NFL players attempting murder like no one else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

NFL players attempting murder like no one else.

After all the Hernandez hoopla, I started looking into this. OJ and Carruth are the first that came to mind, but it seems NFL players are out there attempting murder at double the rate of all the other sports combined.

NFL players tried for murder (loosely based, includes vehicular homicide, attempted murder etc.)
    Rae Carruth, Dwayne Goodrich, Leonard Little, Lawrence Phillips, OJ Simpson, Donte Stallworth, Ray Lewis, Daryl Henley, Eric Napowski, Jovan Belcher (would've been), Aaron Hernandez (possibly), Ausar Walcott (possibly).

Total of 12.

Combine all other major sports (baseball, basketball and hockey) 6.

Granted the roster sizes are larger, but a large majority of these guys were premier players at the time of their trial.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: NFL players attempting murder like no one else.

A rookie for the Browns was arrested for attempted murder yesterday.

Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Ausar Walcott was arrested Tuesday and charged with attempted murder for allegedly punching a man outside a club in Northern New Jersey.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
      A rookie for the Browns was arrested for attempted murder yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/94...tempted-murder
      He's on the list.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Here's another one ex-Bill Jim Dunaway:

Murder Charge and Aftermath[edit]

In 1998, Dunaway's ex-wife, Nonniel Dunaway was found dead in a half-empty swimming pool. An autopsy revealed that she had a fractured skull and was unconscious when she was placed in the water by her assailant where she drowned. Prior to this event, Nonniel had won a divorce judgment which gave her more than 800 acres (3.2 km2) of property that the couple owned, $1800 a month in alimony and half of Dunaway's NFL pension. They had been divorced since 1995 and Dunaway was planning to appeal.

Dunaway was charged with her murder but a grand jury chose not to indict Dunaway of the charges. In response, his children filed a wrongful death lawsuit, alleging that Dunaway was responsible for their mother's death. In 2002, Dunaway was found liable and ordered to pay $579,000 to his children.

Ironically, Dunaway had been a teammate for three seasons of star running back O.J. Simpson, who was similarly found responsible for his ex-wife's death after being acquitted of her murder in a controversial trial in 1995.

Comment

• Homegrown
          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
          • Jul 2008

on another note, I wonder what the rates of homosexuality among figure skaters is?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
            on another note, I wonder what the rates of homosexuality among figure skaters is?
            On yet another note, I wonder what the rate of football players killing homosexual figure skaters is?
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Homegrown
              Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
              On yet another note, I wonder what the rate of football players killing homosexual figure skaters is?
              ... or how many x-gamers are 420 friendly..?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

... or how many x-gamers are 420 friendly..?
                I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the answer to both is 100%.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Maybe we just need a hug from Goodell

Comment

• Mouldsie
                    • Aug 2012

The rates of charity are greater than that of all other sports too.

Comment

Working...
                    X