So we could have Desmond Bishop for 1.5 million for one year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

So we could have Desmond Bishop for 1.5 million for one year?

pretty stupid to not grab a guy like that for such a small amount of money. We are paying scrubs that wont help the team at all twice that.

anyone else a bit disappointed to see him sign for dirt cheap with the Vikings?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Re: So we could have Desmond Bishop for 1.5 million for one year?

I am. I think he's a stud.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Had a very severe hamstring tear last year, which few people ever return from. This is why he got nothing but feelers from a couple teams.

He may not even make it out of training camp.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Merriman 2.0, pass.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Merriman 2.0, pass.
          At a fraction of the cost, though.

I don't understand this team sometimes. They'll take on reclamation projects like Merriman or Owens but then balk at something like this. Their risk/reward evaluation is way out of whack.

Don't get me wrong- signing other team's trash is certainly not my preferred way of doing business. But camp is a month away and we still lack talent and experience at LB. There really aren't any better options left.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DBrown77
            Watching the Bills suck since 1999
            • Mar 2005

I read he was pretty dead set on going to Minnesota. He wants to play against his old team.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Why would he come to Buffalo for that kind of money?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                Why would he come to Buffalo for that kind of money?
                He went to Minnesota for that kind of money. They're another small market team in a bad weather location. It's not like we lost out to NY or Miami or Dallas. The only advantage they have over us is a dome.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  He went to Minnesota for that kind of money. They're another small market team in a bad weather location. It's not like we lost out to NY or Miami or Dallas. The only advantage they have over us is a dome.
                  That and hopes of a championship, if he's into that sort of thing.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Scheme - Bills want LB's that can run.

Sheppard sent packing because he cannot run.

Therefore, aquiring a LB with movement limitations, coming off a severe hamstring tear makes perfect sense.. Move over Lawson,Hughes,Kiko and other actual healthy alternatives with movement skills .." I've heard of him ! "

A couple other teams kicking his tires, offering nothing more that the vet minimum, are playoff caliber teams that he would find attractive.

Conclusion - He obviously wanted to come here. We passed on him. We suck.

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.~ Saul Bellow
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

At a fraction of the cost, though.

I don't understand this team sometimes. They'll take on reclamation projects like Merriman or Owens but then balk at something like this. Their risk/reward evaluation is way out of whack.

Don't get me wrong- signing other team's trash is certainly not my preferred way of doing business. But camp is a month away and we still lack talent and experience at LB. There really aren't any better options left.
                      why am I not surprised? bills are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        why am I not surprised? bills are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
                        Yeah well when they do something to earn the benefit of the doubt, you let me know. Their poor decision-making is what created the situation where this option is even worth considering, so they damned themselves a long time ago.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

As DBrown77 said, Bishop WANTED to play for the Vikings because they are in the same division as the Packers. I read the same thing myself. The Bills would have had to OVERPAY him to get him to Buffalo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Yeah well when they do something to earn the benefit of the doubt, you let me know. Their poor decision-making is what created the situation where this option is even worth considering, so they damned themselves a long time ago.
                            If the bills signed Bishop, you would've whined about them not learning their lesson and then say the same thing about poor-decision making. It never ends with you. Every decision made is wrong.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              If the bills signed Bishop, you would've whined about them not learning their lesson and then say the same thing about poor-decision making. It never ends with you. Every decision made is wrong.
                              Yup, base your argument on your assumption of how I would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred.....
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X