PDA

View Full Version : more police at Bills games

DetDannyWilliams
06-21-2013, 10:20 PM
fans going to the games at Ralph Wilson Stadium better be on their best behavior a new NO TOLLERANCE policy will go into effect for all home games this season. There will be 128 new deputies and 18 Supervisors have been approved to patrol home games some will be outside directing traffic but most will be inside the stadium checking the isles. here's how it breaks down 128 sheriff deputies inside the stadium up from 12-18 deputies inside the stadium in 2012 and 100 sheriff deputies outside the stadium up from 80 deputies outside in 2012.

BillsFever21
06-21-2013, 10:35 PM
fans going to the games at Ralph Wilson Stadium better be on their best behavior a new NO TOLLERANCE policy will go into effect for all home games this season. There will be 128 new deputies and 18 Supervisors have been approved to patrol home games some will be outside directing traffic but most will be inside the stadium checking the isles. here's how it breaks down 128 sheriff deputies inside the stadium up from 12-18 deputies inside the stadium in 2012 and 100 sheriff deputies outside the stadium up from 80 deputies outside in 2012.

There comes a point where too much police will take away the tailgating experience for many people if they are checking every isle in the lot. People can always park in the nearby house lots. I'd rather park in somebody's yard anyway. It's faster to get in and out and a lot easier to get back onto the road then coming from the stadium lot. You can easily save yourself a good 40 minutes.

BertSquirtgum
06-21-2013, 10:49 PM
The highway don't care.

Meathead
06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
its about time

drunken violent idiots have always been the worst part of going to a game. its not the getting drunk cuz that would be me, its the beer spilling/throwing and racial slurs and fighting

theyve gone a little too far imo regarding the official lots but if thats what it takes to get rid of the worst problems i can live with it. ive always parked in the satellite lots anyway

better days
06-22-2013, 12:00 PM
its about time

drunken violent idiots have always been the worst part of going to a game. its not the getting drunk cuz that would be me, its the beer spilling/throwing and racial slurs and fighting

theyve gone a little too far imo regarding the official lots but if thats what it takes to get rid of the worst problems i can live with it. ive always parked in the satellite lots anyway

Yeah, the extra cops will keep the drunken violent idiot Pats* fans under control opening game.

BillsFever21
06-22-2013, 03:40 PM
its about time

Same here. I never park in the stadium lot and always use one of the satellite lots right across from the main lot. It's too damn congested and it's a lot quicker to get out after the game when you park in somebody's yard. Not only that but it's also cheaper and more convenient.

Meathead
06-22-2013, 05:46 PM
satellite lots are also cheaper and the portapotties are usually cleaner and much less crowded. some of the smaller lots even have real bathrooms

the only good part about the official lots is that they are virtually mud proof. on a rainy day the side lots can be a total disaster but the stone in the main lots prevents mud in most places. i suppose theres also the allure of the 'official' event, having a sea of fans around while you party. but once you do that a couple times the novelty sort of wanes anyway

frankly idk why so many ppl park in the bills lots when the weather is decent

Meathead
06-22-2013, 05:54 PM
i remember in the olden days during the two win seasons there was a game against the fish (i think) where they had a massive fight in the endzone. there wasnt enough security to control the crowd so it just raged on and on. it was out of control

the next week was a game against the jets (i think) and another huge fight broke out, but bigger this time, probably bc everyone thought they could get away with it again. youd look at the endzone with the naked eye and the whole section was like vibrating. i used my binocs to watch the individual action. but the bills were prepared this time. suddenly a sea of big burly guys in yellow jackets rushed into the section and started just swarming the participants one at a time. i remember one huge security guy who was just lifting guys up one in each hand and throwing them to the aisle. security would then team up to drag each guy to the bottom of the section where they literally threw them down to the field into the waiting arms of another mob of security. they had actual barrells full of handcuffs and made like a bucket brigade stream of detainees heading for the tunnel. i heard there were hundreds of arrests. it was awesome

needless to say that was the last time they had a fight like that. unfortunately, they went a bunch of years where they tended to look the other way with drunken idiots, but im glad theyve finally decided to clamp down on that

Mace
06-22-2013, 08:52 PM
If I owned a stadium I wouldn't tolerate my behavior anyway, and would have myself thrown out and banned for my shenanigans, which frankly, are inexcusable in public setting.

If I owned a stadium though too, I'd let myself off, change my seats, then do it again until I finally had enough of myself and kicked me out again until I wouldn't let myself in for wasting my trust in me. This would probably lead to litigation against myself but I'd have more than one lawyer so I could be sure I'd get best representation. Probably I'd hire Cellino and Barnes to fight each other.

At the least it would be fun to watch my personal security battle with batons against the police, because my security would be off duty police fighting with their friends while Cellino and Barnes duked it out in court, while I was throwing myself out of my own stadium.

Hm, complex train of thought. But I'd own a stadium so I wouldn't care.

Meathead
06-22-2013, 10:07 PM
can i buy some pot from you

Mace
06-22-2013, 10:37 PM
can i buy some pot from you

Absolutely. Comes with an authentic whatever player with whatever number jersey, pics stolen from his phone, an authentic autograph I forged myself and rolling papers individually signed by myself as the Bill of your choice from any era, but my prices are steep. Give me a week I can include authentic DNA verified by my personal lab, which is me, because I am all about the personal interaction with the consumer. I also sell handmade paraphenalia weaved from wicker, coffee mugs and occasional exotic pharmaceuticals imported exclusively depending on who I am getting along with way down south, guaranteed to come in Bills colors if I have enough dye left.

I have a great deal on quantity which comes with an exclusive Jim Kelly signed Bruce Smith jersey crossed out over Thurman Thomas. I am here for you, man, because the consumer is always right unless he upsets me.

Night Train
06-24-2013, 05:02 AM
i remember in the olden days during the two win seasons there was a game against the fish (i think) where they had a massive fight in the endzone. there wasnt enough security to control the crowd so it just raged on and on. it was out of control

the next week was a game against the jets (i think) and another huge fight broke out, but bigger this time, probably bc everyone thought they could get away with it again. youd look at the endzone with the naked eye and the whole section was like vibrating. i used my binocs to watch the individual action. but the bills were prepared this time. suddenly a sea of big burly guys in yellow jackets rushed into the section and started just swarming the participants one at a time. i remember one huge security guy who was just lifting guys up one in each hand and throwing them to the aisle. security would then team up to drag each guy to the bottom of the section where they literally threw them down to the field into the waiting arms of another mob of security. they had actual barrells full of handcuffs and made like a bucket brigade stream of detainees heading for the tunnel. i heard there were hundreds of arrests. it was awesome

needless to say that was the last time they had a fight like that. unfortunately, they went a bunch of years where they tended to look the other way with drunken idiots, but im glad theyve finally decided to clamp down on that

While fights don't happen, the amout of drunk people in the club seats was surprising to me.

Full bar for people with $$ can turn them back into college idiots. Some of the people around me would transform into f bombing morons by the 2nd quarter and there is no way I'd want my kids around that. There are a large number of professional drunks sitting there. A shame.

DynaPaul
06-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Ze Gestapo will check to see if you have ze proper papers.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-24-2013, 01:26 PM
I have no problem as long as I can cheer as loud as I want and it can still be a home crowd...

zone
06-24-2013, 07:08 PM
fans going to the games at Ralph Wilson Stadium better be on their best behavior a new NO TOLLERANCE policy will go into effect for all home games this season.

More like NO FUN policy.

gr8slayer
06-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Honestly, this is a really good thing. I loved the Ralph, I loved Buffalo (and the surrounding areas), but the fans at the stadium were a little out of control. Unless I'm mistaken, the game I went to actually set a "record" for arrests at a Bills game (per the local news). At some point, it stops becoming a family environment.

Uncle Jesse
06-25-2013, 12:31 PM
I'd rather park in somebody's yard anyway. It's faster to get in and out and a lot easier to get back onto the road then coming from the stadium lot. You can easily save yourself a good 40 minutes.

Yup I park in a little grass lot on California road and have never waited in a minute of traffic to or from a Bills game in my 8 years of season tickets. I'm heading back towards the 219 and get on 219 South, through a few back roads and it's awesome. I'm home in the 1st quarter of the 4 o'clock games. I'd never park in a stadium lot again.

Cntrygal
06-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Doesn't bother me. I hope some of the extra cops are patrolling the damn beer lines. Last year (at the opener), there was some drunk ***** and her drunk boyfriend standing in between two lines practically passed out on their feet. Then the ***** started screaming at everyone because they "budged" in line ahead of them, she was getting totally out of control. :rolleyes:

BillsFever21
06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Yup I park in a little grass lot on California road and have never waited in a minute of traffic to or from a Bills game in my 8 years of season tickets. I'm heading back towards the 219 and get on 219 South, through a few back roads and it's awesome. I'm home in the 1st quarter of the 4 o'clock games. I'd never park in a stadium lot again.

Same here. I'm not sure of the name of the road but it's the houses directly across from the main lots entering the front of the stadium. I also need to head home 219 South and when I park in the yard on the other side of the road it doesn't take long to get to the front and then you can just whip a right hand turn onto the main road and jump on the expressway about a mile down the road. Parking in the stadium you need to fight traffic to get to the front and after you do then you need to try and fight through traffic to bypass the cars in both lanes to head down 219 South.

When I park in the yards I'm home by 5:30 and can catch the 2nd half of the games. If I park in the stadium then it's usually around 6:30 before I get home. That's a big difference without all the extra aggravation of fighting traffic coming out of the stadium. If I want to party inside of the stadium most of the time I know others at the games that park in there and I can just head over to their tailgate before the game starts.

Extremebillsfan247
06-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Thread title:
more police at Bills games

My Response:

Well the Patriots are coming to town. :lol:

jamze132
07-02-2013, 07:13 AM
If you get so wasted that you can't stand and your're puking in the stadium, you should be banned for life from going back and ruining everyone elses time. If you are the instigator of a fight because you're drunk, you should be banned for life. If you're blurting out racial slurs and acting like a complete *******, you should be banned.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to go to Rich Stadium and the Aud with mom and dad but eventually they stopped taking me and my brother because of all the drunkeness and violence. Some jerkoff adult stole my little brother's hat right from his head! Poor little guy was only 6 yrs old.

Beebe's Kid
07-05-2013, 02:16 PM
The problem is that more police never solve the problem. They make the situation much more antagonistic. I know about the drunk people...I am not renewing my seasons, because it really would be better to watch the games from home, if I care to watch at all.

I got into a debate with a police officer last year on FB, because I made a comment about the wanding people to get in. I guarantee they have never stopped a 'terrorist' attack, but that was the only answer I could get about why it was necessary. What they do accomplish is making several thousand wasted people miss the kick off. They keep you standing in long lines to make sure you aren't sneaking a beer in. Anything else is bull****. They want to make sure that they milk you for every dime they can.

On a similar note, it is not a 'right' to be as loaded as you can get at 1:00 on a Sunday and to make 73,000 people bear witness to it. I am sure that Hurkey will say that is 'homo' or '***' or some other classy adjective, but it is just the truth. You are not the only person in the stadium, and your fun does not need to include being stupid drunk and out of control.

What is the answer, if it isn't more police? There isn't one. It is the culture of football, and it is especially the culture in Buffalo. I have been in other cities, and it was not nearly as bad. I am sure there will be somebody that saw a game in Cincinnati one time, and some guy...fill in the blank, but the overall crowd where I have been was not nearly as unruly. That is attractive if you don't understand things like being civil, and how not to have things boil over. If you do understand the tenuous situation that putting that many wasted, inconsiderate people exercising what their individual 'right' to be a disrespectful dickhead in one place, it becomes very difficult to see a solution.

It is nothing that nobody wants to admit, but the real solution would be to scrap the whole thing. Take it away, and only give it back when we realize there should be some level of social decency. That is not going to happen with the crowd that football attracts. Many are too obsessed with the game to care, and many others are just obsessed with being able to go somewhere and be a dick. There is no other place in our society where that sort of behavior is acceptable, and with good reason.

It is just part of the reason that I think the NFL won't be around in 30 years. The gluttony of the league and the owners in a stagnant economy is another...as is the violence of the super human, pharmaceutically enhanced human beings that we cheer to kill each other week in and week out, and will eventually end up doing so is another.

Nobody wants to the good times to end, and they think that football is some ancient tradition that can never be removed or replaced. It is not. It is a relatively new phenomenon, and if people can't see it for what it is, and accept some reasonable reform to make it sustainable, it will not be around. Many of the problems that I listed will not lead to an overnight dismantling, and we don't know how to see things coming unless they are sudden and catastrophic. See climate change as a fine example.

If you like the game, sustainability is going to be a problem. Unless like all issues that we face as a society, you think somebody else is magically going to show up one day and save the whole thing, or just do something different, or that sensible reform is a foregone conclusion. That is not going to happen, and we only ever think we are going to go back to 'the way it was', or we believe that people driving the ship are concerned with anything other than seeking more money at any cost.

But I am sure that won't happen, because you remember the good old days, and you love the Bills, and you like to drink yourself into a near coma in the parking lot, and the NFL is popular, and everything that it is today. I can guarantee that it won't be that forever...it can't be. Security gets heavier every year, and the problems never go away. Like Columbine...we reacted and put locks on schools, and the school shooting became a thing. 9/11...we had the means to stop it, we didn't, so we enacted all kinds of draconian legislation to stop it from happening again...and it ****ing sucks.

We are reactionary and not intellectual in how we deal with our problems. I am sure that I'll get some of the cute feedbacks telling me what an ******* I am, but if you never think about the future, it will be a surprise when it happens. Then you'll be really mad, because somebody doesn't want you to have any fun, but you did nothing to contribute to preserving the 'fun' you were having. Bills games aren't really that fun. I thought they were for a while, but they quickly just became disgusting displays of drunkenness, authority, and greed. That doesn't even mention the lackluster product on the field.

I am sure that everything will just work out though...what could be the problem with adding more antagonistic police to what amounts to an unruly mob...that always works...I am just having trouble thinking of when exactly.

CoolBreeze
07-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately is all about the almighty $$$. Banning intoxicating beverages is the answer, but that would mean a loss of big revenue. I'll never forget a drunken idiot screaming cuss words at my 7 yr old because he was wearing a cheese head at Bills-Packer Pre Season game, after the game was over walking to the car. Thankfully he drove into a police officer and was promptly arrested. I haven't attended a game in years because of the drunken idiots. Eventually someone will will drive into a group of people and kill them. The NFL's greed will eventually get people killed.

SpikedLemonade
07-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Some jerkoff adult stole my little brother's hat right from his head! Poor little guy was only 6 yrs old.

Sorry someone jerked off on your brother's hat. That ain't right.

Mace
07-07-2013, 10:36 PM
The problem is that more police never solve the problem..

This is just crazy, more police always solve the problem. A person who is roughed up, wanded, anally probed, strip searched, forced to remain sober, made to sit on cold rock hard seats and beaten with batons for standing up at the wrong times is going to behave themselves better than anyone else 99 times out of 100 and that 1 in a hundred likes it and will buy more merchandise. Beaten senseless and abused just entering any venue I've always been inclined to sit there quietly unless security has a hot chick.

The real problem with everything is that they need more police for people to take their kids to a game. It's a freaking sporting event. They are concerned about the shadow terrorists who may or may not be there but people are just entirely incapable of behaving themselves anymore and think it's their right.

So butch up, bend over and suffer if you don't want to watch the game illegally like I do on the internet. My kids don't have time to watch, I have them working to make fake Bills jerseys on Chinese shirts that I sell on various message boards. But if I was there with a ticket, and couldn't fight my way past security, I'd give them right of plunder which is how all reasonable civilizations have flourished through the centuries.