• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Goalie carousel continues in Toronto, LA gets Frattin, Scrivins and pick

Jonathan Bernier is headed to the Toronto Maple Leafs—and James Reimer has company. Bernier, who'd backed up Jonathan Quick, netted the LA Kings winger Matt Frattin, goalie Ben Scrivens and a second-round pick in 2014 or 2015.
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 06-23-2013, 05:52 PM.
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Goalie carousel continues in Toronto, LA gets Frattin, Scrivins and pick

That's a good pick up. Bernier is real good and is just coming into prime age for a young developing goalie.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Great pickup for my Leafs.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Anton Khudobin should be highly touted in my opinion. I think he can be a starter in this league.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mightysimi
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Anton Khudobin should be highly touted in my opinion. I think he can be a starter in this league.
          I bet they try to hang on to him until Subban is ready.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
            I bet they try to hang on to him until Subban is ready.
            I really hope so, but be it that he's UFA I think someone will drive the price up on him.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• mightysimi
              • Mar 2010

That is true but he isn't proven yet so there isn't too many teams that will spend a ton on a backup.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

19 Starts, 14-5-1, 2.03 GAA, .933%, 2 SO's.

He has potential to split and earn the job.
                It was all

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

And push Reimer to excel or step aside.

Comment

• mightysimi
                    • Mar 2010

I'm not arguing that he isn't good but with such a small body of work on the eastern conference champions, I doubt any organization would pay any more than back up salary with an option to compete. However, there aren't that many teams on the goalie hunt these days.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                      • Aug 2012

I think Bernier is a potential stud. Great pickup.

Comment

Working...
                      X