PDA

View Full Version : Report: Hernandez recently was sued for allegedly shooting someone in the face

ThunderGun
06-19-2013, 02:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/19/report-hernandez-recently-was-sued-for-allegedly-shooting-someone-in-the-face/

This is apparently unrelated to the murder investigation he is currently involved with. Looks like there is at least a possibility that the Pats will be without BOTH of their Tight Ends when we play them Week 1.

According to TMZ, Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was sued last week in a Florida federal court for allegedly shooting someone in the face.

The lawsuit, filed by Alexander S. Bradley, claims that Hernandez shot Bradley on February 13, 2013 while the two men were riding in a car. Bradley allegedly lost his right eye as a result of the incident, along with other injuries.

Per TMZ, the case was dismissed only four days after it was filed. Since it’s highly unlikely that any action was taken on the case that quickly, there’s a chance the case was settled.

Bill Cody
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
if it was dismissed/settled why are you bringing it up and saying he might be out?:scratch:

Night Train
06-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Police back at the house today.

This must make the numerous closet Pats fans here a bit uneasy.

Bill Cody
06-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Police back at the house today.

This must make the numerous closet Pats fans here a bit uneasy.

If Pats fans are gay what does that make closet Pats fans? Really really gay?

better days
06-19-2013, 02:52 PM
If Pats fans are gay what does that make closet Pats fans? Really really gay? They are probably no more gay than their boy Tommy Brady. They are just too ashamed to let their gay freak flag fly unlike Tommy who has no qualms about showing his gayness.

Yasgur's Farm
06-19-2013, 03:43 PM
if it was dismissed/settled why are you bringing it up and saying he might be out?:scratch:Potential NFL suspension comes to mind quickly.

ServoBillieves
06-19-2013, 03:45 PM
If Pats fans are gay what does that make closet Pats fans? Really really gay?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GIAChPHGz6E/T6hyGBfhmwI/AAAAAAAAgW8/lgcnOdbGrJw/s1600/doublerainbow.jpg

ServoBillieves
06-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Wait... so you can shoot a guy in the ****ing face and make him lose his eye and not go to jail? What's Ryan Tannehill's address?

The King
06-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Wait... so you can shoot a guy in the ****ing face and make him lose his eye and not go to jail? What's Ryan Tannehill's address?
Exactly what I thought. And why is this just making news now? He's also being investigated for a shooting in North Attelboro MA.

Albany,n.y.
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
They are probably no more gay than their boy Tommy Brady. They are just too ashamed to let their gay freak flag fly unlike Tommy who has no qualms about showing his gayness.

This Tom Brady is gay nonsense is as stupid as it gets around here.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-19-2013, 04:15 PM
if it was dismissed/settled why are you bringing it up and saying he might be out?:scratch:

10:34 AM PT -- Sources connected to the case tell us ... Bradley's legal team only dismissed the case because there was an error in the paperwork ... and they FULLY plan to REFILE the lawsuit TODAY.

Exactly what I thought. And why is this just making news now? He's also being investigated for a shooting in North Attelboro MA.

The suit was only filed last week.

The King
06-19-2013, 04:22 PM
The suit was only filed last week.
Yea but isnt it news when someone is shot in the fn face?

kishoph
06-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Just because that they're saying Hernandez is not a suspect in the case that they are investigating now, doesn't mean anything, Police often report that someone is not a suspect, while he may be their #1 suspect. The man has a history of shooting people, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he does get charged in this ongoing case.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-19-2013, 04:31 PM

I don't think there was any connection to Hernandez until the lawsuit was filed. Without Hernandez' name its just a guy getting shot in Miami, which isn't national news.

better days
06-19-2013, 05:55 PM
This Tom Brady is gay nonsense is as stupid as it gets around here. Nonsense? Just google Tom Brady gay images. Explain the MANY pictures of Brady that you will find in the results of that search if it is nonsense.

Turf
06-19-2013, 05:55 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-aaron-hernandez-house-visited-in-homicide-investigation-061813

NOT THE DUDE...
06-19-2013, 06:32 PM
im guessing, but its probably just an acquaintance that asked hernandez if he could rent something in his name for w/e reason and probably died from a drug deal gone bad. I just find it hard to believe aaron hernandez would murder someone risking everything... not only that, but if it was an accident that they tried to cover up, than it would be best to just go to the police.

mightysimi
06-19-2013, 08:39 PM
They re-filed the law suit as it was dismissed due to improper paperwork.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/19/suit-against-hernandez-being-re-filed-today/

BADTHINGSMAN
06-19-2013, 08:51 PM
im guessing, but its probably just an acquaintance that asked hernandez if he could rent something in his name for w/e reason and probably died from a drug deal gone bad. I just find it hard to believe aaron hernandez would murder someone risking everything... not only that, but if it was an accident that they tried to cover up, than it would be best to just go to the police.

He wouldn't be the first NFL player to murder someone. Not saying he did it but anyone who commits any crime is risking everything, the biggest being freedom.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-19-2013, 09:35 PM
He wouldn't be the first NFL player to murder someone. Not saying he did it but anyone who commits any crime is risking everything, the biggest being freedom.

I agree, but lets not confuse the context of aaron hernandez, te for the ne patriots and some dude trying to survive on the streets

TigerJ
06-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Potential NFL suspension comes to mind quickly.Maybe, but after bountygate the NFL might be a little wary of litigation. If the case was settled out of court, then it's the business of the two parties that settled, and I'm not sure the NFL can take action on a matter that lost any legal status when it was settled. They can suspend him because they think there might have been something to the case. I would think a suspension could only happen if he gets implicated as having some kind of involvement in this murder and ends up being charged with something.

trapezeus
06-19-2013, 09:54 PM
if hernandez shot brady in the face, they could have lobbied to have the trial in buffalo. I am sure we'd all be willing to see it as a mistake.

I hope pats fans are excited to see tebow as TE.

Goobylal
06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
If the gun charge proves to be true, he'll get suspended by Sir Roger.

better days
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
If the gun charge proves to be true, he'll get suspended by Sir Roger. As he should be. Players have been suspended for far less than shooting somebody. Hell, I remember one player for a team in NJ that got suspended for shooting himself.

Meathead
06-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Nonsense? Just google Tom Brady gay images. Explain the MANY pictures of Brady that you will find in the results of that search if it is nonsense.

where theres pole smoking theres fire

kishoph
06-20-2013, 02:56 AM

He already shot someone in the face, that's not exactly trying to wing somebody.

gebobs
06-20-2013, 05:20 AM
LOL...Miami police didn't even bother to investigate. Or maybe the Stand Your Ground law applies inside cars too.

k-oneputt
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Hernadez has even more problems with this latest murder investigation. They are now saying he was linked and was in the vehicle. Bye bye loser. So opening day, no Hernandez, no Gronk due to his injuries, no Welker who's in Denver. Things are looking better for the Bills.

DraftBoy
06-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Clearly this is why they signed Tebow.

k-oneputt
06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Clearly this is why they signed Tebow. And Ballard when injured last year. I will take my chances with Ballard/Tebow over Gronk/Hernandez.

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2013, 09:18 AM
This guy is in a world of trouble.

I think it means I probably shouldn't draft him in the 2nd round in my fantasy draft.

Bill Cody
06-20-2013, 09:27 AM

What country do you live in? Can't be the US

Bill Cody
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
This guy is in a world of trouble.

I think it means I probably shouldn't draft him in the 2nd round in my fantasy draft.

I agree. I suspect he knows what happened at the very least. He knew the dead guy. The body was found less than a mile from his house. A car Hernandez rented was involved. He isn't cooperating with police.

Meathead
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
LOL...Miami police didn't even bother to investigate. Or maybe the Stand Your Ground law applies inside cars too.

see hernandez was smart, he was carrying skittles and iced tea at the time

gebobs
06-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Report: Hernandez had ties to victim (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez-homicide-investigation-062013?from=foxsports/NFL+Football/headlines)

A law-enforcement official told FOX 25 that Hernandez left a Boston bar in a car with Lloyd and two other men in the hours that preceded the body’s discovery. The source told FOX 25 that Lloyd sent a text that referenced Hernandez. Three men returned to Hernandez’s home, but Lloyd was not one of them, the source told FOX 25. It’s unclear what transpired. Lloyd’s body was found near Hernandez’s home on Monday.

WBZ-TV Boston has also reported “a neighbor of Odin’s told WBZ they had seen Hernandez in the neighborhood and that Odin dated the sister of Hernandez’s girlfriend.”

Tuesday night, police spent hours at Hernandez’s house as another group of officers searched an industrial park where the body was found Monday. According to FOX 25, some authorities walked around the driveway and in the garage with flashlights. Before wrapping up their work for the night, one officer took a box out of the massive house. Later Wednesday, at least seven state troopers searched both sides of a road just off the street where Hernandez lives. The officers used thin poles to pull back plants and search through undergrowth along the road.

The Patriots drafted Hernandez out of Florida in 2010.

Slap the cuffs on him. Guilty!

starrymessenger
06-20-2013, 09:49 AM

AH is done. The cops in Florida will now have to investigate the earlier incident too, especially with the whole world watching. While the "victim" may not have given AH up in February as he tried to milk him for cash, he has now filed a claim that at least certainly alleges negligent use of a firearm and perhaps outright battery. If the claim is supported with an affidavit of the complainant, the facts are furthermore sworn to. Florida police now pretty much have to follow up and are in a pretty good position to do so.
Oh well, the Pats have signed a couple of UDFA TEs (in addition to Tebow). While they have made do with less in the past, they had a much better D back then. Belly, Josh and Co may well have to really prove it this year.

- - - Updated - - -

AH is done. The cops in Florida will now have to investigate the earlier incident too, especially with the whole world watching. While the "victim" may not have given AH up in February as he tried to milk him for cash, he has now filed a claim that at least certainly alleges negligent use of a firearm and perhaps outright battery. If the claim is supported with an affidavit of the complainant, the facts are furthermore sworn to. Florida police now pretty much have to follow up and are in a pretty good position to do so.
Oh well, the Pats have signed a couple of UDFA TEs (in addition to Tebow). While they have made do with less in the past, they had a much better D back then. Belly, Josh and Co may well have to really prove it this year.

starrymessenger
06-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Sorry for the double. Don't know how or why.

gebobs
06-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Hernandez's background scrutinized by NFL teams before draft (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130619/aaron-hernandez-history/?mobile=no)

Hernandez fell to the fourth round of the 2010 draft in part because of marijuana use while with the Gators, something he admitted to NFL teams at the scouting combine when he was a draft prospect, according to several NFL sources.
Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez's associates in his native Bristol, Conn. A law enforcement official familiar with Hernandez reiterated concerns about his circle of influence.

Independently, both a former and current New England teammate said that they believed Hernandez was having some trouble with his past associates and was seeking distance from them. Bristol, Conn. is just a two hour drive to Hernandez's home.
"It was a thug life," is how one teammate described some of Hernandez's friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the double. Don't know how or why.

It happens. You can probably still edit.

tatersalad
06-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Per ChrisBurke_si Hearing via law enforcement sources that Aaron Hernandez will be areested in connection with Murder.... WOW

DraftBoy
06-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Wow...

tatersalad
06-20-2013, 10:35 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-clear-sources-abc-news/story?id=19445131

TigerJ
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Welcome to "As the Stomach Turns" or is it "The Bold and the Bostonian." At any rate, the muddier it gets for Hernandez and the Patriots, the better. Now, if only Bill Belichick could find himself in a mess of trouble too.

Turf
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
A law-enforcement official told FOX 25 that Hernandez left a Boston bar in a car with Lloyd and two other men in the hours that preceded the body’s discovery. The source told FOX 25 that Lloyd sent a text that referenced Hernandez. Three men returned to Hernandez’s home, but Lloyd was not one of them, the source told FOX 25. It’s unclear what transpired. Lloyd’s body was found near Hernandez’s home on Monday.

Not looking good.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Late coming here, how was Lloyd killed? gun shot? yep, shot to death. just saw it.... and they were seen leaving together from the bar, along with the text confirmation. this doesn't look good at all... pretty dumb

OpIv37
06-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Hernandez to be arrested:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130620/aaron-hernandez-new-details/

NOT THE DUDE...
06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
hes in a white suv.... lmao oj!

Bill Cody
06-20-2013, 01:12 PM

likely to be not to be

Parzival
06-20-2013, 01:45 PM

wow does not look good for him. No way he plays week 1.

OpIv37
06-20-2013, 01:56 PM
wow does not look good for him. No way he plays week 1.

yeah that's two off-season incidents involving violence. I'd be shocked if that doesn't get him a suspension.

Of course, he'll probably appeal the suspension, which means he'll still get to play Week 1 while the suspension is reviewed.....

imbondz
06-20-2013, 02:00 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-clear-sources-abc-news/story?id=19445131

The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally. And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.
Police also want to know why a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to scrub Hernandez's mansion, sources told ABC News.

wow.

OpIv37
06-20-2013, 02:07 PM
The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally. And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.
Police also want to know why a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to scrub Hernandez's mansion, sources told ABC News.

wow.

Meh. I'm sure he found out his mother-in-law was coming for a surprise visit and got so mad that he threw his cell phone and it hit the security system. Then he had to pay the cleaners to make sure the house was clean when she arrives. Simple misunderstanding- could happen to anyone.

Thurmal
06-20-2013, 02:13 PM
hes in a white suv.... lmao oj!
Game 7 of NBA Finals tonight too...police chase here we come.

Thurmal
06-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Meh. I'm sure he found out his mother-in-law was coming for a surprise visit and got so mad that he threw his cell phone and it hit the security system. Then he had to pay the cleaners to make sure the house was clean when she arrives. Simple misunderstanding- could happen to anyone.
If NFL referees doubled as the police investigating this incident, this would be their official stance. That and naming CJ Spiller as a person of interest.

imbondz
06-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Game 7 of NBA Finals tonight too...police chase here we come.

haha. weird. good recall

Turf
06-20-2013, 02:32 PM

wow.

Dumb bastard just ruined his life, he's ****ed.

justasportsfan
06-20-2013, 02:44 PM

wow.

Doesn't he watch CSI ?

imbondz
06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Doesn't he watch CSI ?

I know! If you just had a cleaning crew come to your house, a couple days after the boyfriend of your girlfriends sister gets murdered, you're guilty every time!

Night Train
06-20-2013, 02:51 PM
How long before we see him holding a gun to his head in the back seat, with Brady driving 35 mph. ?

Goobylal
06-20-2013, 03:12 PM
At the very least, he's an accessory to murder. And he'll face charges from shooting the other dude in the face. He'll be suspended for sure, with no appeal coming, but that's the least of his worries. Moron. No wonder he fell so far in the draft.

Turf
06-20-2013, 03:16 PM
The other guy he shot in the face would have done him a favor for turning him in. This would have never happened if he had gotten called out for the last "accident".

Goobylal
06-20-2013, 03:22 PM
The other guy he shot in the face would have done him a favor for turning him in. This would have never happened if he had gotten called out for the last "accident".
I still have no idea how Hernandez didn't see jail time for shooting a guy, with an unregistered gun no less, in the face. WTF!

Albany,n.y.
06-20-2013, 03:36 PM
How long before we see him holding a gun to his head in the back seat, with Brady driving 35 mph. ?
Unless he prays to Bruschi for salvation.

OpIv37
06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I still have no idea how Hernandez didn't see jail time for shooting a guy, with an unregistered gun no less, in the face. WTF!

it sounds like the guy didn't press charges with the police. He went for the civil suit to get the cash instead. If the guy doesn't talk to the cops, they have no way to prosecute.

Ed
06-20-2013, 04:03 PM
it sounds like the guy didn't press charges with the police. He went for the civil suit to get the cash instead. If the guy doesn't talk to the cops, they have no way to prosecute.
Do we know that the guy got any money? Maybe he was just afraid for his life because Hernandez is a violent thug.

Crisis
06-20-2013, 04:16 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-destroyed-home-security-system-phone-sources/story?id=19445131#.UcNEGD54YoF

Only a matter of time.

OpIv37
06-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Do we know that the guy got any money? Maybe he was just afraid for his life because Hernandez is a violent thug.

well, there was a civil suit in Florida that magically went away. Usually, that means the parties settled out of court, and out of court settlements are not public record. Of course, we can't rule out the violent thug thing either..... he could have been intimidated into dropping the lawsuit. There's no evidence of that, but given everything else that has come out about the guy, it really doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Mike13
06-20-2013, 04:28 PM
The missing white Bronco in this story is Wes Welker

BertSquirtgum
06-20-2013, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7dbdZlsR3Y

Too soon?

TacklingDummy
06-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Guilty, throw away the key.

Bill Cody
06-21-2013, 11:44 AM
well, there was a civil suit in Florida that magically went away. Usually, that means the parties settled out of court, and out of court settlements are not public record. Of course, we can't rule out the violent thug thing either..... he could have been intimidated into dropping the lawsuit. There's no evidence of that, but given everything else that has come out about the guy, it really doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

The suit has been refiled