PDA

View Full Version : The last man to tackle Hernandez (maybe ever).... was Bernard Pollard

IlluminatusUIUC
06-26-2013, 11:46 PM
<tbody>
1:31
RAV 33
Tom Brady (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00.htm) pass complete short left to Aaron Hernandez (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HernAa00.htm) for 11 yards (tackle by Bernard Pollard (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PollBe20.htm))

</tbody>
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201301200nwe.htm

Jesus, never has one man brought so much pain down on one franchise.

Parzival
06-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Haha, nice find. The guy must haunt Bellicheck's nightmares.

jills
06-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Hahaha awesome! Pollard just became my favorite non-Bills player of all time.

jdaltroy5
06-27-2013, 05:07 AM
You should be more clear.

The last man IN THE NFL to tackle Hernandez.

Mr. Miyagi
06-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Clearer. CLEARER!!!!

God damn it this is such a pet peeve for me.

This shirt is more big than that shirt. Doesn't that sound stupid to you?

Pinkerton Security
06-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Clearer. CLEARER!!!!

well you should get a new pet peeve because either "clearer" or "more clear" are grammatically acceptable, and now you just look like a whiner. The fickle English language has many variations on rules, meaning there is no definite rule, MEANING "more big" and "more clear" aren't nearly the same situation. For example, would you say "funner" or "more fun"?

Joe Fo Sho
06-27-2013, 07:50 AM
The man is a legend in my book.

jdaltroy5
06-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Clearer. CLEARER!!!!

Both "more clear" and "clearer" are acceptable:

Your answer is more clear than mine.
Your answer is clearer than mine.
I would have thought that "clearer" was more common, but I find "more clear than" is actually much more common on Google than "clearer than"

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/2166/more-clear-vs-clearer-when-to-use-more-instead-of-er

OpIv37
06-27-2013, 09:23 AM
And why didn't we sign him? It must have been because we had to lock up Levitre.... oh wait nevermind. It had to be so we can give Byrd his new contract... oh, right, nevermind.

JoeMama
06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Send this man to the Bills Wall of Fame.

First non-Bill to make it.

jdaltroy5
06-27-2013, 09:26 AM
And why didn't we sign him? It must have been because we had to lock up Levitre.... oh wait nevermind. It had to be so we can give Byrd his new contract... oh, right, nevermind.
Don't tell me that you're one of those guys that *****es about every guy we DON'T sign.

OpIv37
06-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Don't tell me that you're one of those guys that *****es about every guy we DON'T sign.

I ***** about not improving the team.

I realize we can't sign every FA out there, but the mantra on this site has been that Nix re-signs his own. Well, this off-season, we failed to attract big name FA's AND failed to re-sign the two big name FA's that we had in Byrd and Levitre.

If we're not gonna sign a guy, fine- just show me how the money and cap space that could have been used to sign him is being used to help the team elsewhere, because when we're not signing FA's from other teams and we're not locking up our own guys, I don't see it.

Mouldsie
06-27-2013, 09:53 AM
well you should get a new pet peeve because either "clearer" or "more clear" are grammatically acceptable, and now you just look like a whiner. The fickle English language has many variations on rules, meaning there is no definite rule, MEANING "more big" and "more clear" aren't nearly the same situation. For example, would you say "funner" or "more fun"?
pwnt

jdaltroy5
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
I ***** about not improving the team.

I realize we can't sign every FA out there, but the mantra on this site has been that Nix re-signs his own. Well, this off-season, we failed to attract big name FA's AND failed to re-sign the two big name FA's that we had in Byrd and Levitre.

If we're not gonna sign a guy, fine- just show me how the money and cap space that could have been used to sign him is being used to help the team elsewhere, because when we're not signing FA's from other teams and we're not locking up our own guys, I don't see it.
Trust me, I ***** about the team not improving (or staying stagnant) all the time.

Losing Levitre hurt a lot, and I *****ed when we didn't re-sign Nelson, but we really shouldn't be *****ing about not signing guys like Pollard.

It's almost July man, we should have some optimism at this point.

That is until September rolls around so we can experience the perennial soul crushing.

BertSquirtgum
06-27-2013, 11:20 AM

GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY

OpIv37
06-27-2013, 11:51 AM
GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY

yeah, you're right. I mean, why should the team be criticized for not signing any big name FA's, letting Levitre walk, and getting into a holdout situation with Byrd? That's a SB-winning formula right there!

Mr. Miyagi
06-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Fun is an exception, just like vague, or good.

No it is not bother grammatically correct. Not sure where you learned that. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Bert102176
06-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I just love seeing bad stuff happen to non buffalo teams especially the Patsies

jdaltroy5
06-27-2013, 12:09 PM

No it is not bother grammatically correct. Not sure where you learned that. WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Well everywhere I checked said both were correct.

"You can form the comparative by EITHER adding ‘er’ to the adjective or adding the word, ‘more.’ It’s the writer’s call."

http://languagetips.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/weekly-language-usage-tips-former-and-latter-clearer-or-more-clear-comparatives/

Besides, I'm not sure I should be taking language tips from someone that tries to write, "No it is not bother grammatically correct."

Lucidvizion
06-27-2013, 12:17 PM

Haha. Every time a grammar nazi comes out of the woodwork, he or she inevitably makes a grammatically terrible post in the exact same thread.

It most be some kind of unwritten internet rule. Way to keep the trend going.

Pinkerton Security
06-27-2013, 12:26 PM

K. My sister is an english teacher with a masters in education, and she says it is. I'll believe her, thanks though.

Pinkerton Security
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Clearer. CLEARER!!!!

With very few exceptions (such as "bad, worse, worst"), the comparative and superlative forms of monosyllabic adjectives can be formed with inflections (adding the "-er" and "-est" endings) as in "sad, sadder, saddest." This is not to say, however, that you have to form the comparative and superlative with inflected endings, because the alternative periphrastic form is also available. That's a big word for using "more" and "most." When are you better off saying "more sad" than "sadder"? That's hard to say. When the adjective is in the predicate position, the periphrastic form is more apt to come into play (as in "more apt," for example, or "This ending is more sad than the ending you had written before"). There are some monosyllabic adjectives that don't work very well with inflected endings: "Of these two dolls, this one more life-like, more real" (you would probably not say "realer"). I have a hard time saying "clearer" and prefer "more clear": "This sentence is more clear now that we've removed the superfluous clause," but that's strictly a matter of personal preference. John is duller/more dull than his brother. (I'd choose "more dull.") In short, my point is that the comparative and superlative forms of monosyllabic adjectives can almost always be formed with the two inflected endings, but if the sounds and rhythms of your sentence urge you to use "more" or "most," that is an available alternative.
Authority: A University Grammar of English by Randolph Quirk and Sidney Greenbaum. Longman Group: Essex, England. 1993. Used with permission. p. 134.

jdaltroy5
06-27-2013, 12:39 PM
With very few exceptions (such as "bad, worse, worst"), the comparative and superlative forms of monosyllabic adjectives can be formed with inflections (adding the "-er" and "-est" endings) as in "sad, sadder, saddest." This is not to say, however, that you have to form the comparative and superlative with inflected endings, because the alternative periphrastic form is also available. That's a big word for using "more" and "most." When are you better off saying "more sad" than "sadder"? That's hard to say. When the adjective is in the predicate position, the periphrastic form is more apt to come into play (as in "more apt," for example, or "This ending is more sad than the ending you had written before"). There are some monosyllabic adjectives that don't work very well with inflected endings: "Of these two dolls, this one more life-like, more real" (you would probably not say "realer"). I have a hard time saying "clearer" and prefer "more clear": "This sentence is more clear now that we've removed the superfluous clause," but that's strictly a matter of personal preference. John is duller/more dull than his brother. (I'd choose "more dull.") In short, my point is that the comparative and superlative forms of monosyllabic adjectives can almost always be formed with the two inflected endings, but if the sounds and rhythms of your sentence urge you to use "more" or "most," that is an available alternative.
Authority: A University Grammar of English by Randolph Quirk and Sidney Greenbaum. Longman Group: Essex, England. 1993. Used with permission. p. 134.
http://silellak.com/lets_play/BOOM.gif

The Jokeman
06-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Speaking of grammar, I wonder what would stop a team from claiming Hernandez' rights and putting him on Non-Football Injury list? As am sure it could be debated that Hernandez's murdering might have been a result of rage which could be a mental illness.

gebobs
06-27-2013, 01:33 PM

Was a tight end. He will soon be a wide receiver with a full back. *rimshot*

IlluminatusUIUC
06-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Speaking of grammar, I wonder what would stop a team from claiming Hernandez' rights and putting him on Non-Football Injury list? As am sure it could be debated that Hernandez's murdering might have been a result of rage which could be a mental illness.

Wouldn't you still have to pay him?

jimmifli
06-27-2013, 02:18 PM

Was a tight end. He will soon be a wide receiver with a full back. *rimshot*

HURRAY FOR PRISON RAPE JOKES!!!!

jimmifli
06-27-2013, 02:22 PM

Thanks, that couldn't have been more clearer.

OpIv37
06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
you know, supposedly I "hijack" a lot of threads, and I have gotten into some rather epic debates that were a bit off-topic, but I've never turned a football thread into a two-page grammar discussion.

Zero
06-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Haha. Every time a grammar nazi comes out of the woodwork, he or she inevitably makes a grammatically terrible post in the exact same thread.

It most be some kind of unwritten internet rule. Way to keep the trend going.

True True True!!

gebobs
06-27-2013, 02:37 PM
you know, supposedly I "hijack" a lot of threads, and I have gotten into some rather epic debates that were a bit off-topic, but I've never turned a football thread into a two-page grammar discussion.

Such is being a Bills fan that such a thread is more interesting than anything about the team. It is really sad when this happens mid-season. :-)

The Jokeman
06-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't you still have to pay him?

Actually no they wouldn't have to pay him which makes it a win win situation IF Hernandez has an illness as
According to Article 20, Section 3 of the new CBA, clubs are not required to pay players while they are placed on the Non-football Injury or Illness list.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7945244/nfl-cba-change-proving-costly-injured-players

Mr. Pink
06-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Actually no they wouldn't have to pay him which makes it a win win situation IF Hernandez has an illness as

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7945244/nfl-cba-change-proving-costly-injured-players

Even if they don't have to pay him, what's the point?

The dude will never see the outside world ever again let alone a football field.

Bill Cody
06-27-2013, 03:53 PM

Unless that team has the rights to another remake of The Longest Yard what would be the reason?

OpIv37
06-27-2013, 03:55 PM

is "torn rectum" considered an illness?

jimmifli
06-27-2013, 04:31 PM
I get that it's just a "joke" but I never understand why violent rape of men is such an acceptable topic.

"HAHA several large men are going to hold him against his will and have intercourse with him until they tear his rectum and he requires medical attention."

Sorry to derail this grammar thread about non Bills murderer tightends.

OpIv37
06-27-2013, 04:39 PM
I get that it's just a "joke" but I never understand why violent rape of men is such an acceptable topic.

"HAHA several large men are going to hold him against his will and have intercourse with him until they tear his rectum and he requires medical attention."

Sorry to derail this grammar thread about non Bills murderer tightends.

well first of all, most of the people who are in jail did something awful to get in there, so they deserve whatever they get. Hernandez should have thought about the unwanted butt sex before killing a guy for "talking to the wrong people."

Second, the jokes aren't a bad thing- aside from being funny (usually), they act as an additional deterrent for people with half a brain (unlike Hernandez). The thought of being locked in jail is bad enough. The high likelihood of being raped in the shower by black guys with gang tattoos or white guys with swastika tattoos makes it even scarier.

jimmifli
06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
well first of all, most of the people who are in jail did something awful to get in there, so they deserve whatever they get.
So why don't we just sentence people to rape?

OpIv37
06-27-2013, 05:56 PM
So why don't we just sentence people to rape?

We do. Not officially, but we all know damn well that's what happens and no one ever tries to change prison standards or do anything about it.

jdaltroy5
06-27-2013, 06:43 PM

Haha, that's a good one, I haven't heard that one yet.

DynaPaul
06-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Damn, we should have broke the bank to sign Pollard. We'd instantly eliminate the Patriots as division rivals and likely send them back to the bottom of the division where they belong. Maybe he has an electromagnetic aura that cancels out Ernie Adams' headset as well?

The Jokeman
06-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Even if they don't have to pay him, what's the point?

The dude will never see the outside world ever again let alone a football field.

Any Bills fan should know that the feelings of the public doesn't always coiencide with the feelings of a jury.