PDA

View Full Version : Pegula wants Miller and Vanek to stay, fully backs Darcy in running Sabres team

DetDannyWilliams
06-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula went on the air today on the radio show that he funds, and told the employees of his organization and the fans that he wants Ryan Miller (http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/millery01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-sabrenoise.com) and Thomas Vanek (http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/v/vanekth01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-sabrenoise.com) back in Buffalo. He also says he fully backs Darcy Regier (http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/r/regieda01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-sabrenoise.com) in the process of running hockey operations. Did Terry Pegula show his cards and basically tell us that Darcy Regier has been instructed to do what it takes to make sure that Ryan Miller and Thomas Vanek are happy and will remain on the Buffalo Sabres for the foreseeable future; or has the Buffalo Sabres owner let his fandom show through more than his urge to build a winning championship? http://sabrenoise.com/2013/06/18/buffalo-sabres-owner-terry-pegula-wants-ryan-miller-and-thomas-vanek-back-next-season/

Skooby
06-18-2013, 04:52 PM
He supports our players, what's the problem?

rbochan
06-18-2013, 04:55 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/aeuozq.jpg

Dude
06-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Pegula is clueless. Maybe the next owner will finally fix things.

swiper
06-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Please Lord, don't let them start talking about "the next owner" already.

gebobs
06-19-2013, 04:43 AM

Regier is mediocre at best and incompetent at worst. You can't say your goal is to win the Stanley Cup and still retain him.

Man, I still think back to those brief days of hope lo these few years ago and it still makes my heart flutter a bit. And then I'm confronted with the reality of the present.

*sigh*

rbochan
06-19-2013, 07:03 AM

Ummmm... help me to understand this:

Darcy had no choice but to work with what previous ownership gave him.
Lindy had no choice but to ice the team Darcy drafted.
Darcy had no choice but to draft what was available.
And then had no choice but to overpay them to keep them.
Because he had previously had no choice about keeping them at a reasonable rate.
And he had no choice at keeping them for a reasonable rate because he didn't negotiate during the regular season and other teams were poaching them or they were getting tired of the runaround and jumping-ship.
Lindy had no choice but to offer preferred ice-time to certain players because they were being paid more.
Darcy had no choice but trade for other teams' cast-offs at the trade-deadline because there were no trades being made otherwise.
Lindy had no choice but to bench them.
Terry had no choice but to re-sign Darcy because he was overseeing a team he had promised would capture multiple championships.
Darcy had no choice but to fire Lindy for the team's under-performance even though Lindy had no choice about how often the players showed up and decided (if and when they were) to play for him.
Ron had no choice but to replace Lindy and coach the team he was given.
Darcy had no choice but to shed the top-end talent in order to begin a rebuild.
Terry had no choice but to believe Darcy because Darcy's been hailed as a Hockey genius.
Darcy had no choice to look for another coach because Ron wasn't given a fair look and was coaching a decimated team.
Terry has no choice but to support Darcy because Darcy really hasn't done anything wrong.

That sound just about correct?

Feel free to chime in with anything I may have missed...Please.

Now I ask you - Is there not a ****ing shred of sack or accountability in this whole suck-ass, godforsaken organization??

The lying circuitousness of the illogic supporting a never-ending, self-fulfilling string of ****ing bull****, schoolboy excuses. Jesus ****ing Christ - Is there not a single man in the whole ********* organization?

SabreEleven
06-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Pegula asked the wrong question...It's not what he has done wrong...It should be "What has he done right?". I know he hasn't brought the Stanley Cup to Buffalo.

sukie
06-19-2013, 08:28 AM

Support our players with a big hug or bring a championship to Buffalo... which is it, Terry?

Dude
06-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Please Lord, don't let them start talking about "the next owner" already.
Why not? This owner sucks.

swiper
06-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Why not? This owner sucks.

He certainly has disappointed, so far, to live up to all the hype he arrived with.

I'm with sukie. When you spend too much time hugging your players, you end up with a bunch of whiny, high maintence guys that don't produce to their potential. Ryan Miller comes to mind.

rbochan
06-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Keep suffering everyone, the painter is working on a priceless masterpiece as we speak.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jb8bkk.jpg

Skooby
06-19-2013, 10:31 PM
You guys thought I was serious ?? Darcy needs to burn in Hades for all the years of crap we've been put through. There must be something in the water that makes the management stupid for our local major league franchises, it's like we're possessed for building in Cheektowaga or something.

Anyways Pegs is a homer who is enamored with our Sabres past, a group of non-winning teams. Go non-winning teams, lose again.

Mouldsie
06-22-2013, 11:45 AM
IDK how Pegula got rich

JoeMama
06-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Buffalo Bills football has been so horrifically bad, that I still consider the Sabres a fantastically run organization.

I mean, their playoff drought has only lasted TWO YEARS.

I can't bring myself to be hyper critical of the Sabres... yet. I'm just happy they're actually competitive.

The bar is pretty low. Thanks Bills!

Skooby
06-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Pegula blew lots of gas & sold out.