Good luck this year!

Em
    www.footballgameplan.com
    "Where Football Makes Sense"
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Team Preview - Buffalo Bills

I feel Chandler is mediocre... Look for Gragg to steal the job. Chandler becomes a red zone guy only.

I like Carrington as well, when the big names were sucking air last year, Carrington was flying around.

My only beef to your preview is your optimism. You seem to have high hopes on all the rookies.
    Last edited by The King; 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

thanks Emory.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
        I feel Chandler is mediocre... Look for Gragg to steal the job. Chandler becomes a red zone guy only.

I like Carrington as well, when the big names were sucking air last year, Carrington was flying around.

My only beef to your preview is your optimism. You seem to have high hopes on all the rookies.
        Hey Op, quit hijacking The Kings account.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
          • May 2003

Thanks for the preview! I love the optimism. I think the Bills will sneak up on teams and steal some games. 1st in the AFC East might be a stretch IMHO. If the evil empire has the injury bug then maybe, just maybe... GO BILLS!
          Send me some wings!

Comment

• jills
            • Oct 2009

1st in the AFC East? I lol'd

Thanks Em

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

LOL, fantasyland.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Winning the division can happen, but the deck is heavily stacked against this team to fail in that task, especially if they start EJ Manuel. The schedule wont don't them any favors. Adding to that a new coach, a new OC, and DC, the Bills can quickly find themselves overwhelmed in our division. This isn't like the NFC west. The Patriots went 12-4 last year. They were 1 of only 2 teams in the NFL to sweep their division games. For those of you unfamiliar with that term, it means nobody in our division beat the Patriots last year. No one else in our division even had a winning record. I hope Gameplan turns out to be right, but I'm not sure it's realistic knowing the gravity of the situation. Good video though.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

dude. always liked your stuff but winning the division? im as optimistic as they come but thats a longshot at best. marrone would instantly be in the conversation as best bills coach ever if he managed to take a new staff with a very young lineup to the playoffs, let alone the division. given the jets and fish questions, second place isnt out of the question but as long as the cheaters have brady they are guaranteed ten plus wins a season

all in all really hard to see them passing the cheats. but if they do you will instantly enter the convo as greatest predicter ever. so good luck
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                    Winning the division can happen, but the deck is heavily stacked against this team to fail in that task, especially if they start EJ Manuel. The schedule wont don't them any favors. Adding to that a new coach, a new OC, and DC, the Bills can quickly find themselves overwhelmed in our division. This isn't like the NFC west. The Patriots went 12-4 last year. They were 1 of only 2 teams in the NFL to sweep their division games. For those of you unfamiliar with that term, it means nobody in our division beat the Patriots last year. No one else in our division even had a winning record. I hope Gameplan turns out to be right, but I'm not sure it's realistic knowing the gravity of the situation. Good video though.
                    If the Pats* were in a different division, I doubt they would have dominated it as they have the AFC East. It is not that they have been so good, it is that the rest of the division has been so BAD.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

This is very good work but the writing is a little sketchy and unsupported. For one thing what does it mean that Kolb is "maxed out"? If he were to play at his highest level we got a stud in him. And the guy isn't even injured that much but is coming off injury so I guess that's where people are getting that he's made of "glass". Still, what is this maxed out concept all about?

Second: you go through the positions nicely and pretty much every single one there is a "watch out for" person ... well that usually means there is no one whose really performed at that position well on the team. So based on what are you saying this team wins the division? I do think it could happen ... but no way would I PICK them to win the division that is just ludicrous.

Comment

• Meathead
                        • Jul 2002

i think he means that weve seen the best kolb has to offer and its not going to be good enough. hes most likely correct, but its also possible we might see kolb finally emerge. he did have some very solid games in philly and really didnt suck until his already shakey line in arizona lost some starters and became really bad

the other criticism i have of this piece is portraying robert woods as having the speed to 'take it the distance'. i suppose any nfl wr can make a long td, but woods certainly isnt known as a speedster. in fact, hes relatively slowish, but makes up for it with outstanding technique. hes more like a reliable guy who does most everything right as opposed to someone you have to give a cushion to

Comment

• bleve
                          • Mar 2005

Way too early in the season for making predictions, but nice job. Very nice dimple on the Windsor knot by the way.

It's Andy - not Adam

I swear I heard Adam Levitre

Stopping the run takes talent and coaching, I don't think they lacked "heart".

Taking the Division? Whoa there! I think a Jim Mora quote is in order.

Production and quality getting better every season.
                          "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                          ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                            i think he means that weve seen the best kolb has to offer and its not going to be good enough. hes most likely correct, but its also possible we might see kolb finally emerge. he did have some very solid games in philly and really didnt suck until his already shakey line in arizona lost some starters and became really bad

the other criticism i have of this piece is portraying robert woods as having the speed to 'take it the distance'. i suppose any nfl wr can make a long td, but woods certainly isnt known as a speedster. in fact, hes relatively slowish, but makes up for it with outstanding technique. hes more like a reliable guy who does most everything right as opposed to someone you have to give a cushion to
                            Good post Meathead. I think he should have said Robert Woods has the ability to take it the distance. Much like Jerry Rice had the ability to take it the distance even though he was not known as a speedster.

Comment

• Meathead
                              • Jul 2002

zackly

basically robert woods is jerry rice. case closed

Comment

Working...
                              X