PDA

View Full Version : So we could have Desmond Bishop for 1.5 million for one year?

Tatonka
06-25-2013, 11:21 PM
pretty stupid to not grab a guy like that for such a small amount of money. We are paying scrubs that wont help the team at all twice that.

anyone else a bit disappointed to see him sign for dirt cheap with the Vikings?

Mouldsie
06-25-2013, 11:48 PM
I am. I think he's a stud.

Night Train
06-26-2013, 04:53 AM
Had a very severe hamstring tear last year, which few people ever return from. This is why he got nothing but feelers from a couple teams.

He may not even make it out of training camp.

Skooby
06-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Merriman 2.0, pass.

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Merriman 2.0, pass.

At a fraction of the cost, though.

I don't understand this team sometimes. They'll take on reclamation projects like Merriman or Owens but then balk at something like this. Their risk/reward evaluation is way out of whack.

Don't get me wrong- signing other team's trash is certainly not my preferred way of doing business. But camp is a month away and we still lack talent and experience at LB. There really aren't any better options left.

DBrown77
06-26-2013, 07:54 AM
I read he was pretty dead set on going to Minnesota. He wants to play against his old team.

Joe Fo Sho
06-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Why would he come to Buffalo for that kind of money?

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Why would he come to Buffalo for that kind of money?

He went to Minnesota for that kind of money. They're another small market team in a bad weather location. It's not like we lost out to NY or Miami or Dallas. The only advantage they have over us is a dome.

Joe Fo Sho
06-26-2013, 09:07 AM
He went to Minnesota for that kind of money. They're another small market team in a bad weather location. It's not like we lost out to NY or Miami or Dallas. The only advantage they have over us is a dome.

That and hopes of a championship, if he's into that sort of thing.

Night Train
06-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Scheme - Bills want LB's that can run.

Sheppard sent packing because he cannot run.

Therefore, aquiring a LB with movement limitations, coming off a severe hamstring tear makes perfect sense.. Move over Lawson,Hughes,Kiko and other actual healthy alternatives with movement skills .." I've heard of him ! "

A couple other teams kicking his tires, offering nothing more that the vet minimum, are playoff caliber teams that he would find attractive.

Conclusion - He obviously wanted to come here. We passed on him. We suck.

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.~ Saul Bellow

justasportsfan
06-26-2013, 09:42 AM
At a fraction of the cost, though.

I don't understand this team sometimes. They'll take on reclamation projects like Merriman or Owens but then balk at something like this. Their risk/reward evaluation is way out of whack.

Don't get me wrong- signing other team's trash is certainly not my preferred way of doing business. But camp is a month away and we still lack talent and experience at LB. There really aren't any better options left.

why am I not surprised? bills are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
why am I not surprised? bills are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Yeah well when they do something to earn the benefit of the doubt, you let me know. Their poor decision-making is what created the situation where this option is even worth considering, so they damned themselves a long time ago.

better days
06-26-2013, 09:46 AM

As DBrown77 said, Bishop WANTED to play for the Vikings because they are in the same division as the Packers. I read the same thing myself. The Bills would have had to OVERPAY him to get him to Buffalo.

justasportsfan
06-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah well when they do something to earn the benefit of the doubt, you let me know. Their poor decision-making is what created the situation where this option is even worth considering, so they damned themselves a long time ago.

If the bills signed Bishop, you would've whined about them not learning their lesson and then say the same thing about poor-decision making. It never ends with you. Every decision made is wrong.

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 10:04 AM
If the bills signed Bishop, you would've whined about them not learning their lesson and then say the same thing about poor-decision making. It never ends with you. Every decision made is wrong.
Yup, base your argument on your assumption of how I would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred.....

justasportsfan
06-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Yup, base your argument on your assumption of how I would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred.....

your post whining about not signing a player that several other teams passed on is proof you would have whined no matter what the bills did. I KNOW YOU WOULD'VE WHINED IF WE SIGNED BISHOP. Why? Because IT'S PROVEN, you whine just to whine.

Okay, the bills' decisions in the past have been bad. the most PROVEN team right now are the current sb champs. Just like the bills they didn't even sniff Bishop even after Ray Lewis retired. Do you dare argue with the Ravens? Are they just as stupid as the bills for not signing Bishop?

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 10:29 AM
your post whining about not signing a player that several other teams passed on is proof you would have whined no matter what the bills did. I KNOW YOU WOULD'VE WHINED IF WE SIGNED BISHOP. Why? Because IT'S PROVEN, you whine just to whine.

Okay, the bills' decisions in the past have been bad. the most PROVEN team right now are the current sb champs. Just like the bills they didn't even sniff Bishop even after Ray Lewis retired. Do you dare argue with the Ravens? Are they just as stupid as the bills for not signing Bishop?

I don't know who the Ravens added at LB this off-season so I can't answer that question.

justasportsfan
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
I don't know who the Ravens added at LB this off-season so I can't answer that question.

I don't care if they added a player or not. The bills added Lawson, drafted Kiko, most likely move Mario to lb too, etc. All are healthy enough to play ,yet they were wrong for not signing Bishop? There are more PROVEN teams than the vikings who didn't sign him as well.

1.5 is peanuts for a RAvens team to take a risk on Bishop, yet they weren't interested. Argue with them all you want.

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 10:56 AM
You sure they weren't interested? How do you know they didnt call his agent?

justasportsfan
06-26-2013, 12:01 PM
You sure they weren't interested? How do you know they didnt call his agent?

you sure the BILLS werent interested? How do you know they didnt call his agent?

jdaltroy5
06-26-2013, 12:46 PM
These threads are pointless.

Who the Hell knows if we could've had Desmond Bishop for 1.5 million?

He signed with a PLAYOFF team that just so happens to be the direct rival of the team that cut him.

We are also a young team, with a new coach, a new DC with a new system, and a 94 year old owner who has basically said the team is up for grabs after he passes.

I'm pretty sure if we offered equal money, 95% of players would choose Minny over us.

Typ0
06-26-2013, 12:51 PM
you sure the BILLS werent interested? How do you know they didnt call his agent?

Exactly!

NOT THE DUDE...
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
is he a better prospect than Alonso, bradham, moats? is he better in coverage than scott? does he have more upside than pough coming off the hamstring injury? if you answer with a meh to all those, that's why we didn't sign him.... people bash are scouting, when in reality ever since nix took over, we have been pretty good. its the qb, and only a qb that has held this team back...

justasportsfan
06-26-2013, 02:30 PM
its the qb, and only a qb that has held this team back...

coaching , but I get your point.

Meathead
06-27-2013, 09:14 AM
id rather have desmond bishop tutu

Bert102176
06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm disapointed also, but the bills were never interested, the bills only ever show interst in players that are career backups in this new era since 2000, mario was a fluke they needed a name and pr so they went and over payed and over paying was the only way to get him, you can chnge ll the coaches you want but until you change the owner and front office the team will give the same results

- - - Updated - - -

I'm disapointed also, but the bills were never interested, the bills only ever show interst in players that are career backups in this new era since 2000, mario was a fluke they needed a name and pr so they went and over payed and over paying was the only way to get him, you can chnge ll the coaches you want but until you change the owner and front office the team will give the same results