PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams is out looking for trouble- it might be time to cut bait

Skooby
06-28-2013, 08:48 AM
It's very funny but in reality, this type of attention is not something the Bills nor the league need to have players go into. Mario is posting up his own gun pictures & making fun of other players who have recently been accused of murder. Does this seem like a professional & someone who is taking his job seriously ?? I think it's time to see if we can unload this guy, more poor choices will be coming along sooner than later based on what I'm seeing.
http://instagram.com/p/bEyXDGJy9-/

Saratoga Slim
06-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I agree. It's funny and well executed. . . but Mario's got to recognize that he's a public figure. Send it to your buddies, but don't post it.

better days
06-28-2013, 08:58 AM
I don't want to live in a police state. Mario has done NOTHING WRONG.

Skooby
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't want to live in a police state. Mario has done NOTHING WRONG.

Do you really think NFL players with personal pictures of guns & making fun of another NFL player charged with murder is the right thing to do right now ? It's like trying to sell rats during the plague.

Fixxxer
06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Do you really think NFL players with personal pictures of guns & making fun of another NFL player charged with murder is the right thing to do right now ? It's like trying to sell rats during the plague.

Or you can overreact like a teenage girl.

mayotm
06-28-2013, 09:10 AM
It's very funny but in reality, this type of attention is not something the Bills nor the league need to have players go into. Mario is posting up his own gun pictures & making fun of other players who have recently been accused of murder. Does this seem like a professional & someone who is taking his job seriously ?? I think it's time to see if we can unload this guy, more poor choices will be coming along sooner than later based on what I'm seeing.
http://instagram.com/p/bEyXDGJy9-/Don't worry about the Bills players. You don't want to go to games due to your fear of terrorist attacks. I would suggest building your bunker and getting into it.

OpIv37
06-28-2013, 09:11 AM

I think Aaron Hernandez is a douche and deserves whatever jokes are made about him. And I think Mario has been into hunting and guns since long before Aaron Hernandez killed a guy, and he shouldn't be prevented from sharing his hobby on Twitter because Hernandez is a thug.

Joe Fo Sho
06-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Man, I can only imagine the things I would post if I had as many followers as Mario Williams. If I were him, my Aaron Hernandez joke would've been way worse than what he posted.

justasportsfan
06-28-2013, 09:20 AM
why can't I see anything? :idunno:

SquishDaFish
06-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Give your hormones a break skooby. Unbunch your panties. Unlike Hernandez Mario has permits for his I'm sure seeing he hunts. Who cares

better days
06-28-2013, 09:38 AM

I have NO PROBLEM with Mario making fun of the Pats* although I will admit it is in poor taste, NOT A BIG DEAL.

better days
06-28-2013, 09:41 AM
why can't I see anything? :idunno:

Maybe because there is nothing here to see.

THRILLHO
06-28-2013, 09:42 AM
I think its been time to cut bait with you and your posts.

justasportsfan
06-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Maybe because there is nothing here to see.
if its shooting a gun , no problem. Making fun of someone even if it's Hernandez , tasteless but fair game IF proven guilty which he isn't yet.

better days
06-28-2013, 09:51 AM
if its shooting a gun , no problem. Making fun of someone even if it's Hernandez , tasteless but fair game IF proven guilty which he isn't yet.

It is a picture (not a photo) of Hernandez in front of a car holding a handgun.

And I think Hernandez is fairgame to be made fun of at this point.

I'm sure Pats* fans were making fun of Mario & the ring. Who knows? Maybe that is the reason he is taking shots at Hernandez & the Pats*, in retaliation for that.

justasportsfan
06-28-2013, 09:54 AM

Oh , then Hernandez himself would've loved that picture .

DBrown77
06-28-2013, 09:59 AM

Its the PC views like this that are ruining this country. Even though i think it was dumb to post the Hernandez photo i dont think it should cost him his job. How do you know he wasnt referencing the TMZ self pic of Hernandez holding the gun and making fun of that?

Its like your employer taking a look at the idiotic threads/posts you create on this site and then fire you because of it.

kishoph
06-28-2013, 10:00 AM

And I think Hernandez is fairgame to be made fun of at this point.

I'm sure Pats* fans were making fun of Mario & the ring. Who knows? Maybe that is the reason he is taking shots at Hernandez & the Pats*, in retaliation for that.

I doubt if Williams made the picture, it's probably something he saw and just re-posted.

ServoBillieves
06-28-2013, 10:01 AM
So... Aaron Hernandez kills someone and jokes can't be made because it's in poor taste... Why is that bad taste, because he's also a football player? If he wasn't a football player, would he be able to make that joke and it wouldn't be in poor taste? Or are we just not allowed to make fun of a murdering thug because it hurts said thugs feelings? Do you think the family of Odin Lloyd wants people to stop making fun of Aaron Hernandez and hope that people stick up for him?

A bomb goes off in Boston at the Marathon and we all have to love Boston sports as well? There are bad people in the world, and bad things happen. Some people try to cope or help others cope with tragedy through humor. Change your tampon and get off your high horse, we're not cutting Mario Williams because he has the legal right to have weapons (and went about it the right way) and a legal right to a sense of humor.

Night Train
06-28-2013, 10:16 AM
If we cut all the dumb/brain dead players in the NFL, there wouldn't be enought bodies left to field 1 team.

coastal
06-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Fools Gold should stfu and produce.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-28-2013, 10:27 AM

He crudely photoshopped this picture:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D3wLgtxAeOs/TCtPs_5tS0I/AAAAAAAAABM/NPtML33pkLw/s1600/Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-875.jpg

To put Hernandez's face on it and changed it to Grand Theft Auto: New England.

My question is, are those guns he's showing off legal? What he claims is a fully auto silenced M16? An M60?

justasportsfan
06-28-2013, 10:48 AM

Hernandez himself would have done it if he knew how. Look at the picture he took of himself.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/06/26/0626-tmz-gun-aaron-hernandez-3.jpg

My question is, are those guns he's showing off legal? What he claims is a fully auto silenced M16? An M60? :idunno:

Pinkerton Security
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Worst thread premise ever. "one of our best players made fun of a guy who got arrested on murder charges, so lets cut him". Christ, people have too much time on their hands to think about stupid isht like this

justasportsfan
06-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Worst thread premise ever. "one of our best players made fun of a guy who got convicted of murder, so lets cut him". Christ, people have too much time on their hands to think about stupid isht like this
he's not convicted yet. He is innocent until proven guilty.

alnilla
06-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Don't worry about the Bills players. You don't want to go to games due to your fear of terrorist attacks. I would suggest building your bunker and getting into it.

I second that, build it without an internet connection too.

Pinkerton Security
06-28-2013, 10:58 AM

Fixed

Lucidvizion
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D3wLgtxAeOs/TCtPs_5tS0I/AAAAAAAAABM/NPtML33pkLw/s1600/Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-875.jpg

My question is, are those guns he's showing off legal? What he claims is a fully auto silenced M16? An M60?

If the M16 was manufactured prior to 1986, and he has the proper BATFE registrations for it and the silencer, then yes, they would be legal (in Texas, his home state,anyway).

IlluminatusUIUC
06-28-2013, 11:40 AM
If the M16 was manufactured prior to 1981, and he has the proper BATFE registrations for it and the silencer, then yes, they would be legal (in Texas, his home state,anyway).

Does he still live in Texas? I remember people posting up pics of the mansion he bought in Buffalo.

And is an M60 ever legal? Assuming it's not a de-activated antique?

imbondz
06-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Mario's pic is hilarious if he did it to make fun of AH.

Even if it wasn't a nod at AH I see nothing wrong with him posting that pic. Guns and target shooting are fun

Lucidvizion
06-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Does he still live in Texas? I remember people posting up pics of the mansion he bought in Buffalo.

I am not exactly sure but I just assumed he was since he's recently become a peace officer there.

And is an M60 ever legal? Assuming it's not a de-activated antique?

From wikipedia:

Various makes of older fully automatic versions are on the market as well, but there are many legal requirements to be met before purchasing them, and they cost upwards of U.S. $20,000–30,000. This is largely due to the restriction on the production of fully automatic firearms in the U.S. for the general civilian market since 1986. The combination of banning production and importation has led many to think it is illegal to own a machine gun, when, in fact, it is legal to own and use a fully automatic M60 machine gun in the United States (unless prohibited by other state or local laws).

IlluminatusUIUC
06-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I am not exactly sure but I just assumed he was since he's recently become a peace officer there.

Good point.

From wikipedia:

Well I'll be damned, you learn something new every day. Do you think, if we set up a concealed machine gun next in one endzone of the Ralph, could we hold the Patriots under 21 points?

better days
06-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I doubt if Williams made the picture, it's probably something he saw and just re-posted.

No doubt about that. The artist is pretty damn good.

Meathead
06-28-2013, 01:02 PM
theres a HUUUGE freakin difference between a responsible gun owner showing pics playing with legal firearms and a ghetto gangsta thug showing how hard he is

jwenger
06-28-2013, 02:02 PM
AH is a banger and a punk albeit a rich punk. He is a punk from his overdone tats to his friends. He likes to think of himself as Scarface. He will get what he deserves.

jimmifli
06-28-2013, 02:11 PM
He's guilty enough to make fun of him. If he turns out to be innocent, Mario can apologize for the considerable damage he caused to Hernandez's feeewings.

GTA: NE is funny.

Extremebillsfan247
06-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Well, gee, holy cow, lets call the ethics police. :blahblah:

alnilla
06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
As long as you have a Class 3 license you can get it but it cost thousands to get and years to get approved for my boss has it and he has multiple full autos.

mikemac2001
06-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Can you cut bait and leave the billszone i went to another forum to check that out....and you were there to, its like stop spamming the forum and add this in the tim graham post that was started. you just like to see the number of replies and post you have. mario has done nothing wrong

BertSquirtgum
06-28-2013, 08:09 PM

Why do you care? You can't bring your family to games because of the terrorists. Why are you even worried about this team? or is it the drama you try and create what gets you off? Get a ****ing life loser.

Skooby
06-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Why do you care? You can't bring your family to games because of the terrorists. Why are you even worried about this team? or is it the drama you try and create what gets you off? Get a ****ing life loser.

I'd rather have $20 Million going towards a FA with some brains & a chance to make us a winner, in case you don't remember we paid a fortune on defense towards the suck we saw. They were smart enough to cut our over-paid QB & he had a Ivory league brain. Mario has ivy for a brain, that shows in his life choices. I'm not here to judge the guy, I'm here to say our resources would be better spent on brains & talent combined. That's a combo Mario is lacking, bigtime. One other thing, this type of ignorant stuff is one of the reason we've had a 14 year (longest ever) playoff drought. Poor choices by previous management to waste resources on dead ends.

P.S. I'm not buying that wrist story either, he gets surgery one week & a week later he's on fire. Talking about mailing in the first half of the season before even trying. He quit like the rest of the defense, I hope he actually can try to earn his money all this season. There's others that know the story as well, being a fan ends when a player doesn't try. $20 M a season & no effort, wow talk about a horrible investment.

superbills
06-28-2013, 09:31 PM
What life choices are we speaking of here, pray tell? And what's the "Ivory League"?

Skooby
06-28-2013, 10:10 PM
What life choices are we speaking of here, pray tell? And what's the "Ivory League"?

It's a little known African bowl game that gets played in Kenya, I also meant Ivy & my phone helped me out.

SquishDaFish
06-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Skooby your an idiot

better days
06-28-2013, 10:35 PM
I'd rather have $20 Million going towards a FA with some brains & a chance to make us a winner, in case you don't remember we paid a fortune on defense towards the suck we saw. They were smart enough to cut our over-paid QB & he had a Ivory league brain. Mario has ivy for a brain, that shows in his life choices. I'm not here to judge the guy, I'm here to say our resources would be better spent on brains & talent combined. That's a combo Mario is lacking, bigtime. One other thing, this type of ignorant stuff is one of the reason we've had a 14 year (longest ever) playoff drought. Poor choices by previous management to waste resources on dead ends.

P.S. I'm not buying that wrist story either, he gets surgery one week & a week later he's on fire. Talking about mailing in the first half of the season before even trying. He quit like the rest of the defense, I hope he actually can try to earn his money all this season. There's others that know the story as well, being a fan ends when a player doesn't try. $20 M a season & no effort, wow talk about a horrible investment.

We have gone over this before. Mario had the surgery BEFORE the bye week.

GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT. He had 2.5 weeks to recover.

ublinkwescore
06-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Good point.

Well I'll be damned, you learn something new every day. Do you think, if we set up a concealed machine gun next in one endzone of the Ralph, could we hold the Patriots under 21 points?

can i operate said machine gun? BYE BYE BRADY!!!! You too belicheat!

JoeMama
06-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Oh thanks ublinkewescore, now the Bills are going to get penalized by the NFL for their fans threatening Tom Brady. Which I'm sure is in the rule book somewhere.

All you have to do is breathe on that guy and you're getting a flag. They protect him like he's their personal newborn baby.

Mouldsie
06-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Guys,

Is Mario a photoshop user?
If so, is that why his wrist got injured?
That's all I want to know.

justasportsfan
06-29-2013, 08:44 AM

which others? the ones that told you this?

Nassib will be the starting QB come our first game, Kolb being a good back-up. Mark my words to this post, it's already over, it's been called already. .

and this?

Rumor: Byrd is in play to potentially be traded for picks tonight

They'll see who's available at the time but Byrd is in play right now, make no mistake about it..

SquishDaFish
06-29-2013, 08:52 AM

and this?

The 10 year old Troll has been squashed

Skooby
06-29-2013, 09:21 AM
The 10 year old Troll has been squashed

How am I troll ?? Mario behaves like a child & is the highest paid on our team, is that not the case? Has been performance been worth $20 M on one of the worst defenses in the NFL, multiple years running? You would hire a $1,000 an hour lawyer to defend a small claims case ??

Skooby
06-29-2013, 09:27 AM

and this?

Things change at the last minute during the draft, messages I got said we were trading out of our spot (you conveniently failed to post that one) & We might trade back again with Nassib being available later in the first. EJ had a shot to go earlier in the first then we were supposed to end up, no one really wanted to be near the top (henceforth the horrible value received for trading out of the top 5 spot).

As per who knows what, that's just no concern of yours. I reported several events that were not reported until days later & got ripped for posting them. Here's a quick example that wasn't deleted:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217876-Rumor-Kevin-Kolb-coming-in-today

It's still in spam today, even though I was dead on accurate & 2 days earlier than Adam S. making it national news. I guess we all have selective memory as to who brings what here but many here can't post but what they read somewhere else, I post what I hear come what may. I won't always be right but I'm willing to put my neck out there, which is easier than calling people names after the fact or targeting specific events called wrong.

better days
06-29-2013, 09:31 AM
How am I troll ?? Mario behaves like a child & is the highest paid on our team, is that not the case? Has been performance been worth $20 M on one of the worst defenses in the NFL, multiple years running? You would hire a $1,000 an hour lawyer to defend a small claims case ??

Well, you have repeatedly said Mario recovered from his wrist injury after only one week when it was pointed out to you he had the surgery before the bye week so he had 2.5 weeks to recover.

You start the same stupid threads on every Bills board known to mankind.

That is how you are a troll.

Skooby
06-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Well, you have repeatedly said Mario recovered from his wrist injury after only one week when it was pointed out to you he had the surgery before the bye week so he had 2.5 weeks to recover.

You start the same stupid threads on every Bills board known to mankind.

That is how you are a troll.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/24/mario-williams-had-wrist-surgery-not-expected-to-miss-any-games/

First post out the box was exactly what I thought, is that what he's going to use as an excuse? Maybe he did have more time to heal than a week, maybe 2.5 weeks so what? Maybe he should have had surgery week 1 or 2 & gave us a full year of his health then, it's all subjective. His performance in the first half of the season wasn't worth $10 M, that's my point. If you want to say it was, you're insane.

SquishDaFish
06-29-2013, 10:16 AM
NOONE in the NFL is worth 10Million IMO. But we arent the ones that hand out those paychecks so it has nothing to do with the argument at all

Skooby
06-29-2013, 10:37 AM
NOONE in the NFL is worth 10Million IMO. But we arent the ones that hand out those paychecks so it has nothing to do with the argument at all

It's all about the utilization of resources, good or bad. You can't pay the back-up punter a fortune because you'll be short the cash to pay a talented FA. That's my main point & one of the things that's frustrated me the most about the Bills, we've been spending money on losing efforts (many years running).

hemi13
06-29-2013, 10:40 AM
I agree. It's funny and well executed. . . but Mario's got to recognize that he's a public figure. Send it to your buddies, but don't post it.

You know what? This is still the United States of American and last I checked, the Constitution protects him too. Unless the second amendment doesn't apply to public figures? I might have missed last nights newscast.

better days
06-29-2013, 10:49 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/24/mario-williams-had-wrist-surgery-not-expected-to-miss-any-games/

First post out the box was exactly what I thought, is that what he's going to use as an excuse? Maybe he did have more time to heal than a week, maybe 2.5 weeks so what? Maybe he should have had surgery week 1 or 2 & gave us a full year of his health then, it's all subjective. His performance in the first half of the season wasn't worth $10 M, that's my point. If you want to say it was, you're insane.

You are the one that is insane, starting threads that say MARIO WILLIAMS IS OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE-IT MIGHT BE TIME TO CUT BAIT.

To cut Mario NOW would be INSANE. I think we can all agree we have not had a return on the investment of Mario................... YET.

We finally have a Coach & a system that will take advantage of Mario's GIFTS & you want to cut him? NOW?

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the FACT you say SO WHAT to FACTS is what makes you a troll...................since you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Skooby
06-29-2013, 12:21 PM
You are the one that is insane, starting threads that say MARIO WILLIAMS IS OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE-IT MIGHT BE TIME TO CUT BAIT.

To cut Mario NOW would be INSANE. I think we can all agree we have not had a return on the investment of Mario................... YET.

We finally have a Coach & a system that will take advantage of Mario's GIFTS & you want to cut him? NOW?

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the FACT you say SO WHAT to FACTS is what makes you a troll...................since you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see the next excuse soon, that's all I'm expecting from him.

SquishDaFish
06-29-2013, 12:54 PM
It's all about the utilization of resources, good or bad. You can't pay the back-up punter a fortune because you'll be short the cash to pay a talented FA. That's my main point & one of the things that's frustrated me the most about the Bills, we've been spending money on losing efforts (many years running).

Losing efforts from this team has NOTHING to do with the spending of money or Mario it has to do with the things and 3 things only....
1. OWNER
2. **** COACHES
3. And most importantly QB POSITION SINCE KELLY/BLEDSOE

Those are the reasons we have been a losing franchise. Not to mention **** drafting like Mike Williams,MAybin,McGahee etc.

feldspar
06-29-2013, 02:03 PM

First of all, this is stupid.

Second of all, this is stupid.

Thirdly...well, you get the idea...

I don't take "cutting bait" with him seriously. The guy has NEVER been in trouble of any kind that I know of. Anybody that has a problem with him or what he does...that's THEIR problem. While we are at it, let's impeach the President of the United States:

http://media.salon.com/2013/02/obama-guns.jpeg-1280x960.jpg

JoeMama
06-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Firing a gun in mom jeans.

Obama you old dog!

justasportsfan
06-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Things change at the last minute during the draft, messages I got said we were trading out of our spot (you conveniently failed to post that one) & We might trade back again with Nassib being available later in the first. EJ had a shot to go earlier in the first then we were supposed to end up, no one really wanted to be near the top (henceforth the horrible value received for trading out of the top 5 spot).

. You got that message last minute before the draft? I knew that was a huge possibility a couple of weeks before the draft .

Skooby
06-29-2013, 04:24 PM
You got that message last minute before the draft? I knew that was a huge possibility a couple of weeks before the draft .

Good for you man, good for you.

justasportsfan
06-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Good for you man, good for you.

As per who knows what, that's just no concern of yours. I reported several events that were not reported until days later & got ripped for posting them. Here's a quick example that wasn't deleted:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217876-Rumor-Kevin-Kolb-coming-in-today

It's still in spam today, even though I was dead on accurate & 2 days earlier than Adam S. making it national news. I guess we all have selective memory as to who brings what here but many here can't post but what they read somewhere else, I post what I hear come what may. I won't always be right but I'm willing to put my neck out there, which is easier than calling people names after the fact or targeting specific events called wrong. as for this, I don't care. I knew we were going to sign Pettine a couple of days before we did. ;)

Skooby
06-29-2013, 04:39 PM
as for this, I don't care. I knew we were going to sign Pettine a couple of days before we did. ;)

That seems fair, LOL.

superbills
06-29-2013, 08:00 PM
It's a little known African bowl game that gets played in Kenya, I also meant Ivy & my phone helped me out.

Thanks for answering my sarcastic question...how about answering the other one?

Skooby
06-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for answering my sarcastic question...how about answering the other one?

His league got a huge black eye with guns & all, making fun of its biggest problem seems like a good idea to you? That's like taunting Enron about energy losses before the BK, it's heading the wrong way. When you're a star in a league & paid huge money, find some decorum / class while taking the high road. Is that too much to ask?

SquishDaFish
06-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Little overboard there Skooby. Chill the hell out

Buffalo Billy Bison
06-29-2013, 10:20 PM

Wow! You talk about rushing to judgement! He was open and honest via pictures about his gun collection. How does that make him guilty before the facts. Oh, what facts, sorry, NONE! Cut him and me a break will ya. This is a wast of everyones time! Pull this will ya?

Bert102176
07-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Don't worry about the Bills players. You don't want to go to games due to your fear of terrorist attacks. I would suggest building your bunker and getting into it.

Or just be like an ostrig put ur head in the nearest whole, probably ur toilet and kiss ur arse good bye.

DesertFox24
07-02-2013, 12:30 AM
I am sorry this is hysterical.

I think he is posting on something that they all thought about the guy.

Heck did you see what Matt Light said about Aaron. Matt Light had a rep of a very smart, hard working, and politically correct individual.

I played basketball in college and there is an unwritten rule "what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room."

gebobs
07-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Or you can overreact like a teenage girl.
Like someone saying they "don't want to live in a police state"? Is that an overreaction?

better days
07-03-2013, 07:32 AM
His league got a huge black eye with guns & all, making fun of its biggest problem seems like a good idea to you? That's like taunting Enron about energy losses before the BK, it's heading the wrong way. When you're a star in a league & paid huge money, find some decorum / class while taking the high road. Is that too much to ask?

The PATRIOTS* got the black eye, NOT the entire NFL. The Pats* were the team that drafted Hernandez when NO other team in the NFL would.

Skooby
08-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Sully just rips Mario to shreds, handwriting is on the wall:

We’re not talking about some undrafted free agent here. Not so long ago, remember, Williams was answering questions about a $785,000 engagement ring and whether he had contemplated suicide or abused painkillers.
It’s always something with Williams. Last week, a Houston TV station reported that Williams received special treatment from Lone Star State College, where he received a law enforcement degree earlier this year. The academy has been suspended while state regulators investigate.
The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement received a complaint about a cadet who did not meet the usual standards for completing a peace officer course, according to the TV report. The name of the cadet involved is blacked out in the report, but it’s Mario.
Then there was the flap in minicamp, when Williams said defensive coordinator Mike Pettine always told his defensive players to “kill ’em or hurt ’em.” Mario walked it back the next day, saying Pettine “never” said such things. Really, was he oblivious to Gregg Williams and the bounty scandal?
Oh, and the gun thing. Williams posted a photo on his Instagram page making fun of Aaron Hernandez after the former Patriot was accused of murder.
He depicts Hernandez as a character from “Grand Theft Auto New England.” Williams has also posted photos of himself holding automatic weapons.
As Tim Graham pointed out, Williams is well within his rights to own guns and be proud of them. But in the current NFL climate, where league officials and former players are urging players not to own weapons, it’s weak and childish behavior from one of the NFL’s most prominent athletes.
Have I left anything out? I feel sorry for Marrone, in a way. He’s a first-time NFL head coach. Toto, we’re not in Syracuse any more. Marrone better to get used to answering questions about Mario.
He’ll get grilled every time his defense gets shredded and Williams has an average game. He’ll be asked about the foot, of course. Mario has marked his foot in the dirt, providing him a convenient excuse when he plays below expectations – same as he did with the wrist a year ago.
Marrone isn’t stupid. He has to see the latest Williams injury in a larger context. A year ago at this time, Mario had a bad wrist. He said it was a big deal. Chan Gailey called it one of those “little things.” The Bills didn’t even list it on the injury report early in the year. The NFL wound up fining them for withholding injury information.
http://www.buffalone.../130809691/1003 (http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130804/SPORTS/130809691/1003)

Goobylal
08-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Sully is a tool. I have no idea why anyone reads him.

better days
08-04-2013, 12:39 AM
If Sully is against Mario, I am ALL FOR MARIO!

coastal
08-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Sully just rips Mario to shreds, handwriting is on the wall:
http://www.buffalone.../130809691/1003 (http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130804/SPORTS/130809691/1003)
Sully is ripping off my material again... but with a msg this important... I forgive him.

swiper
08-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Sullivan writing about Mario Williams... little tool writing about a bigger tool.

coastal
08-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Sullivan writing about Mario Williams... little tool writing about a bigger tool.
Anything about his article incorrect?

Jan Reimers
08-04-2013, 07:09 AM
The bottom line is, Mario is pretty much a head case, but I don't see him pulling a Hernandez any time soon. So until he does, let's see how he plays this year, and then share opinions on whether his production on the field warrants keeping him.

coastal
08-04-2013, 07:18 AM
The bottom line is, Mario is pretty much a head case, but I don't see him pulling a Hernandez any time soon. So until he does, let's see how he plays this year, and then share opinions on whether his production on the field warrants keeping him.
That's been part of my point all along... did his production warrant making him the highest paid defensive player in league history? Did he earn being the highest paid defensive player in league history last year?

anyone who is being honest has to come away with resounding NOs to both questions.

Fool's Gold

feldspar
08-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Fool's Gold

Shut up already. The Bills are a better team with Mario on it, and there is absolutely no question about that. Not like they are scrambling for money to pay other players, either. What are they, $21 million under the cap right now?

kishoph
08-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Anything about his article incorrect?

Who cares if it correct or incorrect, it's all nitpicking about petty stuff that is irrelevant to his play on the field. I'm pretty sure that Marrone is not going to be affected by any of this. Sully is an A-Hole who gets carried away with his childish vendettas, but as soon as Williams is playing good, Sully will be in the front of the line to kiss his ass.

Goobylal
08-04-2013, 07:48 AM
That's been part of my point all along... did his production warrant making him the highest paid defensive player in league history? Did he earn being the highest paid defensive player in league history last year?

anyone who is being honest has to come away with resounding NOs to both questions.

Fool's Gold
Did he deserve becoming the highest paid defensive player ever? Debatable but most likely considering what Peppers got a couple years before. Did he play like the best defensive player last year? No, but I believe he wasinjured and that the defensive scheme was so inept that he and everyone else was doomed to fail (not to mention Dareus regressing, Kyle still recovering, a lousy LB corps, Anderson being a bust, and Kelsay still being there).

If you think he fabricated the wrist injury or this one, you're entitled to that opinion. But I don't buy it and I believe he wants to be out there. And I don't care about the overblown stuff about the ring, gun/Hernandez pics, or police training, and think they're emblematic of having too many "reporters," too little real news, and too many forums. If we heard about a tenth of the stuff the SB era Bills did, we wouldn't be thinking so highly of them.

SquishDaFish
08-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Shut up already. The Bills are a better team with Mario on it, and there is absolutely no question about that. Not like they are scrambling for money to pay other players, either. What are they, $21 million under the cap right now?

Totally agreed!! :clap:

This foolsgold poster Coastal needs to hate on the Bills for overpaying players (Which they have to do to compete) and not Mario. Like I always say if Coastal was offered 100 Million Im sure he say yes in a heartbeat. Idiot

Skooby
08-04-2013, 09:12 AM

Fool's Gold Byrd wants to be the highest paid FS, the coveting in the locker room must be contagious.

coastal
08-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Byrd wants to be the highest paid FS, the coveting in the locker room must be contagious.
Exactly... Another part of this the mouth breathing Mario apologists don't get.

when the highest paid member of the team is a limp-wristed, drama queen with sore widdle piggies... the team chemistry is bound to suffer... last year... cough... cough.

and yet I'm the one to hate on?

coastal
08-04-2013, 09:24 AM
The Bills are a better team with Mario on it, and there is absolutely no question about that.:rofl:

Not like they are scrambling for money to pay other playersyou mean players like Byrd and Levitre? lolz.

Skooby
08-04-2013, 09:26 AM
:rofl:

you mean players like Byrd and Levitre? lolz.
Byrd isn't sitting out to be a team player, he's pouting because he didn't get everything his position has to offer.

coastal
08-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Idiot
http://youtu.be/x0ow4X8tiMI

Skooby
08-04-2013, 09:28 AM

when the highest paid member of the team is a limp-wristed, drama queen with sore widdle piggies... the team chemistry is bound to suffer... last year... cough... cough.

and yet I'm the one to hate on?Mario should lead by example of the size of his contract but continues to show immaturity, this isn't going to help the team. Mario also made the coach look stupid because the highest paid player wasn't at camp & nobody even knows where he went or why, a lousy way to lead by example.

coastal
08-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Byrd isn't sitting out to be a team player, he's pouting because he didn't get everything his position has to offer.
Of course he's trying to get his... and seeing the money they threw at Mario and what they got in return for it... who the **** can blame him?

SquishDaFish
08-04-2013, 09:35 AM
You two peas in a pod are the mouth breathers. Skooby finally has someone that he can preach with. Congrats idiots

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Two pathetic scuz buckets from Florida.

Skooby
08-04-2013, 10:06 AM
You two peas in a pod are the mouth breathers. Skooby finally has someone that he can preach with. Congrats idiots
Two pathetic scuz buckets from Florida.

You guys need a room.

coastal
08-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Reason isn't working so attack the messenger.

Skooby
08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Reason isn't working so attack the messenger. The press is even calling him out yet people try to ignore it. I posted this over a month ago & now you're reading about it in the local paper, so I'm not the only one who's calling him out now am I ?

Fixxxer
08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Reason isn't working so attack the messenger.

They're learning that stupidity should be ignored, they'll get there, eventually.

Skooby
08-04-2013, 10:13 AM
They're learning that stupidity should be ignored, they'll get there, eventually.It'll all be better now. http://runningcode3.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/article-1264092-081d0a9f000005dc-144_468x3392.jpg (http://runningcode3.com/2011/07/04/an-ostrich-in-disguise/)

mayotm
08-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Reason isn't working so attack the messenger.Most people would agree that Williams had a disappointing season. He will always have a difficult time living up to the contract because it was so large. That stated, the issue I and others have with you is that you seem to be cheering against Williams. You seem to enjoy anything negative that is reported about Williams. As a Bills fan, that's completely lame. You should be hoping that everybody on the team plays well. Also, you've more than made your point on how you feel about Williams. How many time do you plan to post the exact same thing?

coastal
08-04-2013, 10:17 AM
They're learning that stupidity should be ignored, they'll get there, eventually.theres room for u 2
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag51/khernandez331/bus-53429772940_zps7f435dea.jpeg

coastal
08-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Most people would agree that Williams had a disappointing season. He will always have a difficult time living up to the contract because it was so large. That stated, the issue I and others have with you is that you seem to be cheering against Williams. You seem to enjoy anything negative that is reported about Williams. As a Bills fan, that's completely lame. You should be hoping that everybody on the team plays well. Also, you've more than made your point on how you feel about Williams. How many time do you plan to post the exact same thing?
So because you perceive me to be enjoying being right whole others are wrong, the message is invalid?

i think not.

and this is not based on how I "feel about Mario."

Fixxxer
08-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Ah, gif comebacks, you're progressing guys. Keep it up.

coastal
08-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Ah, gif comebacks, you're progressing guys. Keep it up.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_b8evp1wnk0E/TNyRgAMqlBI/AAAAAAAAAB0/zAhmOtQINuE/s320/1340952-1-if-you-are-close-enough-to-read-this-you-can-blow-me.jpg

Fixxxer
08-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Amazing, one better than the other, keep it up, you have internet talent kid.

pmoon6
08-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Most people would agree that Williams had a disappointing season. He will always have a difficult time living up to the contract because it was so large. That stated, the issue I and others have with you is that you seem to be cheering against Williams. You seem to enjoy anything negative that is reported about Williams. As a Bills fan, that's completely lame. You should be hoping that everybody on the team plays well. Also, you've more than made your point on how you feel about Williams. How many time do you plan to post the exact same thing?Until you get on your knees before him and chant "I'm Not Worthy".

He is, after all, the quintessential talent evaluator and Grand Poobah of all things Football. I sometimes can't believe that I even get the honor of a response from Him. It's gratifying when us lowly serfs are noticed by such a great King.

All Hail.

coastal
08-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Until you get on your knees before him and chant "I'm Not Worthy".

He is, after all, the quintessential talent evaluator and Grand Poobah of all things Football. I sometimes can't believe that I even get the honor of a response from Him. It's gratifying when us lowly serfs are noticed by such a great King.

All Hail.
You can live.

pmoon6
08-04-2013, 10:33 AM
You can live.:rofl: Thanks for the morning chuckle.

The short bus post was pretty good as well.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2013, 10:52 AM
When the Bills signed Mario I was just happy they finally spent some money in free agency. We were just going through the motions for so long.

I knew he would not live up to that contract. The truth is that he never lived up to his draft status in Houston.

Nonetheless last year was a disappointment. He was not a difference maker nor made players around him look better.

What would make me go "coastal" is if I thought for a minute that the Bills are not signing their good players due to Mario's contract. However, with over $20M unspent, I can't blame the Bills' unwillingness on Mario's contract.

I think if the Bills had not signed Mario, that money would just not have been spent.

Could the Bills be so incompetent to have decided on an internal salary cap and then at the same time sign Mario to that contract?

If you do not believe it is incompetence, then Brandon did the math to determine how much revenue would increase to the Bills specifically due to that contract to Mario.

I'm all for the Bills spending to the cap.

We often forget that Ralph's share of TV revenue covers the Bills salaries.

The county picks up a good chunk of the stadium costs.

Ralph has very little of his own sagging skin in the game.

coastal
08-04-2013, 10:54 AM
When the Bills signed Mario I was just happy they finally spent some money in free agency. We were just going through the motions for so long.

I knew he would not live up to that contract. The truth is that he never lived up to his draft status in Houston.

Nonetheless last year was a disappointment. He was not a difference maker nor made players around him look better.

What would make me go "coastal" is if I thought for a minute that the Bills are not signing their good players due to Mario's contract. However, with over $20M unspent, I can't blame the Bills' unwillingness on Mario's contract.

I think if the Bills had not signed Mario, that money would just not have been spent.

Could the Bills be so incompetent to have decided on an internal salary cap and then at the same time sign Mario to that contract?

If you do not believe it is incompetence, then Brandon did the math to determine how much revenue would increase to the Bills specifically due to that contract to Mario.

I'm all for the Bills spending to the cap.

We often forget that Ralph's share of TV revenue covers the Bills salaries.

The county picks up a good chunk of the stadium costs.

Ralph has very little of his sagging skin in the game.
Lets say they have an internal cap number... and because of Mario we lose two players we drafted, developed and that produce in the process?

unacceptable.

plain and simple.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Lets say they have an internal cap number... and because of Mario we lose two players we drafted, developed and that produce in the process?

unacceptable.

plain and simple.

Oh I agree.

It is incompetent to have an internal cap and then sign Mario to that contract knowing Byrd and Levitre's contracts were up so soon.

My guess is that Brandon saw season ticket sales slipping prior to last year and justified Mario's contract simply on increased revenues.

His focus was not on improving the Bills on field record.

pmoon6
08-04-2013, 11:06 AM

unacceptable.

plain and simple.I don't think that's the case. It's more of were and are we willing to pay 8-9 million a year for a guard or a safety? Personally, I don't think Levitre or Byrd are worth that much.

It also makes me think of another player. What would Bills' Fans thought if we paid Jason Peters a boatload (even though he didn't want to continue playing here, IMO) He has been injured a few times. I even read he reinjured his Achilles in a fall and then sued the company that manufactured his walker. I think they settled out of court for 2 million dollars.

coastal
08-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Oh I agree.

It is incompetent to have an internal cap and then sign Mario to that contract knowing Byrd and Levitre's contracts were up so soon.

My guess is that Brandon saw season ticket sales slipping prior to last year and justified Mario's contract simply on increased revenues.

His focus was not on improving the Bills on field record.
Couldn't agree more.

pmoon6
08-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I wonder if some Bills' Fans internal intracranial cap is set a little low. I mean how can we expect them to develop intelligent opinions when they don't have tools to do so.:D

coastal
08-04-2013, 11:11 AM
It also makes me think of another player. What would Bills' Fans thought if we paid Jason Peters a boatload (even though he didn't want to continue playing here, IMO) He has been injured a few times. I even read he reinjured his Achilles in a fall and then sued the company that manufactured his walker. I think they settled out of court for 2 million dollars.
Wow.. When did that happen?

pmoon6
08-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Wow.. When did that happen?Not long ago. I'll see if I can find it.

pmoon6
08-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Philadelphia Eagles left tackle Jason Peters will get nearly $2 million in a lawsuit over a rolling walker which he says broke and caused him to reinjure his torn Achilles tendon.

The lawsuit says Peters was using a Roll-A-Bout knee walker in March 2012 when it broke below the handlebar, three weeks after his initial surgery.

Lawyer Michael Trunk says Peters had to endure a second operation because of the setback. He missed the entire season.

Trunk says the product was sold for patients weighing up to 500 pounds, while Peters was listed at 340.

Lawyer Elizabeth Underwood, who represents the company, declined comment Wednesday. The suit was filed in federal court in Philadelphia.

Trunk says the 31-year-old Pro Bowler is eager to move past the lawsuit and focus on football.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/07/17/eagles-t-jason-peters-settles-lawsuit-with-device-company-over-2nd-achilles/

OK, it happened last year, so it probably would affect him during the coming season.

feldspar
08-04-2013, 12:43 PM
:rofl:

you mean players like Byrd and Levitre? lolz.

What are you talking about? They HAD the money to pay Byrd and Levitre. Mario's salary was irrelevant to that.

and yet I'm the one to hate on?

You should listen to yourself...a limp-wristed, drama queen with sore widdle piggies...

You are being irrational in your over-the-top hatred of the guy. Do you even root for him or hope that he does well? You act like he raped your children or something. This guy could rip you in half.

SquishDaFish
08-04-2013, 01:28 PM
What are you talking about? They HAD the money to pay Byrd and Levitre. Mario's salary was irrelevant to that.

You should listen to yourself...a limp-wristed, drama queen with sore widdle piggies...

You are being irrational in your over-the-top hatred of the guy. Do you even root for him or hope that he does well? You act like he raped your children or something. This guy could rip you in half.

Please dont insinuate this dumbass has kids or ever will reproduce because I would feel very sorry for that offspring.

cookie G
08-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Shut up already. The Bills are a better team with Mario on it, and there is absolutely no question about that.

There is absolutely a question about that. And that's the problem.

He's shown no more than Chris Kelsay with a few more sacks (against the weak competition).

Without him...

The run D would have finished 33rd against the run?

The Pats would score 60 points instead of 50?

San Francisco would have gained 700 yards, instead of 600+?

The dude's impact on the D has been neglible at best.

Maybe Pettine can make him an impact player and have some type of effect on the D, something that every other DC he's had in his career couldn't do.

Skooby
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM

He's shown no more than Chris Kelsay with a few more sacks (against the weak competition).

Without him...

Maybe Pettine can make him an impact player and have some type of effect on the D, something that every other DC he's had in his career couldn't do.

Great post.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Williams should be nicknamed Mario Measurables since that is what the scouts fell in love with.

They can't accept that a guy with his measurables isn't an impact player on the field.

Goobylal
08-04-2013, 04:34 PM

Without him...

He had a sack a game in the first (and only) 5 games with the only real DC he's ever had: Wade Phillips. Every other DC has been a scrub, most notable Wanny last year. What a colossal bust he was

coastal
08-04-2013, 04:38 PM
What are you talking about? They HAD the money to pay Byrd and Levitre. Mario's salary was irrelevant to that. per the salary cap yes, but if you have access to their budget... by all means please share with the rest of us!

You are being irrational in your over-the-top hatred of the guy. Do you even root for him or hope that he does well? You act like he raped your children or something. This guy could rip you in half.lame smack talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Please dont insinuate this dumbass has kids or ever will reproduce because I would feel very sorry for that offspring.
Even lamer smack.

coastal
08-04-2013, 04:40 PM
He had a sack a game in the first (and only) 5 games with the only real DC he's ever had: Wade Phillips. Every other DC has been a scrub, most notable Wanny last year. What a colossal bust he was
5 games a $100 million contract makes?

Goobylal
08-04-2013, 05:07 PM
5 games a $100 million contract makes?
It's more than just that. But if Julius Peppers was worth $14M/year in 2010 and at the age of 30, then Mario arguably was worth $16M/year at the age of 27.

cookie G
08-04-2013, 05:41 PM

The Texans' defense really dropped off after he got hurt, didn't it?

Skooby
08-04-2013, 06:36 PM

I'm sure they're crushed that he left, LOL.

Goobylal
08-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Considering the creampuff schedule they played from game 6 onwards, no.

I'm sure they're crushed that he left, LOL.
They were crushed...by the Pats last year. Twice actually. Despite a far better team overall than the Bills. At least the Bills gave the Pats a good game in the 2nd contest.

cookie G
08-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Considering the creampuff schedule they played from game 6 onwards, no.

They were crushed...by the Pats last year. Twice actually. Despite a far better team overall than the Bills. At least the Bills gave the Pats a good game in the 2nd contest.

They should have had Mario.

After all..his 2 games against the Pats...

5 tackles
0 sacks
0 pressure
89 points allowed
over 900 yards allowed.
A sore butt from Sebastian Vollmer's ass raping.

This um..."The Bills are better with Mario" argument isn't going too well.

Goobylal
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM

5 tackles
0 sacks
0 pressure
89 points allowed
over 900 yards allowed.

Doesn't sound much different from the butt raping the Pats put on JJ Watt/the Texans. But no one would compare the two teams' defenses in terms of personnel or coaching. Never mind the offenses. Although this season has yet to play out.

Look, if you want to think it's all about one player or that the defense wouldn't have been worse without him, or that Wanny wasn't a significant detriment to the defense, feel free to do so. Mario is on the team and will be here for awhile so you'll just have to deal with it.

coastal
08-04-2013, 11:13 PM

5 tackles
0 sacks
0 pressure
89 points allowed
over 900 yards allowed.

My favorite was the post game one whine-a-thon after Ryan Howard beat him up.

Here's Sully's response...

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/bills-mario-williams-blames-replacement-referees/

"They didn’t get a sniff of the embattled Mark Sanchez, who looked like Joe Montana. Is that why the Bills gave $100 million to Mario Williams, so they could finish the game without registering an official hit on the quarterback, never mind a sack? Williams whined about Jets right tackle Austin Howard smacking him in the face. Next time, Mario, swat him back with your checkbook."

...more...

Lolz

better days
08-05-2013, 12:53 AM

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/bills-mario-williams-blames-replacement-referees/

"They didn’t get a sniff of the embattled Mark Sanchez, who looked like Joe Montana. Is that why the Bills gave $100 million to Mario Williams, so they could finish the game without registering an official hit on the quarterback, never mind a sack? Williams whined about Jets right tackle Austin Howard smacking him in the face. Next time, Mario, swat him back with your checkbook."

...more...

Lolz

Sully must be your idol.

Skooby
08-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Wait, should we hold Mario up to actually getting to our divisional opponents ?

Skooby
08-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Sully must be your idol.
Would you like to use an excuse ? Maybe we should find an injury that keeps him only succeeding against our weakest opponents.

SquishDaFish
08-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Im glad idiots like you 2 clowns can keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with the same **** AGAINST our own player(S) who will be here for a LONG time. Instead of rooting for him and us to do good. Pathetic excuse for fans

better days
08-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Would you like to use an excuse ? Maybe we should find an injury that keeps him only succeeding against our weakest opponents.

NO excuses. An explanation, yes.

You people are blaming the wrong guy.

It should be apparent to EVERYONE that Wannstedt did not have a good system in place last year for the defense.

If people want to lay blame for last years defense, they should put the blame where it belongs on the shoulders of Wanny.

I believe the critics will have their mouths shut after Mario plays in Pettine's defense this year.

cookie G
08-05-2013, 09:27 AM

...more...

Lolz

I actually thought of that game over the weekend, while I was boycotting the watching of Chris Carter's acceptance speech . (Another big FU to Dre Reed). There was one play that pretty much summed up the difference between him and Bruce.

Instead of watching it, watched a few clips from the 90s on Youtube. I had on the '93 Division playoff game against the Raiders and watched a few minutes of it.

On one play, Bruce got double teamed with the tackle and TE. The play was going away from him, he kind of let up, and the tackle took a quick shot of him as he did. Mcguire was doing color on the game and he made a note of it on the replay, saying 'this is why Bruce is a little ticked after the play, it was a bit of a cheap shot".

The very next play, its a run up the middle. The Raiders have the TE blocking Bruce. In one quick move, he gets his hands under the pads of the TE, literally throws him out of the way, knifes to the inside and punches the ball out of Napoleon Macullum's hands. Fumble, Henry Jones recovers.

It was a perfect FU play, that just said..."don't be doing that crap with me". That's when I thought of the whining that went on after the Jets game.

God I miss those days.

cookie G
08-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Im glad idiots like you 2 clowns can keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with the same **** AGAINST our own player(S) who will be here for a LONG time. Instead of rooting for him and us to do good. Pathetic excuse for fans

oh, its not all the players..I actually like most of the players, love some of them.

Jackson
Kyle Williams
Eric Wood
Stevie
Spiller
Bradham

That's just a few. Its actually a pretty long list. Those are guys I think are going to battle, win or lose and no matter who their opponent is.

I'm sorry you've hitched your hero worship to a career underachiever/overpaid/there to pick up a very large paycheck type of guy.

I really am.

But that's not my problem.

Ask Talley how he feels about him.

cookie G
08-05-2013, 09:57 AM
NO excuses. An explanation, yes.

You people are blaming the wrong guy.

It should be apparent to EVERYONE that Wannstedt did not have a good system in place last year for the defense.

If people want to lay blame for last years defense, they should put the blame where it belongs on the shoulders of Wanny.

I believe the critics will have their mouths shut after Mario plays in Pettine's defense this year.

I'd like nothing better than for Pettine to turn the defense around and get somethign out of the underachievers on it.

As far as Wanny's scheme...I hate to tell you this, but for a DE, its about the easiest scheme in the world.

Pin ears back
Beat the man in front of you
Protect edge
Be aware of the play flow

That's it. The DE gets a mano a mano battle with the OT on nearly every play. Minimal reads, no holding ground at the line of scrimmage. No plugging two gaps. Just attack. For a good DE...that's heaven.

Someone made a comment here a while back that Bruce would have failed big time in Wanny's system. To the contrary, he would have thrived, just like he did in Corey's system. Going one on one with an OT was pretty much what he did. He would have loved it.

The problem with Wanny's system is that it is predicated on the DL, especially the DE's, beating their man on one on one.

He thought he was getting a Bruce Smith, or at least a Jason Taylor. He didn't. And he didn't adjust.

justasportsfan
08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Pin ears back
Beat the man in front of you
Protect edge
Be aware of the play flow

Blitz?
What's a read Option ?

Fixed it for you.