PDA

View Full Version : Hernandez released

JoeMama
06-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Sorry for the millionth thread.

The Pats are a no BS franchise. Enough of this guy.

http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

better days
06-26-2013, 09:53 AM
When I saw the headline for this thread, I expected to see Hernandez made bail & was being released from jail.

Que the Bills should sign Hernandez threads.

Bill Cody
06-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Sorry for the millionth thread.

The Pats are a no BS franchise. Enough of this guy.

http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

no BS franchise? hmmm....they threw money at dumb and dumber (Gronk and Hernandez) and let choir boy Welker go to Denver. They're no BS NOW. Before? There was plenty of BS. Hernandez had a history with weapons and gangs before they even drafted him and they took him anyway. No no they don't get any praise for acting swiftly now that's a joke. The Patriots think they can turn every punk in America into a model citizen, that's their arrogance. Fact is they're no different than the rest of the league.

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 10:01 AM
I think the release has something to do with his contract and allows the Pats to reclaim some of the money. It's all about the dollar.

justasportsfan
06-26-2013, 10:01 AM
no BS franchise? hmmm....they threw money at dumb and dumber (Gronk and Hernandez) and let choir boy Welker go to Denver. They're no BS NOW. Before? There was plenty of BS. Hernandez had a history with weapons and gangs before they even drafted him and they took him anyway. No no they don't get any praise for acting swiftly now that's a joke. The Patriots think they can turn every punk in America into a model citizen, that's their arrogance. Fact is they're no different than the rest of the league.

they're a no BS franchise. They just cheat.

imbondz
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Wow that was quick!

better days
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I think the release has something to do with his contract and allows the Pats to reclaim some of the money. It's all about the dollar.

NOPE according to profootballtalk.com, by releasing him the Pats* can not recover the $12.5 Million signing bonus or $1.3 Mill guaranteed salary for this year.

better days
06-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Wow that was quick!

There is speculation the NFL & Pats* know what is going to happen next because of their own investigation.

lightningbolt444
06-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Pretty sure the way the new CBA is setup is of a player is suspended it voids any of his signing bonus that he has not been paid yet. So they would only be on the hook for the guaranteed salary on the contract

Bill Cody
06-26-2013, 10:12 AM
When I saw the headline for this thread, I expected to see Hernandez made bail & was being released from jail.

Que the Bills should sign Hernandez threads.

He will but he has to be arraigned

Bill Cody
06-26-2013, 10:13 AM
There is speculation the NFL & Pats* know what is going to happen next because of their own investigation.

LMAO. Maybe it was the Pats surveillance cameras that AH smashed.

better days
06-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Pretty sure the way the new CBA is setup is of a player is suspended it voids any of his signing bonus that he has not been paid yet. So they would only be on the hook for the guaranteed salary on the contract

According to profootballtalk.com, he has been paid a $12.5 Mill signing bonus that the Pats* can't recover.

Skooby
06-26-2013, 10:16 AM
According to profootballtalk.com, he has been paid a $12.5 Mill signing bonus that the Pats* can't recover.

Wow, the Pats are getting slapped twice. Loss of player & resources.

imbondz
06-26-2013, 10:19 AM
AH is the new poster boy for teams not drafting troubled players in college.

OpIv37
06-26-2013, 10:31 AM
NOPE according to profootballtalk.com, by releasing him the Pats* can not recover the $12.5 Million signing bonus or $1.3 Mill guaranteed salary for this year.

That's chump change for Kraft. The important question: does it still count against their cap?

Oaf
06-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Also, by getting arrested, Aaron potentially can not USE any of the $12.5M, $1.3M etc :snicker:

Albany,n.y.
06-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Also, by getting arrested, Aaron potentially can not USE any of the $12.5M, $1.3M etc :snicker:

He'll be using a lot of it on whatever "Dream Team II" he puts together to defend him.

better days
06-26-2013, 10:59 AM
That's chump change for Kraft. The important question: does it still count against their cap?

I just heard on WEEI, the Pats* will have a cap charge of almost $8Mill this year by releasing Hernandez.

Also, all Hernandez jerseys are no longer for sale. You can get a jersey for past Pats* players such as Welker & Chung ( they said a Chung jersey could be bought for $35.00) but NOT Hernandez. It looks like the Pats* want to cut all ties to this guy.

And I remember some people on this board saying what a GOOD WR Brandon Lloyd was. He is so good the Pats* let him walk & even with all their troubles at the WR position they do not want him back. And no other team has signed him yet either.

Night Train
06-26-2013, 11:12 AM
" Murder, shmurder...We paid for that cellphone ! That's the last draw ! "

Scumbag College
06-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Bring him in!

Oaf
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
He'll be using a lot of it on whatever "Dream Team II" he puts together to defend him.

Indeed. Good day to be a lawyer.

Meathead
06-26-2013, 05:19 PM
all those hernandez jerseys are going into the same incinerator that ate the tapes