• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

more police at Bills games

fans going to the games at Ralph Wilson Stadium better be on their best behavior a new NO TOLLERANCE policy will go into effect for all home games this season. There will be 128 new deputies and 18 Supervisors have been approved to patrol home games some will be outside directing traffic but most will be inside the stadium checking the isles. here's how it breaks down 128 sheriff deputies inside the stadium up from 12-18 deputies inside the stadium in 2012 and 100 sheriff deputies outside the stadium up from 80 deputies outside in 2012.
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 06-21-2013, 10:24 PM.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: more police at Bills games

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    fans going to the games at Ralph Wilson Stadium better be on their best behavior a new NO TOLLERANCE policy will go into effect for all home games this season. There will be 128 new deputies and 18 Supervisors have been approved to patrol home games some will be outside directing traffic but most will be inside the stadium checking the isles. here's how it breaks down 128 sheriff deputies inside the stadium up from 12-18 deputies inside the stadium in 2012 and 100 sheriff deputies outside the stadium up from 80 deputies outside in 2012.
    There comes a point where too much police will take away the tailgating experience for many people if they are checking every isle in the lot. People can always park in the nearby house lots. I'd rather park in somebody's yard anyway. It's faster to get in and out and a lot easier to get back onto the road then coming from the stadium lot. You can easily save yourself a good 40 minutes.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

The highway don't care.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

its about time

drunken violent idiots have always been the worst part of going to a game. its not the getting drunk cuz that would be me, its the beer spilling/throwing and racial slurs and fighting

theyve gone a little too far imo regarding the official lots but if thats what it takes to get rid of the worst problems i can live with it. ive always parked in the satellite lots anyway
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
          its about time

drunken violent idiots have always been the worst part of going to a game. its not the getting drunk cuz that would be me, its the beer spilling/throwing and racial slurs and fighting

theyve gone a little too far imo regarding the official lots but if thats what it takes to get rid of the worst problems i can live with it. ive always parked in the satellite lots anyway
          Yeah, the extra cops will keep the drunken violent idiot Pats* fans under control opening game.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

its about time

Same here. I never park in the stadium lot and always use one of the satellite lots right across from the main lot. It's too damn congested and it's a lot quicker to get out after the game when you park in somebody's yard. Not only that but it's also cheaper and more convenient.

Comment

• Meathead
              • Jul 2002

satellite lots are also cheaper and the portapotties are usually cleaner and much less crowded. some of the smaller lots even have real bathrooms

the only good part about the official lots is that they are virtually mud proof. on a rainy day the side lots can be a total disaster but the stone in the main lots prevents mud in most places. i suppose theres also the allure of the 'official' event, having a sea of fans around while you party. but once you do that a couple times the novelty sort of wanes anyway

frankly idk why so many ppl park in the bills lots when the weather is decent

Comment

• Meathead
                • Jul 2002

i remember in the olden days during the two win seasons there was a game against the fish (i think) where they had a massive fight in the endzone. there wasnt enough security to control the crowd so it just raged on and on. it was out of control

the next week was a game against the jets (i think) and another huge fight broke out, but bigger this time, probably bc everyone thought they could get away with it again. youd look at the endzone with the naked eye and the whole section was like vibrating. i used my binocs to watch the individual action. but the bills were prepared this time. suddenly a sea of big burly guys in yellow jackets rushed into the section and started just swarming the participants one at a time. i remember one huge security guy who was just lifting guys up one in each hand and throwing them to the aisle. security would then team up to drag each guy to the bottom of the section where they literally threw them down to the field into the waiting arms of another mob of security. they had actual barrells full of handcuffs and made like a bucket brigade stream of detainees heading for the tunnel. i heard there were hundreds of arrests. it was awesome

needless to say that was the last time they had a fight like that. unfortunately, they went a bunch of years where they tended to look the other way with drunken idiots, but im glad theyve finally decided to clamp down on that
                Last edited by Meathead; 06-22-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

If I owned a stadium I wouldn't tolerate my behavior anyway, and would have myself thrown out and banned for my shenanigans, which frankly, are inexcusable in public setting.

If I owned a stadium though too, I'd let myself off, change my seats, then do it again until I finally had enough of myself and kicked me out again until I wouldn't let myself in for wasting my trust in me. This would probably lead to litigation against myself but I'd have more than one lawyer so I could be sure I'd get best representation. Probably I'd hire Cellino and Barnes to fight each other.

At the least it would be fun to watch my personal security battle with batons against the police, because my security would be off duty police fighting with their friends while Cellino and Barnes duked it out in court, while I was throwing myself out of my own stadium.

Hm, complex train of thought. But I'd own a stadium so I wouldn't care.

Comment

• Meathead
                    • Jul 2002

can i buy some pot from you

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

can i buy some pot from you
                      Absolutely. Comes with an authentic whatever player with whatever number jersey, pics stolen from his phone, an authentic autograph I forged myself and rolling papers individually signed by myself as the Bill of your choice from any era, but my prices are steep. Give me a week I can include authentic DNA verified by my personal lab, which is me, because I am all about the personal interaction with the consumer. I also sell handmade paraphenalia weaved from wicker, coffee mugs and occasional exotic pharmaceuticals imported exclusively depending on who I am getting along with way down south, guaranteed to come in Bills colors if I have enough dye left.

I have a great deal on quantity which comes with an exclusive Jim Kelly signed Bruce Smith jersey crossed out over Thurman Thomas. I am here for you, man, because the consumer is always right unless he upsets me.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

i remember in the olden days during the two win seasons there was a game against the fish (i think) where they had a massive fight in the endzone. there wasnt enough security to control the crowd so it just raged on and on. it was out of control

the next week was a game against the jets (i think) and another huge fight broke out, but bigger this time, probably bc everyone thought they could get away with it again. youd look at the endzone with the naked eye and the whole section was like vibrating. i used my binocs to watch the individual action. but the bills were prepared this time. suddenly a sea of big burly guys in yellow jackets rushed into the section and started just swarming the participants one at a time. i remember one huge security guy who was just lifting guys up one in each hand and throwing them to the aisle. security would then team up to drag each guy to the bottom of the section where they literally threw them down to the field into the waiting arms of another mob of security. they had actual barrells full of handcuffs and made like a bucket brigade stream of detainees heading for the tunnel. i heard there were hundreds of arrests. it was awesome

needless to say that was the last time they had a fight like that. unfortunately, they went a bunch of years where they tended to look the other way with drunken idiots, but im glad theyve finally decided to clamp down on that

While fights don't happen, the amout of drunk people in the club seats was surprising to me.

Full bar for people with $$ can turn them back into college idiots. Some of the people around me would transform into f bombing morons by the 2nd quarter and there is no way I'd want my kids around that. There are a large number of professional drunks sitting there. A shame.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Ze Gestapo will check to see if you have ze proper papers.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2010

I have no problem as long as I can cheer as loud as I want and it can still be a home crowd...

Comment

• zone
                              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
                              fans going to the games at Ralph Wilson Stadium better be on their best behavior a new NO TOLLERANCE policy will go into effect for all home games this season.
                              More like NO FUN policy.
                              www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X