• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

I can't in good conscience bring my family to a game

I've been to several stadiums in my life & I can easily say that showing up anymore to the stadium has become a hassle. We are witnessing the beginning of the end for the family experience & an ease of living. The NFL has actually determined that US stadiums are becoming a target of terrorists & that anyone could bring in items that could harbor explosives. Why would anyone in good conscience subject their families a potential target & risk their well-being based on having seats that could protect them from the elements? It seems like a formula for disaster to me, large crowds & a potential bomb threat.

I'm not completely paranoid but if I can die to see a NFL game, maybe I should spend my time in a more controlled environment. 10 times the police presence in the stadium seems like a militant deal & knowing that my spouse is going to be searched worse than boarding a flight seems extreme. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada).

Yes sir, deem me out until we can determine the terrorists from the fans. It's just too much for me to bare.
    Last edited by Skooby; 06-22-2013, 11:28 PM.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: I can't in good conscience bring my family to a game

thanks for bearing your soul on this
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

What a ***

Comment

• THRILLHO
        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
        • Feb 2009

I am sure your stuffed animals are crushed.
        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• buftex
          • Jul 2006

How many boards are you going to post the same thing?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            I've been to several stadiums in my life & I can easily say that showing up anymore to the stadium has become a hassle. We are witnessing the beginning of the end for the family experience & an ease of living. The NFL has actually determined that US stadiums are becoming a target of terrorists & that anyone could bring in items that could harbor explosives. Why would anyone in good conscience subject their families a potential target & risk their well-being based on having seats that could protect them from the elements? It seems like a formula for disaster to me, large crowds & a potential bomb threat.

I'm not completely paranoid but if I can die to see a NFL game, maybe I should spend my time in a more controlled environment. 10 times the police presence in the stadium seems like a militant deal & knowing that my spouse is going to be searched worse than boarding a flight seems extreme. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada).

Yes sir, deem me out until we can determine the terrorists from the fans. It's just too much for me to bare.
            You better not go to shopping malls either, since they are also terrorist targets. Also, you might as well stop going to work since there have been workplace shootings. Also, there have been break-ins at people's homes, so you better not stay in your house anymore. I guess it's time to dig a big hole in the middle of nowhere and bring your whole family there for safety-but you better not drive to get there, because the roads are too dangerous.

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

If you stay home the terrorists win.

Comment

• Homegrown
                Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                • Jul 2008

. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada) .
                oh man, that made my day... lol

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

I'm not completely paranoid but...
                  Maybe not completely, but pretty darn close.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Can I have you tickets? There should be a sizable discount due to the danger.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      Can I have you tickets? There should be a sizable discount due to the danger.
                      I know, right? I'm practically a hero already for wearing Bills gear in public, and now I'm literally risking my life for this team.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2010

agree totally. there is also a great illogical premise here. if someone is really willing to blow up a stadium, its going to happen. outside of simply creating a police state, and even then it wouldn't stop it, there is no way of stoping crazy people. all you can do is go by intell, take some common sense steps, but in the end you are crossing your fingers. in reality, this isn't about terrorism, but capitalists wanting us to by their 10 dollar beer

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Aren't you two the same person?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                            No, I'm just complaining about how these new bag / seat rules are cramping our freedoms. I don't carry a murse (man purse) nor do I need to bring a seat, so go crazy looking for them. It won't snow at a home opener (If I go) & the Miami game will most likely be in nice weather minus some odd sprinkle.

If they want to target real threat(s), the bathrooms at the Ralph are a complete bomb & the people at the Miami game think they'reemployed with missing the hole at the Port O' Johns. Those are much bigger threats to the fans IMO.
                            Last edited by Skooby; 06-24-2013, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                              r u mitchmurray, and therefore ntd?

Comment

Working...
                              X