PDA

View Full Version : I can't in good conscience bring my family to a game

Skooby
06-22-2013, 11:19 PM
I've been to several stadiums in my life & I can easily say that showing up anymore to the stadium has become a hassle. We are witnessing the beginning of the end for the family experience & an ease of living. The NFL has actually determined that US stadiums are becoming a target of terrorists & that anyone could bring in items that could harbor explosives. Why would anyone in good conscience subject their families a potential target & risk their well-being based on having seats that could protect them from the elements? It seems like a formula for disaster to me, large crowds & a potential bomb threat.

I'm not completely paranoid but if I can die to see a NFL game, maybe I should spend my time in a more controlled environment. 10 times the police presence in the stadium seems like a militant deal & knowing that my spouse is going to be searched worse than boarding a flight seems extreme. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada).

Yes sir, deem me out until we can determine the terrorists from the fans. It's just too much for me to bare.

Meathead
06-22-2013, 11:26 PM
thanks for bearing your soul on this

BertSquirtgum
06-22-2013, 11:40 PM
What a ***

THRILLHO
06-23-2013, 12:22 AM
I am sure your stuffed animals are crushed.

buftex
06-23-2013, 01:49 AM
How many boards are you going to post the same thing?:whistling

Albany,n.y.
06-23-2013, 02:55 PM
I've been to several stadiums in my life & I can easily say that showing up anymore to the stadium has become a hassle. We are witnessing the beginning of the end for the family experience & an ease of living. The NFL has actually determined that US stadiums are becoming a target of terrorists & that anyone could bring in items that could harbor explosives. Why would anyone in good conscience subject their families a potential target & risk their well-being based on having seats that could protect them from the elements? It seems like a formula for disaster to me, large crowds & a potential bomb threat.

I'm not completely paranoid but if I can die to see a NFL game, maybe I should spend my time in a more controlled environment. 10 times the police presence in the stadium seems like a militant deal & knowing that my spouse is going to be searched worse than boarding a flight seems extreme. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada).

Yes sir, deem me out until we can determine the terrorists from the fans. It's just too much for me to bare.

You better not go to shopping malls either, since they are also terrorist targets. Also, you might as well stop going to work since there have been workplace shootings. Also, there have been break-ins at people's homes, so you better not stay in your house anymore. I guess it's time to dig a big hole in the middle of nowhere and bring your whole family there for safety-but you better not drive to get there, because the roads are too dangerous.

HAMMER
06-23-2013, 03:14 PM
If you stay home the terrorists win.

Homegrown
06-23-2013, 04:05 PM
. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada) .

oh man, that made my day... lol :bf1:

feldspar
06-24-2013, 12:15 AM
I'm not completely paranoid but...

Maybe not completely, but pretty darn close.

X-Era
06-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Can I have you tickets? There should be a sizable discount due to the danger.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Can I have you tickets? There should be a sizable discount due to the danger.

I know, right? I'm practically a hero already for wearing Bills gear in public, and now I'm literally risking my life for this team.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-24-2013, 07:53 AM

agree totally. there is also a great illogical premise here. if someone is really willing to blow up a stadium, its going to happen. outside of simply creating a police state, and even then it wouldn't stop it, there is no way of stoping crazy people. all you can do is go by intell, take some common sense steps, but in the end you are crossing your fingers. in reality, this isn't about terrorism, but capitalists wanting us to by their 10 dollar beer

ParanoidAndroid
06-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Aren't you two the same person?

Skooby
06-24-2013, 08:17 AM

No, I'm just complaining about how these new bag / seat rules are cramping our freedoms. I don't carry a murse (man purse) nor do I need to bring a seat, so go crazy looking for them. It won't snow at a home opener (If I go) & the Miami game will most likely be in nice weather minus some odd sprinkle.

If they want to target real threat(s), the bathrooms at the Ralph are a complete bomb & the people at the Miami game think they'reemployed with missing the hole at the Port O' Johns. Those are much bigger threats to the fans IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-24-2013, 08:18 AM

r u mitchmurray, and therefore ntd?

justasportsfan
06-24-2013, 08:45 AM
drunk bills fans are more trouble than terrorists at a bills game.

TedMock
06-24-2013, 09:51 AM
agree totally. there is also a great illogical premise here. if someone is really willing to blow up a stadium, its going to happen. outside of simply creating a police state, and even then it wouldn't stop it, there is no way of stoping crazy people. all you can do is go by intell, take some common sense steps, but in the end you are crossing your fingers. in reality, this isn't about terrorism, but capitalists wanting us to by their 10 dollar beer

I have no problem with the $10 beer. Supply and demand at its core. I would not do it every day, but I would in extraordinary conditions like a sporting event. You have images from the Big Lebowski and Mountain Dew that show up on your account. Capitalism. The Big Lebowski was produced by Polygram who built themselves into an attractive British company. So attractive that they sold themselves for over $10 billion. Mountain Dew is owned by PepsiCo, the same company that owns Doritos, Starbucks, Gatorade, Tropicana and others. I don't love or support every aspect of capitalism, but it's kind of hard to hate on it too much.

Having said that, and in response to the thread, I'm going to games regardless of potential threats. I have seen first hand what the damage does, but I also do not feel nearly as close to "targeted" inside Ralph Wilson Stadium as I have in other places. Can't stop them all and can't live in fear. Be aware, be smart, etc.

Jan Reimers
06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Life is dangerous. We should all stay inside and hope that a plane doesn't fall on our home.

Bill Cody
06-24-2013, 11:24 AM
maybe I should spend my time in a more controlled environment.

Rubber room?

Parzival
06-24-2013, 11:28 AM
What you're missing is that not even terrorists give a **** about the Bills. They'd bomb a stadium of a way better team.

Bill Cody
06-24-2013, 11:33 AM
What you're missing is that not even terrorists give a **** about the Bills. They'd bomb a stadium of a way better team.

So the last 13 years has been worthwhile after all?

NOT THE DUDE...
06-24-2013, 01:35 PM
I have no problem with the $10 beer. Supply and demand at its core. I would not do it every day, but I would in extraordinary conditions like a sporting event. You have images from the Big Lebowski and Mountain Dew that show up on your account. Capitalism. The Big Lebowski was produced by Polygram who built themselves into an attractive British company. So attractive that they sold themselves for over $10 billion. Mountain Dew is owned by PepsiCo, the same company that owns Doritos, Starbucks, Gatorade, Tropicana and others. I don't love or support every aspect of capitalism, but it's kind of hard to hate on it too much.

Having said that, and in response to the thread, I'm going to games regardless of potential threats. I have seen first hand what the damage does, but I also do not feel nearly as close to "targeted" inside Ralph Wilson Stadium as I have in other places. Can't stop them all and can't live in fear. Be aware, be smart, etc.

I don't hate free markets, or at least free in the shoe store sense, as some services don't make sense with a free market like health care. but I dig free voluntary choices, as a consumer and in the labor force. what I don't agree with is " capital" ism.... the idea one can own the wealth creation of others without offering any productive act. again, capital is not productive. its a set amount of labor time, that is loaned out and then implies an idea of class and ownership of new wealth creation. basically, its a myth that money can work for you. is immoral and not justified. what you loan out is yours of course, but not the rent or interest. ownership is not a productive act. you might ask, well then why would anyone engage in starting business if its not a capitalist framework. you can start a co-op and still make great amounts of money. if you build a bike, and then someone uses that bike to deliver pizza, ( you are not working). and therefore should own nothing more than the bike. now, if we set up legislation where each recognized corp was democratic, the market would dictate how that would unfold. if you want to discuss this further, then just pm me... its a 10 hr conversation.

gebobs
06-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Win a Super Bowl and I will grab my ankles and allow a full cavity search for anyone wanting a peek.

zone
06-24-2013, 07:12 PM
agree totally.

With yourself?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-24-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't hate free markets, or at least free in the shoe store sense, as some services don't make sense with a free market like health care. but I dig free voluntary choices, as a consumer and in the labor force. what I don't agree with is " capital" ism.... the idea one can own the wealth creation of others without offering any productive act. again, capital is not productive. its a set amount of labor time, that is loaned out and then implies an idea of class and ownership of new wealth creation. basically, its a myth that money can work for you. is immoral and not justified. what you loan out is yours of course, but not the rent or interest. ownership is not a productive act. you might ask, well then why would anyone engage in starting business if its not a capitalist framework. you can start a co-op and still make great amounts of money. if you build a bike, and then someone uses that bike to deliver pizza, ( you are not working). and therefore should own nothing more than the bike. now, if we set up legislation where each recognized corp was democratic, the market would dictate how that would unfold. if you want to discuss this further, then just pm me... its a 10 hr conversation.
Spoken like a union wonk and someone who has never actually owned a business. I've been self employed for 25 years and run two businesses. Everything you just said is bullshat.

Turf
06-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Blame the Muslims as to why you have to get patted down. They're the ones killing women, maiming children, and innocent people. WAKE THE **** UP.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Spoken like a union wonk and someone who has never actually owned a business. I've been self employed for 25 years and run two businesses. Everything you just said is bullshat.

well, if you want to discuss it then pm me. I will say this, which doesn't mean I am necessarily even right, but if you think our economic system will last, and makes sense now, I can only say lets talk about it. I don't think it will, and some changes need to be made. ( if you are self employed, and do work yourself, than of course you are entitled to that work).

Skooby
06-25-2013, 11:52 AM
well, if you want to discuss it then pm me. I will say this, which doesn't mean I am necessarily even right, but if you think our economic system will last, and makes sense now, I can only say lets talk about it. I don't think it will, and some changes need to be made. ( if you are self employed, and do work yourself, than of course you are entitled to that work).

The people that have the money will pay to keep the same system in place. Heck the US government is printing huge amounts of money everyday to pay their bills, which makes other currencies more valuable until those other currencies print to much themselves (then the US $ gets better again).

NOT THE DUDE...
06-25-2013, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=MitchMurrayDowntown;3809718]The people that have the money will pay to keep the same system in place. Heck the US government is printing huge amounts of money everyday to pay their bills, which makes other currencies more valuable until those other currencies print to much themselves (then the US $ gets better again).[/QUOTE

i agree with what you are saying, i obviously think we can at least try to create a better more diffused system of wealth creation and power. i mean, im sure you agree this is not sustainable and far to black market like with relations between countries. i can understand the context of a different time, but globalization was a final step in ending natinonalism. not sure what we do next, im just a bills fan in michigan, but obviously we need to do something. the banking system is fundamentally flaud, both morally and being insovlent in reality

bf1
06-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Don't worry. Even terrorists feel bad for Bills fans.

k-oneputt
06-25-2013, 01:59 PM
People actually live their lives like this ? I would think Ralph Wilson Stadium is pretty safe from terriorist activity.

ServoBillieves
06-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Don't worry. Even terrorists feel bad for Bills fans.

Didn't we supply them in the early 90's with Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champion memorabilia?

IlluminatusUIUC
06-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Didn't we supply them in the early 90's with Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champion memorabilia?

That's why they'd think we were a high-profile target.

Skooby
06-25-2013, 04:33 PM

LOL, keep your enemies close was their motto.

TigerJ
06-25-2013, 09:03 PM
I am a fan who but rarely makes it to a game at the Ralph. Essentially, I look for those rare late Sunday home games, or possibly a game on a different day (Saturday evening would be out too). The only member of my family who would ever have the slightest inclination of going with me is my 30 year old son. He's big enough to decide for himself what risks he wants to take. It's not my place to judge whether or not someone with kids chooses to go to a game or not. For me, I figure while the risk is real, it's not at the present time more of a risk than getting on the expressway and driving 10 miles to work, something I do every day. Since it's only me, or my son and me, or a friend and me, I choose not to let the twisted mind of a terrorist cow me into a life where I'm afraid of my own shadow.

jdaltroy5
06-26-2013, 11:41 AM
I sincerely hope this thread is a joke.

The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are 1 in 20 million.

Literally. http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/06/chances-of-dying-in-a-terrorist-attack-number/

Which is 200000x less likely than dying in a car crash.

Skooby
06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I sincerely hope this thread is a joke.

The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are 1 in 20 million.

Literally. http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/06/chances-of-dying-in-a-terrorist-attack-number/

Which is 200000x less likely than dying in a car crash.

You have a higher danger of drinking too much & getting kicked out the stadium then drowning versus getting killed in a by a terrorist.

jdaltroy5
06-26-2013, 12:18 PM
You have a higher danger of drinking too much & getting kicked out the stadium then drowning versus getting killed in a by a terrorist.
Exactly.

And that has happened once in 50 years.

What colour does it rate on your fear-o-meter?