PDA

View Full Version : Good Read on picks

tatersalad
06-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I like the comment on Rogers

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/insightfully-examining-buffalo-bills-2013-draft-class-rotoworlds-150500584.html

IlluminatusUIUC
06-18-2013, 01:54 PM
2. In an uptempo, west-coast offense with some vertical concepts, give me a player comparison ceiling and floor for Manuel.

That basically sounds like a description of Andy Reid's offense in Philadelphia, and I think Donovan McNabb is a comparable player who had a lot of success in that type of offense. As far as a floor goes, I can see a lot of similarities between him and Jake Locker when he was coming out of Washington.

Well that's concerning.

Thief
06-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I would take a young McNabb. Yes please. Love the WR comments as well.

tatersalad
06-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Yea i would also take mcnabb....

IlluminatusUIUC
06-18-2013, 03:07 PM
McNabb was alright, but he was painfully inconsistent his entire career. I've already been down that road.

tatersalad
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
I think what donavan did in philly was AWESOME. went to superbowl could win in 4th quarter etc and wasn't a bad guy I'll take that

k-oneputt
06-18-2013, 04:26 PM
McNabb was alright, but he was painfully inconsistent his entire career. I've already been down that road.

And that is exactly what Manuel was at FSU. I hope the Bills got this qb pick right.

better days
06-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't know why people seem to think you have to start a QB immediately just because he was drafted in the first rnd. With the new rookie pay scale, there is no reason to not let a guy sit & develop. If EJ wins the QB battle, great he starts, but if Kolb wins there is no problem with letting him sit a while

TigerJ
06-18-2013, 08:51 PM
I think that from a mental standpoint Manuel is ahead of both McNabb and Locker when they came out of college. Manuel didn't have the best Wonderlic score in this years QB class, but easily outscored both McNabb and Locker. He also has his degree. None of that means he's going to have the ever elusive "football intelligence" you look for in a QB, but he's going to be able to commit the playbook to memory more easily and probably work with a more complex and demanding offense than Locker can handle, or than what McNabb could handle when he played. The million dollar question we can't answer yet is whether the shortcomings he manifested at Florida State were due to a deficiency in Manuel's own football instinct/aptitude or poor handling of him by the Florida State coaching staff.

jamze132
06-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Why do people instantly compare every young black QB to McNabb?

better days
06-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Why do people instantly compare every young black QB to McNabb?

Manuel looks a lot more like Big Ben or Cam Newton to me. Those two are the only QBs with similar size to Manuel.

justasportsfan
06-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Manuel looks a lot more like Big Ben or Cam Newton to me.

Ej preys on drunk college girls and steals laptops ?

djjimkelly
06-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Ej preys on drunk college girls and steals laptops ?

he's better then that he does both at same time.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Manuel looks a lot more like Big Ben or Cam Newton to me. Those two are the only QBs with similar size to Manuel.

Josh Freeman has similar size too.

Obviously I hope he plays like Big Ben, I just don't see him as the same dynamic running threat as Cam Newton. He's athletic enough to put in some of those options, but I don't think it should be the base of our O the same way it is in Carolina.