
So we are suppose to kiss Ruff's ass because he had a good team who couldn't win the Stanley Cup over 6 years ago?

Never said that. His time was up a couple of years ago. But the problem with the Sabres is more Regier's inability to get some marquee players to lead this team. Guys that really deserve to wear the C. Not Ott, who is no doubt a favorite, but is truly a role player.

The point with my post was that the people that seem to readily hate on him now, likely loved him then. He didn't change. The make-up of the team changed. That's on Regier.

SkateZilla
06-17-2013, 03:04 PM
and torts has a interview out west already... lol.

black N yellow
06-17-2013, 07:12 PM

To be honest I've never been much of a fan of his.

gebobs
06-18-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't have any idea who is responsible for all the boneheaded moves, but IMHO Darcy should have been canned.

Case in point...uses the #20 pick on Paille in '02. "Buy high, sell low". Trades Paille, inside the division no less, for a 3rd round pick. Uses that pick to get Kevin Sundher, a scrawny center with no physical game who finally made it to the Amerks last year at 21.

If Paille scores a third Stanley Cup finals game winner in a row, we should storm the Sabres FO with torches and pitchforks and hang Regier by his pencil neck.

'02 was a singular year for Regier. Ballard, Paille, Wideman. *facepalm*

swiper
06-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Paille is singlehandedly embarassing Regier of late.